Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,625
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Did anyone just watch his speech?  Who did he just call a “stupid son of a bitch” on hot mic?  Lol
    No but that's awesome.  This will be fun
    It was kinda funny.  I went back and listened a few times and some reporter asked him if he thought inflation was a liability to his campaign.  Biden didn’t answer, but his mic picked up on him saying (sarcastically I’m guessing) “that’s a great asset, inflation…what a stupid son of a bitch”.  He then had a look like a deer in the headlights (guessing someone told him his mic is hot) and the feed ended, haha
    That's funny. It is a dumb question.  Although I'm sure everyone asks dumb questions.  

Doocey asked some other leading questions recently,  maybe about Hunter? So that probably has him on Joe's shit list.
    I don’t think it’s a dumb question because of the previous comments he and Psaki have made. Haven’t they been saying it’s not that bad, the right is just exaggerating it, it’s temporary, and small inflation is actually good, etc? So all he did was ask do you think it’s going to be an issue come mid terms? Simple question. And I think a valid one. Biden’s response kind of says he thinks it’s a bigger deal than they’ve been making it I to be.
    I don't think it's a bigger deal than they thought....it was a stupid question. Of course inflation is a political liability....
    Right that was his point.  Now if he asked how much of a liability it will be, that may be a more reasonable question, particularly if it wasn't during a presser about Ukraine.  

Which, to be politically cynical, is a good chance for Biden to get back some mojo.  His slide started with Afghanistan.  Getting a clear cut victory in this crisis would help him immensely.  
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    edited January 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Did anyone just watch his speech?  Who did he just call a “stupid son of a bitch” on hot mic?  Lol
    No but that's awesome.  This will be fun
    It was kinda funny.  I went back and listened a few times and some reporter asked him if he thought inflation was a liability to his campaign.  Biden didn’t answer, but his mic picked up on him saying (sarcastically I’m guessing) “that’s a great asset, inflation…what a stupid son of a bitch”.  He then had a look like a deer in the headlights (guessing someone told him his mic is hot) and the feed ended, haha
    That's funny. It is a dumb question.  Although I'm sure everyone asks dumb questions.  

Doocey asked some other leading questions recently,  maybe about Hunter? So that probably has him on Joe's shit list.
    I don’t think it’s a dumb question because of the previous comments he and Psaki have made. Haven’t they been saying it’s not that bad, the right is just exaggerating it, it’s temporary, and small inflation is actually good, etc? So all he did was ask do you think it’s going to be an issue come mid terms? Simple question. And I think a valid one. Biden’s response kind of says he thinks it’s a bigger deal than they’ve been making it I to be.
    I don't think it's a bigger deal than they thought....it was a stupid question. Of course inflation is a political liability....
    Right that was his point.  Now if he asked how much of a liability it will be, that may be a more reasonable question, particularly if it wasn't during a presser about Ukraine.  

Which, to be politically cynical, is a good chance for Biden to get back some mojo.  His slide started with Afghanistan.  Getting a clear cut victory in this crisis would help him immensely.  
    But Biden’s been downplaying it. That’s why it was a valid question. You’re both right, of course it’s a liability. But when you downplay it and say it’s all normal, or just short term, that makes the obvious a valid question.
    I would have liked to hear him address it, say what his plan is to control it instead of ignoring the topic every time.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    edited January 2022
    Lol How do you address a dumb rhetorical question everyone knows the answer to? It was a yes/no shouted question as the guy was leaving the room. 

The sarcastic response was an answer, nonetheless. A good one, at that. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lol How do you address a dumb rhetorical question everyone knows the answer to? It was a yes/no shouted question as the guy was leaving the room. 

The purpose of the question was to get him to admit it’s a problem. Because so far he hasn’t. Until he thought his mic was off.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,675
    If a former president can get away with talking about "grabbing pussy", I don't see how anyone could be upset about Biden saying "stupid son of a bitch" in response to a stupid question.  In fact, I applaud our president for calling bullshit on stupidity. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mace1229 said:

The purpose of the question was to get him to admit it’s a problem. Because so far he hasn’t. Until he thought his mic was off.
    "Sir! Is inflation a political liability!" - he shouted, as he walked out the door. I wish Biden would've answered with "Duh."

LOL

Come on man. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    If a former president can get away with talking about "grabbing pussy", I don't see how anyone could be upset about Biden saying "stupid son of a bitch" in response to a stupid question.  In fact, I applaud our president for calling bullshit on stupidity. 
    Yeah. The same people who participate in "Fuck Joe Biden" chants, and wear hats and shirts adorned with the same phrase are the one's most bothered by this nonsense. 

AMERICA!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    mace1229 said:

"Sir! Is inflation a political liability!" - he shouted, as he walked out the door. I wish Biden would've answered with "Duh."

LOL

Come on man. 
    if i were biden i would have told him to ask his dad.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    i was driving highway 57 in southern illinois today and i passed a big rig flying 2 huge "let's go brandon" flags, one on either side of the truck. i passed him on the left and the flag was blowing into my lane. i do not think i have ever seen big rigs hauling a load down the highway flying any flags before.

it was a shame it was such a stupid looking flag.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Right but why? It's to write an inflammatory headline,  just like his question... "why are you pulling the country so far to the left?" that he asked recently.  So why answer that question when it's self evident.
  • Options
    i was driving highway 57 in southern illinois today and i passed a big rig flying 2 huge "let's go brandon" flags, one on either side of the truck. i passed him on the left and the flag was blowing into my lane. i do not think i have ever seen big rigs hauling a load down the highway flying any flags before.

it was a shame it was such a stupid looking flag.
    Betcha that dude is PISSED at Biden's language yesterday...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    mace1229 said:

LOL

Come on man. 
    You said it’s not a valid question. I said it was, because it’s a real issue he refuses to acknowledge or answer. I wasn’t commenting on it being shouted at the end. But yeah, I would rather see him address the topic than pretend it doesn’t exist. So therefore it’s a valid question. Maybe that moment wasn’t the right moment to address it, doesn’t mean the question isn’t valid.
    If your logic is that the answer is obvious, so don’t ask the question. Then say trump runs in 2024, claims Covid was overblown by the left for the election. Should reporter's not question him? Would those be invalid questions since the answer is obvious? And just let him keep ignoring the topic? I wouldn’t think so.
    The purpose of the question was to get him to acknowledge the big inflation is real, because he hasn’t.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,686
    it has been noted and commented on by the admin at previous pressers by psaki
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    only a fucking dummy does not see inflation as a problem…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

LOL

Come on man. 
    You said it’s not a valid question. I said it was, because it’s a real issue he refuses to acknowledge or answer. I wasn’t commenting on it being shouted at the end. But yeah, I would rather see him address the topic than pretend it doesn’t exist. So therefore it’s a valid question. Maybe that moment wasn’t the right moment to address it, doesn’t mean the question isn’t valid.
    If your logic is that the answer is obvious, so don’t ask the question. Then say trump runs in 2024, claims Covid was overblown by the left for the election. Should reporter's not question him? Would those be invalid questions since the answer is obvious? And just let him keep ignoring the topic? I wouldn’t think so.
    The purpose of the question was to get him to acknowledge the big inflation is real, because he hasn’t.
    what is your evidence of that statement? Ridiculous. Refuses to acknowledge? 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

LOL

Come on man. 
    Depends on your news sources?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Biden enlists mayors as allies on infrastructure and economy
    By JOSH BOAK and MATTHEW DALY
    21 Jan 2022

WASHINGTON (AP) — Facing a bleak national picture, President Joe Biden on Friday embraced the old adage about politics being local — highlighting his plans from the $1 trillion infrastructure deal for the United States Conference of Mayors.

He credited the work of 360 mayors in helping to push the bipartisan deal into law in November. The president said he's trying to operate as a mayor would with the construction plans and the continued implementation of his $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package, which provided $350 billion to state and local budgets. He then enlisted the mayors to get his stalled tax and economic plans through the Senate.

“This isn’t partisan, it’s practical,” Biden told the gathered mayors. “You understand the cost if we fail to act. We need the voice of mayors telling the stories of what your community needs and the impact we’re making on people’s lives."

The president's popularity has suffered as inflation has climbed and the coronavirus continues to spread across the country. Biden's efforts to jumpstart hiring and vaccinate the majority of the country have yet to generate much goodwill, prompting him to announce at a Wednesday news conference that he plans to travel outside Washington and take his case directly to voters. By working with mayors, the president is betting he can put more pressure on Congress to act.

continues....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    No one is pretending like inflation doesn't exist.  It's empirical.  I think the admin (and most normal Americans) hope that it's transitory inflation, similar to the inflation at the end of the War where factories had to re-tool for disarmament.  There was high inflation right after the war when a surge of demand and euphoria hit.  The worst case is obviously stagflation like the 70's.  

So if you're Biden, you don't talk about it at every presser, and certainly not one that is about Ukraine.  You don't invite questions about it because it isn't a good story.  
  • Options

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

LOL

Come on man. 
    He’s been claiming it’s temporary. Then tried to play it down. I remember Psaki saying the average turkey was only $1 more, this is just another manufactured crisis, during the week of Thanksgiving. That’s been the attitude I’ve seen.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

LOL

Come on man. 
    He’s been claiming it’s temporary. Then tried to play it down. I remember Psaki saying the average turkey was only $1 more, this is just another manufactured crisis, during the week of Thanksgiving. That’s been the attitude I’ve seen.
    It may still be transitory.  The Fed expected it to be transitory.  The admin expects it to be as well.  Are you saying that it is not, that it's long term for sure and that Biden is just being stubborn here?  I don't see why he would come off that messaging until it was 2023.  

One should expect some combination of quantitative tightening and rate increase very soon (maybe today's meeting) to reign in inflation.  But the good news is that half of the inflation rate (over 3%) is related to automobile and energy prices.  The market for used cars is expected to bottom out in the next few months as new inventory finally arrives.  This will help inflation greatly if it happens. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

LOL

Come on man. 
    well of course it's temporary...when have periods of inflation not been temporary?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

LOL

Come on man. 
    It may still be transitory.  The Fed expected it to be transitory.  The admin expects it to be as well.  Are you saying that it is not, that it's long term for sure and that Biden is just being stubborn here?  I don't see why he would come off that messaging until it was 2023.  

One should expect some combination of quantitative tightening and rate increase very soon (maybe today's meeting) to reign in inflation.  But the good news is that half of the inflation rate (over 3%) is related to automobile and energy prices.  The market for used cars is expected to bottom out in the next few months as new inventory finally arrives.  This will help inflation greatly if it happens. 
    No, I’m not saying it isn’t temporary. I’m just saying it was a valid question. If it’s so temporary, why is it such a liability at the next election, People saying of course it’s a liability and the answer is so obvious it’s a dumb question, are they saying the supply chain won’t be fixed in a year? The work force contributing to shortages won’t improve in a year? The surge in demand won’t slow down?  Lots of reasons to think it may not be an issue in a year, but many seem divided here on what many say is such an obvious answer.
    Im not saying Biden should have reopened the conference to answer the question. But the question itself wasn’t a bad one. Instead of calling him a stupid SOB because of course it s going to be a problem (and I don’t care that he did, I think it’s funny) he could have easily said it’s going back down before then.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Oh, okay. So it's, like, day 3 of this disingenuous argument, eh? 

Good grief. 

Mace...buddy....it is likely not going back down, at least significantly, before the midterms. There's not much a president can do about it. That's the fucking point. It was a stupid gotcha question that everyone knows the answer to, shouted at him as the reporter was walking out of the room. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

LOL

Come on man. 

No, I’m not saying it isn’t temporary. I’m just saying it was a valid question. If it’s so temporary, why is it such a liability at the next election, People saying of course it’s a liability and the answer is so obvious it’s a dumb question, are they saying the supply chain won’t be fixed in a year? The work force contributing to shortages won’t improve in a year? The surge in demand won’t slow down?  Lots of reasons to think it may not be an issue in a year, but many seem divided here on what many say is such an obvious answer.
    Im not saying Biden should have reopened the conference to answer the question. But the question itself wasn’t a bad one. Instead of calling him a stupid SOB because of course it s going to be a problem (and I don’t care that he did, I think it’s funny) he could have easily said it’s going back down before then.
    too early to talk about what it will be or projected to be imo.

fed making moves, should help.

covid varients are the unknown variable that can throw a huge wrench in things. coupled with those choosing to not do any mitigation (masking, vaxxing, etc)

uncharted territory frankly

• Options
    I had a guy in my office this morning telling me how much his retirement account has dropped in the past year because of the "new administration."

Look at the DJ average over the past year.  Fucking ridiculous thing to say

• Options
    I had a guy in my office this morning telling me how much his retirement account has dropped in the past year because of the "new administration."

Was he in nothing but crypto?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Disingenuous bullshit. All of them. It's uncanny. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

No he's about 70 so it is fairly safe stuff.  It just amazes me that people will say stupid shit like that.  No way his fucking account dropped $60K over the course of a year when the market has gone up 10%

• Options

No he's about 70 so it is fairly safe stuff.  It just amazes me that people will say stupid shit like that.  No way his fucking account dropped $60K over the course of a year when the market has gone up 10%
    Unless he invested in POOTWH’s social media platform or Save America, thinking it was a stock fund?

Brilliantati©