#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    This guy is such a loser. Creepy joe at it again

Loser? The dude is POTUS. I'd say the guy who comes onto a Pearl Jam message board to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks is a better example.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    edited October 2022
    benjs said:

Loser? The dude is POTUS. I'd say the guy who comes onto a Pearl Jam message board to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks is a better example.
    No way, this guy definitely has a better resume than congressman, youngest senator in US history, VP and now President.  Don't you @Out of My Mind and Time   I'm defending you here, prove me right and tell us all what you do for a living that makes you a winner and Biden a loser.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

hi @Out of My Mind and Time  --what do you think Trump was doing with all those top secret documents?
    www.myspace.com
  • This guy is such a loser. Creepy joe at it again

hi @Out of My Mind and Time  --what do you think Trump was doing with all those top secret documents?
    Why are any of you grabbing the low lying fruit?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348

You think we can have an argument about whether the 11th circuit court of appeals is going to throw out the special master, reaffirming the Harris v Nelson decision that states a target of an investigation may not file civil actions to delay a criminal investigation?  Think Mr. Meme will be able to make the argument that the Warren court decided that case in error?
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038

I don't disagree with your overall point, I try to ignore the trolls as much as possible, and respond even less... with that being said, why aren't you asking the troll why they are doing what they are doing? 

I miss the old days when shitty behavior was called out, not the way people react to shitty behavior. 
  • mrussel1 said:

You think we can have an argument about whether the 11th circuit court of appeals is going to throw out the special master, reaffirming the Harris v Nelson decision that states a target of an investigation may not file civil actions to delay a criminal investigation?  Think Mr. Meme will be able to make the argument that the Warren court decided that case in error?

I don't disagree with your overall point, I try to ignore the trolls as much as possible, and respond even less... with that being said, why aren't you asking the troll why they are doing what they are doing? 

I miss the old days when shitty behavior was called out, not the way people react to shitty behavior. 
    It's the pile on gang mentality that I don't care for.  It's an easy target so why bother?  It's not a person that is going to engage in anything meaningful would be my guess?

I mean the Creepy Biden thing again?  Really?  That's the angle they want to do?
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    mrussel1 said:

Probably….maybe in the trump thread :)
    hippiemom = goodness
    mrussel1 said:

It's the pile on gang mentality that I don't care for.  It's an easy target so why bother?  It's not a person that is going to engage in anything meaningful would be my guess?

I mean the Creepy Biden thing again?  Really?  That's the angle they want to do?
    My point stands, the reactions to that shitty behavior aren't worse than the shitty behavior, but you're only calling out the former.

It's a tacit defense of the original shitty behavior.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    Don’t worry about creepy Joe, because republicans gained four points in the latest times poll, gaining mostly with….women. So we’ll be getting an impeachment per week soon @Out of My Mind and Time

FFS they WANT to be treated like this? Don’t want to hear one woman blame a man for this treatment if Dems lose the midterms.

Because, tax cuts will save the world for the global economy. Damn elections are so stupid, might as well have an authoritarian dictator, because womens rights and climate mean nothing to independents deciding elections 
  • mrussel1 said:

My point stands, the reactions to that shitty behavior aren't worse than the shitty behavior, but you're only calling out the former.

No, no.  I am merely saying why even bother?  That was my point.  You're not going to get anything out of it from them which you chose to gloss over.

Look I'm with you on calling it out but when 5 people do it and no response from the first 2 people I think it's safe to say you can divert energy elsewhere.

And I'm defending them? oh boy...
    mrussel1 said:

No, no.  I am merely saying why even bother?  That was my point.  You're not going to get anything out of it from them which you chose to gloss over.

Look I'm with you on calling it out but when 5 people do it and no response from the first 2 people I think it's safe to say you can divert energy elsewhere.

What is wrong with asking him a question? I legitimately want to see one of these people attempt to answer it at some point. If they don't, so be it.
    www.myspace.com
    mrussel1 said:

I'm not glossing anything over, that person isn't here for a good faith conversation, and people are justifiably pushing back. 

Why not just ignore the responses as well as the original post? 

Someone's trolling, people are justifiably telling the troll where to go, and you're calling out the latter only. 

Yeah, that comes across as a tacit defense. 
  • mrussel1 said:

I'm not glossing anything over, that person isn't here for a good faith conversation, and people are justifiably pushing back. 

Why not just ignore the responses as well as the original post? 

Someone's trolling, people are justifiably telling the troll where to go, and you're calling out the latter only. 

Yeah, that comes across as a tacit defense. 
    Whatever, I said it's low lying fruit.  It is.
  • mrussel1 said:

What is wrong with asking him a question? I legitimately want to see one of these people attempt to answer it at some point. If they don't, so be it.
    I do miss the older posters that would at least engage with everyone.

Those days are now over...  It's hit and run now on here it seems.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,301
    mrussel1 said:

I’m not defending the OP because it’s obvious trolling, but it can be exhausting trying to defend your point to 7 different people at once on a website so it’s no surprise it doesn’t happen anymore. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I’m not defending the OP because it’s obvious trolling, but it can be exhausting trying to defend your point to 7 different people at once on a website so it’s no surprise it doesn’t happen anymore. 
    haha, totally. been there. it's even worse when people don't read your responses to other posters, constantly rehashing the same point over and over. 

but yeah, that dude is obviously trolling. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

What point would he be defending? 
    www.myspace.com
    There’s no shortage of instances in this forum (& elsewhere) where the point you guys are making totally applies… I just don’t think this is one of them.  
    There’s no shortage of instances in this forum (& elsewhere) where the point you guys are making totally applies… I just don’t think this is one of them.  
    for sure, nick was responding to tempo's general comment about dissenting opinions. 

www.headstonesband.com

interesting; Biden has spent more time at his personal residences at this point than Trump:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/17/politics/joe-biden-presidency-delaware-work-from-home/index.html

www.headstonesband.com

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    interesting; Biden has spent more time at his personal residences at this point than Trump:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/17/politics/joe-biden-presidency-delaware-work-from-home/index.html
    Interesting for sure. In reality can work from wherever….the only thing that I’d be interested in knowing…does this add any cost? And if yes, how much? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257

Thats been the case for a while. I didn't want to be called out for being the first to bring it up, but for all those "gone golfing" jokes about Trump, its funny no one complains about Biden's vacation days.
    I think both are depressing. They all take too many days off.
    edited October 2022
    mace1229 said:

Thats been the case for a while. I didn't want to be called out for being the first to bring it up, but for all those "gone golfing" jokes about Trump, its funny no one complains about Biden's vacation days.
    I think there's a difference between a short trip to Delaware and the much longer trip to Florida. Then you factor in the unethicality of how Trump charged (grossly overcharged) the secret service to stay in his properties to protect him, essentially profiting from taking vacations, plus the fact that he was promoting said properties that benefitted his business that he did not fully divest from and....well, you can see how there's not as much outrage. 

As Cincy said, presidents can work from anywhere. I didn't have a problem with W working from his ranch all the time. What Trump did was, as always, different than any other president. And I am only bringing up Trump because you did. 

For more information on how Trump overcharged the secret service, you can read this article:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-organization-charged-secret-service-much-1185-night-stay-trump-d-rcna52521
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

Trump spent more time on the golf course than his predecessor, who he criticized relentlessly for the amount of time spent on the golf course. That shouldn't be overlooked here when pointing out the criticism trump got for time spent on the golf course. 

Trump spent more time on the golf course than his predecessor, who he criticized relentlessly for the amount of time spent on the golf course. That shouldn't be overlooked here when pointing out the criticism trump got for time spent on the golf course. 
    100%, and I would imagine biden is actually WORKING when in Delaware as opposed to Trump just schmoozing and cheating at golf. 

www.headstonesband.com

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,742

Interesting for sure. In reality can work from wherever….the only thing that I’d be interested in knowing…does this add any cost? And if yes, how much? 

or does Bidens household earn a profit by his staying there?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,742

from a different article posted here....

During his presidency, Trump visited his properties 547 times, including 145 visits to his Mar-a-Lago Club in Florida, the investigation found, citing a study by Citizens for Ethics and Responsibility in Washington.

so that was in 4 years. Biden is spending weekends in Deleware? that would total 208 in a 4 year term. which doesn't account for times he may be overseas.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mace1229 said:

is biden staying at his own hotel and billing the secret service 1500 per night per room and lining his own pockets.

i don't care that biden is taking time away from the white house because obviously he is working. the former guy spent more time looking for an errant tee shot than he did doing actual work.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    $1500 per night per room at trump properties and people are whining about Biden going to his house?