Options

So how about those fan club singles *edit* THAT I FINALLY GOT!!

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,987
    Hawk123 said:
    I can’t imagine it’s anything financial related. Since we know they’ve already been designed and some produced based on the November newsletter, it makes me think it’s either a production issue and they needed to be redone. Could it be an issue releasing one of the covers, either the song or the imagery? I honestly have no clue, just a thought. 
    right, thats why the whole thing is so weird.

• Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,695
    You think the multiple Chris Cornell covers are causing the issue? They were already released digitally so that shouldn’t be the issue. 
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,005
    You think the multiple Chris Cornell covers are causing the issue? They were already released digitally so that shouldn’t be the issue. 
    No idea, just a thought. The delays just don’t make sense so it must be something else. Thousands of posters can get shipped in few weeks, other vinyl produced, sold and shipped in short order. We’ve seen a picture with a stack of them 4 months ago. I’m not worried about getting them and delays don’t really bother me. They will just sit on the shelf with the rest but the delay is what makes it such a head scratcher. At this point if I was offered my money back for them, I would probably take it. 
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    whenever there are a bunch of hippies trying to organize something, the outcome can sometimes be, less than perfect.
    i can accept that.
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,695
    4 years delayed not perfect?
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    when you set your goals lower, they can be met more easily.
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 339
    edited March 2021
    The only justifiable reason for this long of a delay at this point would be if the band is signing them all because it would literally take years, but we all know that's not happening, so it will be interesting to hear what excuse they come up with about the delay if they ever decide to give us one. I can honestly say that I don't think anyone would complain if the reason for the delay was getting the band to sign them all to make it special since this is the end of the annual singles... I can't see any other justifiable reason aside from this, but hey I'm one of those optimists ed talks about sometimes, "hope is the underdog"... "you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one"... I hope someday the singles will be sent to us, and ten club fans will be as one...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    my_wave said:
    I can honestly say that I don't think anyone would complain if the reason for the delay was getting the band to sign them all to make it special since this is the end of the annual singles...
    I think all of us can honestly say if they just communicated whatever the issue is, that no one would complain. I don't have an issue with not having these in my hands. I have an issue that they are choosing to not communicate. Sometimes they feel the need to pop into other threads and comment about other issues but no one has ever done this about this situation. Even if the delay is because they are signing all of them or have another surprise up their sleeve, why wouldn't they communicate? They may not have a choice to send these out today but they do have a choice to communicate and its pretty clear that they are choosing to not do so.

They asked us to updated our shipping address over 4 months ago. How many have moved since then? I'm sure they don't want to blindly ship a ton of items to wrong addresses. That would only cost the 10c more money. I would imagine they are going to ask us to update our addresses again to make sure there are little to no issues.

The last communication we had from them told us that they were updating addresses and they would let us know where they were with the production process after a couple/few weeks. By their own calculations, they should've been able to communicate the status to us at the end of December. I don't see any other way of looking at this other than the 10c is being dishonest with us.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    JB16057 said:
    my_wave said:
    I can honestly say that I don't think anyone would complain if the reason for the delay was getting the band to sign them all to make it special since this is the end of the annual singles...
    I think all of us can honestly say if they just communicated whatever the issue is, that no one would complain. 
    That's funny! Have you not been around long? 😁
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Yeah these could come signed and people will still complain, smudged signature, creased sleeve. Its just part of the internet, people like to complain in a safe environment whereas in the real world wouldnt say a thing. We do however all deserve to complain over the length of time these are taking and the lack of communication. 4 years. Somethings not right.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,090
    The only thing I can think of here is they are doing something extra for the delay to make things right. I hope so anyway. I love the 10C but this is a bit ridiculous 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    Abe! Pull some strings and get these things released!!!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,090
    edited March 2021
    on2legs said:
    Abe! Pull some strings and get these things released!!!
    If I get my way everyone will receive a free black Benaroya vinyl reissue for being so patient with these singles!  (Yeah right. I wish!)
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Still trying to get my head around
     " we have been manufacturing the Ten Club Singles in-house for the first time ever"
    surely the only way to read that is theyve bought their own press in which case it seems an odd time to stop producing the singles and odd that its taking so long unless somethings not working. Seems an odd investment unless they have big plans for pressing lots of vinyl.

• Options
    FR181798 said:
     " we have been manufacturing the Ten Club Singles in-house for the first time ever"
    surely the only way to read that is theyve bought their own press in which case it seems an odd time to stop producing the singles and odd that its taking so long unless somethings not working. Seems an odd investment unless they have big plans for pressing lots of vinyl.

Could there be a more pathetic way to end an annual membership benefit? Are we taking bets that they don't even remember what year to put on the singles like the RnR HOF single?

I wonder how the 2019 & 2020 DEEP magazines are coming along as each band member rests in their mansions that this fan club helped build.

Seems like an odd investment when the 10c has so few employees to begin with.

" we have been manufacturing the Ten Club Singles in-house for the first time ever"..... They forgot to say "the first and last time ever."

They said they would be shipping late winter so surely they'll ship these within the next 2 days, right?

Both Pearl Jam and the 10c have not taken the membership benefits seriously for quite some time now. Their actions, or lack there of, and words, mostly false, prove that they do not care.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,866
    JB16057 said:
    FR181798 said:

Could there be a more pathetic way to end an annual membership benefit? Are we taking bets that they don't even remember what year to put on the singles like the RnR HOF single?

I wonder how the 2019 & 2020 DEEP magazines are coming along as each band member rests in their mansions that this fan club helped build.

" we have been manufacturing the Ten Club Singles in-house for the first time ever"..... They forgot to say "the first and last time ever."

They said they would be shipping late winter so surely they'll ship these within the next 2 days, right?

Both Pearl Jam and the 10c have not taken the membership benefits seriously for quite some time now. Their actions, or lack there of, and words, mostly false, prove that they do not care.
    this thread has surprisingly lasted this long, no need to go and get it locked. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    FR181798 said:

There's certainly a disconnect between Pearl Jam members and the fan club they started 30+ years ago. Do you think any one of them cares about this situation? My point is that any one member of Pearl Jam have enough money to take care of whatever this issue is but they stay silent. No member of Pearl Jam run the fan club which I totally understand but if their fan club is doing us wrong, you'd think they would want to make it right. Their fan club is doing us wrong. They don't even follow through on what they told us they would do. If I was a member of Pearl Jam, I would be upset and ensure that this gets corrected.

Didn't Tim Bierman come out at some point and blame the band members for the lack of attention to the Singles and Deep? He had to remind them that they need to work on these if I remember correctly. Did Pearl Jam forget that they have obligations to their fan club? It sure seems like it.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    FR181798 said:

There's certainly a disconnect between Pearl Jam members and the fan club they started 30+ years ago. Do you think any one of them cares about this situation? My point is that any one member of Pearl Jam have enough money to take care of whatever this issue is but they stay silent. No member of Pearl Jam run the fan club which I totally understand but if their fan club is doing us wrong, you'd think they would want to make it right. Their fan club is doing us wrong. They don't even follow through on what they told us they would do. If I was a member of Pearl Jam, I would be upset and ensure that this gets corrected.

Didn't Tim Bierman come out at some point and blame the band members for the lack of attention to the Singles and Deep? He had to remind them that they need to work on these if I remember correctly. Did Pearl Jam forget that they have obligations to their fan club? It sure seems like it.
    yes, Jeff mentioned that Tim typically would get the idea germinating in their heads around August. 

we don't know what the real reason is, so it's unrealistic to expect the band to chime in on management business. presumably the band's job is finished, and has been for some time (content). the club's part (distribution) is the issue. maybe some of the band have inquired, but they aren't going to do so publicly, and throw their own fan club under the bus. for all we know Jeff has been throwing cherry bombs in their toilets for weeks. 

If you were a member of pearl jam, I highly doubt it would be on your radar. especially during a pandemic, and especially when they have other shit going on in their lives (presumably). I don't think a fan club single really ruffles many band feathers. 

there's no excuse for it, but my blame rests solely (this year) on the club. we've had the songs for months, which means the band came through. the club hasn't. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,598
    Interesting, as a cease a desist could be out we don’t know about it, especially with CC’s estate releasing a covers album of their own this month.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    No one has to throw anyone under any bus. All they need to do is communicate and especially communicate when they tell us to expect communication.

Why did the 10c reply back to the email and say they would ship late winter? Probably the same reason they told us they would communicate about where they were in the process after finalizing the mailing list at the end of December. It wasn't true. Were they being dishonest to buy more time? Telling us what we want to hear to shut us up for a while? We don't know.

I don't care what the reason for the delay is but I do care that they keep trying to sell us other crap while not taking care of their prior obligations and then choose to not communicate.

I think its fair to say that the blame mostly lies on the club but the club wouldn't exist if not for the members of Pearl Jam. Is it also the club's fault that DEEP 2019 and 2020,to my knowledge, haven't been created? At what point does Pearl Jam get involved and at what point are they to blame for not getting more involved? Do you think this is the vision that they had for their own fan club 30 years ago? I sure hope not.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    No one has to throw anyone under any bus. All they need to do is communicate and especially communicate when they tell us to expect communication.

Why did the 10c reply back to the email and say they would ship late winter? Probably the same reason they told us they would communicate about where they were in the process after finalizing the mailing list at the end of December. It wasn't true. Were they being dishonest to buy more time? Telling us what we want to hear to shut us up for a while? We don't know.

I don't care what the reason for the delay is but I do care that they keep trying to sell us other crap while not taking care of their prior obligations and then choose to not communicate.

I think its fair to say that the blame mostly lies on the club but the club wouldn't exist if not for the members of Pearl Jam. Is it also the club's fault that DEEP 2019 and 2020,to my knowledge, haven't been created? At what point does Pearl Jam get involved and at what point are they to blame for not getting more involved? Do you think this is the vision that they had for their own fan club 30 years ago? I sure hope not.
    I'm sure not but I can't imagine the fan club is even on their radar anymore. they're into creating art and music, not appeasing the complaints of a bunch of 40/50 something fanboys. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Interesting, as a cease a desist could be out we don’t know about it, especially with CC’s estate releasing a covers album of their own this month.

This is a totally valid point. The same issue could be happening with the Tom Petty estate as well. But I would imagine if this was the case from either estate, that the Ten Club would've had to remove the songs from downloads as well. We've seen supposed pictures of the Cornell single but not the Petty single. I don't think they would've started production on either of these before clearing the release with each estate but I don't know. 

If this is what is happening, I would understand the lack of communication as this could seem like they are throwing someone under the bus but sometimes the truth hurts. I just don't trust the whole situation due to past experiences with the 10c and how they've treated this situation for years prior.
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    Maybe with all the assembling of 7 inch covers they all got papercuts and are waiting for them to heal. \Maybe
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    i don't think that's the thing. you can cover any song you wish as long as a percentage of he royalties from that release go in part to the publishing rights holder. (I suppose it's possible there is a grey area with a "free" fan club item)

I'd imagine if that were it, though, we'd have heard about it by now. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    i don't think that's the thing. you can cover any song you wish as long as a percentage of he royalties from that release go in part to the publishing rights holder. (I suppose it's possible there is a grey area with a "free" fan club item)

I'd imagine if that were it, though, we'd have heard about it by now. 
    If it's "free" can't have covers. If it's part of a paid package it's fine, which this is. David Lemieux talked about this with respect to the free bonus disc the dead include with some releases. So yeah pj can do whatever they want with covers...haven't like 70% of fan club singles been covers?
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    JB16057 said:

I'm sure not but I can't imagine the fan club is even on their radar anymore. they're into creating art and music, not appeasing the complaints of a bunch of 40/50 something fanboys. lol
    Really? Occasional side project releases and new pearl jam music every 6 years is "into creating art and music"?
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JB16057 said:

It took them 7 years to make a new album and they were never even in the studio together. I don't think they're into creating art and music as much as you think they are. Maybe some members are, (who we know have been vocal about it) but as a band, collectively that's definitely not happening so it's no surprise that they ended the annual singles and could care less about releasing them when they don't even care about making new music (again collectively as a band not as individual members of the band)... 
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    my_wave said:
    JB16057 said:

It took them 7 years to make a new album and they were never even in the studio together. I don't think they're into creating art and music as much as you think they are. Maybe some members are, (who we know have been vocal about it) but as a band, collectively that's definitely not happening so it's no surprise that they ended the annual singles and could care less about releasing them when they don't even care about making new music (again collectively as a band not as individual members of the band)...
    So if they don't care about new music and being a band then why would they care about the annual singles that they themselves ended for whatever reason and what members think and feel about it...?

st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    NewJPage said:
    JB16057 said:

Really? Occasional side project releases and new pearl jam music every 6 years is "into creating art and music"?
    what an artist creates and what they release to the public aren't usually even in the same universe. 

there's also all the projects they have that aren't related to the band. Just because they don't put out press releases for everything they do, doesn't mean they aren't doing it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com