Options

The Last “Dance” ESPN Documentary

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,797
    Just watched episode 1. My god those were great times! Truly the GOAT and it isn't even close! 

Something else I remember (at least I think I remember it correctly) is that the Admiral....my favorite non-Bull of all time, wanted to come to Chicago if they brought the team back together for the 98-99 season. If that is true as I remember believing it was, they undoubtedly would have 4-peated. 

And those team intros....got goosebumps 22 years later. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    Wobbie said:
    Never was a bulls fan, actually always rooted against them, watched the first episode and it's really cool
    Never was a bulls fan, actually always rooted against them, watched the first episode and it's really cool
    I am in that same boat. Respected the hell out of that team, but always rooted against them. I had a buddy in high school who was from Chicago and he was insufferable about the Bulls. Probably what made me dislike them.
    Same. I HATED the bulls and Jordan after that reverse he did going to the rim that he didn't need to against the Lakers...

Always respected the team, Jordan and Pippen.  It was when Rodman joined the team that I became a fan though.  I followed the worm since the Pistons days.
    Yeah I grew to like them towards the end too. 

fraud.
    Liking a team is not the same thing is having multiple rooting interests in multiple cities. Like you, my friend. 
    HEY!  I have multiple rooting interests!  I just enjoy sports in general and applaud excellence wherever it may be.
  • Options
    Just watched episode 1. My god those were great times! Truly the GOAT and it isn't even close! 

Something else I remember (at least I think I remember it correctly) is that the Admiral....my favorite non-Bull of all time, wanted to come to Chicago if they brought the team back together for the 98-99 season. If that is true as I remember believing it was, they undoubtedly would have 4-peated. 

And those team intros....got goosebumps 22 years later. 
    Were the Bulls the first to do those crazy intros?  I remember watching them and no one else was doing them though.  It was a show before the show.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Wobbie said:
    I am in that same boat. Respected the hell out of that team, but always rooted against them. I had a buddy in high school who was from Chicago and he was insufferable about the Bulls. Probably what made me dislike them.
    Same. I HATED the bulls and Jordan after that reverse he did going to the rim that he didn't need to against the Lakers...

Always respected the team, Jordan and Pippen.  It was when Rodman joined the team that I became a fan though.  I followed the worm since the Pistons days.
    Yeah I grew to like them towards the end too. 

fraud.
    Liking a team is not the same thing is having multiple rooting interests in multiple cities. Like you, my friend. 
    HEY!  I have multiple rooting interests!  I just enjoy sports in general and applaud excellence wherever it may be.
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/121118/are-you-a-sports-fan-fraud/p1
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Ready for tonight! 
  • Options
    If anyone has some Michael Jordan and bulls cards in general I would dig them up and dust them off.  
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited April 2020
    If anyone has some Michael Jordan and bulls cards in general I would dig them up and dust them off.  
    I have quite a few from 87-92.  I was smart enough back then to put them in glass card holders. I know they arent worth hundreds but im sure they’re worth a lot more than the $.50 a pack i got them from.  Wish i had an 84 fleer lol.  Should’ve sold my Sega and NES back then and bought one. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    I have quite a few from 87-92.  I was smart enough back then to put them in glass card holders. I know they arent worth hundreds but im sure they’re worth a lot more than the $.50 a pack i got them from.  Wish i had an 84 fleer lol.  Should’ve sold my Sega and NES back then and bought one. 
    If they are screw downs take them out, immediately.  The card you are thinking of is the 86 Fleer and yes, I wish I had bought some back in the day too.

This is my PSA to everyone, if you have cards and are curious what they are worth I can help you out.  90's cards are doing very well on the secondary.  PM me if you need some help with something as i love, love, love talking cards.
  • Options
    Will do man!
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    This documentary has given me something to look forward to each weekend.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,243
    edited April 2020
    Son has a fleer rookie stashed away...his wall though.
    Post edited by elvistheking44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    ^^^^^nice!   Would be awesome to have a signed MJ piece.  

I have a signed Kobe book so that’s cool
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Nothing signed but the respect is on display in my home as well. The posters go back to like junior high  

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    "Straight up bitches" 

I died
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,797
    How many PJ poster offers have you received in exchange for the MJ jersey?  ;)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    No Vedder or PJ music in the Rodman episode (( only this
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938
    I missed it last week but pretty much caught up now. I did miss like the first 15 minutes of episode 1.  I was never a huge Bulls fan but respected the hell out of them especially MJ.

Side note when Rage Against the Machine's "Bulls on Parade" came out I thought it was about the Bulls winning the NBA Championship :lol: Kinda made sense it came out in '96 and the Bulls were the best team on  the planet back then.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Nice piece!  I think the Bulls were one of the first teams to do an alternate Jersey?

I have a golf card signed by him.  Buddy of mine was caddying in Hawaii and asked him to sign it.

Note: I spent thousands and thousands of dollars on basketball cards in my younger years and never pulled a Jordan auto.  Got a Lebron auto once, sold it, should have kept that...

• Options
    So Back on topic!

This episode focused on The Worm.  I mentioned before that I loved Rodman and followed his career very closely.  I remember an article when he was on the Bulls about him doing rebounding shooting drills with Pippen and Jordan, that he would watch their shots in practice for hours.

I was very glad to hear those words come from Rodman last night.  His commitment to defense was unparalleled.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    I thought the segment covering the transition between Doug Collins and Phil Jackson was really interesting.  Tex Winter was actually on the staff before either of them and was a big reason why Collins was fired.  I had forgotten that Jackson was an assistant on Collins' staff.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Worm breaking down the triangle...

https://youtu.be/GYe7ce4hFlI
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Nice piece!  I think the Bulls were one of the first teams to do an alternate Jersey?

I have a golf card signed by him.  Buddy of mine was caddying in Hawaii and asked him to sign it.

Note: I spent thousands and thousands of dollars on basketball cards in my younger years and never pulled a Jordan auto.  Got a Lebron auto once, sold it, should have kept that...

I have a few MJ basketball cards. I'll have to find them. I collected sports cards back then but basketball was the least I collected. I think I probably have every SI cover of him on it since i began my subscription around '88.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    "Straight up bitches" 

I died
    Horace Grant with the line of the night!  That was hilarious.
  • Options
    I thought the segment covering the transition between Doug Collins and Phil Jackson was really interesting.  Tex Winter was actually on the staff before either of them and was a big reason why Collins was fired.  I had forgotten that Jackson was an assistant on Collins' staff.
    I had forgotten all about Winter.  This was great.  Winter helped Jackson on 9 championships!
  • Options

I have a few MJ basketball cards. I'll have to find them. I collected sports cards back then but basketball was the least I collected. I think I probably have every SI cover of him on it since i began my subscription around '88.

Dig em out!  I'd love to see them.
  • Options
    Top pic is what I have and bottom pic is what I just sent out to be graded. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Wow nice! I'll take that extra 88-89 Fleer card if you don't want it :wink:

here’s all I could find (none are graded)

Post edited by eeriepadave on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Wow nice! I'll take that extra 88-89 Fleer card if you don't want it :wink:

here’s all I could find (none are graded)

Upper left Spx, Stadium club and predictor are pretty decent cards, too bad that Topps gold is off center.

If you got pretty much any other predictor that year you would have won a Jordan card but it's still worth something if it grades well.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Absolutely love how much the Bulls and Pistons hated each other.  Jordan still has a deep hate for Isiah after all these years....love that he kept him off the dream team back in the day.  Still one of the all time most hated athletes in Chicago and this is his hometown!
  • Options
    Heard this on ESPN Golic and Wingo this morning.

The interviewer Jason Hehir that did Rodman, approached him about the documentary and told him it was a 10hr doc on the Bulls.

Rodman said 10hrs huh?  You've got 10 minutes.  He looked at his notes and knew that it would take over an hour to finish the interview.

Rodman then says to him "But if I'm gonna do this I need a tuna hero from Subway and some Chamomile tea"

Rodman talked for 3 hours, lol.

Also did anyone see the Late, Great Craig Sager give Rodman that money to "pay his fine"?!?  That was hysterical!