Options

Pearl Jam Headline Two Nights at BST Hyde Park

Comments

• Options
    CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153
    PeterED said:
    CB254133 said:
    mrk2 said:
    Don't see that happening. Getting a crew and gear together. Rehearsing, then shipping everything over for just two shows.
    Or; maybe the opportunity to get a crew together, and more importantly generate income for them because they haven't been paid in a while, and rehearse and play 2 live shows might be seen as a real opportunity to start to get back to it?
    I don't see how it makes economic sense for PJ to do this for 2 shows

I'm sure the cost of all these things - "Getting a crew and gear together. Rehearsing, then shipping everything over" to the EU  - is factored into their gross appearance fees for the entire EU dates. 

If the motivation to get their crew (and themselves) some cash then a tour of Australia/NZ with nearby stops in COVID safe countries makes way more sense than a couple shows in London. New shows that haven't been sold yet so ticket pricing can be set accordingly.
    You're probably right mate as I have no idea about the costs of shows and tours (except for buying tickets).  

Not sure how much equipment has to be brought over as it is BST so I am guessing a lot of equipment will be in place.  You never know the band (never spoken to them so only speculating- Ed won't answer my calls!!) might not be driven for profits for themselves but might be motivated to employ and pay their crew.

Your Australian/NZ makes sense and if it was a straight choice of where to go I would back that but BST tickets are already sold so could feel bound to honour them.

I know nothing for sure am just speculating!  As the wise Greek says it ain't over until the official press release.
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 482
    pdalowsky said:
    Saw the Australian interview with Ed whereby he predicts the first place they will play will be Australia.....there wasnt much reading between the lines needed
    You got a link to that interview?
  • Options
    EF11EF11 Posts: 99
  • Options
    EF11 said:
    Thanks! :-)
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 575
    edited February 2021
    Fact is a decent amount of tickets to PJ shows come from traveling fans, which PJ knows. With this show probably having even more travelers then average, I just don't see it happening. I have tickets, want it to happen and would be coming from Canada. However, two days ago we introduced hotel quarantine to get back into the country making unrestricted travel by July seem to be unrealistic.

I am an optimist and would love for it to happen, things are changing by the minute so I hold some hope. However, my prediction is that the first PJ show is at the SeaNow festival in NY and then Ohana in September. Even that is questionable, but a lot of signs are pointing to late summer/early fall for full openings in North America.

Post edited by chitty on
  • Options
    Next week I'll request a refund for BST. This ain't happening. A month ago I had my fingers crossed, but as I go into my 2nd dose of Moderna tomorrow, I realize that millions upon millions of people still don't have it. I work in healthcare and I learned that we are bracing for a third wave, smaller, but still a third wave due to the rampant development of the variant strains of Covid-19. By August, we'll have to get a third shot as a booster. It's all a fucking mess. But, I got tickets for Ohana, and I'm set for that, hotel booked and everything. I'm canceling my BST, and go to Paris instead and do a full week there now that I won't make a pit stop in London. I've always wanted/needed to see PJ in London.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    Next week I'll request a refund for BST. This ain't happening. A month ago I had my fingers crossed, but as I go into my 2nd dose of Moderna tomorrow, I realize that millions upon millions of people still don't have it. I work in healthcare and I learned that we are bracing for a third wave, smaller, but still a third wave due to the rampant development of the variant strains of Covid-19. By August, we'll have to get a third shot as a booster. It's all a fucking mess. But, I got tickets for Ohana, and I'm set for that, hotel booked and everything. I'm canceling my BST, and go to Paris instead and do a full week there now that I won't make a pit stop in London. I've always wanted/needed to see PJ in London.
    I assume you are American, if so be careful with Paris plans its by no means certain non EU citizens will be allowed by then
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,067
    I assume you are American, if so be careful with Paris plans its by no means certain non EU citizens will be allowed by then
    And France has vaccinated way way less people than the U.K. and US. 
  • Options
    Take it with a grain of salt, but rumours over on the efestivals forum are that BST may be moving to a September slot. 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    CB254133 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Saw the Australian interview with Ed whereby he predicts the first place they will play will be Australia.....there wasnt much reading between the lines needed
    Blimey that will be impressive to get an Australian gig in before 9th July when they play BST  :)
    I like the way you're thinking! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Take it with a grain of salt, but rumours over on the efestivals forum are that BST may be moving to a September slot. 
    So, BFT?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Yeah, but surely PJ won't move with them. Werchter is close to being called off or moved too. Best we can get at this point is rescheduling to 2022 in full. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    So, BFT?
    BAT to the British ;-)
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    Yeah, but surely PJ won't move with them. Werchter is close to being called off or moved too. Best we can get at this point is rescheduling to 2022 in full. Fingers crossed.
    Yeah I'd say there is very little chance that they'd play the new dates. It seemed unlikely they'd play in July but if the festival is moved that probably gives them the contractual right to drop out even if the festival can go ahead.
  • Options
    A September date could work if it’s linked to Sea Hear Now. Eg could do BST on September 9th and 10th, they could then fly to NY for Sea Hear Now then to Ohana. So a 4 show 3 weekend tour. Unlikely but could be possible
  • Options
    Download Festival cancelled. 
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    Was always going to be cancelled as pre June 21st
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,691
    So, BFT?
    BAT to the British ;-)
    LOL
  • Options
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:
    21st June is a PR stunt by Johnson. So many variables that can change up until then. I don‘t get why people take this date for granted.
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 273
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:
    21st June is a PR stunt by Johnson. So many variables that can change up until then. I don‘t get why people take this date for granted.
    Because it's the earliest possible date that festivals can happen. They might very well move later, but they sure as hell ain't gonna happen any earlier - which is why Download have just announced their delay. 
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    If BST moves to September, which is still technically summer, I won't be able to attend, and I doubt Pearl Jam will still be headlining, especially with the prep Eddie needs to do to oversee Ohana a couple weeks later. 

And yes, I'm monitoring the situation in France, and I'm flexible with my dates to visit Paris as soon as visit restrictions for Americans are lifted, but I do think it'll be fine to travel there in July or August. If not, I'll visit in December for Christmas.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 145
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:
    It gives a date to aim for - at the current rate of progress it could well be brought forward from then.

Uk based fans should be able to attend Hyde Park - whether it goes ahead will be a financial not health decision.
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,145
    Just hope they all go ahead in 2022 with a route that suits my tickets 
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 238
    Isle of Wight festival this year just announced pushed back from June to September too
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    Just been reading. BST is now the only major U.K. festival yet to announce. I’m hoping it goes the same way as Isle of Wight and goes ahead on either 3rd/4th or 10/11th September to form a mini run of shows with Sea Hear Now and Ohana
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,168
    Micheyb21 said:
    Isle of Wight festival this year just announced pushed back from June to September too
    This is great news.  As opposed to cancel or move to 2022.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,168
    drfox said:
    Just been reading.t BST is now the only major U.K. festival yet to announce. I’m hoping it goes the same way as Isle of Wight and goes ahead on either 3rd/4th or 10/11th September to form a mini run of shows with Sea Hear Now and Ohana
    Isle of Wight had to move because it was before June 21.  In theory BST does not, but realistically it probably does. 

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Micheyb21 said:
    Hello fellow Southeastern! I'm just a hovercraft ride away from IoW. I missed the 2012 edition, so I really hope they could join the 2021 line-up.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 238
    Pap said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    Hello fellow Southeastern! I'm just a hovercraft ride away from IoW. I missed the 2012 edition, so I really hope they could join the 2021 line-up.
    Hi back! I missed it too! Downside to IOW is the sheer outrageous cost of the ferry over. Cheaper to head to London. I would definitely be happier with BST in September as an option.
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,691
    Pap said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    I really hope this switch doesnt happen. Although if they come and do IOW i would dare say a show on the mainland would be guaranteed. I was really excited by the BST days were like Pearl Jam shows and not a typical festival slot so I had high hopes for long shows and interesting setlists. 

TBH I wouldnt travel to IOW