Options

The Last “Dance” ESPN Documentary

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Here’s something topical from Episode 5.  I got this back in 1993.

Check out this one my sister got me for 10 bucks at a yard sale. XXL so I can never wear it. But it’s awesome. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Now properly on display. I hadn’t unpacked it since I moved into my new house....

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059

Check out this one my sister got me for 10 bucks at a yard sale. XXL so I can never wear it. But it’s awesome. 

I wonder how Nike made that considering Reebok was the sponsor and made the Dream Team uniforms?
  • Options

I wonder how Nike made that considering Reebok was the sponsor and made the Dream Team uniforms?
    I think it's an after-the-fact sort of thing. I don't think this was released in the 90's, but was like a commemorative thing that Nike must have gotten the rights to. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,797
    It looks like a commemorative label but I am not quite the official gear aficionado. So maybe they now (or at some point between now and then) own(ed) the rights to produce  these?

Anyhow, how do you know Reebok sponsored those uniforms? I don't remember seeing their logo on Jordan's jacket when he received his gold medal.  =)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    It looks like a commemorative label but I am not quite the official gear aficionado. So maybe they now (or at some point between now and then) own(ed) the rights to produce  these?

Anyhow, how do you know Reebok sponsored those uniforms? I don't remember seeing their logo on Jordan's jacket when he received his gold medal.  =)
    I remember this story perfectly on why.

When they were on the podiums Jordan didn't want to wear the jersey because he was w Nike.  He went up and excepted his medal draped in the American Flag.

They touched on it last night too.

MJMondays MJ Covers Up Reebok At The 1992 Olympics - Air Jordans
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    I have an old North Carolina jersey I got around 1991.  Still have it and wear to the gym on occasion (or used to at gym anyway).  In honor of MJ, of course.
  • Options
    https://www.essentiallysports.com/nba-news-how-unanticipated-brand-crisis-at-the-olympics-hit-the-dream-team-and-michael-jordan/

More on that.

Years ago I remember reading about it in a magazine.  Thought that was a cool move by him.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    I had forgotten Kukoc was drafted by Chicago in 1990.  If Jordan hadn't retired and played the 1993-1994 season, they probably would have gone 72-10 or better with that squad.  I remember Grant and Armstrong making the All-Star team in 1994 during the first year of Jordan's first retirement.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options

Another story about how incredulously competitive Michael Jordan could/can be.  That was crazy he was playing for money by trying to toss quarters as closely as possible to the wall in the locker room.  I wonder how that game actually came about.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

When they were on the podiums Jordan didn't want to wear the jersey because he was w Nike.  He went up and excepted his medal draped in the American Flag.

I believe he was being sarcastic...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I thought so after I posted, lol.
  • Options

I think the actual jersey's were mesh with the pressed vinyl for the numbers/fonts too
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Yes, he most certainly was!  =)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

I thought you knew me better than that, Sockman! :rofl: 

It was a great move too. Surely Reebok couldn't make a public fuss about the GOAT on an Olympic stage wearing an American Flag. Now, it really would have been awesome had he gotten the entire team to do it!
  • Options

It was a great move too. Surely Reebok couldn't make a public fuss about the GOAT on an Olympic stage wearing an American Flag. Now, it really would have been awesome had he gotten the entire team to do it!
    Can you imagine if he wore the Italian flag instead?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Can you imagine if he wore the Italian flag instead?
    Shit, or a royal mantle, I mean c'mon he truly was king of the world.

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Love this series.  
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,945

why can't you wear it? Too big?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,645
    I laughed at Barkley saying that he wasn't going to allow them to lose that game.  He says that after the won.  I am sure he felt that way about every game.  I'm a Barkley fan and watching that reminded me of how much I wanted the Sun's to stop the three peat, but still enjoyed the heck out of that series.
    Great ball 

Wish I still liked it.  Stopped watching......I don't know when.  Those 2000 Lakers teams I always liked Shaq but the stupid flags all over everyone's cars annoyed the hell out of me.

This really is a compelling series.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Waayyyyyy too big. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    I got to thinking about it and I don't believe they ever really discussed how Kukoc and the team ultimately got along. I know it was a tumultuous albeit not personal start st the Olympics, but what about after he spent time with the team? You'd think they got along well enough, but I felt Kukoc may have come off during the interviews with a chip on his shoulder.
  • Options
    I got to thinking about it and I don't believe they ever really discussed how Kukoc and the team ultimately got along. I know it was a tumultuous albeit not personal start st the Olympics, but what about after he spent time with the team? You'd think they got along well enough, but I felt Kukoc may have come off during the interviews with a chip on his shoulder.
    I see this as backstory and how everyone got to where they are.  Like blips of Ron Harper and Cartwright.

Where is Luc Longley at, lol? Wennington?
  • Options

Waayyyyyy too big. 
    oh that kinda sucks.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Wasn't Drazen Petrovic also on that Croatia team? I think he was Croatian (or Yugoslavian or something).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    Kukoc was a stretch four before it was cool
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110

Wasn't Drazen Petrovic also on that Croatia team? I think he was Croatian (or Yugoslavian or something).
    Yes, Petrovic played on that 92 Croatian team. If I remember correctly, there were 4 or 5 on that team that made it to the NBA. Dino Radja comes to mind.

Petrovic, Kukoc, and Vlade Divac played on the 88 Yugoslavia team. If you haven't, watch the Once Brothers 30 for 30. That, imo, is one of the best of the 30 for 30 series.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640

Yeah. Radja, Petrovic, Kukoc.   Croatia was really good.  Add in Goran Ivanisevic and you wonder how that country had so many awesome athletes at once.  

I agree i havent seen anything on Luc Longley yet. That’s crazy.  
  • Options

Waayyyyyy too big. 
    oh that kinda sucks.

Nah not really. I haven't worn an replica NBA jersey since like junior high. I have this hung on the wall. Frankly, it's cooler than any of my posters or other things I have hung up. Well except maybe...

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Yeah. Radja, Petrovic, Kukoc.   Croatia was really good.  Add in Goran Ivanisevic and you wonder how that country had so many awesome athletes at once.  

I agree i havent seen anything on Luc Longley yet. That’s crazy.  

they had a good team. Wonder how Drazen would have done in the NBA if he wasn't killed? Would he have won a championship? Been a huge NBA star?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD