The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,357
    mace1229 said:
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Cases up 17% in this nation, Texas Rangers to open up baseball season full capacity whoppee baseball is back not! 
    But isn’t Texas actually down in cases?
    full capacity lol 
    I agree full capacity seems too much. I just don’t know why the National data of cases being up 17% was relevant when the state is actually down 12%. They’re obviously doing better than most states, but I hear more complaints about how Texas is handling this than the ones actually up 15-20%.
    Agreed.  Full capacity at this point seems aggressive but people do love to ignore the data and facts when it comes to states like Florida or Texas.  The whole world laughed at Texas a few weeks ago when they removed all restrictions yet their numbers are currently very low.  Just more proof that no one really knows anything about how to contain this thing.
    The data in the post above yours suggests otherwise.
    I don't think TX is doing everything right. My point was, similar to one already stated, seems like TX gets more heat when they are no worse, or even better off in many cases, than a lot of other states. If they can reduce cases and reopen faster, then good for them. All the data Ive seen this week suggests the cases are declining in TX, so why use national data to judge their decisions?  I do think 100% for a baseball game is agressive. But I hear it was just for opening day and not for regular season games. 
    If you're a governor of NY you can be the worst state in the country, kill elderly people and lie about it and get awards and books for your efforts. If you're a Texas leader you can have declining numbers and everyone hates you for it. 
    I think the NY honeymoon phase ended a while ago. Nobody has praised them lately, but if they went ahead and did something like Texas and Florida, they'd be annihilated in the press and public opinion, especially as a blue state.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672

I wish I loved something in life as much as conservatives love playing the victim. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,072

I wish I loved something in life as much as conservatives love playing the victim. 
    Whos playing the victim? Is pointing out that TX has declining numbers so why use national data to criticize their decisions playing a victim? I would not consider it that. I was just pointing out facts. National cases are up. Texas is down. How is it relevant to use national data to judge Texas? No one has answered. 
    Maybe Texas can reopen and reduce cases. Maybe not, we'll know more in the coming weeks. But so far it looks to be working for them. That's good news, isn't it?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,938
    edited April 2021
    mace1229 said:
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Cases up 17% in this nation, Texas Rangers to open up baseball season full capacity whoppee baseball is back not! 
    full capacity lol 
    I agree full capacity seems too much. I just don’t know why the National data of cases being up 17% was relevant when the state is actually down 12%. They’re obviously doing better than most states, but I hear more complaints about how Texas is handling this than the ones actually up 15-20%.
    Agreed.  Full capacity at this point seems aggressive but people do love to ignore the data and facts when it comes to states like Florida or Texas.  The whole world laughed at Texas a few weeks ago when they removed all restrictions yet their numbers are currently very low.  Just more proof that no one really knows anything about how to contain this thing.
    I don't think TX is doing everything right. My point was, similar to one already stated, seems like TX gets more heat when they are no worse, or even better off in many cases, than a lot of other states. If they can reduce cases and reopen faster, then good for them. All the data Ive seen this week suggests the cases are declining in TX, so why use national data to judge their decisions?  I do think 100% for a baseball game is agressive. But I hear it was just for opening day and not for regular season games. 
    If you're a governor of NY you can be the worst state in the country, kill elderly people and lie about it and get awards and books for your efforts. If you're a Texas leader you can have declining numbers and everyone hates you for it. 
    That’s politics. It’s a shame. Blue states/red states. More important than the actual science that Cuomo preached on and on about since day 1. And yes.... full capacity stadiums is an absolutely SHIT idea. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,815
    mace1229 said:

Whos playing the victim? Is pointing out that TX has declining numbers so why use national data to criticize their decisions playing a victim? I would not consider it that. I was just pointing out facts. National cases are up. Texas is down. How is it relevant to use national data to judge Texas? No one has answered. 
    Maybe Texas can reopen and reduce cases. Maybe not, we'll know more in the coming weeks. But so far it looks to be working for them. That's good news, isn't it?

If you look past the numbers I shared which show they just missed having the highest death toll in the country from Covid yesterday.....it is working out really well for them.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

The issue is you're correlating data because it benefits a certain opinion without considering all the information. Look, maybe (very slim) TX removing mandates hasn't had a negative impact, but everything we know about the virus would suggest otherwise. Instead, what TX current numbers may represent is that cases were going down either way, like they were all across the country, and thus there has not been a noticeable difference. What I would expect to see is TX having higher numbers than other states as cases tick back up again because they removed spread mitigating practices. NY cases may be higher, but I'd rather be living somewhere that still thinks the virus exists than going all in like a desperate gambler looking to score big at roulette.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

If you look past the numbers I shared which show they just missed having the highest death toll in the country from Covid yesterday.....it is working out really well for them.
    Higher death tolls may be related to the lack of mandates and people being exposed to heavier viral loads of the virus. Masks may not have completely stopped the spread, but they mitigate the level for exposure, which I believe was proven to be a factor in how severely ill people got.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,414
    Texas celebrates too soon? Nah.

See the source image
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,013
    Let’s wait and see. A known positivity rate over 5% coupled with a 30% decline in testing with daily cases up over 10% doesn’t bode well for Tejas. Add daily deaths still over 100 per day and it sounds like everyone should just go out to the old ball game. WaPo covid coverage is free.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,072
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:

The issue is you're correlating data because it benefits a certain opinion without considering all the information. Look, maybe (very slim) TX removing mandates hasn't had a negative impact, but everything we know about the virus would suggest otherwise. Instead, what TX current numbers may represent is that cases were going down either way, like they were all across the country, and thus there has not been a noticeable difference. What I would expect to see is TX having higher numbers than other states as cases tick back up again because they removed spread mitigating practices. NY cases may be higher, but I'd rather be living somewhere that still thinks the virus exists than going all in like a desperate gambler looking to score big at roulette.
    I disagree because I haven't said TX is doing it right, so I'm not saying it to benefit a certain opinion. I don't think they should have done away with the mask mandate completely. I think 100% for opening day was too aggressive.  My point was why criticize their decisions based on national data when their state data differs? 
    H2TM had a good point in that their data may not be accurate if testing dropped by 30%. I would say that is a valid reason to reconsider their state data and is a valid answer to my question. The 5% positivity rate he mentioned though doesn't seem high, and is lower than what it was a month ago I believe. 
    I dont actually think we'll know how right or wrong Texas is for several weeks or maybe even longer.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited April 2021
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:

Clearly, you've never been to Staten Island. Or Long Island (minus Brooklyn and Queens, that is). Or upstate.

You got Joey Buttafuoco over heeere; you got Larry, Darryl, and Darryl over heeere. :lol:

https://youtu.be/JW6NbI6dSx0
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mickeyrat said:
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 
    Compared to 20-30K cases per day in January, I'd say it's pretty low.  My point is that no one really knows WTF they're doing when it comes to this virus.  It's easy to laugh at Texas/Florida but their numbers aren't much different than states that have had severe restrictions/lockdowns.

I'd question the reporting, how the data is compiled and rates of testing.....
    And who are being counted, just citizens or are immigrants being thrown into the numbers too?  
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,871
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 
    Compared to 20-30K cases per day in January, I'd say it's pretty low.  My point is that no one really knows WTF they're doing when it comes to this virus.  It's easy to laugh at Texas/Florida but their numbers aren't much different than states that have had severe restrictions/lockdowns.

And who are being counted, just citizens or are immigrants being thrown into the numbers too?  
    Good point.  We wouldn't want the untermenschen counted. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 

Wow, racist much?  What’s wrong with you?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672

According to governor Abbot, immigrant covid is a threat to Texas, but American covid isn't. Weird, huh? I wonder why he would take that stance. 

But anyway, yeah, let's pretend he's disliked because Texas' covid #s are temporarily in decline. That makes sense.  
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 

You clearly don't know sarcasm.  The question to you is, why wouldn't we count immigrants as part of the death numbers?  Didn't they die too?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 

You clearly don't know sarcasm.  The question to you is, why wouldn't we count immigrants as part of the death numbers?  Didn't they die too?
    Because those numbers could partially explain inflated numbers of deaths among the border states.  I was really just curious if the deaths/cases in holding centers were tallied in state overall numbers.  I couldn’t find much data on this.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,242
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:

I disagree because I haven't said TX is doing it right, so I'm not saying it to benefit a certain opinion. I don't think they should have done away with the mask mandate completely. I think 100% for opening day was too aggressive.  My point was why criticize their decisions based on national data when their state data differs? 
    H2TM had a good point in that their data may not be accurate if testing dropped by 30%. I would say that is a valid reason to reconsider their state data and is a valid answer to my question. The 5% positivity rate he mentioned though doesn't seem high, and is lower than what it was a month ago I believe. 
    I dont actually think we'll know how right or wrong Texas is for several weeks or maybe even longer.

NY testing is nearly three times greater than TX per capita, but TX has claims to have half the daily new cases, yet TX has 40% more daily deaths recently than NY. But NY schools and restaurants have been open about 8 months yet many think for some reason NY has not been aggressive about reopening since Labor Day.

sounds like there are plenty more cases in TX than what they are reporting. It’s not like this virus has become subject to political manipulation?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,424

·
    APRIL 3, 2021, 9:06 PM

U.S. puts J&J in charge of plant that botched COVID vaccine, removes AstraZeneca

Shubham Kalia

(Reuters) -The United States has put Johnson and Johnson in charge of a plant that ruined 15 million doses of its COVID-19 vaccine and has stopped British drugmaker AstraZeneca Plc from using the facility, a senior health official said on Saturday.

J&J said it was “assuming full responsibility” of the Emergent BioSolutions facility in Baltimore, reiterating that it will deliver 100 million doses to the government by the end of May.

The Department of Health & Human Services facilitated the move, the health official said in an email, asking not to be named due to the sensitivity of the matter.

AstraZeneca, whose vaccine has not been approved in the United States, said it will work with President Joe Biden’s administration to find an alternative site to produce its vaccine.

White House officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The development, first reported by the New York Times, further hampers AstraZeneca’s efforts in the United States. The government has criticized the drugmaker for using outdated data in the results of its vaccine trial. It later revised its study.

Workers at the Emergent BioSolutions plant several weeks ago conflated ingredients for the J&J and AstraZeneca vaccines, the Times said earlier in the week. J&J said at the time the ruined batch had not advanced to the fill-and-finish stage.

FILE PHOTO: A vial with the AstraZeneca's coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine is pictured in Berlin, Germany, March 16, 2021. REUTERS/Hannibal Hanschke/File Photo

The government’s move to have the facility make only the J&J single-dose vaccine is meant to avoid future mix-ups, the Times said, citing two senior federal health officials.

The top U.S. infectious disease doctor told Reuters on Thursday the country may not need AstraZeneca’s vaccine even if it wins approval.

The United States has loan deals to send Mexico and Canada roughly 4 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, made at its U.S. facility.

Reporting by Shubham Kalia and Vishal Vivek in Bengaluru; Additional reporting by Steve Holland in Washington; Editing by David Gregorio and William Mallard

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,424
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 

Because those numbers could partially explain inflated numbers of deaths among the border states.  I was really just curious if the deaths/cases in holding centers were tallied in state overall numbers.  I couldn’t find much data on this.

inflated? wow racist much? citizen or not these are human beings infected and dying same as the the all powerful white man. no less important....

your post suggest the dont count so they shouldnt be counted.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,013
    Praise be to Jesus.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,803
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 

inflated? wow racist much? citizen or not these are human beings infected and dying same as the the all powerful white man. no less important....

Since we clearly can't get infected from untermenschen they certainly should not be counted. 

/s
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

FL has become crazy town. Someone else can holiday there.   Not me.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 

Good point.  We wouldn't want the counted. 

That’s bullshit and you know it.  I never said they shouldn’t be counted, just wondered if they were.  Then you start with your “untermenschen” stupidity.  Be better.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,938
    23scidoo said:

Man people love to hate on Florida. I guess you have to because they are a red state. I was just there a week ago in Fort Lauderdale and everything was pretty normal. Social distancing , masks etc. all
    good. Miami doesn’t equal Florida. Especially since most of the assholes acting like fools are from other states. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    23scidoo said:

Man people love to hate on Florida. I guess you have to because they are a red state. I was just there a week ago in Fort Lauderdale and everything was pretty normal. Social distancing , masks etc. all
    good. Miami doesn’t equal Florida. Especially since most of the assholes acting like fools are from other states. 
    I disagree.  I lived in Florida for ten years,  and have to travel there twice a month at least.  It's a freak show especially when you get 30 miles inland, both coasts. Being in the touristy areas may feel normal,  but that's not Florida. 
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 

That’s bullshit and you know it.  I never said they shouldn’t be counted, just wondered if they were.  Then you start with your “untermenschen” stupidity.  Be better.  
    I said it, and the question is really why would you think there's a separate count for citizens and non citizens? Be smarter 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 

I said it, and the question is really why would you think there's a separate count for citizens and non citizens? Be smarter 
    I am, because you are being added to my ignore list. Nice knowing you, ya racist prick.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 

I am, because you are being added to my ignore list. Nice knowing you, ya racist prick.
    Oh rats. Now I can't be enlightened by your curiosity and the intellectual depth of your posts. 
This discussion has been closed.