JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I only watched about 20 minutes, but it included this question-answer described here.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/media/biden-appears-lose-cool-reporters-question-divisiveness-go-back-read-what-i-said.amp

That came off as attacking and belittling to be, and he was wrong and avoided the question.
    The reporter was referring to his previous comment of Do you want to be on the side of King or Wallace, of Lewis or Connor?
    His answer was basically you can’t read or understand English, despite being a reporter. When I don’t know how else you can take that comment.
    i will refer back to your criticisms of every trump press conference.

one question. nobody can stand up there and take questions for 2 hours on these nuanced issues and be perfect.

i wonder how many times he regaled the reporters with tales of his amazing. unprecedented electoral college victory, how he made a perfect phone call this week, and how good his polls are, and how high his press conference ratings are. at least he did not suggest that we shove a powerful light up one of our orifaces to kill covid.

i swear, nothing will ever be good enough for some people.
    What criticisms of every Trump conference? I think Trump’s press conferences were usually ridiculous too. But I’m not sure your point?  I criticized trumps conference so I can’t criticise Biden’s?

The question was fair. It was “you campaigned on unity. Do you think calling those who vote against your bills Jim Crow and Conor unity?” Fair question. He denied making those connections, which he did, and accused him of not being able to write (or read).

We we’re taking about the conference. I made 1 short comment where he didn’t answer the question, denied remarks he made and belittled a reporter and people get all offended. Is the bar really so low that we just have to be better than the most disliked president in our history? I didn’t add commentary about how bad Biden was, literally just reference the Q&A.  Yeah, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal in 2 hours. But it happened, they were talking about it so I pointed out that Q&A.

I can imagine the first president of West Germany, whoever that was, whenever he was questioned just being like “we’ll complain when I’ve killed 6 million Jews. Until then shut up.”

Instead of just comparing everything by to trump and avoiding the comment, why can’t anyone just say “Yeah, that was a bad answer. He should have clarified what he meant by those comments instead of insulting the reporter. Voter ID isn’t Jim Crpw so take a minute to clarify that. But he did well the rest of the time.” Why is that so hard?
    agreed. if people want to get back to pre-trump norms, we have to be comfortable with all of it, including minor criticisms of a president's answer and how it maybe perceived as disrespectful to the questioner. 
    How are we supposed to get back to pre Trump norms when Trump is not conceding the fact that he lost in 2020 and is likely going to run in 2024? 
    Yes he did concede. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaTUAceQZag

In what universe is that a concession? All that was, was a weak condemnation of violence (alongside the rationalization that 'emotions are high').
    That was a news report that didn't show the whole thing. Here is a better one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sq50RaHkS8
    And I quote, "Now Congress has certified the results and a new administration will be inaugurated on January 20th. My focus now turns to ensuring a smooth, orderly and seamless transition of power"

Conceding that he lost is not the same as conceding that the process is going to continue whether he likes it or not. 
    Yeah what the fuck ever.

um, he's been holding rallies ever since stating the election was stolen from him. and you believe he conceded? yikes. 
    Concession: In politics, a concession is the act of a losing candidate publicly yielding to a winning candidate after an election after the overall result of the vote has become clear.

fine. if you call that a concession, I call his months of rallies that came after that as an obvious un-concession. 
    Many people have called that a concession so it isn't just me. Here's the difference between you and I. You are giving your opinion. I am giving you facts. You're welcome to your opinion but you are not welcome to change facts.

That’s Trump word play. The only concession here is that he’s conceding that his plan to not have the votes certified didn’t work. 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    People who concede generally don't whine and cry to anyone who will listen that they actually won 15 months later

https://nypost.com/2022/01/16/ex-president-donald-trump-claims-2020-election-was-stolen-at-first-rally-in-arizona/

“I love Arizona. We had a tremendous victory in Arizona that was taken away and I just want to wish everybody a happy New Year. We’re going to have, I think, a great year,” Trump said shortly after taking the stage to loud cheers.

“Last year we had a rigged election and the proof is all over the place,” he continued. “We have a lot of proof and they know it’s proof.

Modern day republicans:

we have a lot of proof and they know it's proof....I love how he stupidly repeats himself
    That NPR interview last week really exposed him...as if we needed further proof he was lying. lol
    If you read that interview exchange rather than listen to it, it becomes even more obvious that he doesn't know what he's talking about and that he makes no cogent sense. Its such a word salad but his BS'ing has gotten him this far. And to think that POOTWH's hand gestures and expressions are infecting everyday Americans, including some that are governors and running for higher office.
    The transcripts are always worse because it eliminates his little habituated tricks he uses to hide his deficiencies. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    The Fox, Newsmax and NY Post questions were so stupid.  C'mon.. were those for real?

and they will be celebrated for it
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

'Minor incursion' by Russia could complicate West's response
    By ROBERT BURNS, ELLEN KNICKMEYER and ANGELA CHARLTON
    2 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Short of an all-out invasion, Russian President Vladimir Putin could take less dramatic action in Ukraine that would vastly complicate a U.S. and allied response. He might carry out what President Joe Biden called a “minor incursion” — perhaps a cyberattack — leaving the U.S. and Europe divided on the type and severity of economic sanctions to impose on Moscow and ways to increase support for Kyiv.

Biden drew widespread criticism for saying Wednesday that retaliating for Russian aggression in Ukraine would depend on the details. “It’s one thing if it’s a minor incursion and then we end up having a fight about what to do and not do,” he said.

Biden and top administration officials worked Thursday to clean up his comments. Biden stressed that if “any assembled Russian units move across the Ukrainian border, that is an invasion” and it would be met with a “severe and coordinated economic response.”

But even if the “minor incursion” remark was seen as a gaffe, it touched on a potentially problematic issue: While the U.S. and allies agree on a strong response to a Russian invasion, it’s not clear how they would respond to Russian aggression that falls short of that, like a cyberattack or boosted support for pro-Russian separatists fighting in eastern Ukraine.

continues....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I thought I clicked the Joe Biden thread but here we are. After over a year, still every thread is a trump thread. 
    Trump names comes up in the cans politics….lol. He’s loved by Americans…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I thought I clicked the Joe Biden thread but here we are. After over a year, still every thread is a trump thread. 
    Do you really think that tRump won't be brought up in a Biden thread or vice/versa?

Are you the new topic SWAT team?
    Ummm am I not allowed to comment on what I see here? 

Trump does have his own thread…has for a while.  Not reporting anything so relax but I can comment on it.
    well so can I mister smartypants!
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    does anyone know if trump is still getting daily presidential intelligence briefings? if he is, you know he is going to fucking say something to putin relating to any potential retaliation by the US because he just absolutely cannot help himself. 
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/05/us/politics/biden-trump-intelligence-briefings.html

This article mentions Biden so it’s ok in a Biden thread 
    lol

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited January 2022

“i’ll see your invasion, and match”
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Did anyone just watch his speech?  Who did he just call a “stupid son of a bitch” on hot mic?  Lol
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    PJPOWER said:
    Did anyone just watch his speech?  Who did he just call a “stupid son of a bitch” on hot mic?  Lol
    No but that's awesome.  This will be fun
    edited January 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    It was kinda funny.  I went back and listened a few times and some reporter asked him if he thought inflation was a liability to his campaign.  Biden didn’t answer, but his mic picked up on him saying (sarcastically I’m guessing) “that’s a great asset, inflation…what a stupid son of a bitch”.  He then had a look like a deer in the headlights (guessing someone told him his mic is hot) and the feed ended, haha
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    PJPOWER said:
    Ha! I just googled it.
    Joe Biden called Fox News reporter Peter Doocy a “stupid son of a bitch” after he asked him a question about inflation at the White House.
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Ha! I just googled it.
    Joe Biden called Fox News reporter Peter Doocy a “stupid son of a bitch” after he asked him a question about inflation at the White House.
    Oh okay, I couldn’t find anything on it, but I probably googled too soon afterwards :)
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    It was kinda funny.  I went back and listened a few times and some reporter asked him if he thought inflation was a liability to his campaign.  Biden didn’t answer, but his mic picked up on him saying (sarcastically I’m guessing) “that’s a great asset, inflation…what a stupid son of a bitch”.  He then had a look like a deer in the headlights (guessing someone told him his mic is hot) and the feed ended, haha
    That's funny. It is a dumb question.  Although I'm sure everyone asks dumb questions.  

Doocey asked some other leading questions recently,  maybe about Hunter? So that probably has him on Joe's shit list.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i am honestly surprised biden waited this long before calling him that. normally psaki gets to slap him down in her press briefings.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Biden calls Doocey's cell and apologizes.  It was still a silly question. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/591158-fox-news-reporter-says-biden-called-him-after-son-of-a-b
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    That's classic Joe Biden tonight. We need more of that guy.

Comedic timing was spot on too. Pitch perfect. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    My FB feed is full of tRumpsters outraged that Biden supporters aren't pissed because we criticized tRump so much for this.

The big difference being Biden apologized.

My FB feed is full of tRumpsters outraged that Biden supporters aren't pissed because we criticized tRump so much for this.

The other thing is Biden didn't intend to embarrass him.  It was hot mic. Trump tries to ridicule people publicly and the McCain clip way pretty harsh. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638

Very true. The apology changes everything. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Trump didn’t do this. He did worse, and still didnt apologize.
    mrussel1 said:

The other thing is Biden didn't intend to embarrass him.  It was hot mic. Trump tries to ridicule people publicly and the McCain clip way pretty harsh. 
    And then tweet about it after...."The very stupid Peter Doocey, etc"

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814

Excuse me, but why are we talking about Trump in a Biden thread? Can't we let him go?

I'm kidding. It's absolutely appropriate when the entire right is melting down in the most hypocritical display of whining I've seen since Aaron Rodgers complained on the Pat McAfee Show about being cancelled. Sorry but brining up Trump is absolutely appropriate; not to excuse Joe but to point out the unbelievable hypocrisy of losing it for one hot-mic gaffe vs. excusing countless personal attacks and general "enemy of the people" whining. The mental gymnastics must be exhausting.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mrussel1 said:

And even with it just being a hot mic, you could tell it wasn't mean spirited. He's had a friendly, yet adversarial, relationship with this Doocey character since he launched his campaign. 

As an appreciator of sarcasm, your Juggler absolutely loved it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    No bueno, joe.  Don’t wanna lose those independents and suburbanites too, man.  Looking forward to seeing him hot mike when asked about this one. Joe Biden’s presidency currently resides somewhere between being in full-scale collapse and essentially being over. Remember- when everything’s going to shit domestically, go to war overseas.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/591120-biden-democrats-losing-ground-with-independent-and-suburban-voters
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    That's funny. It is a dumb question.  Although I'm sure everyone asks dumb questions.  

Doocey asked some other leading questions recently,  maybe about Hunter? So that probably has him on Joe's shit list.
    I don’t think it’s a dumb question because of the previous comments he and Psaki have made. Haven’t they been saying it’s not that bad, the right is just exaggerating it, it’s temporary, and small inflation is actually good, etc? So all he did was ask do you think it’s going to be an issue come mid terms? Simple question. And I think a valid one. Biden’s response kind of says he thinks it’s a bigger deal than they’ve been making it I to be.
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

I don’t think it’s a dumb question because of the previous comments he and Psaki have made. Haven’t they been saying it’s not that bad, the right is just exaggerating it, it’s temporary, and small inflation is actually good, etc? So all he did was ask do you think it’s going to be an issue come mid terms? Simple question. And I think a valid one. Biden’s response kind of says he thinks it’s a bigger deal than they’ve been making it I to be.
    I don't think it's a bigger deal than they thought....it was a stupid question. Of course inflation is a political liability....