Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    88% of Canadian recently polled online say they want to be vaccinated, most ASAP, and rates of vaccine hesitancy are dropping.

About 70% want vaccine doses prioritized for Canadians before we share with any other country. That's a tough one; it's both understandable but also feeds into inequities and is going to prolong the pandemic for everyone.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/06/14/vast-majority-of-canadians-want-vaccinations-asap-according-to-angus-reid-poll.html
    Can we export our stupid people to you,  please?
    I was thinking more that we would send our remaining anti-vaxxers to you, where they would fit right in.

hey hey hey. beiber and nickleback werent enough?
    For real.  We paid our dues.  Now It's Canada's turn. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    edited June 2021
    Colbert getting a little uncomfortable when Jon Stewart begins pushing that the virus originated in the lab....

Starts around the 2:50 mark. 

https://youtu.be/sSfejgwbDQ8
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    Spoke to Anesthesiologist today he stated we have zero Covid patients in house , this hospital is 804 patient beds..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,066
    Spoke to Anesthesiologist today he stated we have zero Covid patients in house , this hospital is 804 patient beds..
    Great news!

Nassau County hasn't had a death in a week!
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,817
    Incredible day here in NY. Most all
    covid restrictions have been lifted effective immediately.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited June 2021
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,530
    edited June 2021
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    well, when the director of the virology lab is called "bat lady", why is this a big surprise?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    23scidoo said:

'Bats found in lab that was established to research viruses found in bats'

In other news, water is still wet
    And conservatives still lack critical thinking skills
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    LMAO ^^^^
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,645
    edited June 2021
    . Wrong thread 
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    23scidoo said:

Fucking perfect. 
  • Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    edited June 2021
    CM189191 said:
    23scidoo said:

LMAO ^^^^
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    23scidoo said:

Fucking perfect. 
    • NEWS
    • 02 December 2020

Meet the scientists investigating the origins of the COVID pandemic

Ten researchers with expertise in virology, public health and animals will seek to answer this key question.

"Also on the team is Peter Daszak, president of the non-profit research organization Ecohealth Alliance in New York City, who has spent more than a decade studying coronaviruses. He has worked closely with the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) to test bats for coronaviruses with the potential to spill over into people.

“It is an honour to be part of this team,” says Daszak. “There hasn’t been a pandemic on this scale since the 1918 flu, and we’re still close enough to the origin to really find out more details about where it has come from.”"

Full article here...  https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03402-1

WHO inspector's denial of bats in Wuhan lab contradicted by facts

Chinese scientists describe capturing dangerous live bats to be transported back to Wuhan lab

2021/02/18 18:29

"Researchers have uncovered accounts from the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) scientists and applications for patents for bat breeding that refute World Health Organization (WHO) inspector Peter Daszak's claims that the lab does not house live bats captured in the wild.

"
    On Dec. 10 of last year, the Independent published an article alleging that the U.S. National Institutes of Health provided US$3.7 million in funding to the WIV to study bats carrying viruses similar to SARS in Yunnan Province. The article reported that WIV scientists captured the bats and sent them to the Wuhan lab for analysis.

That same day, Daszak took umbrage with the claim that the bats had been captured and transported to the WIV and posted a tweet, in which he wrote "No BATS were 'sent to Wuhan lab for genetic analyses of viruses collected in the field.'" He then added, "That's not how this science works. We collect bat samples, send them to the lab. We RELEASE bats where we catch them!""

Full article here... https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4130431

Glad to see most here have their head still firmly placed in the sand...  Y'all seen the Fauci emails yet or nah?

Head in the sand  or ahead in the Cloud

• Options
    so we're not surprised that live bats are in the lab, you confirm live bats are in the lab, and our heads are in the sand. 

interesting deduction. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Why do you think I believe China or the WHO?  It would surprise little to non at all if there were bats at the lab.  But because I think China is full of shit doesn't mean I think the COVID is a hoax or the vaccine will kill or that herd immunity was the way to go, like your ass does. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021

LET 1/550 = 0.00181818181 = DEATH RATE and there are 7B people on planet. IF all had same rate of infection and health care, including vaccinations we would expect 12,727,272.72 deaths worldwide?

This is how many are reported worldwide.

Is my math and logic correct?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516

If only Fauci was more forthcoming about the possible origins of the virus.......  
  • Options
    #faucghazi
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tish said:

LET 1/550 = 0.00181818181 = DEATH RATE and there are 7B people on planet. IF all had same rate of infection and health care, including vaccinations we would expect 12,727,272.72 deaths worldwide?

This is how many are reported worldwide.

Is my math and logic correct?
    I think the trouble with the logic is that it uses US numbers and extrapolates from there.  Our health care is first world.  When I have calculated this (before the vaccine), I was using worldwide infection and fatality rates.  
  • Options
    I was thinking that too. So I made death rate based on the latter, worldwide case and death info and it made me think US death rates are way too high. Even with under reporting perhaps. Big discrepancy either way. Error must also be in assuming variables are constant.
  • Options
    tish said:
    I was thinking that too. So I made death rate based on the latter, worldwide case and death info and it made me think US death rates are way too high. Even with under reporting perhaps. Big discrepancy either way. Error must also be in assuming variables are constant.
    The death rate (again from a few months ago) was essentially 1% of confirmed cases.  
  • Options
    Either way: which death rates seems more true? The one in your country or the worldwide data?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    tish said:
    The death rate (again from a few months ago) was essentially 1% of confirmed cases.  
    Or almost 1 out of 2000 of US population?

* and this rate should be more in countries with worse health care?
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    tish said:
    Either way: which death rates seems more true? The one in your country or the worldwide data?
    Tell me a bit more what you are trying to declare/determine?
  • Options
    I'm trying to make sense of the new CNN headline. It doesn't seem to add up with other data. Made me curious. No declarations or determinations, just wonder what others think.
  • Options
    If 1% of confirmed cases in US die, and 1 out of 2000 US population die, how many infected?
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    tish said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tish said:
    Or almost 1 out of 2000 of US population?

* and this rate should be more in countries with worse health care?
    Their lack of healthcare for poor people likely contributed to untold amounts of sickness and death...here in Canada we don't have to think twice about whether we can get healthcare treatment...we get treatment no matter the income level...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Hmm.. so that variable is a positive here, but worldwide numbers don't account. Maybe it's a variant thing and death rates need to depend in that?  I'm done thinking on this... brain power needed elsewhere.
  • Options
    tish said:
    I'm trying to make sense of the new CNN headline. It doesn't seem to add up with other data. Made me curious. No declarations or determinations, just wonder what others think.
    Oh I see.  Well yeah I think your calculations are right, but my guess is the worldwide number would be understated using that logic since access to the vaccine, healthcare, etc. are not constant. 
  • Options
    Yah... ^ sometimes I wonder if Trumps strategy? Is at least helpful in gainingmmunity by way of infection before deadlier variant (trying to see positive in grave situation). That could be completely erroneous... and now 1 hour left of work before ten week brain break!
This discussion has been closed.