Options

CoVid19 Virus : Impact on PJ Spring & Summer Tours

Comments

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited February 2020
      Wanna get scared?  This documentary on the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1919 was produced by Cambridge University..

History cannot be denied... it happened..... remember this was before air travel.

https://youtu.be/3x1aLAw_xkY
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,820
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Off topic. The Olympics are probably 50/50 now.
    Says who? 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,773
    PJNB said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Says who? 
    A poster on a pearl jam forum.  There is no evidence at all of any need nor statistical probability of such a thing.  A former IOC representative got interviewed yesterday and quoted as saying that the IOC has until likely May 1st before they have to consider cancelling the olympics.   And that was refuted by the IOC.  Because if a serious potential pandemic started on May 2nd, the Olympics would likely have a potential of being cancelled.  As it would if something had an outbreak on June 11th, or July 8th.  

This is all fear mongering.

The virus is very real.  Any novel form of a virus presents a great deal of concern to the WHO and CDC etc.  In all situations, worst outcomes are very possible.  Precautions could become necessary and severe.   But random acts of assessment be people who have no idea what they are talking about are just that.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 564
    PJNB said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Says who? 
    Logic. Japan is going to be off limits for travel as early as today. 
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJNB said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Says who? 
    So, logically you have deduced, that from today until infinity time Japan will be closed for all travel?

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,820
    PB11041 said:
    PJNB said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Says who? 
    A poster on a pearl jam forum.  There is no evidence at all of any need nor statistical probability of such a thing.  A former IOC representative got interviewed yesterday and quoted as saying that the IOC has until likely May 1st before they have to consider cancelling the olympics.   And that was refuted by the IOC.  Because if a serious potential pandemic started on May 2nd, the Olympics would likely have a potential of being cancelled.  As it would if something had an outbreak on June 11th, or July 8th.  

This is all fear mongering.

The virus is very real.  Any novel form of a virus presents a great deal of concern to the WHO and CDC etc.  In all situations, worst outcomes are very possible.  Precautions could become necessary and severe.   But random acts of assessment be people who have no idea what they are talking about are just that.
    It really is. 
  • Options
    myoung321 said:
      Wanna get scared?  This documentary on the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1919 was produced by Cambridge University..

History cannot be denied... it happened..... remember this was before air travel.

https://youtu.be/3x1aLAw_xkY
    Also, it is 2020, a century later.  

• Options
    edited February 2020
    PB11041 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJNB said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Says who? 
    So, logically you have deduced, that from today until infinity time Japan will be closed for all travel?

No. The vaccine will take at least one year per the cdc. Most vaccines take at least 18 months. Of course this requires logic.
    Post edited by YAKIMATSU on
  • Options
    jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234

[img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    how how about this, if your sick DONT come to the shows. If your a moron who is coughing, stay the fuck home. If you have a fever, stay the fuck home. If you are gunna sneeze, cover your fucking face. Is that clear? If you have any questions just let me know.
    People cough when they have the common cold.  You expect people with colds to stay home from Pearl Jam?  Calm down.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJNB said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Says who? 
    I don’t think that’s what @YAKIMATSU is saying at all. I’m a huge fan of The National, and their tour is scheduled to kick off in Japan a day before PJ plays Toronto. Unfortunately fans in Korea are having to sell tickets already due to the fact that upon returning from the show they will be put in quarantine for 14 days and can not afford to do that. I honestly will not be shocked if the National’s  Japan dates are postponed. 

The fact is we just do not know how quickly it will spread. I’m not canceling my trip to Toronto, but I’d be lying if I said that I don’t think there is a possibility that some of the Euro PJ dates could be postponed IF it spreads widely. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    this is going to get ugly. don't be surprised if the summer and fall tour cancelled. 
  • Options
    guitar101 said:
    Not that its a perfect comparison, but concerts and sporting events werent all cancelled in Toronto during the 2003 Sars outbreak.  I remember going to shows at the Scotiabank arena (then the Air Canada Centre) right in the middle of it.  Lots of people wore masks on the subway and on the streets, but life still went on.
    COVID-19 has infected exponentially more people in a fraction of the time. This blew past 8 months of SARS cases in like 3 weeks. 

By the time the Spring tour kicks off this projects toward 100 times more cases than SARS ever had. By Summer tour? Who knows... 

Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options

I’m bringing a Box of P100 fitted masks and rocking out 😂😂😂😂😂😂
    We absolutely have full PPE and if the show is on, we may show up in gear and rock out with some PJ slogan on the gear 😂
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    jhager79 said:

“Dick Pound” :giggle:
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I disinfect everything in my area like a MF’er before i sit down on a plane.  Im a germaphobe to begin with. 
    Do you follow @passengershaming on Insta? It has taught me to absolutely FEAR most methods of transportation. People are fucking disgusting. 
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    BugCityForTheNightBugCityForTheNight Canberra, Australia Posts: 73
    I disinfect everything in my area like a MF’er before i sit down on a plane.  Im a germaphobe to begin with. 
    Do you follow @passengershaming on Insta? It has taught me to absolutely FEAR most methods of transportation. People are fucking disgusting. 

This has entertained me on a slow afternoon at work! Amazing!
    2006 - Melb RLA night 1
    2009 - Sydney Brisbane Melbourne
    2011 - EV Sydney 1, 2, 3 & Canberra
    2014 - EV Sydney 1, 2, 3
    2020 - Hamilton, Baltimore, New York
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    hedonist said:
    jhager79 said:

“Dick Pound” :giggle:
    Let’s not make light of this- the problem is compounding, not Dick Pounding

;-)
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414

I’m bringing a Box of P100 fitted masks and rocking out 😂😂😂😂😂😂
    We absolutely have full PPE and if the show is on, we may show up in gear and rock out with some PJ slogan on the gear 😂
    The band is ready. 

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited February 2020
     Is for GA or the Merch line???? ;)

Lighten up........gotta laugh!
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    No contacts allowed in GA. 3 feet distance minimum. Don't touch rail. No screaming during DTE to avoid accidental spitting. No passing around the bottle. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PB11041 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJNB said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Says who? 

No. The vaccine will take at least one year per the cdc. Most vaccines take at least 18 months. Of course this requires logic.
    So, what you are logically saying, is that until a vaccine is ready, the entire world will shut down?  I see.  Very logical.

Again, this is real, it is a virus, it is dangerous because a novel virus is not predictable.  But making shit up because people read shit on twitter and reddit doesn't change reality.  Yes, very bad things could happen.  Predicting them as a coin flip is totally ridiculous and based on no evidence.

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJNB said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Says who? 
    I don’t think that’s what @YAKIMATSU is saying at all. I’m a huge fan of The National, and their tour is scheduled to kick off in Japan a day before PJ plays Toronto. Unfortunately fans in Korea are having to sell tickets already due to the fact that upon returning from the show they will be put in quarantine for 14 days and can not afford to do that. I honestly will not be shocked if the National’s  Japan dates are postponed. 

The fact is we just do not know how quickly it will spread. I’m not canceling my trip to Toronto, but I’d be lying if I said that I don’t think there is a possibility that some of the Euro PJ dates could be postponed IF it spreads widely. 
    great, but this is not evidence that the Olympics are a 50/50 proposition at this time.  That is a total bullshit estimation based on utter nonsense and fear mongering. 

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJNB said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Says who? 

great, but this is not evidence that the Olympics are a 50/50 proposition at this time.  That is a total bullshit estimation based on utter nonsense and fear mongering. 

I agree. What total nonsense.  It isn't like they shut down the entire country's school system. 

What?  Come again?  They did just shut down the country's entire school system?    No.  Really?  They did?  Well, school is not as important than the Olympics. 

• Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    PB11041 said:
    This. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJNB said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Says who? 

Bullshit? You are correct 50/50 is probably way to positive. 
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    PJNB said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Says who? 

I agree. What total nonsense.  It isn't like they shut down the entire country's school system. 

What?  Come again?  They did just shut down the country's entire school system?    No.  Really?  They did?  Well, school is not as important than the Olympics. 

So a proactive measure on February 27th is going to least indefinitely.  Got it.

The death rate outside of Hubei Province by the way, in China is 0.4%.  Which again only is qualified by overall reported documented cases.

• Options
    PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    edited February 2020
    It will unfortunately.   Hopefully hold off a bit but seems to be spreading faster everyday.

20 days to Toronto!!!  2% chance isn’t much but more than I would like.  I can’t live without Pearl Jam so I’m going.

"All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    Just wear a fucking condom, it’s not that hard.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
This discussion has been closed.