Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Yeah no kidding. ^°°
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,968
    The thing is, after you lose somebody, you want to know that you did your part and did everything you could to keep others safe. I'm glad my daughter's Grandpa kept to work and his 2 person bubble or I would be second guessing if sending a young one off to school played a part in his death.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    I'm not sure WHY some won't  take this virus seriously. Last year my cousin's ex went to live with his twin brother's basement. His brother came home one evening and found him dead in the basement.  I'm not sure what was the csuse.

Fast forward this the year the surviving brother's sister had not heard from him for several days. She called the police to do a well check and he was found in the basement and apparently he died of COVID 19.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    g under p said:
    I'm not sure WHY some won't  take this virus seriously. Last year my cousin's ex went to live with his twin brother's basement. His brother came home one evening and found him dead in the basement.  I'm not sure what was the csuse.

Fast forward this the year the surviving brother's sister had not heard from him for several days. She called the police to do a well check and he was found in the basement and apparently he died of COVID 19.

Peace
    Damn that’s horrible 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,219
    tish said:
    The thing is, after you lose somebody, you want to know that you did your part and did everything you could to keep others safe. I'm glad my daughter's Grandpa kept to work and his 2 person bubble or I would be second guessing if sending a young one off to school played a part in his death.
    Sorry to hear of your stepfathers passing. Have the results come back from the second coronavirus test?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    g under p said:

Peace
    Stay out of that basement.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I saw three 20 somethings taking turns going into a coffee shop yesterday. They were taking turns because they had one mask between them and were passing it on to the next guy after getting their coffee.  I was speechless.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
    static111 said:
    I saw three 20 somethings taking turns going into a coffee shop yesterday. They were taking turns because they had one mask between them and were passing it on to the next guy after getting their coffee.  I was speechless.
    Idiots.  But I guess they are doing more to protect the others in the shop than a lot of people are willing to.  On the other hand, if the first one has it, they all do, which will spread.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,937
    static111 said:
    I had a grown man come in my store with a mask, and a small hole cut in it. And in that hole was a straw because he couldn’t breathe with the mask on. Yup. I asked him to please wait outside and he couldn’t understand why what he was doing was the same as not having a mask. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    I had a grown man come in my store with a mask, and a small hole cut in it. And in that hole was a straw because he couldn’t breathe with the mask on. Yup. I asked him to please wait outside and he couldn’t understand why what he was doing was the same as not having a mask. 
    Yeah this shit ain’t going away 
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,983
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:

Facepalm!  

I had to run into the bookstore a few days ago to drop something off and there was a guy in the with a mask on protecting his chin nicely.  Not his mouth, not his nose, his chin.  I couldn't believe my wife's business partner who is still working there didn't kick the guy out.  I made my quick exit.

I've also seen a few people who wear masks over there mouth but not their nose. 

WTF is wrong with these people?!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:

Facepalm!  

I had to run into the bookstore a few days ago to drop something off and there was a guy in the with a mask on protecting his chin nicely.  Not his mouth, not his nose, his chin.  I couldn't believe my wife's business partner who is still working there didn't kick the guy out.  I made my quick exit.

Over the mouth and not the nose is pretty common unfortunately. Or how about this. They come in with a mask, I ask how can I help you, theY pull the mask down and start talking to me at full volume lol. I installed plexiglass at the counter and even with masks I still see droplets on it every now and then. 
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    tish said:
    Tish, you are a caring, thoughtful person.You are not the problem. Here in the good old USA, too many parents will not be this thoughtful. Too many children will go home to families with compromised parents and grandparents in the house. In my district, the results of the faculty/staff survey revealed that 65% of us either have a condition or take care of someone with a condition that makes us vulnerable. That is probably true across the US.

I know everyone here is weighing their choices carefully.  For the life of me, I just don't understand why any parent who has the option to keep their kids home would choose to send them in. I am not a parent, but if I had the means, my kid would not go to school. This is a massive medical experiment we are about to undertake, and we're using our children as the test subjects. It just blows my mind. 

At any rate, if you are in the US and sending in your kid, start working on your child care plan for October/November-ish. Plan for the next scramble to convert back quickly to online.  The kids may or may not be okay. The teachers, however, will start getting sick or dropping dead, and there won't be enough warm bodies to babysit your kids at school.

I'd really like to be wrong.

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    brianlux said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:

Facepalm!  

Over the mouth and not the nose is pretty common unfortunately. Or how about this. They come in with a mask, I ask how can I help you, theY pull the mask down and start talking to me at full volume lol. I installed plexiglass at the counter and even with masks I still see droplets on it every now and then. 

I would be tempted to tell him, "Sir, you don't have sound proofing in your mask.  I can hear you just fine with it on."

God, so many stupid people out there!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    static111 said:
    So much smarter than having one of them buy the coffee for all 3 of them.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,060
    Poncier said:
    static111 said:
    But then they’d have to do the math and figure out how much they each owe.

Just like I learned when I’m out with a group for dinner, make sure to always get the bill settled before people start leaving. More often than not if you’re the last few left and everyone just dropped cash, you’ll be short.
  • Options
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Poncier said:
    static111 said:

Just like I learned when I’m out with a group for dinner, make sure to always get the bill settled before people start leaving. More often than not if you’re the last few left and everyone just dropped cash, you’ll be short.

This is one of those math word problems, right?

"Three idiots walk up to a coffee shop.  One of them has a mask.  One of them as a five dollar bill, another has 8 singles, the third one has ten dimes.    No one wants to touch coins because the may carry the virus longer than credit cards.  One idiot  has a dog.  A dog costs $11.00.     How many idiots will end up with a cup of coffee, who will wear the mask, and which idiot will end up with the dog?"

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    Poncier said:
    static111 said:

"Three idiots walk up to a coffee shop.  One of them has a mask.  One of them as a five dollar bill, another has 8 singles, the third one has ten dimes.    No one wants to touch coins because the may carry the virus longer than credit cards.  One idiot  has a dog.  A dog costs $11.00.     How many idiots will end up with a cup of coffee, who will wear the mask, and which idiot will end up with the dog?"
    Does the dog have a mask?

That makes all the difference. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,005
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    Poncier said:
    static111 said:

Indeed it does as a dog was put down in SC because it tested positive for covid.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    Poncier said:
    static111 said:

I'm not sure but bonus points for you for thinking of it!  :smiley: 

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    Poncier said:
    static111 said:

I'm not sure but bonus points for you for thinking of it!  :smiley: 
    I always was good at math
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2020
    Wonder how many of the TX numbers are coming from Mexico?  No real great data out there, but border towns are treating Mexican nationals:

https://www.valleycentral.com/news/local-news/rio-grande-valley-hospitals-also-treating-mexican-nationals-seeking-covid-19-treatment/

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,005
    PJPOWER said:
    Wonder how many of the TX numbers are coming from Mexico?  No real great data out there, but border towns are treating Mexican nationals:

https://www.valleycentral.com/news/local-news/rio-grande-valley-hospitals-also-treating-mexican-nationals-seeking-covid-19-treatment/

I wonder how many came from China? And Italy. But yea, Tejas and team Trump Treason have the border totally under control. Oh the humanity.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

I wonder how many came from China? And Italy. But yea, Tejas and team Trump Treason have the border totally under control. Oh the humanity.
    @Halifax2TheMax they are actually trying to blame northerners coming down to take vacations in the south for our outbreaks so that our idiot governor doesn’t have to take any blame for opening to soon and not mandating mask use and other precautions.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    At this point we are in the hands of the scientists who are working on vaccines because our inept administration & president have failed miserably and simply don’t give a hoot how many Americans die! 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    At this point we are in the hands of the scientists who are working on vaccines because our inept administration & president have failed miserably and simply don’t give a hoot how many Americans die! 
    Trump is an inept POS but I’m at the point that I think the US failure with this is on the American people. Very few people want to be inconvenienced with a mask. I see it everywhere. And I don’t just see it out of Republicans. Everyone is too cool to wear one.  Trump could have shouted from the rooftops to wear masks from day 1 and people still wouldn’t do it. My opinion.  
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2020
    static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:

@Halifax2TheMax they are actually trying to blame northerners coming down to take vacations in the south for our outbreaks so that our idiot governor doesn’t have to take any blame for opening to soon and not mandating mask use and other precautions.
    So if the Canadian government was as inept as Mexico, you would be cool with Canadian citizens coming down and using the limited resources in states bordering Canada, potentially taking beds from tax paying citizens?  What about the Canadians here, you cool with US citizens coming up to Canada specifically for free medical treatment for COVID-19, even if the hospitals are close to capacity?  Nevermind, sure you are.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Trump is an inept POS but I’m at the point that I think the US failure with this is on the American people. Very few people want to be inconvenienced with a mask. I see it everywhere. And I don’t just see it out of Republicans. Everyone is too cool to wear one.  Trump could have shouted from the rooftops to wear masks from day 1 and people still wouldn’t do it. My opinion.  
    By him leading the way from the beginning a lot of lives could of been saved , my opinion the nation had no leadership in a time of need! I blame him just like the GOP blamed everything on Obama for 8 fucking yrs 
This discussion has been closed.