#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    I had a guy in my office this morning telling me how much his retirement account has dropped in the past year because of the "new administration."

Look at the DJ average over the past year.  Fucking ridiculous thing to say
    Was he in nothing but crypto?
    No he's about 70 so it is fairly safe stuff.  It just amazes me that people will say stupid shit like that.  No way his fucking account dropped $60K over the course of a year when the market has gone up 10%
    Unless he invested in POOTWH’s social media platform or Save America, thinking it was a stock fund?
    Haha.  I wouldn't be surprised if they created a fake ticker symbol so it looked like a stock. 

INVEST IN SAVAM TODAY!
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Oh, okay. So it's, like, day 3 of this disingenuous argument, eh? 

Good grief. 

Mace...buddy....it is likely not going back down, at least significantly, before the midterms. There's not much a president can do about it. That's the fucking point. It was a stupid gotcha question that everyone knows the answer to, shouted at him as the reporter was walking out of the room. 

My favorite post. Complain about day 3, then continue to argue.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    He's nothing but trailer trash. Never anything more.  I've despised him since the day he hit the scene, completely sans talent. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    mrussel1 said:
    He's nothing but trailer trash. Never anything more.  I've despised him since the day he hit the scene, completely sans talent. 
    Trailer trash that grew up in a huge mansion.

I'm not even convinced he's talented but he's at best written empty lyrics and at worst complete garbage. Never like him.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    edited January 2022
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm not even convinced he's talented but he's at best written empty lyrics and at worst complete garbage. Never like him.
    Really?  I didn't know he was from money.  Well he acts like Whiskey Tango, that's for sure. 

BTW, sans is French for 'without'.. Just wanted to be sure you didn't think I thought he had talent.  That would be very embarrassing for me. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mace1229 said:
    Oh, okay. So it's, like, day 3 of this disingenuous argument, eh? 

Good grief. 

Mace...buddy....it is likely not going back down, at least significantly, before the midterms. There's not much a president can do about it. That's the fucking point. It was a stupid gotcha question that everyone knows the answer to, shouted at him as the reporter was walking out of the room. 

My favorite post. Complain about day 3, then continue to argue.
    What is to argue? He was shouted a dumb, rhetorical, yes/no question as the reporter was leaving the room. He basically answered it in sarcastic fashion. Case closed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Really?  I didn't know he was from money.  Well he acts like Whiskey Tango, that's for sure. 

BTW, sans is French for 'without'.. Just wanted to be sure you didn't think I thought he had talent.  That would be very embarrassing for me. 
    Kid Rock is actually an extremely talented musician. You may not like his music but that does not mean he doesn't have talent.

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    edited January 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

LOL. I did know about "sans" and what you meant and then I meant to say "I'm not even convinced he's NOT talented." I feel like I long ago read that he plays a lot of instruments and is very musically talented...to which my reaction was "then why does he waste it on such gutter crap?"
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

LOL. I did know about "sans" and what you meant and then I meant to say "I'm not even convinced he's NOT talented." I feel like I long ago read that he plays a lot of instruments and is very musically talented...to which my reaction was "then why does he waste it on such gutter crap?"
    Different strokes for different folks.....
    JB16057 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Playing an instrument is not impressive to me.  Writing (good) music is. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Really? I play two instruments and anyone who can play an instrument impresses me. Song writing is definitely next level though. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Really? I play two instruments and anyone who can play an instrument impresses me. Song writing is definitely next level though. 
    In the context of the word "talent". Do you have to be talented to play an instrument? No I don't think so.  I think you have to be committed and work hard.  Now if you're Janos Starker and can play Bach's Unaccompanied Cello Suites perfectly,  then yeah that's talent.  If you're a virtuoso, then yes.  But being a basic instrumentalist is not necessarily talented to me,  it's hard working.  I'm sure people will beat me up for this. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

In the context of the word "talent". Do you have to be talented to play an instrument? No I don't think so.  I think you have to be committed and work hard.  Now if you're Janos Starker and can play Bach's Unaccompanied Cello Suites perfectly,  then yeah that's talent.  If you're a virtuoso, then yes.  But being a basic instrumentalist is not necessarily talented to me,  it's hard working.  I'm sure people will beat me up for this. 
    I disagree but as always, I appreciate your detailed explanation. 
    The members of Creed and Nickelback play instruments
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2022
    It takes substantial talent to put out such shit music.  Pretty impressive really!
    PJPOWER said:
    It takes substantial talent to put out such shit music.  Pretty impressive really!
    hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Kid Rock is actually an extremely talented musician. You may not like his music but that does not mean he doesn't have talent.

kid rock is the official soundtrack of copper theft and catalytic converter theft.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    edited January 2022
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

kid rock is the official soundtrack of copper theft and catalytic converter theft.
    Kid Rock's net worth is $150 so he must be doing something right.

Edit: Hahahaha. I meant to say, net worth is $150 MILLION.
    edited January 2022
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Lots of trashy people are rich.  You can start with his ex - wife.  It's a real mystery as to who gave who the hep. 
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

interesting. his fans get about $150 for each converter.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    edited January 2022
    Net worth? haha. 

Should we run down the list of all the super wealthy shitty musicians/celebrities out there? 

Also funny how republicans act like they hate celebrities.....until one of them comes out in support of the former president. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Net worth? haha. 

Should we run down the list of all the super wealthy shitty musicians/celebrities out there? 

Also funny how republicans act like they hate celebrities.....until one of them comes out in support of the former president. 

Why is his net worth funny to you? How is he a shitty musician?

I brought up his net worth because some here said he had no talent. My point was that he must be doing something right seeing his net worth is $150 million. Sure, there are plenty of shitty celebs out there but Kid Rock is actually a good person and talented.

As for your last line, what does that even mean? I like plenty of celebrities that I don't politically agree with. Do you always generalize those you don't agree with to make you feel better about yourself?
    JB16057 said:
    Net worth? haha. 

I brought up his net worth because some here said he had no talent. My point was that he must be doing something right seeing his net worth is $150 million. Sure, there are plenty of shitty celebs out there but Kid Rock is actually a good person and talented.

As for your last line, what does that even mean? I like plenty of celebrities that I don't politically agree with. Do you always generalize those you don't agree with to make you feel better about yourself?
    Cmon.. net worth is not indicative of talent.  I mean Finger Bang is the best boy band ever and they never could cash in.  

Hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Net worth? haha. 

Cmon.. net worth is not indicative of talent.  I mean Finger Bang is the best boy band ever and they never could cash in.  

If I remember correctly, they got that pretty sweet gig in the local mall so they should be set.
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Net worth? haha. 

If I remember correctly, they got that pretty sweet gig in the local mall so they should be set.
    No it didn't work out.  One of the older members ended up setting up a weed farm. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426

At least 3 judges eyed as Biden mulls Supreme Court pick
    By COLLEEN LONG, ZEKE MILLER, MICHAEL BALSAMO and JESSICA GRESKO
    47 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden is eyeing at least three judges for an expected vacancy on the Supreme Court as he prepares to quickly deliver on his campaign pledge to nominate the first Black woman to the nation’s highest court, according to aides and allies.

With Justice Stephen Breyer planning to retire, early discussions about a successor are focusing on U.S. Circuit Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, U.S. District Judge J. Michelle Childs and California Supreme Court Justice Leondra Kruger, according to four people familiar with the matter who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss White House deliberations. Jackson and Kruger have long been seen as possible nominees.

Since Biden took office in January 2021, he has focused on nominating a diverse group of judges to the federal bench, installing five Black women on federal appeals courts, with three more nominations pending before the Senate. Other possible candidates for the high court could come from among that group, Biden aides and allies said, especially since almost all of the recent Supreme Court nominees have been federal appeals judges.

“He has a strong pool to select a candidate from, in addition to other sources. This is an historic opportunity to appoint someone with a strong record on civil and human rights,” said Derrick Johnson, the NAACP's president.

continues....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Net worth? haha. 

No it didn't work out.  One of the older members ended up setting up a weed farm. 
    Least he did it with 'tegrity.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Net worth? haha. 

Least he did it with 'tegrity.

AND his net worth is pretty high...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14