Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• smaksmak Posts: 232
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Companies control and create their own shortages to drive prices up.
    EXACTLY.  Diamonds are a perfect example. 
    Also Popeyes chicken sandwich, not price, but demand.
  • Saltzy23 said:
    It just woulda, ya know, been nice to know that there would basically be be no way into the Baltimore show if I didn't figure it out during the 10C lotto or TM sales when the info about the show leaked like 10 days before the official announcement.

I am an idiot for booking a non-refundable hotel room(and if I have to eat that, fine, it's on me) , but Amtrak is gonna be a hot mess that weekend with the Yankees and PJ in town and I really thought it was the safest bet to reserve that as early as possible. If I have to cancel that, I'll get a 75% credit for another trip, which kinda sucks.

I'll obviously wait longer to make any reservations in the future if this is going to be the new ticketing system, but this was kind of a shitty way to have to learn that lesson.
    I imagine that someone on here needs a hotel room in Baltimore and would gladly take it off your hands. Put them as an additional guest on your reservation and they can pay you directly for the room. Call the hotel and let them know that you are paying for ROOM AND TAX only and that your guest will need to put down a CC for incidentals when they check in. That’s of course if you find someone to take the reservation, even at a discount if need be.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394

DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Can anyone else explain what supply and demand is in this thread? I am not sure we got it yet. 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,836
    We got a proper supply of comments, yet a demand for entertainment.
  • BrushdailyBrushdaily Marin County Posts: 194
    Serious question:

is anyone on this forum thinking about the big game Sunday? Or is it 24/7 PJ tickets and tour?
    I'm in the SF Bay Area so I am solely thinking about Sunday
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,538
    Saltzy23 said:
    It just woulda, ya know, been nice to know that there would basically be be no way into the Baltimore show if I didn't figure it out during the 10C lotto or TM sales when the info about the show leaked like 10 days before the official announcement.

I am an idiot for booking a non-refundable hotel room(and if I have to eat that, fine, it's on me) , but Amtrak is gonna be a hot mess that weekend with the Yankees and PJ in town and I really thought it was the safest bet to reserve that as early as possible. If I have to cancel that, I'll get a 75% credit for another trip, which kinda sucks.

I'll obviously wait longer to make any reservations in the future if this is going to be the new ticketing system, but this was kind of a shitty way to have to learn that lesson.

There are “guaranteed” Baltimore tickets on the internet for not the worst of prices. Just not on stub hub.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    edited January 2020
    YAKIMATSU said:
    kst said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    For sure companies do that.  But that is not this situation.  At least not at the individual show level.  They may intentionally tour sparingly so that there’s sufficient buzz when they do to get people interested to enter all these lotteries etc. at a hundred bucks a pop.
    I agree. Thank you PJ for not gouging like most companies/bands do.
    I don't agree. That doesn't make any sense. They tour "sparingly to create a buzz". 

Oh,is that how Pearl jam creates a buzZ, is it? 

They could do 3 nights at a place for the same $100 "bucks a pop".

• rollings said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    kst said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    For sure companies do that.  But that is not this situation.  At least not at the individual show level.  They may intentionally tour sparingly so that there’s sufficient buzz when they do to get people interested to enter all these lotteries etc. at a hundred bucks a pop.
    I don't agree. That doesn't make any sense. They tour "sparingly to create a buzz". 

Sure, they tour sparingly to create a buzz.  Thats why they still tour.  You nailed it.
  • tdawe said:
    DoDaFoo said:
    This thread has gone off the deep end.
    Can’t touch the bottom. 
    IN TO DEEP
    1st:  6/26/1998 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI
    2nd:  6/13/1999 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - TIBETAN FREEDOM (Eddie Vedder + C Average)
    3rd:  8/18/2000 - Deer Creek Music Theater - Noblesville, IN
    4th:  10/8/2000 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI (The Ice Bowl)
    5th:  4/23/2003 - Assembly Hall - Champaign, IL
    6th:  6/18/2003 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    7th:  6/21/2003 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI
    8th:  5/16/06 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    9th:  6/29/2006 - Marcus Amphitheater - Milwaukee, WI
    10th:  8/23/2009 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    11th:  5/7/2010 - Deer Creek Music Theater - Noblesville, IN
    12th:  7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    13th:  10/20/2014 - BMO Harris Bradley Center - Milwaukee, WI
    14th:  8/20/2016 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    15th:  8/22/2016 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    16th:  8/18/2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    17th:  8/20/2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    18th:  9/5/2023 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    19th:  9/7/2023 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    20th:  8/29/2024 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    21st:  8/31/2024 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL

• mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 796
    PJNB said:
    Can anyone else explain what supply and demand is in this thread? I am not sure we got it yet. 
    Basically, when there is an over-abundance of off topic posts in a certain thread, the demand that I read them all is greatly decreased, thereby driving up the desire to have conversations with my cat while on acid.  Full disclosure:  I don't own a cat

rollings said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    kst said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Sure, they tour sparingly to create a buzz.  Thats why they still tour.  You nailed it.
    Can you say that one more time please?
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Soooo....how are the kids? 
    Everyone is nice and healthy.  How is Indiana?
    Great to hear, bud. Please give the family my best. And the same goes for your housekeeper Alice and your dog Oliver.

Things are great here! Unseasonably warm and relatively free of snow. Especially the NW portion of the state. Usually we get bombarded with Lake effect snow off of Lake Michigan between December and February.

There is a suspected case of coronavirus in Porter County (county where I work and 1 county west of where I live). It would be the 7th in the US....so there is that. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • RobZ said:
    So after two long weeks of contemplation..........I'm taking the Niners on the money line!
    Sorry for your loss
  • PJNB said:
    What I've learned is that the supply of TC tickets should be lower so that the supply of secondary market tickets would be higher to meet the demand of people who didn't win TC tickets. This would then lead to more people being shut out in the lottery and therefore increasing the demand for secondary tickets and therefore keeping the price on those tickets high. 

Ultimately we want less TC members getting tickets. 
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Finally the day has arrived! Excited to see seat locations. But even more - if I scored GA or not. Good luck everybody!
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    edited January 2020
    Sarava said:
    Finally the day has arrived! Excited to see seat locations. But even more - if I scored GA or not. Good luck everybody!
    Don't even try to get this thread back on track

But seriously, good luck everyone!
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Yeah. I think there's been a lot of stress and anxiety going around, and today hopefully will be the day where we start to move past all that. If my reserved seats are a little farther back, or heck, if it even pushes me in to the 200 level...that's ok. It's not like they're going to stick us behind the stage or anything. Good luck all :)
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,956
    Ten club tickets... brings out the best and the worst in people. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    on2legs said:
    Ten club tickets... brings out the best and the worst in people. 
    Not sure truer words have ever been spoken!

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• DrdealDrdeal Posts: 695
    Saltzy23 said:

I booked a refundable room in Balt. Could not score tix and cancelled. They still kept $35 of the $270 I paid up front for the room.
    They even get you on the refundable rooms. No Balt for me.
  • Saltzy23 said:

If you have a room booked and transportation, why not just go?  I wouldn't give up just yet.  GTF always seems to have people that have extras.  I know it's not like most tours with the limited shows, so there may not be as much, but it's still worth checking out.  And even if you don't have a ticket, I'd still go. Hit up a pre-party and have some drinks.  Make friends and tell them you don't have a ticket.  They might know someone that knows someone that has a ticket.  It's worth a shot!
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    Sarava said:
    Yeah. I think there's been a lot of stress and anxiety going around, and today hopefully will be the day where we start to move past all that. If my reserved seats are a little farther back, or heck, if it even pushes me in to the 200 level...that's ok. It's not like they're going to stick us behind the stage or anything. Good luck all :)
    Today is the day alright. It's great you have a positive attitude. We're about to move into a realm of anger and complaining that could swallow the whole month of February. Like somebody said earlier, buckle up.

Things were different then
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    Serious question:

is anyone on this forum thinking about the big game Sunday? Or is it 24/7 PJ tickets and tour?

Big game? The Bruins aren't playing Sunday. Pens/Caps? I'll probably have it on in the background while I do other stuff.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • So, has anyone actually received their ticket/seat assignment yet?  I received an email from TM on Jan 18 that I'd scored tickets and my card was billed, but that's it.  Nothing in My Tickets on here or in my TM account.  WTF am I missing?
    Brooklyn, NY (October 19, 2013) | Hartford, CT (October 25, 2013) | Memphis, TN (October 14, 2014) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Boston 2 (August 07, 2016)

*click*
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    So, has anyone actually received their ticket/seat assignment yet?  I received an email from TM on Jan 18 that I'd scored tickets and my card was billed, but that's it.  Nothing in My Tickets on here or in my TM account.  WTF am I missing?
    Yes, we all got them already. Can’t you tell?
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    So, has anyone actually received their ticket/seat assignment yet?  I received an email from TM on Jan 18 that I'd scored tickets and my card was billed, but that's it.  Nothing in My Tickets on here or in my TM account.  WTF am I missing?
    The timeline

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946

Did you sacrifice a live chicken in a circle of salt while saying each band member's name in a clear, loud voice and five black candles lit? Were they ACTUALLY black, or did you cheap out and buy candles at Hobby Lobby that are almost-but-not-quite black?

No one has found out yet. Per the official timeline, emails should go out this afternoon (though it's possible you may be able to view the tickets in your account before then).

Current Status: If you were confirmed for a show, Ticketstoday will email you instructions on how to view your tickets on the afternoon of Friday, January 31st.

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • jtr101jtr101 Posts: 270
    JimmyV said:
    The timeline
    And a lesson on Supply on Demand!
    Enjoy difference. Without it we're all boring!