RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    https://uncletom.com/
    Everybody should see this movie.
    I watched it two days ago it is extremely well done.  Watch the trailer at least and read summary
    Can you tell me where I can skip forward to where they talk about republicans suppressing black voters for decades and tolerating racism from large groups that vote conservative? I will watch the whole vid later but am really interested to see what kind of reasoning they make for being ok enough with these issues and they still vote conservative. 
    You are dead wrong that large blocks of conservative voters are racist.  That is one of the biggest lies out there.  You should study the Democratic party a little more than you have historically and currently.
    The Dems that created the KKK years ago are today's Republicans.  The parties flipped ideology years ago.
    https://www.history.com/topics/reconstruction/ku-klux-klan
    Sorry.  Your ability to be deceived is greater than my ability to convince ok.

"The cases of Klan-related violence became more isolated in the decades to come, though fragmented groups became aligned with neo-Nazi or other right-wing extremist organizations from the 1970s onward. In the early 1990s, the Klan was estimated to have between 6,000 and 10,000 active members, mostly in the Deep South"

Can we end this discussion now or is this fake news...
    You are the one that said the KKK  had Republican origins.  Not true.  The idea that the Republicans and Democrats flipped positions on core values is Fake History! 
    (I coined a new praise just now, never heard it said before)  yes fake history propaganda.
    (to end or promote slavery, to segregate or to not segregate)

And the parties themselves did not flip flop positions no matter how bad you want to try to spin that.  Because it is very inconvenient for the Democrat party's history.  Shhhh!
    There were a lot of Southern Democrats that converted to Republican and Republican values.  But you cannot  trade Andrew Jackson for Abe Lincoln and so on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no way.  Lincoln, Reagan, Trump are the same party.  
    Andrew Jackson, the Jim Crow South, Bill & Hillary Clinton, & Joe Biden are the same party.
    The Republican values and Democratic Values have not changed.
    And for the life of me, given the Democrats terrible history, and currently on their treatment of blacks and Indians, and the way the big cities are run these days all Democrats, I cannot for the life of me figure out how anyone with a clear conscience can still vote Democrat today.  That is a question I will always have.  Democrats are the racist Plantation minded people still!  Not the conservative Republicans.   (You can never say ALL about anything, there are always the f***** up one's, but in general)

Where did I say the KKK had Repub origins? What are you even talking about? A couple of more questions for you and I guarantee you will ignore them. Who does the KKK vote with now? Who did they vote with in 1865? How can you say that the Republic values and Dem values have not changed after honestly answering those questions?
    @RYME
    Good luck! I posted the same article twice with no reply.  Maybe I am on ignore?  Who knows. 

No reply??? 
    I actually have a life that extends beyond this forum.
    You can post that artile as many times as you want.  Dosn't make it true.   A referee can call as many technical fouls as he wants,, doesn't make the call in question right.
    Truth is not a leftwing value.  They conveniently left out a few things.  And so there you are with a bunch of half truths enabling you to think that you are the enlightened one.  
    You know, Trump was at Mount Rushmore on Friday night..   
    The enlightenedl media said, wait for it????That the audience in attendance was going to becone covid-19 super spreaders & that the firework display afterwards over the monument was going to start massive forest fires.  Come on people.
    Wait a second, you and I posted articles from the same source (history.com)....so yours is fact but mine is fiction?

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    mcgruff10 said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    I watched it two days ago it is extremely well done.  Watch the trailer at least and read summary
    Can you tell me where I can skip forward to where they talk about republicans suppressing black voters for decades and tolerating racism from large groups that vote conservative? I will watch the whole vid later but am really interested to see what kind of reasoning they make for being ok enough with these issues and they still vote conservative. 
    You are dead wrong that large blocks of conservative voters are racist.  That is one of the biggest lies out there.  You should study the Democratic party a little more than you have historically and currently.
    The Dems that created the KKK years ago are today's Republicans.  The parties flipped ideology years ago.

"The cases of Klan-related violence became more isolated in the decades to come, though fragmented groups became aligned with neo-Nazi or other right-wing extremist organizations from the 1970s onward. In the early 1990s, the Klan was estimated to have between 6,000 and 10,000 active members, mostly in the Deep South"

You are the one that said the KKK  had Republican origins.  Not true.  The idea that the Republicans and Democrats flipped positions on core values is Fake History! 
    (I coined a new praise just now, never heard it said before)  yes fake history propaganda.

And the parties themselves did not flip flop positions no matter how bad you want to try to spin that.  Because it is very inconvenient for the Democrat party's history.  Shhhh!
    There were a lot of Southern Democrats that converted to Republican and Republican values.  But you cannot  trade Andrew Jackson for Abe Lincoln and so on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no way.  Lincoln, Reagan, Trump are the same party.  
    Andrew Jackson, the Jim Crow South, Bill & Hillary Clinton, & Joe Biden are the same party.
    And for the life of me, given the Democrats terrible history, and currently on their treatment of blacks and Indians, and the way the big cities are run these days all Democrats, I cannot for the life of me figure out how anyone with a clear conscience can still vote Democrat today.  That is a question I will always have.  Democrats are the racist Plantation minded people still!  Not the conservative Republicans.   (You can never say ALL about anything, there are always the f***** up one's, but in general)

Where did I say the KKK had Repub origins? What are you even talking about? A couple of more questions for you and I guarantee you will ignore them. Who does the KKK vote with now? Who did they vote with in 1865? How can you say that the Republic values and Dem values have not changed after honestly answering those questions?
    @RYME
    Good luck! I posted the same article twice with no reply.  Maybe I am on ignore?  Who knows. 

No reply??? 
    You can post that artile as many times as you want.  Dosn't make it true.   A referee can call as many technical fouls as he wants,, doesn't make the call in question right.
    Truth is not a leftwing value.  They conveniently left out a few things.  And so there you are with a bunch of half truths enabling you to think that you are the enlightened one.  
    The enlightenedl media said, wait for it????That the audience in attendance was going to becone covid-19 super spreaders & that the firework display afterwards over the monument was going to start massive forest fires.  Come on people.
    Wait a second, you and I posted articles from the same source (history.com)....so yours is fact but mine is fiction?

yes. isnt that how that tribe works?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:

@RYME

No reply??? 

yes. isnt that how that tribe works?
    Happy 4th bud! I hope you are off the road and home safe.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:

@RYME

No reply??? 
    You jumped over my question the other day and responded to others that posted after me. Why would I not think you were ignoring my post? Also why did you not answer my question?

Who does the KKK vote with now? Who did they vote with in 1865? 
    All 6,000 of them? Out of 328, million?  I don't know who they vote for now, it's probably on an individual basis, But they were founded and originated from the Democratic Party..  No amount of History spitting can change that.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:

@RYME

No reply??? 
    You jumped over my question the other day and responded to others that posted after me. Why would I not think you were ignoring my post? Also why did you not answer my question?

All 6,000 of them? Out of 328, million?  I don't know who they vote for now, it's probably on an individual basis, But they were founded and originated from the Democratic Party..  No amount of History spitting can change that.
    Ah you cared enough to know how they were created but did not care enough to follow through with present times and realize that they now vote Republican and endorsed Donald Trump. Why is that I wonder? What a bunch of horseshit.  
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:

@RYME

No reply??? 

Ah you cared enough to know how they were created but did not care enough to follow through with present times and realize that they now vote Republican and endorsed Donald Trump. Why is that I wonder? What a bunch of horseshit.  
    "Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans," Trump said.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:

@RYME

No reply??? 

"Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans," Trump said.

How long did it take for him to say that quote? Over 48hrs if memory serves me correct after the Charlottesville attacks and universal backlash against him for not making any comments. Better late (and forced) then never though right? Guess what, the KKK still vote Republican. I wonderer why?

Here are some real relevant links for you. I doubt you read them since you are pretty bias and clueless to what is actually going on here. 
    https://www.vox.com/2017/8/12/16138358/charlottesville-protests-david-duke-kkk

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/30/fact-check-democratic-party-did-not-found-kkk-start-civil-war/3253803001/

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/11/637665414/a-year-after-charlottesville-not-much-has-changed-for-trump

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    What did the so-called president say about defacing public property?

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    https://twitter.com/naomiruta/status/1279506948334006272?s=21
    How long before the snowflakes of the GOP start calling for gun reforms , now that black communities are armed just like the white’s are let’s see the reaction from them! After all they are exercising their 2nd A rights! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    How long before the snowflakes of the GOP start calling for gun reforms , now that black communities are armed just like the white’s are let’s see the reaction from them! After all they are exercising their 2nd A rights! 
    I don’t know about that, but it does seem like left leaning states are supporting firearm ownership like never before.  Most of the recent firearm purchases have been in California, New York, and Washington.  Haven’t heard much push lately from politicians for gun control on the left either.  
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    PJPOWER said:
    I don’t know about that, but it does seem like left leaning states are supporting firearm ownership like never before.  Most of the recent firearm purchases have been in California, New York, and Washington.  Haven’t heard much push lately from politicians for gun control on the left either.  
    I have been saying to my close friends since the 2016 election that liberals need to own more guns. We are far outnumbered in firepower when shit hits the fan, which seems to be happening right now. I am not optimistic that any of this is going to end well for the country. A small proportion of Americans have become completely unhinged, and they're going to drag the rest of us into something deadly.

I do not personally own a gun, and probably never will, but I have always believed in gun ownership for hunting and personal protection -- as have most Americans. Most Americans, liberal or conservative, have never been ANTI-gun ownership. Most Americans have always supported SMART-gun ownership.  It seems right now that it's smarter to own a gun for personal protection than not.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:

@RYME

No reply??? 

How long did it take for him to say that quote? Over 48hrs if memory serves me correct after the Charlottesville attacks and universal backlash against him for not making any comments. Better late (and forced) then never though right? Guess what, the KKK still vote Republican. I wonderer why?

Here are some real relevant links for you. I doubt you read them since you are pretty bias and clueless to what is actually going on here. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/30/fact-check-democratic-party-did-not-found-kkk-start-civil-war/3253803001/

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/11/637665414/a-year-after-charlottesville-not-much-has-changed-for-trump

He also regretted making that statement. Thinks he shouldn't have given into the pressure.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430

• Options
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:

@RYME

No reply??? 

Those news sources you list have all been taken over by the left.  Journalism is pretty much dead in mainstream media.
    When Tump was in the private sector running his businesses voting demorate back then,  racism never came up.
    He was never accused of being a racist until he ran on the Republican ticket.
    When he was a tabloid celebrity nobody gave two shits.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:

@RYME

No reply??? 

Those news sources you list have all been taken over by the left.  Journalism is pretty much dead in mainstream media.
    When Tump was in the private sector running his businesses voting demorate back then,  racism never came up.
    Do you give two shits about any tabloid celebrity today?  I don’t.  If any current day tabloid trash we’re to become president I would start to care and look up every skeleton I could find.    
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    I will be glad when the day come that I don't give two shits about Trump.  But as long as he is president, I give enough shits to fill the entire NYC sewer system. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:

@RYME

No reply??? 

@Ryme well that's not true. A simple google search will get you actual information.  Here's just one of MANY links https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-racist-meme/

But I'll bet you won't read it. 
  • Options
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    PJNB said:
    RYME said:

@RYME

No reply??? 

@Ryme well that's not true. A simple google search will get you actual information.  Here's just one of MANY links https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-racist-meme/

But I'll bet you won't read it. 
    I am done at this point. To just shrug off proven links and articles as ones taken over by the left since they do not line up with your reality is a dead end. That is an easy cop out for anyone that is not open to a discussion and to actually be educated on a matter that they have blindly believed to be true for years. I am sure the left is guilty of this as well but man does the right just dig their heels in and not budge even with so much evidence on one side of a matter. Painful to see really.  
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/6Dbq1HX_C8U
    I read those links that you posted, where they cherry pick something from 1989 or 1973 okay, ya got me, I can't compete with that.  Now you watch the above video.
    ( I doubt that will)
    The truth is that President Trump has done more positive for the black, latino & minorities  than any president since Abe Lincoln.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I don't hear many minorities making that claim.  They hold up a few and pretend that is voice for the many.
    Guessing you are white, making this claim.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    RYME said:
    https://youtu.be/6Dbq1HX_C8U
    I read those links that you posted, where they cherry pick something from 1989 or 1973 okay, ya got me, I can't compete with that.  Now you watch the above video.
    ( I doubt that will)
    The truth is that President Trump has done more positive for the black, latino & minorities  than any president since Abe Lincoln.
    I sat through Sean fucking Spicer to hear an opinion that referenced the funding for HBCUs and jobs reports before the pandemic as evidence to say that Trump has done more than any other president since Lincoln. Talk about cherry picking. You know, it's great he signed that bill for the funding that Congress agreed on for once. He did the right thing when presented with someone else's initiative. That's what I would expect any president to do, but maybe dig a little deeper than a surface level video where people trade magic for fact.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2020/01/23/trumps-claim-about-saving-hbcus-was-false-his-administration-has-largely-backed
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Yeah I watched that too....and it is the opinion of one random guy.  
    (A random guy who apparently has never heard of the Internal Affairs division already present in most major police departments )
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.
  • Options
    (A random guy who apparently has never heard of the Internal Affairs division already present in most major police departments )
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.
    Ok stick your heads in the sand ostriches.  You are a joke!
    How did the big cities run by democrates do this past weekend?  NYC?> Chicago?> Atlanta,> Philadelphia>>>
    https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/chicago-gun-violence-2-children-among-several-killed-over-fourth-of-july-weekend/
    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/bullet-strikes-nypd-patrol-vehicle-misses-officers-sitting-inside/2500243/
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/05/us/chicago-shootings-july-4-weekend/index.html
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    RYME said:
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.
    How did the big cities run by democrates do this past weekend?  NYC?> Chicago?> Atlanta,> Philadelphia>>>
    https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/chicago-gun-violence-2-children-among-several-killed-over-fourth-of-july-weekend/
    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/bullet-strikes-nypd-patrol-vehicle-misses-officers-sitting-inside/2500243/
    I wonder why these sort of shootings rarely get posted in the Gun Violence thread...
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    RYME said:
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.
    Well I wasn't going for "funny", but thank you

The obvious point you are missing is that white people are the ones who think Trump is so great for black people and Hispanic people and any of the people we all know he does not care about.
    Sharing the opinion of one person does not change what we are seeing and reading and learning.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,611
    RYME said:
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.
    I wonder why these sort of shootings rarely get posted in the Gun Violence thread...
    Feel free to spend your day searching the web for every shooting article you can find. I’d appreciate the help in illustrating how ridiculous of a problem “responsible” gun owners are. But I’ll make it easy:

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

And look at all those shootings in red states. When are the repubs going to do something about it?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    RYME said:
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.

What "sort"of shootings are you referring to? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    RYME said:
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.
    Of course shootings are on the rise. Are you fucking alive in America right now or living in a bunker? There is intense civil unrest due to police violence and dissatisfaction over the incompetent dip shit's handling of coronavirus which he keeps saying will just go away. His response to everything is to just ignore it. You keep cherry picking when it's convenient to you and than accuse everyone else of putting their head in the sand.

One hot day of violence in July does not come down to which political party is in charge on that day. Politics is often part of the reason certain policies or lack thereof have led to increases though. Chicago has had a democratic mayor for the last 90 years so pull your head out of the sand and move beyond the political party. It comes down to the person, the people they surround themselves with and the leadership they exude. Some have been bad and some have been good. It's long, but maybe read through the history of why Chicago became more violent and why there has been a recent uptick in shootings.

One of the more recent consequence of a Trump presidency is that Rahm backed out of the agreement for police reform when Obama left office. The democratic Illinois AG had to sue the city to get them to follow through and that was finally settled this year so they are just in the initial stages of reform.

In January 2017 -- in perhaps the most damning, sweeping critique ever of the Chicago Police Department -- the U.S. Department of Justice concluded that the city's police officers are poorly trained and quick to turn to excessive and even deadly force, most often against blacks and Latino residents, without facing consequences.

Emanuel agreed to enter into a court-enforced consent decree with President Barack Obama's Justice Department, but plans fell apart after Donald Trump took office. An out-of-court agreement with the Trump administration was attempted, and later Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan sued City Hall to enforce a consent decree. In January 2019 a federal judge approved a decree, requiring the Chicago Police Department to implement changes over the next five years. Officer training, supervision and discipline will be affected, among other areas.

The number of homicides has fallen since the 2016 spike, with double-digit decreases in both 2017 and 2018. In 2019 Lori Lightfoot, former president of the Chicago Police Board and head of the Police Accountability Task Force, took over as Chicago Mayor. 2019 saw police chief Eddie Johnson fired and replaced by interim chief Charlie Beck, formerly of Los Angeles Police Department while homicide totals for the year were at the lowest since 2015.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-history-of-chicago-homicides-htmlstory.html

Similarly, do the same with NYC. A city that has flip flopped between republican and democratic, some good some bad, the last 90 years. If you don't want to do the research and instead pull 5 minute clips off YouTube of talking heads then enjoy your jaded view because that's all that is.

So far this year, police have solved just 28 percent of shootings with an arrest, Chief LiPetri said, even though that proportion is normally around half.

Often, investigators know who is responsible for a shooting but lack sufficient evidence to make an arrest. Victims often refuse to cooperate with police investigations, and witnesses are afraid of retaliation if they come forward.

The state’s new bail law and the pandemic have made it more difficult to build those cases, police officials have said, because it is harder for prosecutors to leverage their power to keep people behind bars.

Chief LiPetri said a slowdown in court proceedings because of the virus has also stymied the efforts to curb violence. Although police arrested more people for gun possession this year, he said many were released because their cases could not be presented to a grand jury within six days, the statutory limit for holding people in custody without an indictment.

About 800 gun cases are still waiting to be presented to grand juries, he said, and 40 percent of people arrested on gun possession charges had been released without bail so far this year.

In the past the New York police have relied on plainclothes “anti-crime units” to proactively hunt for people believed to be carrying illegal guns on the streets, but their aggressive tactics had led to many complaints and several police shootings. Commissioner Dermot F. Shea disbanded the units last week.

The city is instead leaning more heavily on nonprofits that employ “violence interrupters" — young men and women with past ties to gangs who intervene to try to stop street conflicts from escalating.

Not all of the areas of the city that have struggled with shootings in the past have seen increases. Iesha Sekou’s group, Street Corner Resources, oversees a stretch of Harlem that has not seen a shooting since April 25.

Ms. Sekou said the changes brought on by the pandemic as well as the weather have created a ripe environment for shootings to unfold. Her group has focused on keeping tabs on who is getting out of jail or prison, particularly if they have been involved in shootings, because they might have unfinished business.

Usually, there is a party to celebrate the occasion, and she shows up. "We would go over there and give out masks and gloves, and we would say, ‘We need y’all to make sure there’s no violence,’” she said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/23/nyregion/nyc-shootings-surge.html
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    RYME said:
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.
    Feel free to spend your day searching the web for every shooting article you can find. I’d appreciate the help in illustrating how ridiculous of a problem “responsible” gun owners are. But I’ll make it easy:

And look at all those shootings in red states. When are the repubs going to do something about it?
    I think you already have that covered: spending your day searching the web for shooting articles. You just cherry-pick what you post. You don't post when it's black-on-black crime or gun violence in democrat-ran cities...for obvious reasons. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    RYME said:
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.

I think you already have that covered: spending your day searching the web for shooting articles. You just cherry-pick what you post. You don't post when it's black-on-black crime or gun violence in democrat-ran cities...for obvious reasons. 
    I was under the impression that there is only crime and not crime. Not black on black crime or white on white crime or white on black crime etc...just crime. Am I wrong there?  I feel like the term black on black crime gets thrown around to take away some level of the seriousness of crime. Gun violence is gun violence in my mind.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden