Options

The Last “Dance” ESPN Documentary

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Heard this on ESPN Golic and Wingo this morning.

The interviewer Jason Hehir that did Rodman, approached him about the documentary and told him it was a 10hr doc on the Bulls.

Rodman said 10hrs huh?  You've got 10 minutes.  He looked at his notes and knew that it would take over an hour to finish the interview.

Rodman then says to him "But if I'm gonna do this I need a tuna hero from Subway and some Chamomile tea"

Rodman talked for 3 hours, lol.

Also did anyone see the Late, Great Craig Sager give Rodman that money to "pay his fine"?!?  That was hysterical!
    What the hell is a tuna hero?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059

The interviewer Jason Hehir that did Rodman, approached him about the documentary and told him it was a 10hr doc on the Bulls.

Rodman said 10hrs huh?  You've got 10 minutes.  He looked at his notes and knew that it would take over an hour to finish the interview.

Rodman then says to him "But if I'm gonna do this I need a tuna hero from Subway and some Chamomile tea"

Also did anyone see the Late, Great Craig Sager give Rodman that money to "pay his fine"?!?  That was hysterical!
    I wrote all of that and that's what you got out of it, lol?!?

Hoagie, po boy, sub, HERO...
  • Options

Everything other than hoagie here appears to be gibberish...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Everything other than hoagie here appears to be gibberish...
    You need to get out more, lol.

First time I heard the term Po' boy I was like what the fuck is that?
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    It's cool watching the "Bad Boys" 30-for-30 perspective on the Bulls-Pistons and then this perspective.  The whole walking off the court in 1991 really was a bitch move by the Pistons.  That team really was a bunch of assholes, but they certainly admitted to being just that.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    It's cool watching the "Bad Boys" 30-for-30 perspective on the Bulls-Pistons and then this perspective.  The whole walking off the court in 1991 really was a bitch move by the Pistons.  That team really was a bunch of assholes, but they certainly admitted to being just that.
    God bless Bill Laimbeer!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    God bless Bill Laimbeer!
    Of all the Pistons players, I despised Laimbeer the most.  What a prick that guys was. 

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,797
    bbiggs said:
    God bless Bill Laimbeer!
    Of all the Pistons players, I despised Laimbeer the most.  What a prick that guys was. 

Agreed! First thing I think about when it comes to the Detroit Pistons, is how big of a prick Laimbeer was. I love that the hatred for the teams was real, not just fan driven. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938
    bbiggs said:
    God bless Bill Laimbeer!

Agreed! First thing I think about when it comes to the Detroit Pistons, is how big of a prick Laimbeer was. I love that the hatred for the teams was real, not just fan driven. 
    Amazoncom Detroit Pistons Bad Boys Apparel- Authentic Vintage

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited April 2020
    The best thing i ever heard about Rodman was a story told by Isiah.   They were warming up one day at shootaround and Rodman wasnt participating.  He was just standing there.  

So Isiah said “Dennis! Join the group!”   

Dennis said “im studying.”   “Studying what?”

”well your jumper is rotating three times lately.  Joe is at about two, Vinnie....etc”.  

He actually mentioned that somewhat last night.  He memorized ball rotations for opponents to know where balls would go on missed shots and also his own teammates for offensive boards.  Genius
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    God bless Bill Laimbeer!

I had this one

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,797
    bbiggs said:
    God bless Bill Laimbeer!

Ugh....
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    God bless Bill Laimbeer!

I had this one

That's why I remembered the Bad Boys shirt. I remember a few kids in high school had the thump and bump shirt.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    God bless Bill Laimbeer!

I had this one

That's why I remembered the Bad Boys shirt. I remember a few kids in high school had the thump and bump shirt.
    Man, I loved that 89/90 Sixers squad!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    God bless Bill Laimbeer!

I had this one

I saw that squad a lot.  That was peak Barkley IMO.  Miss the Spectrum
  • Options

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    edited April 2020
    I was surprised they didn't use Black, Red and Yellow for any part of the Rodman segment. They did show him in a Pearl Jam shirt for a minute.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    God bless Bill Laimbeer!

I had this one

my first game was then. I won tix through the radio and my mom drove me to the game. They beat The Pacers. Hersey Hawkins had a real good game.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    bbiggs said:
    God bless Bill Laimbeer!

I had this one

my first game was then. I won tix through the radio and my mom drove me to the game. They beat The Pacers. Hersey Hawkins had a real good game.

1988-89 was the first full year of following the NBA since it was the first year with cable for me so I watched a ton, including the Knicks sweep of the Sixers in the first round.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    bbiggs said:
    God bless Bill Laimbeer!

I had this one

1988-89 was the first full year of following the NBA since it was the first year with cable for me so I watched a ton, including the Knicks sweep of the Sixers in the first round.
    Handle/post?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Hawkins Dawkins Barkley Mahorn
    I watched that team a lot on satellite.  Loved them, that was my favorite team.  Was a Barkley fan throughout his time, rooted for whatever team he was on.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I like how this got derailed to the Sixers :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Of all the good Philly teams in my lifetime, that 89/90 Sixers squad might still be top five for me....even though they only last two rounds. Fucking Bulls!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Sixers Fan in 1989/1990 - Fucking Bulls!
    Bulls Fan in 1989/1990 - Fucking Pistons!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Sixers Fan in 1989/1990 - Fucking Bulls!
    Bulls Fan in 1989/1990 - Fucking Pistons!
    Oh no I hated the Pistons as well back then. Remember that Barkley/Lambier brawl?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tomorrow nights looks pretty good with episodes 5 and 6. 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    I watched Game 7 against the Pacers from the 98 conference finals.  Absolute slugfest and obvious both teams had given everything they had.  Two things stood out.  The Bulls dominated on the offensive glass and the other being they probably don’t win if not for Kukoc blowing up in the 3rd quarter.  Does anyone know why Rodman didn’t start that game?
  • Options
    They benched Rodman for entire Series at a time based on the matchup
  • Options
    I saw a story on ESPN where MJ said that was the scariest game they ever faced.  The Pacers jumped out to a double-digit lead in that game and it looked like they were taking advantage of Kukoc not able to defend in the paint.  I hope they go over this series in the documentary.  I would love to hear why Jackson thought Kukoc was a better matchup.
  • Options
    I think it was to space the floor.  Draw Dale Davis out of the paint