Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,965
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I only watched about 20 minutes, but it included this question-answer described here.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/media/biden-appears-lose-cool-reporters-question-divisiveness-go-back-read-what-i-said.amp

That came off as attacking and belittling to be, and he was wrong and avoided the question.
    The reporter was referring to his previous comment of Do you want to be on the side of King or Wallace, of Lewis or Connor?
    His answer was basically you can’t read or understand English, despite being a reporter. When I don’t know how else you can take that comment.
    i will refer back to your criticisms of every trump press conference.

one question. nobody can stand up there and take questions for 2 hours on these nuanced issues and be perfect.

i wonder how many times he regaled the reporters with tales of his amazing. unprecedented electoral college victory, how he made a perfect phone call this week, and how good his polls are, and how high his press conference ratings are. at least he did not suggest that we shove a powerful light up one of our orifaces to kill covid.

i swear, nothing will ever be good enough for some people.
    What criticisms of every Trump conference? I think Trump’s press conferences were usually ridiculous too. But I’m not sure your point?  I criticized trumps conference so I can’t criticise Biden’s?

The question was fair. It was “you campaigned on unity. Do you think calling those who vote against your bills Jim Crow and Conor unity?” Fair question. He denied making those connections, which he did, and accused him of not being able to write (or read).

We we’re taking about the conference. I made 1 short comment where he didn’t answer the question, denied remarks he made and belittled a reporter and people get all offended. Is the bar really so low that we just have to be better than the most disliked president in our history? I didn’t add commentary about how bad Biden was, literally just reference the Q&A.  Yeah, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal in 2 hours. But it happened, they were talking about it so I pointed out that Q&A.

I can imagine the first president of West Germany, whoever that was, whenever he was questioned just being like “we’ll complain when I’ve killed 6 million Jews. Until then shut up.”

Instead of just comparing everything by to trump and avoiding the comment, why can’t anyone just say “Yeah, that was a bad answer. He should have clarified what he meant by those comments instead of insulting the reporter. Voter ID isn’t Jim Crpw so take a minute to clarify that. But he did well the rest of the time.” Why is that so hard?
    agreed. if people want to get back to pre-trump norms, we have to be comfortable with all of it, including minor criticisms of a president's answer and how it maybe perceived as disrespectful to the questioner. 
    How are we supposed to get back to pre Trump norms when Trump is not conceding the fact that he lost in 2020 and is likely going to run in 2024? 
    Yes he did concede. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaTUAceQZag

In what universe is that a concession? All that was, was a weak condemnation of violence (alongside the rationalization that 'emotions are high').
    That was a news report that didn't show the whole thing. Here is a better one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sq50RaHkS8
    And I quote, "Now Congress has certified the results and a new administration will be inaugurated on January 20th. My focus now turns to ensuring a smooth, orderly and seamless transition of power"

Conceding that he lost is not the same as conceding that the process is going to continue whether he likes it or not. 
    Yeah what the fuck ever.

um, he's been holding rallies ever since stating the election was stolen from him. and you believe he conceded? yikes. 
    Concession: In politics, a concession is the act of a losing candidate publicly yielding to a winning candidate after an election after the overall result of the vote has become clear.

fine. if you call that a concession, I call his months of rallies that came after that as an obvious un-concession. 
    pretty sure that he still said he won the other night in AZ...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I only watched about 20 minutes, but it included this question-answer described here.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/media/biden-appears-lose-cool-reporters-question-divisiveness-go-back-read-what-i-said.amp

That came off as attacking and belittling to be, and he was wrong and avoided the question.
    The reporter was referring to his previous comment of Do you want to be on the side of King or Wallace, of Lewis or Connor?
    His answer was basically you can’t read or understand English, despite being a reporter. When I don’t know how else you can take that comment.

one question. nobody can stand up there and take questions for 2 hours on these nuanced issues and be perfect.

i wonder how many times he regaled the reporters with tales of his amazing. unprecedented electoral college victory, how he made a perfect phone call this week, and how good his polls are, and how high his press conference ratings are. at least he did not suggest that we shove a powerful light up one of our orifaces to kill covid.

What criticisms of every Trump conference? I think Trump’s press conferences were usually ridiculous too. But I’m not sure your point?  I criticized trumps conference so I can’t criticise Biden’s?

The question was fair. It was “you campaigned on unity. Do you think calling those who vote against your bills Jim Crow and Conor unity?” Fair question. He denied making those connections, which he did, and accused him of not being able to write (or read).

We we’re taking about the conference. I made 1 short comment where he didn’t answer the question, denied remarks he made and belittled a reporter and people get all offended. Is the bar really so low that we just have to be better than the most disliked president in our history? I didn’t add commentary about how bad Biden was, literally just reference the Q&A.  Yeah, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal in 2 hours. But it happened, they were talking about it so I pointed out that Q&A.

I can imagine the first president of West Germany, whoever that was, whenever he was questioned just being like “we’ll complain when I’ve killed 6 million Jews. Until then shut up.”

Instead of just comparing everything by to trump and avoiding the comment, why can’t anyone just say “Yeah, that was a bad answer. He should have clarified what he meant by those comments instead of insulting the reporter. Voter ID isn’t Jim Crpw so take a minute to clarify that. But he did well the rest of the time.” Why is that so hard?
    agreed. if people want to get back to pre-trump norms, we have to be comfortable with all of it, including minor criticisms of a president's answer and how it maybe perceived as disrespectful to the questioner. 
    How are we supposed to get back to pre Trump norms when Trump is not conceding the fact that he lost in 2020 and is likely going to run in 2024? 

In what universe is that a concession? All that was, was a weak condemnation of violence (alongside the rationalization that 'emotions are high').
    That was a news report that didn't show the whole thing. Here is a better one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sq50RaHkS8
    And I quote, "Now Congress has certified the results and a new administration will be inaugurated on January 20th. My focus now turns to ensuring a smooth, orderly and seamless transition of power"

Conceding that he lost is not the same as conceding that the process is going to continue whether he likes it or not. 
    Yeah what the fuck ever.

um, he's been holding rallies ever since stating the election was stolen from him. and you believe he conceded? yikes. 
    Concession: In politics, a concession is the act of a losing candidate publicly yielding to a winning candidate after an election after the overall result of the vote has become clear.

fine. if you call that a concession, I call his months of rallies that came after that as an obvious un-concession. 
    I wonder what the letter that he allegedly left in the Resolute Desk as part of the long-standing tradition read and why President Biden didn't comment on it?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Yeah what the fuck ever.

I wonder what the letter that he allegedly left in the Resolute Desk as part of the long-standing tradition read and why President Biden didn't comment on it?
    I'm guessing Pee Pee Poo Poo
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Yeah what the fuck ever.

Many people have called that a concession so it isn't just me. Here's the difference between you and I. You are giving your opinion. I am giving you facts. You're welcome to your opinion but you are not welcome to change facts.

"many people have (said this thing I'm claiming they said, but I won't name names)". 

-DJT

look, it's not "fact" that he conceded. that's nonsense. he merely stated a fact, that congress certified the results. he has literally never said "I lost" or "biden won". he has said the opposite literally hundreds of times. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,275
    edited January 2022
    People who concede generally don't whine and cry to anyone who will listen that they actually won 15 months later

https://nypost.com/2022/01/16/ex-president-donald-trump-claims-2020-election-was-stolen-at-first-rally-in-arizona/

“I love Arizona. We had a tremendous victory in Arizona that was taken away and I just want to wish everybody a happy New Year. We’re going to have, I think, a great year,” Trump said shortly after taking the stage to loud cheers.

“Last year we had a rigged election and the proof is all over the place,” he continued. “We have a lot of proof and they know it’s proof.

Modern day republicans:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    People who concede generally don't whine and cry to anyone who will listen that they actually won 15 months later

https://nypost.com/2022/01/16/ex-president-donald-trump-claims-2020-election-was-stolen-at-first-rally-in-arizona/

“I love Arizona. We had a tremendous victory in Arizona that was taken away and I just want to wish everybody a happy New Year. We’re going to have, I think, a great year,” Trump said shortly after taking the stage to loud cheers.

“Last year we had a rigged election and the proof is all over the place,” he continued. “We have a lot of proof and they know it’s proof.

Modern day republicans:

we have a lot of proof and they know it's proof....I love how he stupidly repeats himself

• Options

Modern day republicans:

we have a lot of proof and they know it's proof....I love how he stupidly repeats himself
    That NPR interview last week really exposed him...as if we needed further proof he was lying. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Modern day republicans:

That NPR interview last week really exposed him...as if we needed further proof he was lying. lol
    If you read that interview exchange rather than listen to it, it becomes even more obvious that he doesn't know what he's talking about and that he makes no cogent sense. Its such a word salad but his BS'ing has gotten him this far. And to think that POOTWH's hand gestures and expressions are infecting everyday Americans, including some that are governors and running for higher office.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Modern day republicans:

If you read that interview exchange rather than listen to it, it becomes even more obvious that he doesn't know what he's talking about and that he makes no cogent sense. Its such a word salad but his BS'ing has gotten him this far. And to think that POOTWH's hand gestures and expressions are infecting everyday Americans, including some that are governors and running for higher office.
    I love that invisible accordian tRump plays when he talks

• Options

• Options
    GOLD, JERRY, GOLD! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2022

Modern day republicans:

And then he hung up with the questioning turned to his efforts to obstruct/delay the certification. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,106
    I thought I clicked the Joe Biden thread but here we are. After over a year, still every thread is a trump thread. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I thought I clicked the Joe Biden thread but here we are. After over a year, still every thread is a trump thread. 
    Do you really think that tRump won't be brought up in a Biden thread or vice/versa?

Are you the new topic SWAT team?

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Biden is president now, so he can conduct himself in pre-trump ways and everyone else around him can follow suit. we can worry about trump if he announces he's running when he announces. 

like others have said, if we critique biden on only trump's norms, he won't be held to the standards he should be held to. 
    trump was never once held to any kind of standard. he set the bar so high that the bar is sitting on the ground covered by about 5 cm of dirt and leaves.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

did he show up for biden to be sworn in, as is the norm?

or did he fly air force one directly to mar a lago to lick his wounds and wallow in his embarrassment like the emotionally stunted 9 year old that he is?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Biden is president now, so he can conduct himself in pre-trump ways and everyone else around him can follow suit. we can worry about trump if he announces he's running when he announces. 

like others have said, if we critique biden on only trump's norms, he won't be held to the standards he should be held to. 
    trump was never once held to any kind of standard. he set the bar so high that the bar is sitting on the ground covered by about 5 cm of dirt and leaves.
    I disagree. that's why he constantly whined and cried about people unjustly hating on him. that's why he refused to be interviewed by anyone credible. being held to a standard doesn't require that person to change to fit that standard, it only requires us to set the standard we expect, and conduct ourselves toward him accordingly. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,185
    mace1229 said:

Its the disingenuous nonsense I have been harping on for a year now. They take one thing he does and blow it up, despite brushing off the fact the previous guy did it tenfold during his term. 
    Imagine those of us who recognized the ineptitude of the previous guy without feeling compelled to voice our displeasure every hour, and have been subjected to those who do…for the past 5 years. Too bad this press conference didn’t include a ramp, water bottle, hand size controversy, or unflattering attire to focus on instead. Sorry it has been such a difficult year.
  • Options
    Imagine if 14,015,993 repub primary voters and the repub establishment didn't role over in desperation to defeat Hillary Clinton. Maybe the roles would be reversed?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Do you really think that tRump won't be brought up in a Biden thread or vice/versa?

Are you the new topic SWAT team?
    Ummm am I not allowed to comment on what I see here? 

Trump does have his own thread…has for a while.  Not reporting anything so relax but I can comment on it.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,768

Biden issues new warning to Russia over invading Ukraine
    By MATTHEW LEE, AAMER MADHANI and FRANK JORDANS
    23 mins ago

GENEVA (AP) — U.S. President Joe Biden said Thursday that any Russian troop movements across Ukraine’s border would constitute an invasion and that Moscow would “pay a heavy price” for such an action.

It was the latest White House effort to clear up comments Biden made a day earlier when he suggested that a “minor incursion” by Russia into Ukrainian territory could result in a more measured response by the United States and allies.

Facing an avalanche of criticism from Republican lawmakers and Ukrainian officials that Biden’s comments had invited limited military action by Russian President Vladimir Putin, Biden sought to clarify his remarks at the start of a meeting at the White House focused on domestic policy.

“I’ve been absolutely clear with President Putin,” Biden said. “He has no misunderstanding: Any, any assembled Russian units move across the Ukrainian border, that is an invasion,” said Biden, adding that an invasion would be met with a “severe and coordinated economic response.”

continues.. 

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Good. He needed a new warning cause his other comments on it were fucking stupid for a president.  But I give people some passes when they speak on camera so much they will eventually do something stupid 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,768
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    ^
    This is why the source matters. AP is always on the point, calling things right down the middle as usual. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ugh Biden sucks so bad…and still infinitely better than his alternative. These are sad times 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    does anyone know if trump is still getting daily presidential intelligence briefings? if he is, you know he is going to fucking say something to putin relating to any potential retaliation by the US because he just absolutely cannot help himself. 

• Options
    does anyone know if trump is still getting daily presidential intelligence briefings? if he is, you know he is going to fucking say something to putin relating to any potential retaliation by the US because he just absolutely cannot help himself. 
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/05/us/politics/biden-trump-intelligence-briefings.html

This article mentions Biden so it’s ok in a Biden thread 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/05/us/politics/biden-trump-intelligence-briefings.html

This article mentions Biden so it’s ok in a Biden thread 
    probably the smartest thing biden has done to this point.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    mickeyrat said:
    The Fox, Newsmax and NY Post questions were so stupid.  C'mon.. were those for real?