Options

So how about those fan club singles *edit* THAT I FINALLY GOT!!

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,866
    my_wave said:
    JB16057 said:
    No one has to throw anyone under any bus. All they need to do is communicate and especially communicate when they tell us to expect communication.

Why did the 10c reply back to the email and say they would ship late winter? Probably the same reason they told us they would communicate about where they were in the process after finalizing the mailing list at the end of December. It wasn't true. Were they being dishonest to buy more time? Telling us what we want to hear to shut us up for a while? We don't know.

I don't care what the reason for the delay is but I do care that they keep trying to sell us other crap while not taking care of their prior obligations and then choose to not communicate.

I think its fair to say that the blame mostly lies on the club but the club wouldn't exist if not for the members of Pearl Jam. Is it also the club's fault that DEEP 2019 and 2020,to my knowledge, haven't been created? At what point does Pearl Jam get involved and at what point are they to blame for not getting more involved? Do you think this is the vision that they had for their own fan club 30 years ago? I sure hope not.
    I'm sure not but I can't imagine the fan club is even on their radar anymore. they're into creating art and music, not appeasing the complaints of a bunch of 40/50 something fanboys. lol
    It took them 7 years to make a new album and they were never even in the studio together. I don't think they're into creating art and music as much as you think they are. Maybe some members are, (who we know have been vocal about it) but as a band, collectively that's definitely not happening so it's no surprise that they ended the annual singles and could care less about releasing them when they don't even care about making new music (again collectively as a band not as individual members of the band)... 
    see my response to newjpage
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    @Santos L. Halper I see you gave a nice update on posters, bats, vaults and EV singles.

Why do you choose to not update us on the Annual Singles and Deep? All of the items that you have given updates on were for sale after the last official update regarding the Single and Deep in November. I don't care who updates us but the 10c told us we would be getting an update at the end of December and that never happened.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    Never has so much been written with so little to say. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited March 2021
    on2legs said:
    I thought trolling wasn't allowed on this forum but I guess I was wrong. How about the first rule of "RESPECT"?

@Santos L. Halper Does the 10c enjoy watching others attack each other for this issue that the 10c has caused?
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    I thought trolling wasn't allowed on this forum but I guess I was wrong. How about the first rule of "RESPECT"?

@Santos L. Halper Does the 10c enjoy watching others attack each other for this issue that the 10c has caused?
    Disagreeing with you and stating an opinion is not trolling. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:

You didn't say you disagreed. You insulted me and my words to "incite flames." That is trolling.

What is there to disagree about? Santos is giving an update on items that were sold after our last update over 4 months ago. Why do the customers buying posters deserve an unexpected update when we were told to expect an update 3 months ago?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:

You didn't say you disagreed. You insulted me and my words to "incite flames." That is trolling.

What is there to disagree about? Santos is giving an update on items that were sold after our last update over 4 months ago. Why do the customers buying posters deserve an unexpected update when we were told to expect an update 3 months ago?
    I don’t have to say I disagree to disagree.  I can post my opinion.  Whatever.  Please add me to your complaint with the Attorney General. 
    Post edited by on2legs on

• Options
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:

Whatever.  Please add me to your complaint with the Attorney General. 
    Whatever.... Never has so much been written with so little to say. Am I right?

At least I make valid points. Once again, you are attacking me for the sole purpose of inciting flames.
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,695
    Fellas, JB is 1000% right. But don’t argue over this crap. 
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:

Whatever.  Please add me to your complaint with the Attorney General. 
    Whatever.... Never has so much been written with so little to say. Am I right?

At least I make valid points. Once again, you are attacking me for the sole purpose of inciting flames.
    Saying you are making a big deal out of a small deal is not attacking you.  

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,987
    I generally assume, if there is no update, there is no new news, and the old news still current. But this is weird. But also, we have zero power in this situation, so we have to wait for news or for them to arrive. 

• Options
    I asked santos in the shipping update thread about singles but got crickets. I’m starting to feel like they don’t care and think ripping off thousands of people is funny. Am I wrong?
  • Options
    Probably. 
  • Options
    My guess is there are some real issues at play that we aren’t (and won’t be) privy to, we won’t get an explanation, and these happen when they do, as frustrating as it can be. 
  • Options
    Just a disappointing way to treat their long time fans. Oh well, that’s life I guess. 
  • Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 784
    If there are issues, the purchasers should be advised and given revised delivery estimates or a plan to fulfill them (common courtesy).  Late winter is over...no singles. Makes no sense to bring pressing in house when these are the last two...why even take than on? And old Deep fanzines...why bother?  If you can’t do those timely (e.g. annually), it seems as though the fans are an afterthought in the “fan club.”  #pjdontcare #maybeIshouldnteither
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,702
    Now that the tour has been sorted, can we please get an update on when we will get these too. While you are at it, an update on the Vault would be very much appreciated. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    They said they were expecting the vault soon. End of March (here we are) or early April.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,013
    They said they were expecting the vault soon. End of March (here we are) or early April.

MusicGlue in Europe said March 31st. Let's hope there isn't another delay. 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,782
    If you really are upset about the singles, just ask for a refund.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    I bet the “christmas” singles will be sent out when they’re ready to be sent out. It is out of our control, but they’ll come when they’re done. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:

MusicGlue in Europe said March 31st. Let's hope there isn't another delay. 
    Records are getting delayed left and right, I'm expecting a delay. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Are the Vaults now going to be the new "annual" singles?  Almost 4 months since they were to start shipping and.. no shipping and no word about it.
  • Options
    Dude. Every vinyl in the world is delayed. I'm not surprised a 4LP set that is pretty much pressed to order is as well.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I'm not speaking to the singles, and I know their delay has caused a great many here PTSD, but let's not start freaking out about the Vault yet.

https://blog.roughtrade.com/vinyl-release-date-changes/

This post is from October. Its only gotten worse since. 
    The Weeknd just announced a reissue of his first album and they gave it a 1 year window until shipping. 

Its real bad guys. You gotta have chill.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 636
    every vinyl in the world is NOT delayed. do you only listen to pearl jam?
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Are the Vaults now going to be the new "annual" singles?  Almost 4 months since they were to start shipping and.. no shipping and no word about it.

The original shipping date was "late winter" IIRC. As of last I heard, they were on target for March/April.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    lol no
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    Somehow Phish and every other band release vinyl on a regular basis.

I don't love musictoday's customer service, but I guarantee that they would provide updates if they took money for something, then had a delay.

Pearl Jam, ten club, etc does not care and has some of the worst customer service in the music world.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    Let me clarify, every plant is operating at capacity and many records are delayed. I imagine PJ thought they would get these quicker than what the plant was operating at. 

Unless you plan well ahead, records won’t be out on release day. And a made to order record, doesn’t leave much room to plan ahead. I’m sure they can estimate though.