Spring NA Tour Officially Postponed

Comments

• ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 655
    My “word of the day” calendar today.  Clearly, God just laughing at me uproariously at this  point.  
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    YAKIMATSU said:
    CDC shows that they did 8 tests today. Ummm, getting worried. 
    OK drama queen. We get it. No need to fan the flames.
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 839
    vedpunk said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Coming from you,  funny. Please go back to accusing pj of trying to hurt der leader by postponing. Facts cause you to name call, wow.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    I’m not too worried about it right now but I just think it’s a legitimate question. Will the new dates follow the same route? That seems like that would be a hard thing to accomplish. 
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    I’m not too worried about it right now but I just think it’s a legitimate question. Will the new dates follow the same route? That seems like that would be a hard thing to accomplish. 
    Just a guess here but I think they would logistically start on the west coast after ohana.  They will all be together already.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Crazy times. Please fellow 10c members...be safe, compassionate and use common sense. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
    vedpunk said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    We get it too... The president is completely incapable of handling a crisis of this magnitude.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Freaking insane shit!
    Absolutely!  Crazy stuff
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    The government just needs to rip the band aid off and declare martial law now. Put the entire nation under quarantine. Close all non essential businesses for the rest of the month. All transportation shut down.  Looks like it is going to happen anyway, might as well get it over with. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    The government just needs to rip the band aid off and declare martial law now. Put the entire nation under quarantine. Close all non essential businesses for the rest of the month. All transportation shut down.  Looks like it is going to happen anyway, might as well get it over with. 
    100% agree. Why delay the inevitable. Make the move and let's hopefully move past this.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    Agree.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    With the NBA being suspended and the NHL probably right behind I wonder what this will do to the fall tour and re-planning of spring tour. The NBA and NHL are going to either shorten their season or prolong it into June/July meaning that the 2020-21 season could get pushed back too. There are going to be a lot of people fighting for that late summer/fall space I would imagine. Going to be interesting to see how this all plays out this in the next couple of months. 
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    100% agree. Why delay the inevitable. Make the move and let's hopefully move past this.
    Because there are too many fucking lawyers who will sue... and the government is full of them too.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    PJNB said:
    With the NBA being suspended and the NHL probably right behind I wonder what this will do to the fall tour and re-planning of spring tour. The NBA and NHL are going to either shorten their season or prolong it into June/July meaning that the 2020-21 season could get pushed back too. There are going to be a lot of people fighting for that late summer/fall space I would imagine. Going to be interesting to see how this all plays out this in the next couple of months. 
    I had the same thought last night. Most (all?) of those arenas are owned by the same people/companies who own the sports team. I would guess all open dates this spring are being held for the time-being in order to ensure the max dates available for rescheduling.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
    PJNB said:
    I think the fall should be clear.  My guess is that the NBA resumes and plays into the summer to finish the season.  They will delay the start of next season to give the players some off time.  There is already talk that the nba would shift its season to start closer to Christmas anyway so this just might accelerate that plan. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

edited March 2020
    PeterED said:
    PJNB said:
    I had the same thought last night. Most (all?) of those arenas are owned by the same people/companies who own the sports team. I would guess all open dates this spring are being held for the time-being in order to ensure the max dates available for rescheduling.
    For sure. Here is all the scenarios I can think of. Since Ohana and the East Coast have festivals already on the go it would make sense to take advantage of that with the leg 1 shows that are in that area. It all really depends what they how far along the leg 2 planning/booking was and if they want to blow that up and start over. Also they want to make a huge splash with the elections. I bet they are trying their hardest to get it all in before November for the states at least. 

- Delay the 2nd Leg and fit this one into the September slot with the festivals included pushing Leg 2 to October or Nov
    - Keep the 2nd leg as is and somehow fit this in before or after in August or October. This will be a lot of shows for them from Jun to October though. Probably in the 45-50 shows range. They have not toured like that since 2006 in such a short span
    - Start over on the planning and mix both legs up into a tour similar to 2013 with a September start
    - Push the 1st leg until after the election in Nov or next year late winter/early spring and let all of this settle out. 

They also probably have a South America 2021 spring or fall tour planned I would bet and Australia was probably in the works for late this year or early next. On top of that there would have to be another NA leg planned like 2014 had to hit all of the missing locations from the first leg. Going to be interesting how this all plays out. 

Post edited by PJNB on

edited March 2020
    on2legs said:

Crazy. That is definitely going to delay the 2020-2021 schedule as well I would assume. Normally bands can book that far in advance but wonder if this will affect a large group of bands from rebooking then from the spring cancelations until the pro sports teams get this figured out. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    I dont follow the NBA, but I would assume even if only postponed it still would be a shortened season. maybe play half of the remaining games over the summer or something.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    YAKIMATSU said:
    vedpunk said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Coming from you,  funny. Please go back to accusing pj of trying to hurt der leader by postponing. Facts cause you to name call, wow.
    You can't seem to figure it out that I'm not a fan of Trump and never said I was.  Go back to spreading fear though.  That always helps.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:

Crazy. That is definitely going to delay the 2020-2021 schedule as well I would assume. Normally bands can book that far in advance but wonder if this will affect a large group of bands from rebooking then from the spring cancelations until the pro sports teams get this figured out. 
    The seasons are going to be shortened. If they play to august, they next season probably won't start to December at best. Same with the NHL, the players unions will make sure all the members get their normal time off. They probably already have different scenarios being worked on for dates. Also the NBA/NHL takes precedent and the arenas won't book anything not already scheduled until the leagues get their new dates in. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    They were so far out in front on this. Love this band. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Still don’t care for the political part of the statement but it’s clearer now it was not premature. Hysteria is unwarranted but getting out in front of this seems to be a major factor in keeping numbers down.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    I'm going to the NASCAR race in Atlanta this weekend.  Assuming they don't cancel before then. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    JimmyV said:
    They were so far out in front on this. Love this band. 
    +1
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • BRONDOBRONDO Posts: 446
    ^^^^^this
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,760
    I said this to friends 3 weeks ago and they acted like i was nuts.  it's coming in certain cities in this country.

and i'm not a prepper or a conspiracy theorist.  this was obvious weeks ago with what was happening in korea and japan and we sat on our thumbs and didn't even produce tests until people started dropping dead.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    ComeToTX said:
    I said this to friends 3 weeks ago and they acted like i was nuts.  it's coming in certain cities in this country.

and i'm not a prepper or a conspiracy theorist.  this was obvious weeks ago with what was happening in korea and japan and we sat on our thumbs and didn't even produce tests until people started dropping dead.
    I'll be honest, If you had said it to me three weeks ago I would have reacted the same as your friends. I was wrong. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    DewieCox said:
    Still don’t care for the political part of the statement but it’s clearer now it was not premature. Hysteria is unwarranted but getting out in front of this seems to be a major factor in keeping numbers down.
    Do you honestly feel that the US government had & has done everything it could have to prepare and prevent this outbreak? Ignore the president, I am talking about the government as a whole. That's why they expressed that statement. We've been let down by those in charge to protect other interests over health from a virus that we had time to prepare for. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    JP218404 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    DewieCox said:
    So there is no absolute truth anymore then, huh? Trust no one because theres nothing left to trust. 

I guess this is the real damage done by Trump over the past few years.
    Is there? Have you heard it? It’s nearly impossible to dig through the spin.

Most of that  damage has been there long before Trump  and will remain long after. 
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

This fucking guy has spent FOUR GODDAMN YEARS spewing "Fake News" and "the main stream media is the enemy of the public" to his neanderthal group of zombie moron followers and you think he hasn't poured gasoline over everything and made it 100X worse?

Sometimes I honestly need to ask myself if people have been watching the same thing as I have since this clown was elected.
    But he is a genius of himself

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
    February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.” NOTE: The CDC advises people displaying symptoms to stay home and self-quarantine unless seeking medical care.

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
    March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

Current status: As of noon March 8, 2020, coronavirus is in 30 states plus the District of Columbia. Known U.S. cases exceed 400. The death toll stands at 19.

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

Thank you @JP218404 - given the events of today, I thought it appropriate to bump this post. 

And to think Coronavirus will be the buffoons reason to axe Pence strictly to add a female as a running mate. Insanity I tell ya!
    Yep thanks for bumping it , if I’m Bernie or Biden I’m blasting this at every event possible..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....