Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    23scidoo said:
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:
    Have you made AZ and you want to see Springsteen??
    No no no...
    Actually its yes yes yes

SPRINGSTEEN ON BROADWAY Will Allow Guests Vaccinated With FDA or WHO Approved Vaccine (broadwayworld.com)
    News change every day 🙂🙂
    So... the news doesn't change every day where you are? Isn't that the definition of news, that it is 'new'?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    OnWis97 said:

Unvaccinated Buffalo Bills Player Blasts NFL COVID Protocols: “I’d Rather Die Actually Living”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/06/unvaccinated-cole-beasley-blasts-nfl-covid-protocols.html?via=rss
    That can be arranged, just keep acting like the virus is not a big deal and eventually you might get your wish.  

Lucky for him most of the rest of us are protecting him.

"Id rather die actually living?"  What does this even mean?  In what way does the vaccination stop someone from "actually living?" It's not like being afraid of traffic collisions and never going anywhere. In fact, for most of us it's what's enabling us to "actually live." This makes less sense than other nonsensical nonsense like "god is my vaccination." Geez. Just say "MAGA" and move on.
    It means Cole Beasly is impossibly f'ing stupid and selfish. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Unvaccinated Buffalo Bills Player Blasts NFL COVID Protocols: “I’d Rather Die Actually Living”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/06/unvaccinated-cole-beasley-blasts-nfl-covid-protocols.html?via=rss
    Jackass arguments.  
    Yup…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

Cole Beasley is unsmart.

I wish these leagues would just deny them the right to play…why risk other players health?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I saw a piece on the news where the pharmaceuticals think they can use these mRNA vaccines to make an HIV vaccine…if true then that’s a great thing that came from the Covid vaccine in a roundabout way…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    Smellyman said:

Cole Beasley is unsmart.

I wish these leagues would just deny them the right to play…why risk other players health?  
    The other players are vaccinated, so they wouldn't be at much risk. 

I'm pretty firmly in the middle on the whole vaccine thing. To the people refusing to get it, I don't see what their big deal is about getting it. To the people mad at the people that are refusing it, I don't see a reason to care what they do if you've already gotten it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,858
    I saw a piece on the news where the pharmameuticals think they can use these mRNA vaccines to make an HIV vaccine…if true then that’s a great thing that came from the Covid vaccine in a roundabout way…
    mRNA as a vehicle for vaccines have been in the works for a long time. Its how they developed covid vax so quickly.

covid vax just happened to be the first with that technology. So what these vax did was show how well they can work at scale.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Smellyman said:

Cole Beasley is unsmart.

I'm pretty firmly in the middle on the whole vaccine thing. To the people refusing to get it, I don't see what their big deal is about getting it. To the people mad at the people that are refusing it, I don't see a reason to care what they do if you've already gotten it. 
    How about because every unvaccinated person is another potential reservoir for infection and mutation of the virus, which just keeps this pandemic going. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Smellyman said:

Cole Beasley is unsmart.

How about because every unvaccinated person is another potential reservoir for infection and mutation of the virus, which just keeps this pandemic going. 
    Also the potential burden on healthcare systems. The cost to have someone in an ICU for a month would be extremely pricey.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

Cole Beasley is unsmart.

Keeps it going for them...the unvaccinated. The pandemic is all but over for the vaccinated. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

Cole Beasley is unsmart.

Keeps it going for them...the unvaccinated. The pandemic is all but over for the vaccinated. 

That's incorrect and a naive view of viral mutation. The larger the potential reservoirs of infection, the greater the chance that the virus mutates to the point where existing vaccines are less effective or maybe even ineffective. We already know that this virus is highly prone to mutate. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,993
    Smellyman said:

Cole Beasley is unsmart.

That's incorrect and a naive view of viral mutation. The larger the potential reservoirs of infection, the greater the chance that the virus mutates to the point where existing vaccines are less effective or maybe even ineffective. We already know that this virus is highly prone to mutate. 
    This is fact
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,649
    Maybe we can send all the unvaccinated to GITMO? POOTWH suggested the infected could have been sent there so why not?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    Smellyman said:

Cole Beasley is unsmart.

This is fact
    Yup.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    Smellyman said:

Cole Beasley is unsmart.

Yup. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I saw a piece on the news where the pharmameuticals think they can use these mRNA vaccines to make an HIV vaccine…if true then that’s a great thing that came from the Covid vaccine in a roundabout way…
    mRNA as a vehicle for vaccines have been in the works for a long time. Its how they developed covid vax so quickly.

covid vax just happened to be the first with that technology. So what these vax did was show how well they can work at scale.

And on that note, it was just reported that the a cancer patient has received the first mRNA vaccine for immunotherapy as part of a research trial into use of these vaccines for melanoma. Immunotherapy vaccines are also in the works for prostate and some head and neck cancers. 
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

Cole Beasley is unsmart.

I guess I meant that as restrictions relating to the pandemic are all but over for the vaccinated. I understand that it's still out there and could mutate. But for me personally, and probably for most other vaccinated people, it doesn't feel as if we're in a pandemic anymore. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,993
    Its very much a pandemic in many countries still. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    Smellyman said:

Cole Beasley is unsmart.

I guess I meant that as restrictions relating to the pandemic are all but over for the vaccinated. I understand that it's still out there and could mutate. But for me personally, and probably for most other vaccinated people, it doesn't feel as if we're in a pandemic anymore. 
    It's also summer.  Shit could change in the fall/winter, especially if 40% of Americans insist on being idiots. 
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,409
    It would be so easy to say screw them...don’t want vaccinated then get sick & maybe die, but this thing seems to quickly find the age not vaccinated yet and gets more lethal....what about all the baby’s and children who can’t get vaccinated?  As long as there are numerous unvaccinated people all over the world then the pandemic is far from over. 
    I would hate to think that I contributed to a child’s death over a vaccine.  What kind of person doesn’t give a shit  about children?  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Smellyman said:

Cole Beasley is unsmart.

It's also summer.  Shit could change in the fall/winter, especially if 40% of Americans insist on being idiots. 
    Well let's hope that doesn't happen. Things are trending in a good direction right now, even with only about half of the country vaccinated. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    Smellyman said:

Cole Beasley is unsmart.

I agree that it doesn't feel as if we are in a pandemic anymore, but there are still some restrictions relating to the pandemic. I am fully vaccinated, but still required to wear a mask and/or have my temperature taken to enter certain places.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    benjs said:
    23scidoo said:
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:
    No no no...
    Actually its yes yes yes

SPRINGSTEEN ON BROADWAY Will Allow Guests Vaccinated With FDA or WHO Approved Vaccine (broadwayworld.com)
    News change every day 🙂🙂
    So... the news doesn't change every day where you are? Isn't that the definition of news, that it is 'new'?
    The article i read was from Sunday.. the next day change their decision.. that's what i said.. news change..i nave zero problem to admit it..
    I'm not a ostrich..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    23scidoo said:
    benjs said:
    23scidoo said:
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:
    No no no...
    Actually its yes yes yes

News change every day 🙂🙂
    The article i read was from Sunday.. the next day change their decision.. that's what i said.. news change..i nave zero problem to admit it..
    I'm not a ostrich..
    The article I posted in response was from Saturday.  ;)

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    edited June 2021
    Border to Nova Scotia is still shut down from New Brunswick due too the highway being blocked from protesters with entry restrictions added to Nbers at the last minute with the Atlantic bubble. Rankin really pissed off a lot of people over here and on his side. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/border-restrictions-protest-transcanada-wednesday-1.6076442
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJNB said:
    Border to Nova Scotia is still shut down from New Brunswick due too the highway being blocked from protesters with entry restrictions added to Nbers at the last minute with the Atlantic bubble. Rankin really pissed off a lot of people over here and on his side. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/border-restrictions-protest-transcanada-wednesday-1.6076442
    Hasn’t blocking roadways to protest this or that become standard practice?  Maybe just in the USA?
  • Options
    PJNB said:

They are blocking the road because they have to quarantine upon re-entry to NS.  Good for them…this is part of the reason their is vaccine hesitancy…people who are likely double vaccinated still have to get test and quarantine…when does it end?  This virus is going nowhere.   
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    PJPOWER said:
    PJNB said:

Hasn’t blocking roadways to protest this or that become standard practice?  Maybe just in the USA?
    I think in other parts of Canada it has happened but NS is a unique province since it is a peninsula and there is only one way in and out if you do not count the ferry from Saint John. This has stopped all transport of goods and services to and from NS for the time being and is unheard of for this area. 

The NS premiere is upset that NB is allowing other Canadians who are vaxxed into our province and putting restrictions on us because of it. 
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJNB said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJNB said:

I think in other parts of Canada it has happened but NS is a unique province since it is a peninsula and there is only one way in and out if you do not count the ferry from Saint John. This has stopped all transport of goods and services to and from NS for the time being and is unheard of for this area. 

The NS premiere is upset that NB is allowing other Canadians who are vaxxed into our province and putting restrictions on us because of it. 
    That sucks…..
This discussion has been closed.