Options

CoVid19 Virus : Impact on PJ Spring & Summer Tours

Comments

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    edited March 2020
    O_G_D said:

Well we have sprung forward.  Coronavirus is spreading and freaking everyone out....  What's forthcoming?  Full Moon (Worm Moon) tomorrow night, It's the 13th this Friday and The Ides of March are upon us......  Everything is not coming up Milhouse......
    I haven't adjusted to the time difference.

• Options
    I just don't want to be Comatose.
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    PJNB said:
    Most of Canada's cases linked to the US:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/victoriaforster/2020/03/06/most-of-canadas-recent-new-cases-of-covid-19-are-linked-to-the-us/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf#7a4db1585886

While I'm happy to see so few cases in Canada (specifically Ottawa and Quebec City), I also know there will be a LOT of fans at the shows from the US, and likely cities with COVID spreading freely. 

Hopefully these shows don't contribute to Initial exposure for some Canadian communities/cities. 
    Build a wall!
    I have a better idea! 

Lol! Classic 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    Let’s do this!
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    md281342md281342 Posts: 46
    edited March 2020
    we have a disaster of a mayor here in NYC,and our governor isnt far behind, very good chance msg show will be cancelled along with many other large gatherings..I hope not as I am super stoked for another hometown show but.....just saying 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,322
    rummy said:
    MFC - Mother Fxxxin’ Coronavirus 
    First time MFC used! Good one
    Except where I used it 4 pages prior.

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/284532/covid19-virus-impact-on-pj-spring-summer-tours/p36

;) 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,503
    edited March 2020
    The BNP Paribas tennis tournament that was supposed to start tomorrow in Indian Wells was JUST cancelled. 
    Take that however you want it.
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    rummy said:

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/284532/covid19-virus-impact-on-pj-spring-summer-tours/p36

;) 
    Oh man, I'm sorry....I even commented on yours!!
    I'm going buggy
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    rummy said:

;) 
    I'm going buggy
    or would you say outta my mind?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    rummy said:

;) 
    I'm going buggy
    or would you say outta my mind?
    I could....The fact that a tennis tournament was cx one day it was supposed to start and there is only 1 case known in the area doesn't bode well for Coachella...it's driving me crazy
  • Options
    Can we spring ahead 10 days to T.O. and start of tour already??!! One hour isn't cutting it for me...
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 865
    My guess is band won't cancel unless cities ban large events. Was reading article on SXSW saying insurance doesnt cover things like coronavirus. Not sure if that has any impact on band cancelling. 
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    sd150448 said:
    Drop the mask! Drop the mask! Get out of my fu***in face
    hahahah good one!..... tks for laugh.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    There ain't gonna be any middle any more.... (6ft minimum with social distancing)

• Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    apparently Coachella is next to be canceled... some vendors have been contacted. 
  • Options
    Melzombie said:
    apparently Coachella is next to be canceled... some vendors have been contacted. 
    they just freaking cx the Indian Wells tournament over 1 case in the hospital.....
  • Options
    prljmr316prljmr316 Denver, CO Posts: 162
    Has anyone mentioned Bugs yet?
    John Strohmeyer
  • Options
    mikesbri said:
    My guess is band won't cancel unless cities ban large events. Was reading article on SXSW saying insurance doesnt cover things like coronavirus. Not sure if that has any impact on band cancelling. 
    If the local city/county public health officer in charge cancels then it isn't up to the band....
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    Anyone live in St. Louis?? Any events canceling? 
  • Options
    San Diego has cx a health care convention, but an electronica dance festival went on Saturday and Sunday....
  • Options
    Melzombie said:
    Anyone live in St. Louis?? Any events canceling? 
    Only thing I found closed was I-64 do to a truck with soybeans overturned.

https://fox2now.com/news/major-delays-after-tractor-trailer-overturns-on-i-64-highway-dumps-soybeans/
  • Options
    This could have been anticipated:
    (CNN)The Trump administration has had nearly three months to track the spread of coronavirus and get ready for its arrival in the United States. But given the state of the government's level of preparedness and public messaging, one might assume that Covid-19 was born yesterday.

• Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,723
    CO278952 said:
    Will be flying up from Orlando for MSG. Going on a cruise with the family for spring break in a week. Life is good! As others have said use common sense. Don’t live in fear. Hoping the best for all. Enjoy the tour!
    CO278952 said:
    Will be flying up from Orlando for MSG. Going on a cruise with the family for spring break in a week. Life is good! As others have said use common sense. Don’t live in fear. Hoping the best for all. Enjoy the tour!
    Terrible idea to go on a cruise . 
  • Options
    CO278952 said:

Agree that cruise is a terrible idea....would start expecting cruise lines to cancel...floating petri dishes even when all they spread is norovirus. But that spreads like wildfire
  • Options
    CO278952 said:
    CO278952 said:
    And what if you have to be in quarantine for 14 days after your cruise? Won't you miss the NY show?

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Indian Wells is a HUGE tournament. Just below the 4 grand slams...  Crazy.  
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 508
    prljmr316 said:
    Has anyone mentioned Bugs yet?
    (darn Good one - )
  • Options
    CO278952 said:
    CO278952 said:
    Virus or no virus..... That's good advice!

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/08/dow-futures-drop-700-points-as-all-out-oil-price-war-adds-to-coronavirus-stress.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Message

I hope everyone is prepared to be broke tomorrow.

I have a feeling tomorrow is gonna be the worst day for the market so far.

Its gonna be a fucking blood bath.

Urgh.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Triberjay25Triberjay25 Detroit Posts: 115
    Saltzy23 said:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/08/dow-futures-drop-700-points-as-all-out-oil-price-war-adds-to-coronavirus-stress.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Message

I hope everyone is prepared to be broke tomorrow.

I have a feeling tomorrow is gonna be the worst day for the market so far.

Its gonna be a fucking blood bath.

Urgh.
    Yeah it's going to be bad, futures are down 1200 now.....
    03/20/94 - Ann Arbor
    09/22/96 - Toledo
    10/16/14 - Detroit
    09/26/21 - Dana Point
    10/01/21 - Dana Point
    10/02/21 - Dana Point
    05/06/22 - Los Angeles
    05/07/22 - Los Angeles 
    07/03/22 - Stockholm
    07/05/22 - Copenhagen
    09/08/22 - Toronto 
    09/16/22 - Nashville