Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    https://www.ticketnews.com/2020/01/pearl-jam-ticketing-predicament/
    Long, but very interesting if you keep an open mind. 
    Back in my day, scalping was illegal. Now it's pushed out the little guy scalper and made mega scalpers of stubhub, etc.

It should still be illegal.

Sucks that this guy has a business around something like reselling tickets, but I don't feel bad if his business suffers for this.  It should be illegal anyway. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    These sojourns into the crazy fanclub depths we go through every time the band tours are something else. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,757
    JimmyV said:
    This is starting to go from annoying to bullshit. No email, nothing in 10 account, Ticketmaster doesn't even show that I've purchased anything, even though I have. 
    In the Denver thread, someone reports calling YET ANOTHER THIRD PARTY (Altitude Tickets) who said to the poster, yes you got GA, even though there's no report of it anywhere, but there's been problems between 10 and Ticketmaster.
    Anyone who trusts anything at this point and still thinks it's a great system has their head buried in the sand. 
    Literally says on the timeline that we'll be notified tomorrow.

Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
    jimcsot said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    No, I really just want to know if the seats have been assigned since at least Tuesday when the leaks started, why we're all waiting. If Ticketmaster can share them with all their third parties, why can't they share them with the Ten Club members who actually own the seats. Seems like a completely logical question to me.
    Because not everything has been completed yet.
    In the immortal words of Walter Sobchak: “Life does not stop and start at your convenience, you miserable piece...”.
    I get how this works here. I can rant my opinion and then 20 people will gang up on me and call me a piece of shit, an embarrassment even to Walmart etc. I really don't give two cents to any of your personal attacks. Not losing sleep over your nastiness, so really, you don't have to top my rant against a business practice with your cyber-bullying against a human being.
    Have a lovely evening all.
    You can rant all you like. They told us on Monday that we would be notified friday.

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,757

Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • jimcsotjimcsot Posts: 39
    jimcsot said:In the immortal words of Walter Sobchak: “Life does not stop and start at your convenience, you miserable piece...”.
    I get how this works here. I can rant my opinion and then 20 people will gang up on me and call me a piece of shit, an embarrassment even to Walmart etc. I really don't give two cents to any of your personal attacks. Not losing sleep over your nastiness, so really, you don't have to top my rant against a business practice with your cyber-bullying against a human being.
    I’m just funnin’ man. I’m sorry. Just having a couple laughs. 
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Thank you for sharing.
    Marketing, that's all this is.  Ten Club just let go of its ticketing arm, and now Ticketmaster and their affiliates got all our emails to sell. Within hours of my ticket confirmation, I got flooded by StubHub, and I've never been on Stub Hub in my life.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    Yeah, I don’t get the big deal about the tickets. We’ll know tomorrow. Can’t transfer them until February anyway (unless Denver and NYC I guess). 
    When I heard about the loophole I was curious, logged in and didn’t see anything. Forgot about it 2 seconds later.

I also assume the F2F will exist for Denver and NY. Why would it not be? The law just allows for transfer of tickets, I doubt it prevents anything like F2F. Now there will probably be a lot fewer tickets because your asking people to sell something for $100 when they can easily get $500 so obviously there will be a lot who chose not to use it. but I don’t see why it would t be allowed.
  • jimcsot said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    No, I really just want to know if the seats have been assigned since at least Tuesday when the leaks started, why we're all waiting. If Ticketmaster can share them with all their third parties, why can't they share them with the Ten Club members who actually own the seats. Seems like a completely logical question to me.
    In the immortal words of Walter Sobchak: “Life does not stop and start at your convenience, you miserable piece...”.
    Overall I enjoyed your rant. I also wouldn't mind knowing my seats now and I guess you can say I'm a little jealous of those who do lol
  • ClapperClapper Posts: 208
    edited January 2020
    Climb down off the cross champ. Literally nobody called you a POS.  Based on your posts in this thread though I’d argue that you don’t know how it works here or possibly anywhere else. Good luck with your faux victimization and  seat mission.
    Post edited by Clapper on
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • jimcsot said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Just so you’re aware Walmart managers makes upwards of $150,000-$180,000 a year. Has nothing to do with this list other than you calling out Walmart. I’d imagine those guys can wait for their seat assignments 
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    jimcsot said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Imagine being this person 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Back in my day, scalping was illegal. Now it's pushed out the little guy scalper and made mega scalpers of stubhub, etc.

Sucks that this guy has a business around something like reselling tickets, but I don't feel bad if his business suffers for this.  It should be illegal anyway. 
    Guess you didn't read it all... not condoning scalping myself, but one of his points is... what about the fan who wants to buy tickets even if price is > face? Don't tell me that some of you on here wouldn't pay extra to get in to a show you really want? 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    spankyMP said:

I laugh every time I see this. I sent this to my wife once. It didn’t go very well. 
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    What I enjoyed about this, is that his main conclusion was that Ticketmaster shouldn’t be allowed to have a monopoly position in the market. Which is what PJ was fighting for decades ago!
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 655

gotthebottle said:
    To summarize, the author, a professional scalper (aka "ticket broker") doesn't know if these new PJ ticketing features are great ideas, because they threaten his livelihood as a professional scalper, and people should be able to pay $5,000/ticket if they want to-->I like these innovations even more, after reading how upset a professional scalper is.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Vedd Hedd said:

Guess you didn't read it all... not condoning scalping myself, but one of his points is... what about the fan who wants to buy tickets even if price is > face? Don't tell me that some of you on here wouldn't pay extra to get in to a show you really want? 
    They can buy tickets for face value like everyone else on the 18th and beyond that missed out. Why should the rich be the closest and feed into the scalping market that takes away from real fans that wanted tix on the initial sales?
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 839
    ddeschler said:

gotthebottle said:
    To summarize, the author, a professional scalper (aka "ticket broker") doesn't know if these new PJ ticketing features are great ideas, because they threaten his livelihood as a professional scalper, and people should be able to pay $5,000/ticket if they want to-->I like these innovations even more, after reading how upset a professional scalper is.
    That's how I read it. 
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • SL6005 said:

I'm 124xxx Sec 114, Row B (on a single ticket).  Same thoughts here.  Who is in Rows AA-MM?
    I had seen your earlier post.  Knowing I am 133XXX, I thought I'd be pretty close to you, assuming some of the 10,000 in between our numbers have let their membership lapses or didn't plan to come to Nashville.  That is probably also why I was surprised when I saw J and really got me wondering about the double letters.
    Wow.. 400XXX going to nashville... guessing I'm gonna be 200 level or something! #Gutted

Glad I'm hitting 4 shows this tour. 
    Being in the 4’s you’re likely to have a seat in the 100 level about 3/4 of the way to the opposite end of the arena from the stage or in the reserved floor section about that same distance back, based on some posts last night in this thread by people who had seen their tickets and offered up their numbers and sections to the board here.  The only people in the 200 level had numbers in the mid to high 600s and up.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398

@100 Pacer maybe this the the eye of the hurricane?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Vedd Hedd said:

That's exactly it...people can rant all they want about how mean the basic law of economics (supply curve meeting demand curve, limited supply drives up prices, etc.) is, but you might as well rant about how mean the law of gravity is if you fall off of a building - it's not something with intent, or feelings, or malice, it just IS, so the sooner you come to grips with it instead of whining about how "unfair" it is, the better off you will be. Life is unfair, get used to it.

The fact is, "scalpers" do provide a service, i.e. a functioning ticket market. I have season tickets to the S.F. Giants - in the old days, if I couldn't use my tickets, I had to deal with "little guy scalpers" outside the stadium, and I hated it - I knew they were taking a cut, and I just wanted to sell directly to the person who would use the ticket. Seemed more "fair." But it was a pain, it took time, I had to try to find someone, etc.

Then Craigslist came along, which was better - it was online, bringing together more potential buyers and sellers, and better price signals. But it was still a pain, I had to email and text with a bunch of people, it took time, you had to actually meet, there were tons of flakes.

So the evil Stubhub comes along...and I love it. Yes, they're taking 15% from me and another 15% from the buyer, but it is so EASY- I spend a couple minutes listing, and as long as I price fairly, they sell - I get the money deposited in my account, the buyer gets their tickets, so easy. The huge benefits are well worth the fee, and clearly millions of people agree. So they perform a great service that people willingly use and pay for, so to say scalping has "made mega scalpers of stubhub" makes me laugh at your naivete.

And let me ask you this - what about the times when it goes the other way? I once left a 96 Bridge School Ticket in a tree outside Shoreline because there was nobody who needed a ticket and I wanted to get into the show. I have had friends flake for concerts so many times and I've sold tickets for half of face value, or even $20 for what cost me $100. How many of you whining about paying more than face have ever benefited by paying less? I've eaten so much money on tickets over the years, there have been many beneficiaries, so the very few times I've made a few bucks, I have no guilt.

Sure, when the Giants are good, I might make a little more than face when I sell tickets, or maybe if it's opening day or a Yankee game. But they've been bad for a few years now, I'd say 95% of tix I've had to sell - on Stubhub - the past few years, I've lost money on. Yet, I'm glad it was there so I could at least get something, it was an easy process. Whoever bought them got a great deal, kudos to them.

Anyway, you're welcome for the economics lesson, even though I know I probably won't change any minds...people will still rage at the unfairness of that pesky supply and demand curve, and rail at "scalpers," and spend their lives in a stew of frustration! 

• Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    edited January 2020
    PJNB said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

They can buy tickets for face value like everyone else on the 18th and beyond that missed out. Why should the rich be the closest and feed into the scalping market that takes away from real fans that wanted tix on the initial sales?
    Why do you just automatically assume that "rich" people are not real fans, but those that won the lotto are?

I guarantee you there are moderate fans that are in the 10C and won the lotto and I guarantee you there are real die hard PJ fans that lost the lotto and have enough cash to be able to buy their way in, but now cannot.

Who "deserves" to go more?
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    edited January 2020
    Vedd Hedd said:

I would and want to. But I can eat shit if it means that the tickets get into the hands of other fans directly. I’ll live. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    ddeschler said:

gotthebottle said:
    Yup. If nothing else you know it’s a good thing because it’s pissing off the right people. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • Soooo....how are the kids? 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • AxillaAxilla Posts: 11
    So what are we thinking? Emails with seat locations go out tomorrow at 4:59 PM PST? I suggest everybody heavily medicate until then and possibly further into the weekend. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    Soooo....how are the kids? 
    Everyone is nice and healthy.  How is Indiana?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Vedd Hedd said:

I would typically not pay a scalper. When I have been shut out, I have had good luck on the forums.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Why do you just automatically assume that "rich" people are not real fans, but those that won the lotto are?

I guarantee you there are moderate fans that are in the 10C and won the lotto and I guarantee you there are real die hard PJ fans that lost the lotto and have enough cash to be able to buy their way in, but now cannot.

Who "deserves" to go more?
    Try reading what I said again. Nowhere did I say rich fans and real fans where different people. I said rich fans pay to get close feeding into the scalpers hands and taking away from real fans that wanted to go at face.

If people did not pay above face for tickets the scalpers would not buy them leaving more tickets to be available for real fans rich or poor. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,902
    mcgruff10 said:

@100 Pacer maybe this the the eye of the hurricane?
    Are you sticking around for Hamilton?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore