The coronavirus

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    mcgruff10 said:
    After one week of rehab my old neighbor finally came home today!  
    Thats's great news!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    50,000+ American deaths and many more to come
    But let's drink household cleansers
    Getting close to Vietnam numbers, insane.  All this from something that is like the flu.  
    This is worse way worse, 50k in less than 3months do the math at this rate will be way over 100k in no time! But yeah let’s go out I def need a haircut or a massage..
    Totally agree bud.   I honestly don't see how this is ending.  I picked up my daughter's bday cake in gloves and mask today....good times.
    Happy happy birthday to her may you & family have a great celebration 🎉, we’re doing a drive by my dads on Sunday to wish him happy 81st ..

Nice, happy birthday to him!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,661
    mcgruff10 said:
    Excellent!!. That is awesome news.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9psFtbw4Gg

bleach is mostly water. and we are mostly water. therefore, we are bleach.

I thought we were stardust? And golden? 

Damn. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,516
    MayDay10 said:
    Like follow me here.  The virus attacks the lungs, right.  what if we removed the patient's lungs, then the virus would have nothing to attack and die off, right?  Now Im not a doctor, but just really smart and can figure these things out.  Dr Birx.  Please look into the removal of patients lungs. right.  OK.  

They actually had some success with ECMO, which is fairly close to what you are describing. When my daughter was born she had PPHN and almost needed ECMO. Thankfully she recovered without it

very scary machine but it can save lives

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwio_PTx7YHpAhXul3IEHU0LCxMQxfQBCCwwAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.medpagetoday.com%2Finfectiousdisease%2Fcovid19%2F86003&usg=AOvVaw2hoVJqyExe2N_-yQowKIAH
  • JW269453 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    That is awesome, hopefully a little sliver of solace for a family that has suffered unimaginably.
    yes, this bit of good news has lifted my spirits today.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mfc2006 said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9psFtbw4Gg

bleach is mostly water. and we are mostly water. therefore, we are bleach.
    LOL

Thanks, I needed that.
    there is a dethklok scene for everything!!

my favorite episode is when nathan explosion gets elected governor of florida, has a natural disaster, and reacts pretty much the same way trump does. he even names the hurricane "Scrambles the death dealer".

• lol that is great!

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    JimmyV said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    50,000+ American deaths and many more to come
    But let's drink household cleansers
    Getting close to Vietnam numbers, insane.  All this from something that is like the flu.  
    This is worse way worse, 50k in less than 3months do the math at this rate will be way over 100k in no time! But yeah let’s go out I def need a haircut or a massage..
    Totally agree bud.   I honestly don't see how this is ending.  I picked up my daughter's bday cake in gloves and mask today....good times.
    Happy happy birthday to her may you & family have a great celebration 🎉, we’re doing a drive by my dads on Sunday to wish him happy 81st ..

Nice, happy birthday to him!
    Thanks bíter sweet wish I could hug him & mom on Sunday damn cursed virus!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Trumps injecting disinfectant comment was beyond stupid because it actually removed some significant good news yesterday from the headlines. If the NY data is accurate, 14% have been infected and have antibodies, which would significantly lower the estimated covid mortality rate

Quoting myself, lame.

But we did have good news on the antibody rates in NY. This could mean much fewer fatalities if we do not get a vaccine before herd immunity.

Too bad trump had to ruin it with his disinfectant nonsense.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    mace1229 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:
    Watch it over and over until you realize just how stupid he sounded. IMO the “drink bleach” memes are just overkill if you’re going for comedic impact. They need no alterations.

Not saying his words never get twisted but when you say something that monumentally stupid you deserve whatever exaggerations. 
    It is extremely embarrassing when you see that Lysol had to come out with a public statement immediately following this brainless fucktard's comments and suggestions. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/lysol-manufacturer-warns-against-internal-use-after-trump-comments-n1191586
    This is the beef I have with these stories though. Lysol wouldn’t have to make that announcement if the media and social media didn’t intentionally misquote him.
    Even that article says “ President Donald Trump suggested that people could get an "injection" of "the disinfectant that knocks (coronavirus) out in a minute.” And he never said that in the clips I’ve seen. He specifically says it should be tested by medical doctors to see if it has any promise. But the media like this article is saying he says you can get an injection.

It was already a dumb comment on its own, we don’t need to make it worse. And guess what, if someone actually is dumb enough to try it who are they going to blame, Trump or the media who actually said it?
    The president inferred injections of disinfectants could kill the virus (aka ingesting chemicals like bleach, Lysol, etc.) No, he didn't say, go drink bleach, he inferred the doctors should spend time testing the viability of putting the chemicals we use to clean in our bodies. He's dumb and it's a dangerous comment because there are a lot of dumber people out there than him. It sounds like the kind of testing the fucking Nazis conducted on the Jews. 
    I agree (except for the last sentence).. I’ll just reply to you because it applies to the rest who responded to my comment.
    It was a dumb comment, I’m not arguing that. As I listened I just rolled my eyes at how stupid it sounded.
    But my point is there is a massive difference between asking medical doctors to look into something and asking people to try it. The media is misquoting him as asking people to try it or at least suggesting this treatment already exists. However dangerous you think his comment was, wouldn’t it be 10 times worse to misquote him on that to make it sound like he thinks  it’s safe? 
    Now if anyone is truly concerned that this is so dangerous that they feel the need to warn people, then how big of a story would it be if the media ignored it, or just reported the actual truth? The false reporting of his comments and comments like Hilary’s are more dangerous because they give false credibility to those claims.
    If I didn’t watch the clip I would probably believe he’s suggesting to drink chemicals because you have the media and even Hilary saying he did.

Now to that last comment. What makes you think this would be like the Nazi’s treatment of the Jews? We do medical testing every day, what makes you think this time we’d ignore all safety protocols and just sacrifice people?
    The media is not saying, "He suggested people try it"

The media is saying, "He suggested it as a possible cure"

There are people that are reading/hearing that and saying, "he suggested people try it". 

Just like, some poeple will actually try it. 
    The media is leaving out the word possible. They are saying he’s promoting an injection you could get that’s a cure. False, he promoted testing by medical professionals.
    Hilary tweeted don’t ingest chemicals because trump thinks it’s a good idea. False, he never told anyone.

If Lysol and Hilary and all the other media outlets weren’t trying to push an agenda (make Trump look even worse) wouldn’t they just tell the truth? It would be safer and more effective to just say “don’t invest anything. That is not what trump suggested so don’t try it!” Then add your 2 cents about how it won’t work anyway.

But just saying not to listen to trump and don’t drink bleach puts out a message that’s false.

I already said it comments were dumb. So I’m not defending him, I’m calling out those who aren’t accurately reporting the incident though. 

At this point I’ve repeated myself enough. I don’t agree with twisting someone’s words and misquoting him to make a dumb comment sound even worse, and then blame him when people listen to the false reporting. Many seem okay with it. That’s my opinion, everyone can have theirs.

The media. The fucking media??!? Holy shit---dude you are in a cult, not a political party at this point.

The president of the United States publicly asked if his team of experts could look into if its a good idea to inject people with disinfectants and you are more upset over the media's characterization of that utter nonsense? The man has no brain! That should be your biggest concern / fear at this point.

But, alas, now he has said he was being sarcastic. So, naturally I would assume you would totally gobble that up as well. 

November cannot come soon enough. This nightmare has to end. 

Not more upset over the media. I said several times it he sounded like and idiot and I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.
     I also said I felt like calling out those (the media and politicians) who intentionally misquote to make a bad statement sound even worse.
    Now if you’ll excuse me, it’s time to put on my track suit and Nike’s.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    Yep let’s call out the media lol idiots that support the Baffoon will try anything he talks about..
    https://www.motherjones.com/coronavirus-updates/2020/04/maryland-donald-trump-bleach/
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    Mike D88 said:
    I love David French and sorta get what he's saying but I don't know. Trump will reliably say something stupid and if the press reciprocates with stupidity what are you supposed to do?

It's like the WaPo reporter last night. He says his dumb shit then she claims rubbing alcohol is selling for $2000 on Amazon. Rubbing alcohol. What the fuck?

So is anyone commenting on that required to clear their throat about the dumb thing Trump said? Conversely, if someone comments on Trump’s nonsense are they required to acknowledge when the media is also stupid? Is there any space for those of us who would just like some non-assholes at some level of this whole thing?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,636
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834

lol that is great!
    Apparently you and I aren’t the only ones that like it...

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    edited April 2020
    pjl44 said:
    It's like the WaPo reporter last night. He says his dumb shit then she claims rubbing alcohol is selling for $2000 on Amazon. Rubbing alcohol. What the fuck?
    God you're reaching. Suggest injecting rubbing alcohol or mistakenly think Amazon is selling it for $2k. Yeah those things are right up there with each other.

Also, you've now devoted more time to that deleted tweet by a WaPo reporter than the President of the United States of America wondering if scientists should look into injecting people with disinfectants. Drop the centrist act.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
    OF COURSE IT DOES...  

The Tax-Break Bonanza Inside the Economic Rescue Package https://nyti.ms/2VzfL4X

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,871
    I can hardly believe it, but I actually found Lysol spray and hand sanitizer at the store today! It was even on sale. It felt like winning the lottery, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    Mike D88 said:
    pjl44 said:
    God you're reaching. Suggest injecting rubbing alcohol or mistakenly think Amazon is selling it for $2k. Yeah those things are right up there with each other.

Also, you've now devoted more time to that deleted tweet by a WaPo reporter than the President of the United States of America wondering if scientists should look into injecting people with disinfectants. Drop the centrist act.
    It wasn't a mistake. She cropped out the picture of the 55 gallon drum. I've spent a half dozen posts on what Trump said and how stupid it was. Noted that you're another guy with a selective filter.
  • PJ_Soul said:
    I can hardly believe it, but I actually found Lysol spray and hand sanitizer at the store today! It was even on sale. It felt like winning the lottery, lol.
    Don't spray it in your mouth!
    ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    PJ_Soul said:
    ;)
    That's what she said!

Sorry, had to...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • She said not to spray it in your mouth?
    :lol:
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    I'm surprised this genius doesn't  have a cabinet position....

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,871
    PJ_Soul said:
    ;)
    I was going to use it like an inhaler (that's what she said!!). =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Congrats, you are ready to cure yourself. It should only take a minute. 
  • PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ;)
    I was going to use it like an inhaler (that's what she said!!). =)
    Ha!
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    edited April 2020
    pjl44 said:
    She cropped out the picture of the 55 gallon drum.
    Can't wait for you to get to the bottom of this scandal of the century.
    Post edited by Mike D88 on
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    pjl44 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    I love David French and sorta get what he's saying but I don't know. Trump will reliably say something stupid and if the press reciprocates with stupidity what are you supposed to do?

So is anyone commenting on that required to clear their throat about the dumb thing Trump said? Conversely, if someone comments on Trump’s nonsense are they required to acknowledge when the media is also stupid? Is there any space for those of us who would just like some non-assholes at some level of this whole thing?
    No, there is no space for us. You're either with or you're against -- "there ain't [gonna be] any middle anymore"
This discussion has been closed.