Options

Pearl Jam Headline Two Nights at BST Hyde Park

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,853
    Hyde Park Sept 10-11, SHN Sept. 18-19, Ohana Sept. 25-26.  Best month ever?
    If that is all we were getting this year I would def make the jump across the pond and hit those two Hyde Park shows. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,313
    Yes.  We just need the powers that be to get rid of quarantines when crossing borders and replace with some combination of testing and vaccination proof, whatever is deemed safe.  More than anything else the quarantines need to go before tours can really proceed.  At some point, I’m not saying now, they will be a bigger problem than the virus.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 154
    Yes.  We just need the powers that be to get rid of quarantines when crossing borders and replace with some combination of testing and vaccination proof, whatever is deemed safe.  More than anything else the quarantines need to go before tours can really proceed.  At some point, I’m not saying now, they will be a bigger problem than the virus.  
    For the Uk - you will have to wait until 12th April for those details.

Getting back into the US may be an issue for the band.
  • Options
    Tjm007 said:
    For the Uk - you will have to wait until 12th April for those details.

Getting back into the US may be an issue for the band.
    And Canada, maybe in 2024! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    WakefieldrobWakefieldrob Manchester 1 (2012), Leeds (2014), London 1 & 2 (2018) Posts: 13
    It’s not inconceivable they’d make it over for two shows. BST is a festival, making logistics easier with the stage being there already etc. In 2013 the Stones did the two nights of BST on consecutive weekends with just Glastonbury the only other European date that year, albeit off the back of a US arena tour in the spring. Bigger questions as per above are - will it go ahead in July:will it move to sep or (as per German festivals) will it move to next year 
  • Options
    WakefieldrobWakefieldrob Manchester 1 (2012), Leeds (2014), London 1 & 2 (2018) Posts: 13
    Also rock in Lisboa (foo fighters) which i also have tickets for has just moved to 2022. Foos tour a similar but shorter pattern to PJ with a mix of festivals and headlines. I reckon it’s the festival bits that are delaying announcements from both bands 
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    (are you kidding?)
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Also rock in Lisboa (foo fighters) which i also have tickets for has just moved to 2022. Foos tour a similar but shorter pattern to PJ with a mix of festivals and headlines. I reckon it’s the festival bits that are delaying announcements from both bands 
    Nobody will want to lose money - or lose more money - will be all about the contracts.
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 279
    edited March 2021
    Take this with a pinch of salt but a rumour on the efestivals forum is that BST is still intending to go ahead as originally planned and - crucially - with the same bill. September is still just a Plan B at this point (i.e. in the event that the UK misses any of its milestones).

Even if this is the case, seems weird that there wouldn't be SOME kind of statement from the organisers. 
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,172
    Take this with a pinch of salt but a rumour on the efestivals forum is that BST is still intending to go ahead as originally planned and - crucially - with the same bill. September is still just a Plan B at this point (i.e. in the event that the UK misses any of its milestones).

Even if this is the case, seems weird that there wouldn't be SOME kind of statement from the organisers. 
    Wonder if its a case of who blinks first the band or BST
  • Options

So you’re saying there’s a chance!

• Options
    We may yet flock to Hyde Park like the salmon of capistrano.
  • Options
    Hello, I'm currently looking for 1 preferably 2 ten club tickets preferably for Friday 9th July. If you can help PM me.  Many thanks xxx
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    We may yet flock to Hyde Park like the salmon of capistrano.
    indeed....flock like salmon.... got it.... totally... good luck !!!   ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Gravey1975 on
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Festivals 2021: Which ones are still going ahead? <a href="https://t.co/XAJgPbPFeq">https://t.co/XAJgPbPFeq</a></p>&mdash; BBC News (UK) (@BBCNews) <a href="">March 17, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yes!!!!!!!

BST Hyde Park - ON

• When: 9-11 July
    • Where: Hyde Park, London
    • Who: Pearl Jam, Duran Duran, Grace Jones, Pixies (pictured)

BST is one of the first festivals on the calendar this summer, with three shows planned for the second weekend in July. Unusually, Pearl Jam are headlining twice, on Friday and Saturday night, with Duran Duran bringing some 80s pop nostalgia to the Sunday show.

The event is normally held over two weekends - but the team couldn't confirm whether more dates were due to be announced.

~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 604
    Rock Werchter just cancelled for 2021, not a good sign for BST, but who knows
  • Options
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Festivals 2021: Which ones are still going ahead? <a href="https://t.co/XAJgPbPFeq">https://t.co/XAJgPbPFeq</a></p>&mdash; BBC News (UK) (@BBCNews) <a href="">March 17, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yes!!!!!!!

BST Hyde Park - ON

BST is one of the first festivals on the calendar this summer, with three shows planned for the second weekend in July. Unusually, Pearl Jam are headlining twice, on Friday and Saturday night, with Duran Duran bringing some 80s pop nostalgia to the Sunday show.

The event is normally held over two weekends - but the team couldn't confirm whether more dates were due to be announced.

I'd like to get excited but in the absence of a public announcement from the organisers I still think there's a lack of confidence that this thing is going to go ahead as planned. A reply to a request from the BBC is no different from a boilerplate email response to ticket holder queries. It just smacks of buying themselves some more time. 
  • Options

Yes!!!!!!!

BST Hyde Park - ON

I'd like to get excited but in the absence of a public announcement from the organisers I still think there's a lack of confidence that this thing is going to go ahead as planned. A reply to a request from the BBC is no different from a boilerplate email response to ticket holder queries. It just smacks of buying themselves some more time. 
    I agree, with the slight exception that the article had 3 categories - on/off/tbd and it’s at least a little encouraging BST was on and not tbd.  But of course it really is tbd.  What isn’t, these days.

• Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    Of course I agree, I'm awaiting news directly from BST and or Pearl Jam.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    Can we merge the European tour and BST threads ? Lets face it BST is the European tour now...
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,983
    Latitude organisers are pressing ahead with their plans for running the festival at full capacity in July: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-56461436.

I can see BST adopting a similar approach. Whether PJ want to play this or not is another issue.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    Latitude organisers are pressing ahead with their plans for running the festival at full capacity in July: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-56461436.

I can see BST adopting a similar approach. Whether PJ want to play this or not is another issue.
    Interesting and I applaud them for taking the risk and trying to make a go of it knowing the governement very likely could say a month out that it is not allowed to go on. Things I found interesting in the article are on site testing for the non vaccinated and the fact there are large scale test events in April and May. What are these test events they are talking about? 
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,983
    PJNB said:
    tino_11 said:

Interesting and I applaud them for taking the risk and trying to make a go of it knowing the governement very likely could say a month out that it is not allowed to go on. Things I found interesting in the article are on site testing for the non vaccinated and the fact there are large scale test events in April and May. What are these test events they are talking about? 
    Yes, I think if they press ahead an government make them cancel at the last minute, they’ll put pressure on the government to help cover their costs. 

I have not heard of any large scale testing here in the UK. I might have missed something though. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    tino_11 said:

Think it will be football last 2 rounds of EPL and FA cup final are to have limited number of fans 
  • Options
    Wireless Festival (Hyde Park 2-4 July) is teasing a big announcement in the next few days. Will be interesting to see if that is a move of dates to later in the year or revealing the full bill, which it is yet to do. That will certainly give us an idea of what the sentiment is amongst festival organisers re July shows.
  • Options
    If they are teasing something it is probably more likely to be the full bill.  If it was a date change I don’t think they’d have a lot of fanfare about that.  I’m almost allowing myself to get a little excited that BST may proceed, but I’m still not over the 50% confidence line.  

• Options
    If they are teasing something it is probably more likely to be the full bill.  If it was a date change I don’t think they’d have a lot of fanfare about that.  I’m almost allowing myself to get a little excited that BST may proceed, but I’m still not over the 50% confidence line.  
    doesnt sound like a cancellation anyway 
  • Options
    exileexile Dublin Posts: 82
    Reckon more likely be moved till September 
  • Options
    I just did some quick research on tickets and wonder if anyone knew what the difference was between GA and Primary Entry tickets. Also the 10C section shown is the general public sale tickets in here too or just 10C allowed in? If the general public tickets are included is that the primary entry option?