Options

I’m Sorry But Gigaton Is A Major Dissapointment

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437
    JF116983 said:
    Do me a favor and show me a bad review from classic albums such as Ten or White Album, Abby Road, One By One, All that you cant leave behind, etc

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 81
    JF116983 said:
    Do me a favor and show me a bad review from classic albums such as Ten or White Album, Abby Road, One By One, All that you cant leave behind, etc
    Why are you trying to compare this album to the Beatles or Ten? It makes no sense. Literally not one person has said this album is better than Ten....but that doesn't mean it's not really good? I have no idea what point you are even trying to make other than being a massive troll.
  • Options
    EilianEilian Posts: 276
    KN219077 said:
    CO278952 said:
    At least hopefully you are pleased that Can’t Deny Me was left off
    That song would sound so out of place sitting amongst good songs
    I reckon there’s a good song buried somewhere in Can’t Deny Me. Those verses, were the guitar tone a bit more gutsy, would be driving. Defo needs a different chorus though.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,030
    edited March 2020
    Why are people debating "reviews".

You do know that Blade Runner got some really bad reviews back in 1982... right?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

You do now that Blade Runner got some really bad reviews back in 1982... right?
    Because how else are you supposed to decide whether you like something?
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    If you give a bad review a bad review, then does that make it a positive review???
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437
    edited March 2020

Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,793
    vito said:
    Really, their not? You really are an idiot a troll and represent the minority! The album has gotten universal acclaim from fans and critics around the globe! You tried really hard but, admit you failed! Now go away and STFU!
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.metacritic.com/music/gigaton/pearl-jam&ved=2ahUKEwiqjpuSgL_oAhXhmq0KHa7JBQ0QFjABegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1oJYYXXBzPh3G17if42tRO
    What 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    Long Red said:
    I don't know why, but people not liking this album is bothering more than it has with any of their previous albums. I mean, there isn't a dud on this thing. Even the songs on Gigaton that are the "lesser" songs on the album imo are far better than the "lesser" songs on previous albums. It's a huge achievement. 
    Some have honest opinions that are negative but a few like this Troll JF116983 is just living in his Grandmother’s basement, starting multiple threads and replying with every possible negative spin to get a rise out of the fan base.  
  • Options
    Eilian said:

You copy whatever the cute girl in class thinks.

AND THAT IS HOW I ENDED UP LISTENING TO LINKIN PARK THAT DREADFUL YEAR OF 2001.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Eilian said:

Easy now, leave Linkin Park out of it! :p
  • Options
    Quick translator:

Trolling = verb, to express an opinion in any way critical of Pearl Jam’s music, even on a discussion board designed for precisely that purpose.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,067
    I’m loving Gigaton. Sorry some don’t like it. What I don’t understand is the condescending negative opinion of it while also seemingly trying to get others to not like it by trashing it over and over again. Seems weird to me. 
  • Options
    JF116983JF116983 Posts: 173
    edited March 2020
    Yeah Vedpunk what are you 40 going on 13? Your Handle says it all, a fanatic that can’t stand differing opinions from a long term fan since the beginning. 

I love their live shows and have many good memories attending shows, and being at the right place to get to meet band members including your beloved Eddie Vedder. However, I am grown up and have a different view than you on one album - does this justify your attacks?

Btw If it makes you happy to think I live in a  basement I hope it makes your day - try using your imagination in a positive way so you can be successful in real life. Taking your Virtual personality the real world will not help you be successful. How you change.

im out of here, hope you all stay safe.
  • Options
    Eilian said:

But did it get you anywhere with the cute girl?
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Can't relate to this sentiment at all, best album from them in forever, to me it's like a more experimental Yield, or a more accessible Binaural.

Oh, and I think this is probably their best artwork too, the vinyl cover and lyric book are stunning.

• Options
    Eilian said:
    Eilian said:

You bet. Even went with me to the London 2007 show.

But then I fucked it all up.

And now I am not listening to Linkin Park anymore.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    In the days of Google, it isn't hard to find negative reviews for anything, so that's a dumb way to determine if something is good.

What it comes down to is whether you personally like it, and if not, big deal, move on! No reason trying to convince everyone that you are some sort of insider and that the band knows it's not good. Just dumb. You can state an opinion on how you feel without trying to act like it's justified because of a made up reason that only you know.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    The one thing I do not get from the small minority that dislike the album is the fact they are happy when others agree with them. Comments like "I am glad I am not the only one" and "thank you" when someone else replies with a similar opinion. I was not a huge fan of Backspacer when it came out or now for that matter. There is no way however that I would be happy or show joy that someone else did not like it either. I would hope that everyone else loved it and I was the odd duck. I guess it is really strange to me seeing people showing a positive reaction to a negative thought towards a band I assume we all love or loved at one point or another. 

An above poster summed it up well. It is unfortunate for those that do not like the album and a plus for us that are blown away by it or are liking it. I would rather be on the blown away side any day of the week over the other side. 
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 306
    Eilian said:

=)  =)=)=)
  • Options
    Eilian said:
    Eilian said:

You bet. Even went with me to the London 2007 show.

But then I fucked it all up.

And now I am not listening to Linkin Park anymore.
    ... until the next cute girl.

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    JimmyV said:
    It's ok to dislike it because to each their own, but this is absolutely not an Ed solo album.
    +1....I think Ed's vocals are actually lacking a bit on this.
    I think we are seeing the effects  of smoking the past 3 albums.  I know  he smoked before those, but it seems to finally be catching up to him along with age and playing over1000 shows in his career.  Not saying he is bad, just a different range and tone
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    JF116983 said:
    Yeah Vedpunk what are you 40 going on 13? Your Handle says it all, a fanatic that can’t stand differing opinions from a long term fan since the beginning. 

I love their live shows and have many good memories attending shows, and being at the right place to get to meet band members including your beloved Eddie Vedder. However, I am grown up and have a different view than you on one album - does this justify your attacks?

Btw If it makes you happy to think I live in a  basement I hope it makes your day - try using your imagination in a positive way so you can be successful in real life. Taking your Virtual personality the real world will not help you be successful. How you change.

im out of here, hope you all stay safe.
    I welcome negative reviews and honest debate but there’s a big difference between voicing your opinion vs being a self absorbed, know-it-all troll with a personal agenda.  You sound like 13 year old teenager just going through puberty.
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Lmao I love when people tell each other to stfu and stop being trolls because they don’t like something
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    The one thing I do not get from the small minority that dislike the album is the fact they are happy when others agree with them. Comments like "I am glad I am not the only one" and "thank you" when someone else replies with a similar opinion. I was not a huge fan of Backspacer when it came out or now for that matter. There is no way however that I would be happy or show joy that someone else did not like it either. I would hope that everyone else loved it and I was the odd duck. I guess it is really strange to me seeing people showing a positive reaction to a negative thought towards a band I assume we all love or loved at one point or another. 

An above poster summed it up well. It is unfortunate for those that do not like the album and a plus for us that are blown away by it or are liking it. I would rather be on the blown away side any day of the week over the other side. 
    If you derive absolutely no pleasure from finding like-minded people, I’m not sure what you get out this place.
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    I think I went thru this with their last two albums. They will never be what they were early on and just enjoy what they put out Going forward. 
  • Options
    Lmao I love when people tell each other to stfu and stop being trolls because they don’t like something
    Not what he said, how he said it.  He’s stating opinions like facts and making it sound like he is some higher power and knows better since he plays an instrument.  It’s like me saying - This is Mike McCready’s finest work yet because I own a guitar and pick it up every now and then.  Also, love how he’s making assumptions on how the band feels about the new record. That shit is just silly but amazing troll work. 
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    Not what he said, how he said it.  He’s stating opinions like facts and making it sound like he is some higher power and knows better since he plays an instrument.  It’s like me saying - This is Mike McCready’s finest work yet because I own a guitar and pick it up every now and then.  Also, love how he’s making assumptions on how the band feels about the new record. That shit is just silly but amazing troll work. 
    When you say, “stating opinion as fact”, what exactly do you mean?

Can you give me an example?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    Eilian said:
    PJNB said:

If you derive absolutely no pleasure from finding like-minded people, I’m not sure what you get out this place.
    You take pleasure in people not enjoying the new album? 
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    vedpunk said:
    It’s just hilarious that you couldn’t let it go- you could have just laughed to yourself and disagreed.  Instead you got so triggered that you had to attack the dude personally, lol, that’s just awesome to me.  It’s what makes the internet the internet, you gotta love it, it’s great stuff to read to get away from all the shit out there nowadays
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.