The coronavirus

Comments

• Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    edited April 2020
    After that spread all over the internet last night, I thought even the most ardent Trump apologist would have a hard time with this one. But then I remembered that there's always at least one guy who's willing and eager to sift through Trump's verbal diarrhea, as if there will be a little bit of gold in there somewhere if they just keep looking. And then I thought, they'll probably just say Trump was only suggesting that doctors should look into it, and probably dance around the fact that "it" is fucking bleach!
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    edited April 2020
    mace1229 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:
    Watch it over and over until you realize just how stupid he sounded. IMO the “drink bleach” memes are just overkill if you’re going for comedic impact. They need no alterations.

Not saying his words never get twisted but when you say something that monumentally stupid you deserve whatever exaggerations. 
    It is extremely embarrassing when you see that Lysol had to come out with a public statement immediately following this brainless fucktard's comments and suggestions. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/lysol-manufacturer-warns-against-internal-use-after-trump-comments-n1191586
    This is the beef I have with these stories though. Lysol wouldn’t have to make that announcement if the media and social media didn’t intentionally misquote him.
    Even that article says “ President Donald Trump suggested that people could get an "injection" of "the disinfectant that knocks (coronavirus) out in a minute.” And he never said that in the clips I’ve seen. He specifically says it should be tested by medical doctors to see if it has any promise. But the media like this article is saying he says you can get an injection.

It was already a dumb comment on its own, we don’t need to make it worse. And guess what, if someone actually is dumb enough to try it who are they going to blame, Trump or the media who actually said it?
    The president inferred injections of disinfectants could kill the virus (aka ingesting chemicals like bleach, Lysol, etc.) No, he didn't say, go drink bleach, he inferred the doctors should spend time testing the viability of putting the chemicals we use to clean in our bodies. He's dumb and it's a dangerous comment because there are a lot of dumber people out there than him. It sounds like the kind of testing the fucking Nazis conducted on the Jews. 
    I agree (except for the last sentence).. I’ll just reply to you because it applies to the rest who responded to my comment.
    It was a dumb comment, I’m not arguing that. As I listened I just rolled my eyes at how stupid it sounded.
    But my point is there is a massive difference between asking medical doctors to look into something and asking people to try it. The media is misquoting him as asking people to try it or at least suggesting this treatment already exists. However dangerous you think his comment was, wouldn’t it be 10 times worse to misquote him on that to make it sound like he thinks  it’s safe? 
    Now if anyone is truly concerned that this is so dangerous that they feel the need to warn people, then how big of a story would it be if the media ignored it, or just reported the actual truth? The false reporting of his comments and comments like Hilary’s are more dangerous because they give false credibility to those claims.
    If I didn’t watch the clip I would probably believe he’s suggesting to drink chemicals because you have the media and even Hilary saying he did.

Now to that last comment. What makes you think this would be like the Nazi’s treatment of the Jews? We do medical testing every day, what makes you think this time we’d ignore all safety protocols and just sacrifice people?
    The media is not saying, "He suggested people try it"

The media is saying, "He suggested it as a possible cure"

There are people that are reading/hearing that and saying, "he suggested people try it". 

Just like, some poeple will actually try it. 
    The media is leaving out the word possible. They are saying he’s promoting an injection you could get that’s a cure. False, he promoted testing by medical professionals.

You're splitting hairs. We can all agree Trump suggested that injecting disinfectant into the human body might be the solution to our Coronavirus problem. That statement is idiotic on its face. That's what the media is reporting. The caveat that he wanted medical testing first doesn't make it any less idiotic, so it's really irrelevant. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    Did we hit rock bottom and crash through or was there never a bottom to begin with?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • #neverbottom

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,035
    edited April 2020
    can we inject the Lysol from the Mad Real World?

Asking for my girlfriend Katie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w2Zr9clLDI

Post edited by gimmesometruth27 on
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9psFtbw4Gg

bleach is mostly water. and we are mostly water. therefore, we are bleach.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,584
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9psFtbw4Gg

"We are bleach"  :lol: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,384
    mcgruff10 said:
    50,000+ American deaths and many more to come
    But let's drink household cleansers
    Getting close to Vietnam numbers, insane.  All this from something that is like the flu.  
    This is worse way worse, 50k in less than 3months do the math at this rate will be way over 100k in no time! But yeah let’s go out I def need a haircut or a massage..
    Totally agree bud.   I honestly don't see how this is ending.  I picked up my daughter's bday cake in gloves and mask today....good times.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,832
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Getting close to Vietnam numbers, insane.  All this from something that is like the flu.  
    This is worse way worse, 50k in less than 3months do the math at this rate will be way over 100k in no time! But yeah let’s go out I def need a haircut or a massage..
    Totally agree bud.   I honestly don't see how this is ending.  I picked up my daughter's bday cake in gloves and mask today....good times.
    I think we are going to bungle our way to the herd immunity level long before a vaccine can be developed.  Lots of people will die.  Initial antibody tests and other research seems to be showing that people had it in the US a lot earlier than thought and a lot more people have had it.
    "I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters just like you, just to see what would happen. I was asking a sarcastic and a very sarcastic question to the reporters in the room about disinfectant on the inside. But it does kill it and it would kill it on the hands, and it would make things much better." - Donald Trump, 4.24.20

We are in the midst of a national emergency and this is how he behaves. Or, more accurately, claims to behave because this is another lie.

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    It would’ve taken him like 5 minutes to be briefed or read up enough to make a  coherent point in the disinfectant injection.
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,268
    MayDay10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think we are going to bungle our way to the herd immunity level long before a vaccine can be developed.  Lots of people will die.  Initial antibody tests and other research seems to be showing that people had it in the US a lot earlier than thought and a lot more people have had it.
    I agree. It is amazing how many people I have spoken to that had a bad case of something that wasn't the flu or strep back in late January early February. My son ran a 102-105 temperature for 5 days straight and my wife was pretty sick at the same time. Hopefully having antibodies will in fact help people from getting reinfected or lesson the severity of symptoms should they. I have accepted that this is the new normal for the foreseeable future though.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    brianlux said:
    Mike D88 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:
    Watch it over and over until you realize just how stupid he sounded. IMO the “drink bleach” memes are just overkill if you’re going for comedic impact. They need no alterations.

Not saying his words never get twisted but when you say something that monumentally stupid you deserve whatever exaggerations. 
    It is extremely embarrassing when you see that Lysol had to come out with a public statement immediately following this brainless fucktard's comments and suggestions. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/lysol-manufacturer-warns-against-internal-use-after-trump-comments-n1191586
    This is the beef I have with these stories though. Lysol wouldn’t have to make that announcement if the media and social media didn’t intentionally misquote him.
    Even that article says “ President Donald Trump suggested that people could get an "injection" of "the disinfectant that knocks (coronavirus) out in a minute.” And he never said that in the clips I’ve seen. He specifically says it should be tested by medical doctors to see if it has any promise. But the media like this article is saying he says you can get an injection.

It was already a dumb comment on its own, we don’t need to make it worse. And guess what, if someone actually is dumb enough to try it who are they going to blame, Trump or the media who actually said it?
    Holy fucknuts. Trump has outed himself as the least informed person in this crisis, a position he's in by choice, after making one of the most profoundly dumb statements that have ever been made by a sitting president.

And you're more concerned with whether the statement was to inject bleach or drink it, and like, what's up with the media?

Fuck.

I can't figure out if Trump is simply a fucking idiot, the world's biggest Troll, a super misanthrope who like watching people die, or all of the above.  Probably all of the above and more.
    It is 100% the first two. Yesterday was him walking through a very stupid thought in real time. Disinfectants kill the virus > How can someone can get a disinfectant inside the body to fight it head on? These were probably revolutionary scientific thoughts in the 1700s.

The trolling you see every day up there. He knows how to get reporters worked up and that's fun for him. His ideal day is to deliver good news and then fuck with CNN.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9psFtbw4Gg

LOL

Thanks, I needed that.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
    A month ago, from the satirical news site The Onion....

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

Weird. Negative Creep was omitted on this version.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,732
    Image may contain one or more people and meme possible text that says ILL SWALLOW POISON UNTIL I GROW IMMUNE I WILL SCREAM MY LUNGS OUT TILL IT FILLS THIS ROOM MakeMemeAppcom neApp
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    JW269453 said:

Weird. Negative Creep was omitted on this version.

Actually no other Nirvana song titles describes him better. Honorable mentions to Downer, Something In The Way, and Dumb. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Mike D88 said:

This is what happens when his words and actions are so often indefensible. His people don't put the pitchforks down, they just look for another battle to fight.

After one week of rehab my old neighbor finally came home today!  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,406

www.myspace.com
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Happy happy birthday to her may you & family have a great celebration 🎉, we’re doing a drive by my dads on Sunday to wish him happy 81st ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mcgruff10 said:

Great news.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    mcgruff10 said:
    Whoa great news!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mcgruff10 said:
    That is awesome, hopefully a little sliver of solace for a family that has suffered unimaginably.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,406
    edited April 2020
    mace1229 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:

The president inferred injections of disinfectants could kill the virus (aka ingesting chemicals like bleach, Lysol, etc.) No, he didn't say, go drink bleach, he inferred the doctors should spend time testing the viability of putting the chemicals we use to clean in our bodies. He's dumb and it's a dangerous comment because there are a lot of dumber people out there than him. It sounds like the kind of testing the fucking Nazis conducted on the Jews. 
    I agree (except for the last sentence).. I’ll just reply to you because it applies to the rest who responded to my comment.
    It was a dumb comment, I’m not arguing that. As I listened I just rolled my eyes at how stupid it sounded.
    But my point is there is a massive difference between asking medical doctors to look into something and asking people to try it. The media is misquoting him as asking people to try it or at least suggesting this treatment already exists. However dangerous you think his comment was, wouldn’t it be 10 times worse to misquote him on that to make it sound like he thinks  it’s safe? 
    Now if anyone is truly concerned that this is so dangerous that they feel the need to warn people, then how big of a story would it be if the media ignored it, or just reported the actual truth? The false reporting of his comments and comments like Hilary’s are more dangerous because they give false credibility to those claims.
    If I didn’t watch the clip I would probably believe he’s suggesting to drink chemicals because you have the media and even Hilary saying he did.

Now to that last comment. What makes you think this would be like the Nazi’s treatment of the Jews? We do medical testing every day, what makes you think this time we’d ignore all safety protocols and just sacrifice people?
    The media is not saying, "He suggested people try it"

The media is saying, "He suggested it as a possible cure"

There are people that are reading/hearing that and saying, "he suggested people try it". 

Just like, some poeple will actually try it. 
    The media is leaving out the word possible. They are saying he’s promoting an injection you could get that’s a cure. False, he promoted testing by medical professionals.
    Hilary tweeted don’t ingest chemicals because trump thinks it’s a good idea. False, he never told anyone.

If Lysol and Hilary and all the other media outlets weren’t trying to push an agenda (make Trump look even worse) wouldn’t they just tell the truth? It would be safer and more effective to just say “don’t invest anything. That is not what trump suggested so don’t try it!” Then add your 2 cents about how it won’t work anyway.

But just saying not to listen to trump and don’t drink bleach puts out a message that’s false.

I already said it comments were dumb. So I’m not defending him, I’m calling out those who aren’t accurately reporting the incident though. 

At this point I’ve repeated myself enough. I don’t agree with twisting someone’s words and misquoting him to make a dumb comment sound even worse, and then blame him when people listen to the false reporting. Many seem okay with it. That’s my opinion, everyone can have theirs.

The media. The fucking media??!? Holy shit---dude you are in a cult, not a political party at this point.

The president of the United States publicly asked if his team of experts could look into if its a good idea to inject people with disinfectants and you are more upset over the media's characterization of that utter nonsense? The man has no brain! That should be your biggest concern / fear at this point.

But, alas, now he has said he was being sarcastic. So, naturally I would assume you would totally gobble that up as well. 

November cannot come soon enough. This nightmare has to end. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Happy happy birthday to her may you & family have a great celebration 🎉, we’re doing a drive by my dads on Sunday to wish him happy 81st ..
    Nice man!  Happy birthday papa Jose!!!
This discussion has been closed.