Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,158
    $1500 per night per room at trump properties and people are whining about Biden going to his house?
    Who is whining? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    LOL.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,096
    $1500 per night per room at trump properties and people are whining about Biden going to his house?
    this is funny. an exact comparison is made (days to days away from the WH) and people then turn around and change the conversation (cost to cost) because it doesn't fit with the narrative. 

I recall people "whining" about trump's time away from the WH all the time (myself included!), even without the cost being part of the conversation. 

But like I said above, I don't believe for one second that trump was working during that time. I believe biden to be utilizing a hybrid system of working and time off. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,153
    I really can't believe the Dems didn't demand more information when all this shit was going on. I guarantee you that the totals paid to tRump properties was millions. Total fucking ripoff.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,655
    this is funny. an exact comparison is made (days to days away from the WH) and people then turn around and change the conversation (cost to cost) because it doesn't fit with the narrative. 

I recall people "whining" about trump's time away from the WH all the time (myself included!), even without the cost being part of the conversation. 

But like I said above, I don't believe for one second that trump was working during that time. I believe biden to be utilizing a hybrid system of working and time off. 

Maybe bring it up with the person who brought up the potential cost of Biden working from home? Because it wasn't me who brought this angle to the conversation. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,482
    I know this is a year old. I can't find anything newer but I cannot imagine Joe has golfed more often in the last 12 months. Other than profiting from his time away from the White House, THIS, was the issue most had with Trump spending time away......He Wasn't Working. He was spending the majority of his time on the golf course and lying about working while doing so. 

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/politico-reports-president-biden-has-played-golf-10-times-in-first-9-months-which-is-54-fewer-than-trump/

Politico Reports President Biden Has Played Golf 10 Times in First 9 Months — Which is 54 Fewer Than Trump

By Tommy ChristopherOct 6th, 2021, 1:36 pm
    386 comments
    submit to reddit
    Joe Biden Donald Trump Getty Golf split image

Left: JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images Right: Leon Neal/Getty Images

Politico reports that President Joe Biden has played golf a whopping 10 times since taking office — which is a fraction of the outings that former President Donald Trump had racked up in his first nine months.

Politico’s West Wing Playbook newsletter did a deep dive into Biden’s presidential golf hijinks — or at least as deep a dive as the facts would allow — and initially reported there were 11 outings, two of which featured mystery partners:

The White House has provided a list of golf partners for nine of the president’s eleven outings at Fieldstone Golf Club near his home in Wilmington, Del. The White House did not answer questions about the other outings. The club’s directors and managers did not respond to several emails and calls Tuesday.

Reached by phone, a man named Mark in the golf shop only said, “Nope. Sorry. We do not give any information out. We’re a private club.”

Here is the list of Biden’s golfing partners so far:
    Ron Olivere (the father of Hallie, Beau’s widow and the president’s daughter-in-law): 4 times
    Steve Ricchetti: 4
    Hunter Biden (grandson): 2
    Ted Kaufman: 2
    Jimmy Biden (brother): 2
    Jack Owens (brother-in-law): 2
    Jim Larkin (director of golf at Fieldstone): 1

But the White House later updated the newsletter authors: Biden only played golf 10 times, not 11, and the mystery guest was a fifth visit by Ron Olivere.

At the same point in his presidency, Trump had made 64 visits to golf properties, 63 of them to properties he owns. President Biden doesn’t own any golf resorts.

And while Trump hit the links within days of his inauguration, it took Biden almost three months to play his first presidential round.

Prior to his victory over Trump, Biden played regularly enough at clubs in Delaware, and during his stint s President Barack Obama’s VP,  Biden was ranked 29th-best golfer in Washington, DC in 2011. But by the time he and Obama left office in 2017, he had slipped to number 68.

And while Biden did participate in the high-profile “golf summit” with Obama and then-Speaker of the House John Boehner, a review of pool reports from Biden’s eight years as VP show only a few mentions of golf with Obama.

Biden has been photographed rather infrequently playing golf, including at tournaments run by The Beau Biden Foundation, a charitable organization founded by his late son. It is the symbol for Beau’s foundation that adorns the cap that the president wears when he plays.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,360
    I know this is a year old. I can't find anything newer but I cannot imagine Joe has golfed more often in the last 12 months. Other than profiting from his time away from the White House, THIS, was the issue most had with Trump spending time away......He Wasn't Working. He was spending the majority of his time on the golf course and lying about working while doing so. 

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/politico-reports-president-biden-has-played-golf-10-times-in-first-9-months-which-is-54-fewer-than-trump/

Politico Reports President Biden Has Played Golf 10 Times in First 9 Months — Which is 54 Fewer Than Trump

By Tommy ChristopherOct 6th, 2021, 1:36 pm
    386 comments
    submit to reddit
    Joe Biden Donald Trump Getty Golf split image

Left: JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images Right: Leon Neal/Getty Images

Politico reports that President Joe Biden has played golf a whopping 10 times since taking office — which is a fraction of the outings that former President Donald Trump had racked up in his first nine months.

Politico’s West Wing Playbook newsletter did a deep dive into Biden’s presidential golf hijinks — or at least as deep a dive as the facts would allow — and initially reported there were 11 outings, two of which featured mystery partners:

The White House has provided a list of golf partners for nine of the president’s eleven outings at Fieldstone Golf Club near his home in Wilmington, Del. The White House did not answer questions about the other outings. The club’s directors and managers did not respond to several emails and calls Tuesday.

Reached by phone, a man named Mark in the golf shop only said, “Nope. Sorry. We do not give any information out. We’re a private club.”

Here is the list of Biden’s golfing partners so far:
    Ron Olivere (the father of Hallie, Beau’s widow and the president’s daughter-in-law): 4 times
    Steve Ricchetti: 4
    Hunter Biden (grandson): 2
    Ted Kaufman: 2
    Jimmy Biden (brother): 2
    Jack Owens (brother-in-law): 2
    Jim Larkin (director of golf at Fieldstone): 1

But the White House later updated the newsletter authors: Biden only played golf 10 times, not 11, and the mystery guest was a fifth visit by Ron Olivere.

At the same point in his presidency, Trump had made 64 visits to golf properties, 63 of them to properties he owns. President Biden doesn’t own any golf resorts.

And while Trump hit the links within days of his inauguration, it took Biden almost three months to play his first presidential round.

Prior to his victory over Trump, Biden played regularly enough at clubs in Delaware, and during his stint s President Barack Obama’s VP,  Biden was ranked 29th-best golfer in Washington, DC in 2011. But by the time he and Obama left office in 2017, he had slipped to number 68.

And while Biden did participate in the high-profile “golf summit” with Obama and then-Speaker of the House John Boehner, a review of pool reports from Biden’s eight years as VP show only a few mentions of golf with Obama.

Biden has been photographed rather infrequently playing golf, including at tournaments run by The Beau Biden Foundation, a charitable organization founded by his late son. It is the symbol for Beau’s foundation that adorns the cap that the president wears when he plays.

just shows how inept and unprecedential he really is.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    edited October 2022
    Who is whining? 
    Commie News Network and the GOP

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options

Yeah I brought up the cost as to me, in today's world it's all that matters in this discussion.  To think the president has to be in the oval office to work is silly IMO.  But sorry if it derailed the point.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,655

Yeah I brought up the cost as to me, in today's world it's all that matters in this discussion.  To think the president has to be in the oval office to work is silly IMO.  But sorry if it derailed the point.
    What was the point that got derailed? 
  • Options

What was the point that got derailed? 
    Not sure it did, but it seemed to want to talk about days away from the office for the president.   Hence "if".
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    When I was leaving Colombia yesterday I noticed Air Force one and a large similarly sized grey US Army plane on the Tarmac in Bogota.  Anybody know what we are doing down there diplomatically?  I couldn't find any mention of anything on the net.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,815
    static111 said:
    When I was leaving Colombia yesterday I noticed Air Force one and a large similarly sized grey US Army plane on the Tarmac in Bogota.  Anybody know what we are doing down there diplomatically?  I couldn't find any mention of anything on the net.
    Hunter Biden running coke, would be my guess. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Hunter Biden running coke, would be my guess. 
    LOL. Still at it!
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    AF1? no mention of Biden in Columbia

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Blinken was in Columbia on the 3rd. I didnt see when he left. what was the seal?

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Blinken was in Columbia on the 3rd. I didnt see when he left. what was the seal?

Damn they have three different blue planes with different seals?  I didn't pay too much attention to the seal.  I thought blue plane United States of America next to some army planes meant AF1 as a default?  Learn something new everyday.  I have no clue what the seal was.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    edited October 2022
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Damn they have three different blue planes with different seals?  I didn't pay too much attention to the seal.  I thought blue plane United States of America next to some army planes meant AF1 as a default?  Learn something new everyday.  I have no clue what the seal was.

the plane the president flies on is AF1.  could be a prop plane puddle jumper, its af1 with the president on board.  AF1.

US SEC of State would use

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    It was actually one of these upon further inquiring.  Who knew?  Anyway someone high up was definitely down there for a visit.

Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    It was actually one of these upon further inquiring.  Who knew?  Anyway someone high up was definitely down there for a visit.

and the military aircraft would be for support gear, security staff,  cars etc....

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:

the plane the president flies on is AF1.  could be a prop plane puddle jumper, its af1 with the president on board.  AF1.

US SEC of State would use

That is the one thing I learned watching Air Force One.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Omg lol

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,153
    I mean....kinda funny....but Fetterman will improve and clearly represents PA better than Oz the carpetbagger.

Still funny to me that the right is so quick to point out gaffes when they were completely fine with tRump's.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Omg lol

Hey bud....what do you think Trump was doing with all those top secret documents in Mara Lago?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

With Americans feeling pinched, Biden targets 'junk fees'
    By KEN SWEET
    54 mins ago

NEW YORK (AP) — With time running out before the election, President Joe Biden highlighted his administration's push to crack down on so-called junk fees that banks and other companies charge their customers. The announcement comes after months of high inflation have eaten away at Americans' savings and made the economy the top issue for voters.

Biden was joined by Rohit Chopra, the director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the nation's financial watchdog agency created after the Great Recession. The bureau is targeting overdraft fees charged by banks as well as bad check fees, which are levied against a bank customer when a check isn't valid.

The bureau's guidance would make it illegal for banks to charge an overdraft fee on a transaction when a customer's account shows a positive balance at the time of a purchase, or when they withdraw money from their account.

Prior to the pandemic, banks collectively charged their customers roughly $15 billion in overdraft and bounced check fees, according to a bureau estimate. The bureau estimates that its new enforcement push on junk fees will save Americans roughly $3 billion in fees annually.

“These steps will immediately start saving Americans collectively billions of dollars in fees,” Biden said.

Roughly two weeks away from the midterm elections, Biden is using public events to show how his administration is trying to reduce costs for families. That push comes as high inflation -- averaging 8.2% over the past year -- has been a drag on the president’s approval rating and put Democrats at a disadvantage with voters.

Back in 2021 as the economy emerged from the pandemic, Biden tried to minimize the risks of lasting inflation. But continued pandemic shutdowns and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine have pushed up prices globally, a challenge that the U.S. is primarily trying to address by having the Federal Reserve raise interest rates.

Banks have long been criticized for the high fees they charge customers when their accounts go temporarily negative. Relenting after years of public pressure, banks have reined in their overdraft fee practices. Most notably, Bank of America reduced its overdraft fee from $35 to $10. Other banks have instituted changes to their policies so customers cannot overdraft their accounts, or are given repeated warnings that they need to bring their accounts current before a fee is charged.

The banking industry responded that it was taking steps to reduce fees on customers before the White House stepped in.

“These changes were made without regulatory or legislative intervention," said Lindsey Johnson, president and CEO of the Consumer Bankers Association, the trade and lobby group for the nation's biggest retail banks like Wells Fargo and Bank of America.

The CFPB is also targeting bounced check fees, which occur less frequently nowadays because Americans have largely moved away from writing paper checks and largely use peer-to-peer payment platforms like Zelle, Venmo, PayPal and CashApp. These fees are typically between $10 and $19, according to the bureau, and are charged to the customer depositing the check.

“Charging a fee to the depositor penalizes the person who could not anticipate the check would bounce, while doing nothing to deter the originator from writing bad checks,” the bureau said in a statement.

The bureau did not have an estimate of how much Americans pay in bad check fees, because banks do not publicly disclose those figures in regulatory filings.

Biden also highlighted a number of other fees the administration plans to go after, which include resort fees, processing fees for concert tickets, and various fees charged by airlines.

“We’re just getting started,” Biden said.

The White House's push is also a public display of support for the CFPB days after the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the way the bureau is funded is unconstitutional. The conservative-leaning court ruled that because the CFPB receives its funding from the Federal Reserve and not through Congressional appropriations, the way the bureau writes its rules and regulations is unconstitutional.

The court case, which could wind up in the Supreme Court, is the latest in a long list of conservative and Republican challenges to the bureau's structure. Within hours, Republicans attacked the bureau's announcement.

“It’s no surprise that an out-of-control and unaccountable agency — which the Fifth Circuit recently ruled is unconstitutional — has chosen to sidestep the congressionally mandated rulemaking process to change the rules of the road,” said Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pennsylvania and the top Republican on the Senate Banking Committee, in a statement.

__

Reporter Josh Boak in Washington contributed.

• Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,471
    Well there you have it! With 2 weeks to go Ole Joe is going to try and do something for the American people! That's rich! 

I would have rather he hadn't helped crash the economy by killing oil production therefore ending our energy independence and then draining our reserves. Not to mention ruining the economy by forcing lockdowns that didn't work other than to crush small business and set school kids back 100 years. But hey at least he then passed a gazzilion dollar stimulus package that helped raise inflation which is still on the rise.

Not to be outdone he opened the border which Trump had almost completely under control and is allowing every Tom Dick and Harry to waltz into the country and pilfer whatever is left of it. 

I guess he is saving money on law enforcement as many big (blue) cities can't find enough cops to man the streets so a dollar saved there. 

I guess I can also thank him for letting me help pay for all the college kids who voluntarily went to college but now don't  want to pay for it.

I would be remiss if I didn't thank him for letting me help fund Planned Parenthood and pay for everybody and their mothers abortions. I guess that's cheaper than making woman have their fatherless children and having to take care of them for the rest of their lives on welfare.

Keep up the good work Joe! Your almost there. Another 2 years and you ought to have us at the top of the 3rd world heap.  

• Options
    TJ25487 said:
    Well there you have it! With 2 weeks to go Ole Joe is going to try and do something for the American people! That's rich! 

I would have rather he hadn't helped crash the economy by killing oil production therefore ending our energy independence and then draining our reserves. Not to mention ruining the economy by forcing lockdowns that didn't work other than to crush small business and set school kids back 100 years. But hey at least he then passed a gazzilion dollar stimulus package that helped raise inflation which is still on the rise.

Not to be outdone he opened the border which Trump had almost completely under control and is allowing every Tom Dick and Harry to waltz into the country and pilfer whatever is left of it. 

I guess he is saving money on law enforcement as many big (blue) cities can't find enough cops to man the streets so a dollar saved there. 

I guess I can also thank him for letting me help pay for all the college kids who voluntarily went to college but now don't  want to pay for it.

I would be remiss if I didn't thank him for letting me help fund Planned Parenthood and pay for everybody and their mothers abortions. I guess that's cheaper than making woman have their fatherless children and having to take care of them for the rest of their lives on welfare.

Keep up the good work Joe! Your almost there. Another 2 years and you ought to have us at the top of the 3rd world heap.  

Now why would you go post something so blantanly honest like this…..Don’t you know this is a safe space for all things Rotten Brain…

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    TJ25487 said:

No president in my lifetime has had the border almost completely under control.
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:
    Well there you have it! .  

Now 

Hi @lindamarie73 and @TJ25487 ....do you guys have any idea what Trump was doing with all those top secret documents at Maralago?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    Omg lol

So making fun of someone with cognitive impairment due to a stroke is acceptable?

Not very Austin of you.

Glad that when I was down there a couple of weeks ago and spent hundreds of dollars at local restaurants that none of them was yours.

Namaste