Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Ontario enters another mock down in a day or so.  The chief medical officer of health said “the  3rd wave is being driven from schools”...but they stay open in the mock down...fatty Ford logic.  Ontario has the most incompetent politicians anywhere...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,161
    edited April 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    Two weeks ago today I got my second pfizer shot; I'm going out and partying tonight!  ;)
    or better yet, wear you mask the whole time. you can just soak a tampon in vodka and then, BAM, you're golden. 

from what I hear. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,795
    edited April 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    Two weeks ago today I got my second pfizer shot; I'm going out and partying tonight!  ;)
    Raise a cannoli for me mcgruff
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,224
    edited April 2021
    GlowGirl said:
    Just a heads up - had my first moderna vaccine on Monday and was told that because I had covid previously that my reaction to the vaccine would be much worse the first shot.  Well, if you get the shot and get really sick and ever wondered whether you ever had covid but didn’t get tested, then you probably did based on an “evil” response.  I felt like the exorcist! But it’s going away and nowhere near as bad as covid was. So being honest, it was rough but they tell me it means it’s working. I guess ripping your guts out ends up being a good thing!  Seriously though, get vaccinated, please.

Data suggests that those who did have a previous covid infection may have stronger side effects to being vaccinated, though not in all cases, but there isn’t data for the converse  - that is, it isn’t necessarily the case that severe side effects mean a previous infection. 
    Hmmm...was just reading that they’re debating whether people who already had covid should only receive one shot. Funny how countries see things so differently. 
    I don’t think I’m understanding you. Those are two quite separate issues  
    Seems like the US is recognizing the extreme response that post covid patients are all having therefore possibly recommending only one dose because the abundance of antibodies has shown to be so much more then they could have imagined, therefore causes severe reaction to the post covid recipient of the vaccine.  Horrible reaction = probable post covid. I originally stated probably and did so again until fully examined. 
    It was a nice way of saying your further explanation was not necessary since I said “probably” in my original post. I trust that the majority of posters fully understand what people are saying because they make sure to read each word then reread. I made that mistake a few days ago and posted something exactly that was literally just posted so I apologized for not taking the time to properly read the comment(s).  I just notice certain members feel it’s necessary to further explain every post where I believe we’re all intelligent enough to understand and that if we don’t then we’ll ask 

I see what you're saying but still disagree with your interpretation. The data doesn't say that a severe reaction means probable prior covid infection, it just means it's more likely - for instance, about 25% of those with a prior infection got chills and muscle aches with the first shot, while 10-14% of those who are seronegative (i.e. have not had prior infection) got chills and muscle aches.

And yes, there is discussion about those who have had prior infection only needing one immunization. 
    I had my first Covid shot yesterday and already had Covid a year ago. No muscle aches but I did wake up in the middle of the night with a 99.9 temperature. My normal temp is 97.2. So I did feel slight chills and then Tylenol made me sweat. Interestingly, this was around the same temperature I had for a day or two when I had Covid. I wonder if I will have any side effects from the second shot. 
    Glad you’re not too sick...which vaccine did you have? 
    Thanks. I had the Moderna shot. I pretty much feel back to normal now - just a slight headache. But still taking it easy for the rest of the day.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Just a heads up - had my first moderna vaccine on Monday and was told that because I had covid previously that my reaction to the vaccine would be much worse the first shot.  Well, if you get the shot and get really sick and ever wondered whether you ever had covid but didn’t get tested, then you probably did based on an “evil” response.  I felt like the exorcist! But it’s going away and nowhere near as bad as covid was. So being honest, it was rough but they tell me it means it’s working. I guess ripping your guts out ends up being a good thing!  Seriously though, get vaccinated, please.

Data suggests that those who did have a previous covid infection may have stronger side effects to being vaccinated, though not in all cases, but there isn’t data for the converse  - that is, it isn’t necessarily the case that severe side effects mean a previous infection. 
    Hmmm...was just reading that they’re debating whether people who already had covid should only receive one shot. Funny how countries see things so differently. 
    Seems like the US is recognizing the extreme response that post covid patients are all having therefore possibly recommending only one dose because the abundance of antibodies has shown to be so much more then they could have imagined, therefore causes severe reaction to the post covid recipient of the vaccine.  Horrible reaction = probable post covid. I originally stated probably and did so again until fully examined. 
    It was a nice way of saying your further explanation was not necessary since I said “probably” in my original post. I trust that the majority of posters fully understand what people are saying because they make sure to read each word then reread. I made that mistake a few days ago and posted something exactly that was literally just posted so I apologized for not taking the time to properly read the comment(s).  I just notice certain members feel it’s necessary to further explain every post where I believe we’re all intelligent enough to understand and that if we don’t then we’ll ask 

I see what you're saying but still disagree with your interpretation. The data doesn't say that a severe reaction means probable prior covid infection, it just means it's more likely - for instance, about 25% of those with a prior infection got chills and muscle aches with the first shot, while 10-14% of those who are seronegative (i.e. have not had prior infection) got chills and muscle aches.

And yes, there is discussion about those who have had prior infection only needing one immunization. 
    I had my first Covid shot yesterday and already had Covid a year ago. No muscle aches but I did wake up in the middle of the night with a 99.9 temperature. My normal temp is 97.2. So I did feel slight chills and then Tylenol made me sweat. Interestingly, this was around the same temperature I had for a day or two when I had Covid. I wonder if I will have any side effects from the second shot. 
    Thanks. I had the Moderna shot. I pretty much feel back to normal now - just a slight headache. But still taking it easy for the rest of the day.
    Run it off! 

:lol:

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    Interesting to hear about everyones experience so far with the shots. Glad you guys are doing ok! I woke up this morning with a sore shoulder and no other side effects from the first Pfizer shot. I was active most of the day and barely feel anything right now. Wonder if tomorrow will be worse or better. 

Glad to hear in the news today too that the shot lasts at least 6 months and works against some of the variants too 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,224
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Run it off! 

I was seriously considering it, but no. Tomorrow is another day.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,629
    PJPOWER said:
    My boss test which he did yesterday came back as negative

I did my test on tuesdfay - and has not gotten an answer. 

WHAT IS DEMOCRATIC ABOUT THAT?
    What kind of tests are they administering that take so long??  Any nasal swabs I’ve had come back within 20 minutes
    Takes 1-3 days here. But also, I do not think they are being checked locally but sent to a lab... which local small clinic/health centers do not have so impossible to take 20 minutes here... PCR-tests. I think. What do I know.

ANYWHO--

I AM NEGATIVE

(So will be going home over Easter)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,869
    PJPOWER said:

What kind of tests are they administering that take so long??  Any nasal swabs I’ve had come back within 20 minutes
    Takes 1-3 days here. But also, I do not think they are being checked locally but sent to a lab... which local small clinic/health centers do not have so impossible to take 20 minutes here... PCR-tests. I think. What do I know.

ANYWHO--

I AM NEGATIVE

Nice.  Do you still feel ill?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,629
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:

ANYWHO--

I AM NEGATIVE

Nice.  Do you still feel ill?
    Runny nose. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,486
    Cases up 17% in this nation, Texas Rangers to open up baseball season full capacity whoppee baseball is back not! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,072
    Cases up 17% in this nation, Texas Rangers to open up baseball season full capacity whoppee baseball is back not! 
    But isn’t Texas actually down in cases?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,815
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Run it off! 

I was seriously considering it, but no. Tomorrow is another day.
    I get shot 2 of pfizer on a run day, with two run days in a row after.
    Great scheduling by you to have off days in line!

Hope you continue to feel better!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 
    I agree full capacity seems too much. I just don’t know why the National data of cases being up 17% was relevant when the state is actually down 12%. They’re obviously doing better than most states, but I hear more complaints about how Texas is handling this than the ones actually up 15-20%.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,424
    rates of testing should be an important marker.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,815
    edited April 2021
    136 people listed as died yesterday in TX.
    Play ball, motherfuckers!
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 
    I agree full capacity seems too much. I just don’t know why the National data of cases being up 17% was relevant when the state is actually down 12%. They’re obviously doing better than most states, but I hear more complaints about how Texas is handling this than the ones actually up 15-20%.
    Agreed.  Full capacity at this point seems aggressive but people do love to ignore the data and facts when it comes to states like Florida or Texas.  The whole world laughed at Texas a few weeks ago when they removed all restrictions yet their numbers are currently very low.  Just more proof that no one really knows anything about how to contain this thing.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,414
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 
    Agreed.  Full capacity at this point seems aggressive but people do love to ignore the data and facts when it comes to states like Florida or Texas.  The whole world laughed at Texas a few weeks ago when they removed all restrictions yet their numbers are currently very low.  Just more proof that no one really knows anything about how to contain this thing.
    The data in the post above yours suggests otherwise.
  • Options

After all it’s the American pastime I say let them have at it .
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yikes! All those new cases from spring break in Florida. 

My grandmother got her second jab yesterday down there. Hope she stays safe.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

After all it’s the American pastime I say let them have at it .
    Egocentrism?
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 
    Compared to 20-30K cases per day in January, I'd say it's pretty low.  My point is that no one really knows WTF they're doing when it comes to this virus.  It's easy to laugh at Texas/Florida but their numbers aren't much different than states that have had severe restrictions/lockdowns.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Yikes! All those new cases from spring break in Florida. 

My grandmother got her second jab yesterday down there. Hope she stays safe.
    Good for her, stay safe it’s unreal we will be dealing with this virus and containment for years. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,424
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 
    Compared to 20-30K cases per day in January, I'd say it's pretty low.  My point is that no one really knows WTF they're doing when it comes to this virus.  It's easy to laugh at Texas/Florida but their numbers aren't much different than states that have had severe restrictions/lockdowns.

I'd question the reporting, how the data is compiled and rates of testing.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 
    Imagine the death toll in Texas would be lower had they continued with restrictions. We're not comparing numbers; these are people's lives.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,357
    mickeyrat said:
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 

I'd question the reporting, how the data is compiled and rates of testing.....
    Yeah, you can spin things lots of ways, good or bad. I wouldn't celebrate or denigrate without a full analysis, but I'd tend to lean against what Texas and Florida are doing as a positive influence overall. They've ultimately decided economy before covid recovery at this point. Probably could have held off until at least May to get vaccination rates to a decent level.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    full capacity lol 
    I don't think TX is doing everything right. My point was, similar to one already stated, seems like TX gets more heat when they are no worse, or even better off in many cases, than a lot of other states. If they can reduce cases and reopen faster, then good for them. All the data Ive seen this week suggests the cases are declining in TX, so why use national data to judge their decisions?  I do think 100% for a baseball game is agressive. But I hear it was just for opening day and not for regular season games. 
    If you're a governor of NY you can be the worst state in the country, kill elderly people and lie about it and get awards and books for your efforts. If you're a Texas leader you can have declining numbers and everyone hates you for it. 

• Options
    I do agree that there is constantly changing news and information as more is learned about this.....but the death numbers would seem to be a good indicator that there is still a very real problem.  136/952 reported deaths yesterday represents nothing good, to me, about how Texas handled things up to yesterday.
    When their death rates are way down I will be happy to see a full stadium....until then my opinion is that full stadiums are a really poor idea.

This discussion has been closed.