Options

Spring Tour Postponed - Letter from the Band

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    poison said:
    I can’t believe team ED is going to blame the government as part of the reasoning for canceling the tour. What a joke you’ve become and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Learn when to leave politics at the door for once in your freaking life dude. 

Yeah that was kinda a weird add. 

The fact that they tour so little and people travel from all over makes this even tougher on fans. I understand it, but I’m concerned about “postponed”.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Nconte30Nconte30 Posts: 4
    nicknyr15 said:
    Nconte30 said:
    I get it, however, is there a refund for 10 club tickets or will the tix be good for the re scheduled shows. How about people who are traveling, and cant possibly get refunds for hotel or flights? That's money a lot of us cant afford to lose.
    I’m almost positive cancellation policies went out the window. Confirm with your airline and hotel about a credit or refund due to the virus. 
    My hotels.com reservation is a no cancellation rate... 500$ for 3 nights. 
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    I'm going to pour a stiff drink and play In Hiding.  😕
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    Ouch...  It was too good to be true. More time with family, more money for summer vacation. See you all in the fall for the biggest, longest North American tour of the millennium. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,789
    I’d love a little more reassurance that our tickets are still valid.  Maybe just one more sentence? Am I the only one who feels like this? 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,872
    Nconte30 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Nconte30 said:
    I get it, however, is there a refund for 10 club tickets or will the tix be good for the re scheduled shows. How about people who are traveling, and cant possibly get refunds for hotel or flights? That's money a lot of us cant afford to lose.
    I’m almost positive cancellation policies went out the window. Confirm with your airline and hotel about a credit or refund due to the virus. 
    Call them up. This is a different situation than most. 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,164
    More time to hunt msg tix 🤪

im bummed about the awesome double header

yankees/orioles.... then pj show

i f5’d those Balt tix

but I figured this was coming, stay safe everyone 
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Aw dang, but I guess it is for the best. Hoepfully, things will be better and back to more normal soon. At least we still get a new album!
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,789
    Nconte30 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Nconte30 said:
    Call the actual hotel. 
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 900
    I’m glad they made the decision for people, especially since many are not healthy enough to justify the risk of the concert environment. It’s the responsible thing to do. 
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,093
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’d love a little more reassurance that our tickets are still valid.  Maybe just one more sentence? Am I the only one who feels like this? 
    Not really. Postponed always means original tickets will be honored. I’m sure they’ll allow for refunds when new dates are announced
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,678
    poison said:
    I can’t believe team ED is going to blame the government as part of the reasoning for canceling the tour. What a joke you’ve become and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Learn when to leave politics at the door for once in your freaking life dude. 

The govt is fucking this up. They can’t even get people tested. Trump is questioning the CDC when trump can’t even spell CDC. They have no plan and can’t even communicate anything. Don’t live with blinders on, it’s plain as day.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Right decision. Look forward to seeing a rescheduled MSG date!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    The right call (as much as it sucks).

Thanks for looking out for us. We’re known to get a little carried away : ) 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,409
    This was bound to happen 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    Expected it but bummed. Right call though. Hopefully Europe can go on. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 308
    poison said:

You cannot be serious? We have a president who believes he knows more about a health issue than trained and educated professionals (all of them combined) because he has a "gut feeling". His ever-changing and blatantly wrong messaging combined with his administration's inability to take action (both preventative and immediate) endangers lives. It is not political to call out the failures of a government to properly fulfill its duty to secure the safety of its citizens, and people of the world in general. 

As others have said, thank you Pearl Jam for making the right call.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,093
    Even leaving the President out of it, the Gov't should be advising it's citizens and organizations about the best way to handle themselves in a situation like this. They are currently not doing that. 
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    ianpickusianpickus Posts: 24
    This sucks a gigaton.

They made the only choice they could. Better safe than sorry.
    8/27/2000 - Saratoga 4/29/2003 - Albany 6/27/2008 - Hartford 6/28/2008 - Mansfield 6/8/2009 - Albany (Eddie Vedder) 6/9/2009 - Albany (Eddie Vedder) 5/15/2010 - Hartford 5/20/2010 - NYC 5/21/2010 - NYC 6/18/2011 - Hartford (Eddie Vedder) 10/16/13 - Worcester, MA 10/25/13 - Hartford, CT 9/26/15 - New York City, NY 4/28/16 - Philly 4/29/16 - Philly 8/5/16 - Boston - 8/20/16 - Chicago 8/22/16 - Chicago 9/02/18 - Boston 9/04/18 - Boston 8/31/23 - St. Paul 8/2/23 - St. Paul
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,172
    Extremely bummed of the postponement.  I would of gone regardless of the virus, but would of avoided visiting my grandparents for 14 days after returning.   Not sure if I'll make the new dates (or wait for something closer to home).

I don't think I'm in to deep though.  Hotel is cancellable.   I was driving with a friend to go down to oakland who offered to pay for gas/ferry.   Flight back was paid with alaska air points.  I booked on Feb 22nd for a flight on april 20th.  Seems to be out of their free cancellation window. Hoping they extend it.

• Options
    This is not the right decision.  They are making matters worse by affecting jobs these shows create.  The hype and hysteria over this is insane.  People are dying of the flu at an exponentially higher rate yet this is what we're left with lol. Way to buy into guys. Just another election year scare. Go back and look in the past if you need proof this is overblown. 
  • Options
    whidbeywhidbey ATX Posts: 57
    As a long time over 60 year old fan, thank you. I love y’all even more! See you in safer times. 
    W. Palm Beach-1 08/00, Seattle Groundwork 10/01, Seattle 1&2 12/02,
    San Antonio 04/03, Raleigh 04/03, Dallas 06/03, Gorge 09/05, Vancouver 09/05, LA II 07/06, Tampa 06/08, Chicago II 08/09, ACL 10/09, Vedder solo 1&2 10/12, Dallas 11/13, ACL 10/14 1&2, OKC 2022, ATX 9/23 1&2
  • Options
    terrym08terrym08 Posts: 370
    hopefully they don't wait until June 21st to cancel the European tour.
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 821
    Today I read it is getting better in China.  It is too soon to say this was the right decision.  No one would fault the band for going on with it.  People are adults and can make their own decision about whether to leave their house if a bug is out there and they may be susceptible to it...a bug that has shown no propensity to kill anyone outside of the demographic than your standard 'bad' flu does...maybe just more deaths, but still the same demographic (old sick people).

I can see postponing it in Italy, but we're not there yet.  And how about a little more clarification on this Pearl Jam?  What if we cannot attend the rescheduled show due to another vacation...or just because we don't feel like going anymore?  Are those people going to all be reimbursed?  If this is extended, how long will our funds be kept?  Granted, I'd rather you keep them and collect interest than risk having to go through the whole ticket buying process again.

Glad I got Ohana tickets at least.  That better be one epically long over curfew show.  Sorry if I sound pissed, but I'm pissed.  Pissed at the toilet paper hoarders and now I'm pissed at this.  Thank you for allowing me to vent.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    poison said:

The govt is fucking this up. They can’t even get people tested. Trump is questioning the CDC when trump can’t even spell CDC. They have no plan and can’t even communicate anything. Don’t live with blinders on, it’s plain as day
    Can you explain why other countries are struggling with this? The government is not fucking this up. Personal hygiene issues are fucking this up. Wash your hands and stay home if you are sick. Many do not follow this so bigger events have to be postponed.
  • Options
    Nconte30Nconte30 Posts: 4
    Nconte30 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Nconte30 said:
    Call them up. This is a different situation than most. 
    I'm going to try for sure
  • Options
    surforia said:
    Would be cool if they did a live simulcast type show to tide us over, kind of like a combination of Radiohead "Live From the Basement" and Self-Pollution Radio.

looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,678
    This is not the right decision.  They are making matters worse by affecting jobs these shows create.  The hype and hysteria over this is insane.  People are dying of the flu at an exponentially higher rate yet this is what we're left with lol. Way to buy into guys. Just another election year scare. Go back and look in the past if you need proof this is overblown. 
    Clueless man. It’s sad 
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,625
    We understand and will wait patiently and eagerly for the new dates. PJs priority has long been the safety of its fans so this is not unexpected. 
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
This discussion has been closed.