Options

Black Lives Matter

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,647
    I don't hear many minorities making that claim.  They hold up a few and pretend that is voice for the many.
    Guessing you are white, making this claim.
    Low hanging fruit.  You're better than that.
    No, it is part of my point that I don't know a single black person saying this, nor a single Latino person.
    I get his point I just disagree....my PR relatives sure as heck don't think so after the hurricane.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,758
    I did read about one black man who thinks Trump has been good for blacks, but probably in in the way some might think. 

Citing the work of a University of a Washington political scientist, the Washington Post’s Dana Milbank said Donald Trump and his racist rhetoric have accelerated the decline of the Republican party in a country that is seeing major demographic changes and because white voters are increasingly turned off by it.

As Milbank wrote, four years ago Christopher Parker, who is Black, predicted a Trump candidacy would “do more to advance racial understanding than the election of Barack Obama.”

Writing in the American Prospect, Parker explained, “Trump’s clear bigotry makes it impossible for whites to deny the existence of racism in America. . . . His success clashes with many white Americans’ vision of the United States as a fair and just place.”

Turning back to Parker, who made the bold prediction about Trump before he was elected in 2016, the political scientist admitted he was pleased that he was correct.

“I know it sounds crazy, especially coming from a black man,” he told Milbank. “I think Trump actually is one of the best things that’s happened in this country.”

I'm pretty sure this is the Parker they are talking about:

https://www.polisci.washington.edu/people/christopher-sebastian-parker

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    brianlux said:
    I did read about one black man who thinks Trump has been good for blacks, but probably in in the way some might think. 

Citing the work of a University of a Washington political scientist, the Washington Post’s Dana Milbank said Donald Trump and his racist rhetoric have accelerated the decline of the Republican party in a country that is seeing major demographic changes and because white voters are increasingly turned off by it.

As Milbank wrote, four years ago Christopher Parker, who is Black, predicted a Trump candidacy would “do more to advance racial understanding than the election of Barack Obama.”

Writing in the American Prospect, Parker explained, “Trump’s clear bigotry makes it impossible for whites to deny the existence of racism in America. . . . His success clashes with many white Americans’ vision of the United States as a fair and just place.”

Turning back to Parker, who made the bold prediction about Trump before he was elected in 2016, the political scientist admitted he was pleased that he was correct.

“I know it sounds crazy, especially coming from a black man,” he told Milbank. “I think Trump actually is one of the best things that’s happened in this country.”

Apparently not quite “impossible”, but much more difficult than it used to be, particularly given recent events.  Silver lining here!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Apparently not quite “impossible”, but much more difficult than it used to be, particularly given recent events.  Silver lining here!

True!   Sadly, there are still those in denial about America's racism, or are actually proud of being racist. 

All this reminds me of what Henry Rollins said shortly after Trump was elected which was basically, "Well, at least now America is more transparent than ever".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    RYME said:
    Yeah I watched that too....and it is the opinion of one random guy.  
    (A random guy who apparently has never heard of the Internal Affairs division already present in most major police departments )
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.
    Ok stick your heads in the sand ostriches.  You are a joke!
    How did the big cities run by democrates do this past weekend?  NYC?> Chicago?> Atlanta,> Philadelphia>>>
    https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/chicago-gun-violence-2-children-among-several-killed-over-fourth-of-july-weekend/
    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/bullet-strikes-nypd-patrol-vehicle-misses-officers-sitting-inside/2500243/
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/05/us/chicago-shootings-july-4-weekend/index.html
    "Those news sources you list have all been taken over by the left.  Journalism is pretty much dead in mainstream media."

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,651
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    (A random guy who apparently has never heard of the Internal Affairs division already present in most major police departments )
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.
    How did the big cities run by democrates do this past weekend?  NYC?> Chicago?> Atlanta,> Philadelphia>>>
    https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/chicago-gun-violence-2-children-among-several-killed-over-fourth-of-july-weekend/
    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/bullet-strikes-nypd-patrol-vehicle-misses-officers-sitting-inside/2500243/
    I wonder why these sort of shootings rarely get posted in the Gun Violence thread...
    It would be a full time job for anyone to post all of the shootings that occur in this country daily. The gun violence thread exists because many refuse to acknowledge that we need to make a change to gun ownership and requirements of such in this country. Those articles only further exemplify why gun reform is needed. 
    Fair enough, and I'm not saying every shooting should be posted. But where's the criticism of the leaders of those violence cities? Shouldn't the mayor of Chicago be called upon to fight for gun reform more than anyone? 
    Why does it have to be up to the political leaders of either party? Why can’t it be up to “responsible” gun owners? After all, every firearm enters the market as a legal firearm and every initial purchase of said firearm is by a “responsible” gun owner.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    edited July 2020
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    RYME said:
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.
    I wonder why these sort of shootings rarely get posted in the Gun Violence thread...
    Feel free to spend your day searching the web for every shooting article you can find. I’d appreciate the help in illustrating how ridiculous of a problem “responsible” gun owners are. But I’ll make it easy:

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

And look at all those shootings in red states. When are the repubs going to do something about it?
    I think you already have that covered: spending your day searching the web for shooting articles. You just cherry-pick what you post. You don't post when it's black-on-black crime or gun violence in democrat-ran cities...for obvious reasons. 
    I was under the impression that there is only crime and not crime. Not black on black crime or white on white crime or white on black crime etc...just crime. Am I wrong there?  I feel like the term black on black crime gets thrown around to take away some level of the seriousness of crime. Gun violence is gun violence in my mind.
    I always view being told race within crime stats isn’t important is a way of trying to avoid that conversation. It’s important.
    Heres the stats from FBI data

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-3.xls

Homicide victims:
    52% white,  43% black

For white victims:
    White offender 81%
    Black offender 15%

For black victims:
    white offender 7%
    Black offender 90%

Why can’t we talk about this? When blacks make up about 15% of the country, but we have data like this we can’t talk about it?

B on W violence is twice as high as W on B.
    Black deaths make up almost half the victims. 
    Everyone knows gang violence is a major problem, but we can’t talk about it.

Now I don’t think murder and violence is a black problem. It’s mostly a poverty problem. and a few other major issues that effect black communities more. But we won’t solve anything if we can’t talk about it.
    I would say look deeper at the policies that have created communities with less opportunity and a higher incidence of crime. Redlining, eminent domain, FBI involvement in deligitimizing Black owned businesses especially bookstores up until the mid 1970’s, CIA funneling of crack cocaine to support Latin American guerilla armies. Racism against black people in general that is in fact contrary to popular belief still a thing.  Never getting promised reparations to help create a more equitable society. Gentrification. Generational trauma among other things.  But sure let’s say black on black crime so we don’t have to view it as a problem for all Americans especially the majority.  When people talk about defunding the police and cutting the pentagons budget, they are talking about investing in these communities to make opportunities and an equitable society possible.   Othering a group by saying black on black crime as if it isn’t a problem for all Americans is not helping anyone and does absolutely nothing to address the underlying causes or what can be done to improve the lives of people living in economically disadvantaged areas.  The real conversation that people want to avoid is how long America has turned it’s backs on the most vulnerable populations, not just African Americans, but low income people of all races, trans, gay, Latinx, Asian and anyone that doesn’t fit into the societal definition of a “productive American”. The real question is what does dividing crime statistics by race actually bring to the discussion?
    I acknowledge a deeper root to the problem, just didn’t get into it. Poverty is still the biggest contribution, but many things contribute to poverty.
    You can’t solve a problem if you refuse to acknowledge it. If gun violence is a problem, don’t just blindly make gun laws. Find out what the problem is and address that. Knowing how crime stats break down racially can help answer some of those questions.

You don’t see any value in knowing which communities statistically suffer from more crime? How would you know where to put those extra resources you were talking about if you don’t know that?

We already know which communities statistically suffer from more crime - the ones that are socioeconomically disadvantaged. Their skin colour doesn't matter - it's the same story whether the inhabitants are white, Black, Latino, Asian, etc. "Breaking it down by race" adds nothing productive. 
    Somehow I believe of the data was reversed, if white on black crime was far worse, or if whites committed far more crimes their their respective population, it would be talked about a lot more.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    RYME said:
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.
    Feel free to spend your day searching the web for every shooting article you can find. I’d appreciate the help in illustrating how ridiculous of a problem “responsible” gun owners are. But I’ll make it easy:

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

And look at all those shootings in red states. When are the repubs going to do something about it?
    I think you already have that covered: spending your day searching the web for shooting articles. You just cherry-pick what you post. You don't post when it's black-on-black crime or gun violence in democrat-ran cities...for obvious reasons. 
    I was under the impression that there is only crime and not crime. Not black on black crime or white on white crime or white on black crime etc...just crime. Am I wrong there?  I feel like the term black on black crime gets thrown around to take away some level of the seriousness of crime. Gun violence is gun violence in my mind.
    I always view being told race within crime stats isn’t important is a way of trying to avoid that conversation. It’s important.
    Heres the stats from FBI data

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-3.xls

Homicide victims:
    52% white,  43% black

For white victims:
    White offender 81%
    Black offender 15%

For black victims:
    white offender 7%
    Black offender 90%

Why can’t we talk about this? When blacks make up about 15% of the country, but we have data like this we can’t talk about it?

B on W violence is twice as high as W on B.
    Black deaths make up almost half the victims. 
    Everyone knows gang violence is a major problem, but we can’t talk about it.

Now I don’t think murder and violence is a black problem. It’s mostly a poverty problem. and a few other major issues that effect black communities more. But we won’t solve anything if we can’t talk about it.
    I would say look deeper at the policies that have created communities with less opportunity and a higher incidence of crime. Redlining, eminent domain, FBI involvement in deligitimizing Black owned businesses especially bookstores up until the mid 1970’s, CIA funneling of crack cocaine to support Latin American guerilla armies. Racism against black people in general that is in fact contrary to popular belief still a thing.  Never getting promised reparations to help create a more equitable society. Gentrification. Generational trauma among other things.  But sure let’s say black on black crime so we don’t have to view it as a problem for all Americans especially the majority.  When people talk about defunding the police and cutting the pentagons budget, they are talking about investing in these communities to make opportunities and an equitable society possible.   Othering a group by saying black on black crime as if it isn’t a problem for all Americans is not helping anyone and does absolutely nothing to address the underlying causes or what can be done to improve the lives of people living in economically disadvantaged areas.  The real conversation that people want to avoid is how long America has turned it’s backs on the most vulnerable populations, not just African Americans, but low income people of all races, trans, gay, Latinx, Asian and anyone that doesn’t fit into the societal definition of a “productive American”. The real question is what does dividing crime statistics by race actually bring to the discussion?
    I acknowledge a deeper root to the problem, just didn’t get into it. Poverty is still the biggest contribution, but many things contribute to poverty.
    You can’t solve a problem if you refuse to acknowledge it. If gun violence is a problem, don’t just blindly make gun laws. Find out what the problem is and address that. Knowing how crime stats break down racially can help answer some of those questions.

You don’t see any value in knowing which communities statistically suffer from more crime? How would you know where to put those extra resources you were talking about if you don’t know that?

We already know which communities statistically suffer from more crime - the ones that are socioeconomically disadvantaged. Their skin colour doesn't matter - it's the same story whether the inhabitants are white, Black, Latino, Asian, etc. "Breaking it down by race" adds nothing productive. 
    Somehow I believe of the data was reversed, if white on black crime was far worse, or if whites committed far more crimes their their respective population, it would be talked about a lot more.
    Why do you believe that?

Edit: To put some parameters around that, I guess we’d need to know if you posit this increase in white crime given the current socioeconomic realities, or assuming the socioeconomic realities were reversed. Because if white people retained their socioeconomic position relative to black people and yet had higher crime rates, that would be quite interesting and worth studying. 

Otherwise, it simply mirrors what we know about crime in virtually every developed society. 
    Post edited by oftenreading on
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.
    It would be a full time job for anyone to post all of the shootings that occur in this country daily. The gun violence thread exists because many refuse to acknowledge that we need to make a change to gun ownership and requirements of such in this country. Those articles only further exemplify why gun reform is needed. 
    Fair enough, and I'm not saying every shooting should be posted. But where's the criticism of the leaders of those violence cities? Shouldn't the mayor of Chicago be called upon to fight for gun reform more than anyone? 
    Why does it have to be up to the political leaders of either party? Why can’t it be up to “responsible” gun owners? After all, every firearm enters the market as a legal firearm and every initial purchase of said firearm is by a “responsible” gun owner.
    This is ridiculous. Yeah elected officials shouldn’t bother. Illegal arms dealers and crooked gun show salesman should just learn to be more responsible. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.
    Actually, the mayor of Chicago is pretty active in discussions around gun control, but the majority of guns used in crime in Chicago come from out of state. 
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    Keep on educating.....

What a joke.
    This is ridiculous. Yeah elected officials shouldn’t bother. Illegal arms dealers and crooked gun show salesman should just learn to be more responsible. 
    So being “responsible” doesn’t matter anymore? I thought the repub mantra was “personal responsibility?” And did I say elected officials shouldn’t bother?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    https://youtu.be/NB18QZfg2ao
    Here is the other mindset that's out there.  You do not hear from a lot of these people for obvious reasons but they are out there in bigger numbers than the polls reflect.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,647
    Ha.  He lost me at having friends over, them bringing their kids, and going to the beach.
    Pandemic, anyone?
    Watched until he started cursing out anyone who sets off fireworks before or after the fourth and then laid down the line I love the most - will make me stop listening to pretty much anyone - "I don't care what anyone else thinks"

Not sure what he was going to end up sharing but since you are sharing I am guessing it was something in support of Trump and against Black Lives Matter movement and protests.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    RYME said:
    Here is the other mindset that's out there.  You do not hear from a lot of these people for obvious reasons but they are out there in bigger numbers than the polls reflect.

He lost me at "Commiefornia". 
    Pass.

• Options
    RYME said:
    Social media can’t possibly influence an election, haven’t you heard?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ha.  He lost me at having friends over, them bringing their kids, and going to the beach.
    Pandemic, anyone?
    Watched until he started cursing out anyone who sets off fireworks before or after the fourth and then laid down the line I love the most - will make me stop listening to pretty much anyone - "I don't care what anyone else thinks"

Not sure what he was going to end up sharing but since you are sharing I am guessing it was something in support of Trump and against Black Lives Matter movement and protests.

Well fuck me sideways, I stopped right there.

Idiots are idiots; has zero to do with skin color.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,007
    Idiots  are all over the  place. 
    We were just saying that sitting here now.
    It is amazing to me the gulf between the  idiots and the more intelligent.  No mid range even
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Pandemic, anyone?

Thank you!!
    That is what many others and myself have been trying to say all along.  I guess sorry it took a doozy of a video to get that out.  Does that apply to the police as well?  Idiots are idiots and it has nothing to do with skin color!!  Thats right!!
    Now I like California I even have a surfing bear hat and I lived out there for a year back in 1999 - 2000.
    So too bad that you stopped listening there Brian, now I don't know this dude and I don't know where he's from.  In a very strong tone,  saying that he is proud of the red white and blue.  And it is cool to be patriotic towards the United States of America and thankful.
    But I understand in this circle that way of thinking is not very popular. And a black person who voices their love of country is considered to be an outlier.  There's a lot more of these outliers than you think.  No he did not mention Donald Trump's name once.
    *Fireworks during all those riot were cool and for a just cause right?  But fireworks over Mount Rushmore were going to cause massive forest fires CNN warned earlier in the day Friday July 3rd.  But fireworks in Celebration of America is often frowned upon by the left on the Fourth of July.
    Now,
    This lady is much more easy-going about it.
    Not so brash.  Doesn't mention California or fireworks nothing idiotic like that.
    https://www.prageru.com/video/black-lives-matter-is-a-marxist-movement/
    This is not done by Dennis Prager.  This video is done by
    Professor Carol M. Swain
    Most prageru videos are not done by Dennis Prager himself, just a handfull, but are an ongoing collection of different topics presented by people from many walks of life.
    This one just came out Monday. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    edited July 2020
    RYME said:
    hedonist said:
    Pandemic, anyone?

Thank you!!
    That is what many others and myself have been trying to say all along.  I guess sorry it took a doozy of a video to get that out.  Does that apply to the police as well?  Idiots are idiots and it has nothing to do with skin color!!  Thats right!!
    Now I like California I even have a surfing bear hat and I lived out there for a year back in 1999 - 2000.
    So too bad that you stopped listening there Brian, now I don't know this dude and I don't know where he's from.  In a very strong tone,  saying that he is proud of the red white and blue.  And it is cool to be patriotic towards the United States of America and thankful.
    But I understand in this circle that way of thinking is not very popular. And a black person who voices their love of country is considered to be an outlier.  There's a lot more of these outliers than you think.  No he did not mention Donald Trump's name once.
    *Fireworks during all those riot were cool and for a just cause right?  But fireworks over Mount Rushmore were going to cause massive forest fires CNN warned earlier in the day Friday July 3rd.  But fireworks in Celebration of America is often frowned upon by the left on the Fourth of July.
    Now,
    Not so brash.  Doesn't mention California or fireworks nothing idiotic like that.
    Professor Carol M. Swain
    Most prageru videos are not done by Dennis Prager himself, just a handfull, but are an ongoing collection of different topics presented by people from many walks of life.
    What is with you and the fireworks? CNN didn't say they couldn't have fireworks and it wasn't some conspiracy. Sure, it's probably mostly liberals that have helped stop them from occurring there because, you know, the environment and concerns of fire, but not some anti-American conspiracy crap. This type of thinking is equivalent to the idiots that don't think the fire bans apply to them during dry seasons. Haven't we had enough wildfires? And Christ, just because it didn't end up starting a fire didn't justify it. That's some backwards logic. Should I apply that to driving my car without a seatbelt and not crashing or smoking a cigarette while I pump gas? If nothing happens, then it's ok, right?
    Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    hedonist said:
    Pandemic, anyone?

Thank you!!
    Now,
    Professor Carol M. Swain
    What is with you and the fireworks? CNN didn't say they couldn't have fireworks and it wasn't some conspiracy. Sure, it's probably mostly liberals that have helped stop them from occurring there because, you know, the environment and concerns of fire, but not some anti-American conspiracy crap. This type of thinking is equivalent to the idiots that don't think the fire bans apply to them during dry seasons. Haven't we had enough wildfires? And Christ, just because it didn't end up starting a fire didn't justify it. That's some backwards logic. Should I apply that to driving my car without a seatbelt and not crashing or smoking a cigarette while I pump gas? If nothing happens, then it's ok, right?
    Were there even fireworks during the protests? I don't think I heard of any. Guess I didn't get the opportunity to be "cool", or not, with them. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558
    hedonist said:
    Pandemic, anyone?

No it does not
    Idiots, like racists, homophobes, and anti-semites, are everywhere...
    America
    Europe
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue 
    PJ fan board
    Everywhere
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Professor Carol M Swain is about as woke as you can get.

Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    RYME said:
    Professor Carol M Swain is about as woke as you can get.

I always laugh at this stuff “dismantle the nuclear family” as if capitalism isn’t doing that by forcing mothers and fathers to work constantly and send their kids to babysitters day cares etc.  I believe that BLM actually advocates for building community beyond the nuclear family not destroying the nuclear family unit.  I don’t see this as a negative.  We need more community in our lives
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    Pandemic, anyone?

No it does not
    Idiots, like racists, homophobes, and anti-semites, are everywhere...
    America
    Europe
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue 
    PJ fan board
    Everywhere
    I believe you confirmed my point. 
  • Options
    RYME said:
    hedonist said:
    Pandemic, anyone?

Thank you!!
    Now,
    Professor Carol M. Swain

Well, here's the thing, RYME, California is a state by definition, but a country of its own by character.  I have so often heard people characterize California in disparaging terms (like the way that guy did).  I'm not personally offended by that- I just happen to have been born here and have lived here most of my life- I didn't make the place what it is.  But when people make stupid generalizations like this guy. I know what there trip is about and I'm not game to go along for their ride. 

As far as it being "cool to be patriotic towards the United States of America and thankful",  I'll go along with being thankful to live here and not it some other parts of the world, but I'd be willing to bet some parts are better than others. Same within the U.S.  I don't know how you can be proud of a country as a whole when it is, in reality, so very many different places.   And I'm more prone to be impressed by individuals, not groups of people, more enamored of certain places, especially particular bio-regions, and my only general allegiance to any one place is to planet Earth (although, according to the late great Sun Ra, Saturn is said to be a very marvelous place.)  

• Options
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:
    hedonist said:
    Pandemic, anyone?

Thank you!!
    Now,
    Professor Carol M. Swain

Well, here's the thing, RYME, California is a state by definition, but a country of its own by character.  I have so often heard people characterize California in disparaging terms (like the way that guy did).  I'm not personally offended by that- I just happen to have been born here and have lived here most of my life- I didn't make the place what it is.  But when people make stupid generalizations like this guy. I know what there trip is about and I'm not game to go along for their ride. 

As far as it being "cool to be patriotic towards the United States of America and thankful",  I'll go along with being thankful to live here and not it some other parts of the world, but I'd be willing to bet some parts are better than others. Same within the U.S.  I don't know how you can be proud of a country as a whole when it is, in reality, so very many different places.   And I'm more prone to be impressed by individuals, not groups of people, more enamored of certain places, especially particular bio-regions, and my only general allegiance to any one place is to planet Earth (although, according to the late great Sun Ra, Saturn is said to be a very marvelous place.)  

A nice place, though a bit gassy. 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    RYME said:
    hedonist said:
    Pandemic, anyone?

Thank you!!
    Now,
    Professor Carol M. Swain

A nice place, though a bit gassy. 

LOL, could be why Sony chose to hang out with us here on Planet Earth for awhile!
    Act Like You Know Sun Ra  A Blog Supreme  NPR

• Options
    Side note - patriotism is more often than not a pernicious force that leads to behaviour better avoided altogether. 
  • Options
    Side note - patriotism is more often than not a pernicious force that leads to behaviour better avoided altogether. 

This!

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."
    -Samuel Johnson

"Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings."
    -Bob Dylan

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Try Listening to this guy for a few weeks. Expand your knowledge.  Very down to earth very insightful.  This is where i get most of my news from.  Before you dismiss it because I like it give it a shot.
    The Sage From South Central.
    https://www.larryelder.com/
    Post edited by RYME on