Options

CoVid19 Virus : Impact on PJ Spring & Summer Tours

Comments

• Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited February 2020
    In 3 weeks to the hour I should be deplaning in Ottawa to prep for the show the following night. 

FUCK OFF COVID-19! Go away, mane! 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    In 3 weeks to the hour I should be deplaning in Ottawa to prep for the show the following night. 

Sad. In three weeks almost to the hour, I should be arriving home from Newark having just flown home from Toronto for the kickoff show the night before.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options

Sad. In three weeks almost to the hour, I should be arriving home from Newark having just flown home from Toronto for the kickoff show the night before.
    Nice! Good luck!!
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    mace1229 said:
    I didnt hear that. Patients are getting this virus a second time?
    Yep : https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/27/japanese-woman-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-for-second-time

Coronavirus: Japanese woman tests positive for second time

Tour guide had been given all-clear but then developed a sore throat and chest pains

Cases of second positive tests have been reported in China. The outbreak has spread rapidly and widely, infecting about 80,000 people globally and killing nearly 2,800, the vast majority in mainland China.

“Once you have the infection, it could remain dormant and with minimal symptoms, and then you can get an exacerbation if it finds its way into the lungs,” said Prof Philip Tierno at New York University’s school of medicine. He said much remained unknown about the virus. “I’m not certain that this is not biphasic, like anthrax,” he said, meaning the disease might appear to go away before recurring.

Something is off with this story:
    "She first tested positive on 29 January and was discharged from hospital after recovering on 1 February, before testing negative on 6 February."

SO she tested positive and they release her 2 days later, before testing negative on 2/6? Something doesn't add up, so I'm not too concerned about this story and the ability to re-infect. 
  • Options
    Yefa said:
    how how about this, if your sick DONT come to the shows. If your a moron who is coughing, stay the fuck home. If you have a fever, stay the fuck home. If you are gunna sneeze, cover your fucking face. Is that clear? If you have any questions just let me know.
    People cough when they have the common cold.  You expect people with colds to stay home from Pearl Jam?  Calm down.
    No
  • Options

Some humor to lighten the mood...
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options

So basically 2007 was the only good year to be alive.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    mace1229 said:

So basically 2007 was the only good year to be alive.

No.  PJ only played 2 shows in the US.
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    Just wear a fucking condom, it’s not that hard.

thats what she said.

• Options
    PD279656 said:
    There is zero chance this affects the tour. 
    Quoted for posterity 

• Options
    ...so, Switzerland has imposed a ban on public events that gather more than 1,000 people together in the same place until at least March 15 in response to the coronavirus threat.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/coronavirus_switzerland-bans-events-with-more-than-1-000-people/45585378

Hopefully all will be under control by summer :-/

... se key on. ;-)

Pearl Jam Sept. 23, 2006 Berlin | June 20, 2010 Berlin | July 04 & 05, 2012 Berlin | June 26, 2014 Berlin | June 12 & 13, 2018 Amsterdam | July 05, 2018 Berlin
    EV June 01, 2017 Berlin | June 28, 2019 Berlin | June 30, 2019 Düsseldorf
  • Options
    So GA only shows then.
  • Options
    ...so, Switzerland has imposed a ban on public events that gather more than 1,000 people together in the same place until at least March 15 in response to the coronavirus threat.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/coronavirus_switzerland-bans-events-with-more-than-1-000-people/45585378

They likely won't be the last, unfortunately... :(  

• Options
    I’m bringing a Box of P100 fitted masks and rocking out 😂😂😂😂😂😂
    An N95 is just as useful and less intimidating.
    I’m a health and safety consultant. I’ll take my own advice 😎
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    I wonder if work will allow me to borrow their SCBA's for this tour. Bottles only last 20 minutes though. 
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2020
    The number in a rating tells you the minimum amount of airborne challenge particles the mask protects against: an N95 mask keeps out at least 95% of particles but isn't oil resistant, and a P100 mask is oil proof while protecting the wearer from at least 99.8% of particles.

A dust mask isn’t going to protect you from a virus. A P100 will protect you to particles the size of .1 to .3 microns. It’s the small stuff that will get you 👍

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I wonder if work will allow me to borrow their SCBA's for this tour. Bottles only last 20 minutes though. 
    Longer if you really slow your breathing haha. Think of it though, you are also protected from a potential H2S release, which is the dude in front of you in GA with a gas problem (happens ALL THE TIME)
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,412
    I wish with all the coverage on the news and the "panic" in the world today that this thread would shut down and people would stop talking about it. 
  • Options
    I wish with all the coverage on the news and the "panic" in the world today that this thread would shut down and people would stop talking about it. 
    I was being sarcastic. But I get your point. Ignore the media. 
    Go to the World Health Organization for the facts. 
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,901
    Some quotes from the CDC today: 

"Disruption to everyday life might be severe," says Dr. Nancy Messonnier. She said she told her children this morning, "While I didn't think they were at risk right now, we as a family ought to be preparing for significant disruption to our lives.

"The data over the last week and the spread in other countries has certainly raised our level of concern and certainly raised our level of expectation that we are going to have community spread here."  
    Outlook for coronavirus in the U.S.: CDC is "preparing as if we are going to see community spread in the near term," says Dr. Messonnier on media call. 
    U.S. CDC: "We can have community spread in the United States and have it be reasonably mild, we can have community spread in the U.S. and have it be very severe. So that's what we don't completely know yet." 
    U.S. CDC: "We're asking folks in every sector, as well as people within their families, to start planning for this, because as we've seen from the recent countries that have had community spread, when it hit in those countries, it has moved quite rapidly.
    Audio of the briefing = https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/t0225-cdc-telebriefing-covid-19-update.mp3

So now the CDC is expecting community spread In North America, and preparing for it near term. They're telling people to begin preparing for this, and to be ready for possibility of significant disruption to their lives. 

I'm not saying any shows will definitely cancelled, however IF community spread gets fairly widespread as the CDC is now preparing for, we absolutely will see cancelation of events involving mass gatherings in affected communities. IF THAT HAPPENS, There is a good chance that will include PJ shows. 
    Fingers crossed things slow down over in Europe, and our excellent medical systems in North America are able to keep spread to a minimum.... It's been a long time since I've been this excited for a run of shows, and have thousands tied up in travel/show expenses. 
    I hate to be a downer, but there was just a reported case of the virus in CA that was labeled community spread as the infected individual did not travel abroad or have any direct contact with another infected person. I’m not panicking or keeping myself locked in my house, but this case is a stark reminder that we should all be aware and not take things too lightly. Wash those hands people and if you’re feeling sick....get checked out and stay home!!

This happened in a city just north of where I live, and it is about a 30-40 drive to Oakland from there. Good thing I'm not in a workplace where the virus could spread quickly like a classroom... Oh wait.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    It is going to be interesting to see how this unfolds.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see shows canceled in certain cities.
  • Options
    Im still sure the band won't  risk it.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 564
    Im still sure the band won't  risk it.

Fortunately and unfortunately, I agree. 
  • Options
    LinhasportLinhasport Porto - Portugal Posts: 61

They just canceled one of the biggest auto shows, the geneva auto show, if you think how many manufacturers had new models to show on that event and how big it´s yhe cost of changing the event dates i think one concert wont be very difficult to cancel.

Also you can see it in italy with football games for example, just hoping that in this time until july things get really better
  • Options
    Ben Harper just canceled his Japan tour.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    For a painting project a few months ago i stocked up on a bunch of N100 and N95 respirator masks.   Its insane what people are trying to sell those for online now.  Glad i have these just in case.  Thats crazy.  

• Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Some quotes from the CDC today: 

"Disruption to everyday life might be severe," says Dr. Nancy Messonnier. She said she told her children this morning, "While I didn't think they were at risk right now, we as a family ought to be preparing for significant disruption to our lives.

"The data over the last week and the spread in other countries has certainly raised our level of concern and certainly raised our level of expectation that we are going to have community spread here."  
    Outlook for coronavirus in the U.S.: CDC is "preparing as if we are going to see community spread in the near term," says Dr. Messonnier on media call. 
    U.S. CDC: "We can have community spread in the United States and have it be reasonably mild, we can have community spread in the U.S. and have it be very severe. So that's what we don't completely know yet." 
    U.S. CDC: "We're asking folks in every sector, as well as people within their families, to start planning for this, because as we've seen from the recent countries that have had community spread, when it hit in those countries, it has moved quite rapidly.
    Audio of the briefing = https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/t0225-cdc-telebriefing-covid-19-update.mp3

So now the CDC is expecting community spread In North America, and preparing for it near term. They're telling people to begin preparing for this, and to be ready for possibility of significant disruption to their lives. 

I'm not saying any shows will definitely cancelled, however IF community spread gets fairly widespread as the CDC is now preparing for, we absolutely will see cancelation of events involving mass gatherings in affected communities. IF THAT HAPPENS, There is a good chance that will include PJ shows. 
    Fingers crossed things slow down over in Europe, and our excellent medical systems in North America are able to keep spread to a minimum.... It's been a long time since I've been this excited for a run of shows, and have thousands tied up in travel/show expenses. 
    I hate to be a downer, but there was just a reported case of the virus in CA that was labeled community spread as the infected individual did not travel abroad or have any direct contact with another infected person. I’m not panicking or keeping myself locked in my house, but this case is a stark reminder that we should all be aware and not take things too lightly. Wash those hands people and if you’re feeling sick....get checked out and stay home!!

This happened in a city just north of where I live, and it is about a 30-40 drive to Oakland from there. Good thing I'm not in a workplace where the virus could spread quickly like a classroom... Oh wait.
    I live in Tracy, so it's not that far away from me as well. The news definitely hits close to home and has us taking measures to limit potential exposure. 
  • Options
    On the  news just now they  said London  may cancel  gatherings  over 1000 as a precaution to try and  slow it down before it gets  going too much
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Can anyone recommend a good hazmat suit? 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    Can anyone recommend a good hazmat suit? 
    Image result for hazmat suit homemade
This discussion has been closed.