Options

I’m Sorry But Gigaton Is A Major Dissapointment

Comments

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Eilian said:
    vedpunk said:
    Lmao I love when people tell each other to stfu and stop being trolls because they don’t like something
    Not what he said, how he said it.  He’s stating opinions like facts and making it sound like he is some higher power and knows better since he plays an instrument.  It’s like me saying - This is Mike McCready’s finest work yet because I own a guitar and pick it up every now and then.  Also, love how he’s making assumptions on how the band feels about the new record. That shit is just silly but amazing troll work. 
    When you say, “stating opinion as fact”, what exactly do you mean?

Can you give me an example?
    That was the other guy doing it. Saying the band knows it isn’t good and knowing all about the process or whatever 
  • Options
    dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    JF116983 said:
    Agree with you it’s too bad they keep doing this (last 3 albums so disappointing) I have an old friend since high school that loved PJ as much as I did, beck we even played PJ cover songs in a band and had lots of fun doing that. After Backspacer and  bolt he said he was done with PJ and went to U2 instead. He spent 400 bucks on U2 Gen Admin tix right after I know he would have spent that to see PJ but the lackluster albums did it for him - I’m not there yet but getting real close.
     :D:D  Crying here. Is this serious post?
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,029
    edited March 2020
    PJNB said:
    Eilian said:
    PJNB said:
    The one thing I do not get from the small minority that dislike the album is the fact they are happy when others agree with them. Comments like "I am glad I am not the only one" and "thank you" when someone else replies with a similar opinion. I was not a huge fan of Backspacer when it came out or now for that matter. There is no way however that I would be happy or show joy that someone else did not like it either. I would hope that everyone else loved it and I was the odd duck. I guess it is really strange to me seeing people showing a positive reaction to a negative thought towards a band I assume we all love or loved at one point or another. 

An above poster summed it up well. It is unfortunate for those that do not like the album and a plus for us that are blown away by it or are liking it. I would rather be on the blown away side any day of the week over the other side. 
    If you derive absolutely no pleasure from finding like-minded people, I’m not sure what you get out this place.
    You take pleasure in people not enjoying the new album? 
    If thinking Skyfall is way overrated. I don't see how people could find it off one would find (quantum of) solace in other sharing that experience.

How could that be surprising. 

Great for people loving Skyfall. But if people fucking shared my view (to a Kill), the franchise would have gone in a better direction.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    Lmao I love when people tell each other to stfu and stop being trolls because they don’t like something
    Not what he said, how he said it.  He’s stating opinions like facts and making it sound like he is some higher power and knows better since he plays an instrument.  It’s like me saying - This is Mike McCready’s finest work yet because I own a guitar and pick it up every now and then.  Also, love how he’s making assumptions on how the band feels about the new record. That shit is just silly but amazing troll work. 
    How many music magazines have you ripped to shreds because reviewers didn't start every paragraph with "In my opinion..."

How many KISS shows have you left because they didn't start with:

YOU WANTED THE BEST
    YOU GOT, IN OUR OPINION, THE BEST
    IN OUR OPINION, THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    JF116983 said:

. . . it’s too bad they keep doing this . . . 
    Keep doing what? Writing the songs that they feel like writing and recording them the way they want?  I'm sorry that disappoints you. I hope you keep listening.

I love this album. It's exactly what I hoped to hear from them. The lyrics are incredibly poetic and the songs contain many layers that make me pay attention and listen. I agree that the second half of the album has a different tone than the first, but the transition from beginning to end works for me. I don't know that I would call it an Ed solo album. The other guys in the band seemed like they were playing along well enough to me. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,792
    The way people are acting on this thread is a major disappointment. That’s about it 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    edited March 2020
    Honestly, I feel like Buckle Up is a throwaway song and belongs on a kids album but I’m not posting my opinion as gospel on every single damn thread.  This dude is posting things like “the band feels this isn’t their best work and they aren’t happy with the album”.  If you can’t  recognize this self absorbed bullshit he spun as fact then you may be the real sheep my friend.
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    PJNB said:
    Eilian said:
    PJNB said:
    The one thing I do not get from the small minority that dislike the album is the fact they are happy when others agree with them. Comments like "I am glad I am not the only one" and "thank you" when someone else replies with a similar opinion. I was not a huge fan of Backspacer when it came out or now for that matter. There is no way however that I would be happy or show joy that someone else did not like it either. I would hope that everyone else loved it and I was the odd duck. I guess it is really strange to me seeing people showing a positive reaction to a negative thought towards a band I assume we all love or loved at one point or another. 

An above poster summed it up well. It is unfortunate for those that do not like the album and a plus for us that are blown away by it or are liking it. I would rather be on the blown away side any day of the week over the other side. 
    If you derive absolutely no pleasure from finding like-minded people, I’m not sure what you get out this place.
    If thinking Skyfall is way overrated. I don't see how people could find it off one would find (quantum of) solace in other sharing that experience.

Great for people loving Skyfall. But if people fucking shared my view (to a Kill), the franchise would have gone in a better direction.
    You thought skyfall was overrated?  By far the best of the Daniel Craig era.  (I liked quantum)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Wrong
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Anybody not enjoying the new album want to send me two baltimore tickets?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    PJNB said:
    Eilian said:
    PJNB said:

If thinking Skyfall is way overrated. I don't see how people would find it off one would find (quantum of) solace in other sharing that experience.

Great for people loving Skyfall. But if people fucking shared my view (to a KIll) the franchise would have gone in a better direction.

I actually liked Skyfall! 

I get your point though that if the majority like something that you do not like maybe that piece of entertainment, what ever it maybe, goes in that direction and leaves you in the dust. I was not a fan of CDM and wonder if the reception it got live and from social media actually played a role in leaving it off of the album or they just decided to go in another direction.

I still stick to my claim however that I would find no joy in another fan not enjoying an album from this band especially with in a week of release. 
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    vedpunk said:
    Honestly, I feel like Buckle Up is a throwaway song and belongs on a kids album but I’m not posting my opinion as gospel on every single damn thread.  This dude is posting things like “the band feels this isn’t their best work and they aren’t happy with the album”.  If you can’t  recognize this self absorbed bullshit he spun as fact then you may be the real sheep my friend.
    If this is directed at me, I agree with you on both counts, that buckle up isn’t  my fav, and a lot of that guy’s posts made me raise an eyebrow. I just don’t see the need to aggressively attack them for it.  I do enjoy the aggression though, we all need some laughs these days
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    vedpunk said:
    If this is directed at me, I agree with you on both counts, that buckle up isn’t  my fav, and a lot of that guy’s posts made me raise an eyebrow. I just don’t see the need to aggressively attack them for it.  I do enjoy the aggression though, we all need some laughs these days
    I can agree with that!  
  • Options
    Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 152
    It’s pretty good - a couple of wet farts in the middle and Eddies moping indulgent triple header at the end are grating already but you know there are some kick ass rockers in there.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Eilian said:
    PJNB said:

You thought skyfall was overrated? 
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Eilian said:
    PJNB said:

If thinking Skyfall is way overrated. I don't see how people would find it off one would find (quantum of) solace in other sharing that experience.

Great for people loving Skyfall. But if people fucking shared my view (to a KIll) the franchise would have gone in a better direction.

I liked Skyfall. 

But it was not the best Bond-movie since Yield.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,219
    edited March 2020
    Who Ever said this thread needs to Take the Long Way to make a Quick Escape from the Never Destination before Seven O’Clock Comes Then Goes and the Superblood Wolfmoon Buckles Up and the Clairvoyants agree it’s just Alright.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Eilian said:
    PJNB said:

PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Eilian said:
    PJNB said:

I liked Skyfall. 

You day drinking again?
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    Tjm007 said:
    It’s pretty good - a couple of wet farts in the middle and Eddies moping indulgent triple header at the end are grating already but you know there are some kick ass rockers in there.
    Lol. Funny thing about Buckle Up is while I don’t love the song or the lyrics, I like Eddie’s voice on it. Reminds me of Bee Girl the way he is singing on it. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,924
    Please see the Posting Guidelines. Too many rude posts in this thread. Thank you

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Eilian said:
    PJNB said:

PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Eilian said:
    PJNB said:

I liked Skyfall. 

You day drinking again?
    Lets just agree over a nice glass of vegan wine, that Quantum of Solace is underrated out of the Craig movie. Tight. A classic bond-plot with a decent bond villain. I don’t remember any boring Ethan Hunt/Jason Bourne having to go rouge yet again BS plot thing that took up time. 

Yes it is sad Amy Winehouse couldnt do the theme and that they rejected Shirley Basseys song - but come on now. And yeah. the camera shakes. deal with it like a grownup people. 

*high five*
  • Options
    Your buddy jumped ship for U2?  That's like throwing a drowning man an anchor.

IMO
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    The band doesn’t give a shit  if you like it, hate it, balance your furniture with it

The fact that some are stating they haven’t liked a record since yield but still pay to post here?

wtf is wrong with you?

i get it, it’s for the tix..... but wtf are you holding out hope for?

they aren’t gonna make “ THAT RECORD”
  • Options
    EilianEilian Posts: 276
    That's like throwing a drowning man an anchor.

Ha - I'm stealing this. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Eilian said:
    PJNB said:

PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Eilian said:
    PJNB said:

I liked Skyfall. 

You day drinking again?
    Lets just agree over a nice glass of vegan wine, that Quantum of Solace is underrated out of the Craig movie. Tight. A classic bond-plot with a decent bond villain. I don’t remember any boring Ethan Hunt/Jason Bourne having to go rouge yet again BS plot thing that took up time. 

Yes it is sad Amy Winehouse couldnt do the theme and that they rejected Shirley Basseys song - but come on now. And yeah. the camera shakes. deal with it like a grownup people. 

*high five*
    I love quantum!  Better than skyfall?  No way
  • Options
    I don’t remember any boring Ethan Hunt/Jason Bourne having to go rouge yet again BS plot thing that took up time. 

"Having to go rouge"?

• Options
    Eilian said:
    I don’t remember any boring Ethan Hunt/Jason Bourne having to go rouge yet again BS plot thing that took up time. 

"Having to go rouge"?

Rouge! I love it! 
  • Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 715
    PJammin' said:
    I have only listened to it twice since I opened it.  Just can’t get myself to give it another whirl for a while.  Once I get the cd I’ll listen in the car and I’m sure it’ll grow more on me, but I’m not really blown away by it yet.  

Ed feels too far in front and there’s just too much of him to me.  Too many words or something, but maybe it’s because I listened while I read every word in the book and damn he just went fucking word crazy. 

I love the unique compositions and the music itself but something about it feels like an Ed controlled project to me, and I’ve been hoping for more of everyone else.  I just see Ed’s name in there too often perhaps, and I’ll always think of pj as a band, not Ed backed up by a band.  I can feel Ed manipulating everyone else- except for Jeff- the whole time.

anyway there’s a lot of weird shit in this one and it’s going to take me a lot more listens.  I’ll come around, but OP I totally get what you’re saying, you’re absolutely entitled to speak your mind on here, don’t let them get you down.
    Ed’s songs I usually like the least. Where the hell is Stone? That guy is a fantastic song writer. 
    Stone's contribution, Buckle Up. FFS. worst song ever
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,736
    LukinAtU said:
    PJammin' said:
    I have only listened to it twice since I opened it.  Just can’t get myself to give it another whirl for a while.  Once I get the cd I’ll listen in the car and I’m sure it’ll grow more on me, but I’m not really blown away by it yet.  

Ed feels too far in front and there’s just too much of him to me.  Too many words or something, but maybe it’s because I listened while I read every word in the book and damn he just went fucking word crazy. 

I love the unique compositions and the music itself but something about it feels like an Ed controlled project to me, and I’ve been hoping for more of everyone else.  I just see Ed’s name in there too often perhaps, and I’ll always think of pj as a band, not Ed backed up by a band.  I can feel Ed manipulating everyone else- except for Jeff- the whole time.

anyway there’s a lot of weird shit in this one and it’s going to take me a lot more listens.  I’ll come around, but OP I totally get what you’re saying, you’re absolutely entitled to speak your mind on here, don’t let them get you down.
    Ed’s songs I usually like the least. Where the hell is Stone? That guy is a fantastic song writer. 
    Your opinion. Stone is a fantastic song writer. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    PJammin' said:
    LukinAtU said:
    PJammin' said:

Your opinion. Stone is a fantastic song writer. 
    Jesus Christ - can we agree to put the "That's just your opinion" response in the bin? 

It goes without saying. 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    OP just needs to crank it to 9 through his PA and a pair of Marshalls, drink a beer, and work in the garden on a beautiful spring day.  
    Duh!
    Why the fuck are people so dense?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?