Options

I’m Sorry But Gigaton Is A Major Dissapointment

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    nuzzer1 said:
    @bennlarue - this is one of the greatest posts of all time. 
    Thanks! But maybe rethink your standards.
  • Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    It's ok if I am lost because I see other are as well, but they are going the wrong way. 
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    Eilian said:
    Eilian said:
    Eilian said:
    Why are people debating "reviews".

You do now that Blade Runner got some really bad reviews back in 1982... right?
    Because how else are you supposed to decide whether you like something?
    You copy whatever the cute girl in class thinks.

AND THAT IS HOW I ENDED UP LISTENING TO LINKIN PARK THAT DREADFUL YEAR OF 2001.
    But did it get you anywhere with the cute girl?
    You bet. Even went with me to the London 2007 show.

But then I fucked it all up.

And now I am not listening to Linkin Park anymore.
    ... until the next cute girl.

How cute would one need to be to get you into Nickleback? 
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    KC138045 said:
    rgambs said:
    I just can't help but feel like the boards, and the whole world really, needed this thread.
    🙄
    Im sorry but is it not acceptable to voice our individual opinions here?

You should know better...you can't have an individual opinion around here without the "opinion police" getting up your ass about it going against "their opinion".  God forbid someone dislike some music that someone else likes...lol. 

Nickelback sells more albums than Pearl Jam...but then Nickelback is the "go to" insult among the people...there's apparently a lot more people in the world that like Nickelback than Pearl Jam.  But really, who fucking cares?  The "opinion police" do...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,678
    JV130312 said:meh
    KC138045 said:
    rgambs said:
    I just can't help but feel like the boards, and the whole world really, needed this thread.
    🙄
    Im sorry but is it not acceptable to voice our individual opinions here?

You should know better...you can't have an individual opinion around here without the "opinion police" getting up your ass about it going against "their opinion".  God forbid someone dislike some music that someone else likes...lol. 

Nickelback sells more albums than Pearl Jam...but then Nickelback is the "go to" insult among the people...there's apparently a lot more people in the world that like Nickelback than Pearl Jam.  But really, who fucking cares?  The "opinion police" do...
    Meh
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,925
    There's plenty of great tracks on this record... For now my favorite is Take the Long Way which is very different... The music rocks on this one and the guitar from Mike is epic. It's a Cameron song perhaps Soundgarden inspiration?
    I'm starting to really dig this track too.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    WhywhyzedWhywhyzed Posts: 270
    Let The Records play was probably my favorite piece of music on Lightning Bolt. 
    Ed fucked it up by singing the chorus to the tune of "Jeepers Creepers." That's not Stone's fault.

I don't hate Buckle Up. It's fine. It's probably my least favorite song on the album at this point, but I still listen to it.
    These are very fair points.

• Options
    WhywhyzedWhywhyzed Posts: 270
    There's plenty of great tracks on this record... For now my favorite is Take the Long Way which is very different... The music rocks on this one and the guitar from Mike is epic. It's a Cameron song perhaps Soundgarden inspiration?
    I'm starting to really dig this track too.
    Yep, this one and Quick Escape have a SH or Rush vibe
  • Options
    DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 325
    I said the same thing after a listen or two... Now I’m in love with it. 
    It’s like my No Code... The first few listens... I was disappointed... Then it turned out to be on of my favorite albums.
  • Options
    otterotter Posts: 753
    I can’t wait to go listen to it asap!!
    gotta hang with the little ones but I’m singing the songs constantly in my head!  I fucking love this album!
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • Options
    only listened twice so far, but i'm A LOT less disappointed with, impressed with, in love with, in hate with, blown away by, and underwhelmed by Gigaton than most everyone else.  i don't find it all that daring ... or all that different from the last two albums.  yes, there are a couple of new tricks in there, but i hear a lot of connections to their past work, along with some influences from their heroes and peers.  bottom line for me is that i really dig a few of these songs right from the get go.  i think a couple more will probably grow on me.  and i could do without 3 or 4 of the moody, preachy, downtempo tracks in the second half of the record.  i'll keep listening, tho.  my favorite band in the world.  always will be.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    only listened twice so far, but i'm A LOT less disappointed with, impressed with, in love with, in hate with, blown away by, and underwhelmed by Gigaton than most everyone else.  i don't find it all that daring ... or all that different from the last two albums.  yes, there are a couple of new tricks in there, but i hear a lot of connections to their past work, along with some influences from their heroes and peers.  bottom line for me is that i really dig a few of these songs right from the get go.  i think a couple more will probably grow on me.  and i could do without 3 or 4 of the moody, preachy, downtempo tracks in the second half of the record.  i'll keep listening, tho.  my favorite band in the world.  always will be.
    Nice post. I’m kind of in the same boat.
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,678
    Gigaton is incredible. Great record, gets better with every listen
  • Options
    ApecarroApecarro Posts: 118
    rummy said:
    Nice post. I’m kind of in the same boat.
    I’m with you guys. I was so disappointed and confused the first time through. The second and third times weren’t much better. I finally found a few songs that I’d put in my top 25 (retrograde, comes then goes and river cross) and am so excited to hear then live!
  • Options
    @apecarro i just want to be clear.  i was NOT disappointed or confused on my first two listens.  also, i wasn't really blown away or really underwhelmed.  i didn't have the extreme experience/reactions that lots of folks seem to be having.  Gigaton sounds to me like a fairly natural progression from the last two albums, and the overall makeup of the album feels pretty similar.  if anything, i wish Gigaton had been more experimental or radically different from the two previous records.  but i'm not a musician or a sound guy, so i'm just speaking as a fan.  a fan who LOVES this band ... and who LOVES a few of the new songs from the very first spin.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    It will grow on most of us, fortunately I am a fan of the new stuff which was released with a perfect timing and as a heavenly gift.
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    ApecarroApecarro Posts: 118
    @apecarro i just want to be clear.  i was NOT disappointed or confused on my first two listens.  also, i wasn't really blown away or really underwhelmed.  i didn't have the extreme experience/reactions that lots of folks seem to be having.  Gigaton sounds to me like a fairly natural progression from the last two albums, and the overall makeup of the album feels pretty similar.  if anything, i wish Gigaton had been more experimental or radically different from the two previous records.  but i'm not a musician or a sound guy, so i'm just speaking as a fan.  a fan who LOVES this band ... and who LOVES a few of the new songs from the very first spin.
    @TouringFan2000 I hear you. I was the one that was confused and disappointed the first few times through. I’m so glad that it grew on me and can’t wait to hear some of my favorites live!
  • Options
    Willis1872Willis1872 Scotland/North Carolina Posts: 8
    I really like it although part of me feels like k shouldn't but I do, maybe the songs could have been placed in a different order
    But I love the first two singles, and really like the album so far
    Can't wait to hear Comes Then Goes live, I'd love to hear it with the full band

On my first spin of the album I was thinking I'd be disappointed but after a good few listens Im thoroughly enjoying it