The coronavirus

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,316
    pjl44 said:
    Mike D88 said:
    I missed this yesterday, because time is immaterial now:

The head of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), which is overseeing vaccine development, was sacked because he wouldn't blindly endorse the use of hydroxychloroquine, a drug that now appears to do more harm than good when used to treat COVID-19.
    And in the interim a lot more details to the contrary have come out.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/04/22/hhs-ousts-vaccine-expert-as-covid-19-threat-grows-201642?__twitter_impression=true

Both can be true. He has said that he doesn’t support use as a treatment without evidence and was pushed to approve use anyway. He has also reported that he agreed to having trials performed, which would require presence of the drug. 
    Yeah, I mean have any of people saying otherwise worked in a corporate environment before?  The private, leadership meetings where true feeling are discussed and debated.  Once a path is chosen, everyone leaving the room is suppose to not go around contradicting the decisions, etc.  You don't always get your way and you sometimes have to implement what others (especially higher leadership) dictates.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,197
    There’s already been reports, prior to Team Trump Treason promoting bleach ingestion and UV light penetration, of a spike in home poisonings due to people going overboard with cleaning supplies. One woman was taken to the ER after filling her kitchen sink with 10% bleach solution, vinegar and her store bought produce, creating a gas cloud. Had to be on oxygen for several hours. What the fuck is wrong with people?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    https://twitter.com/davidcorndc/status/1253654468429860864?s=21
    Let’s caption this ok, what is she thinking? 
    “When can I retire when can I retire oh god please”

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    27% herd immunity in NY with 2.7million positive tests for antibodies. Extrapolated globally thats over 2 billion Rona cases.  This thing is 99.999% harmless.  Lets fucking get shit open.  This is the dumbest shit ever.
    I can understand the frustration, but we literally had no data on this, and even now we have limited data.  If Trump and his supporters really wanted the country to remain open he would have ensured test kits were available on demand.  Without it, it was all speculation. 

And (not you) but I love the moving goalposts

1) This isn't anything like the bird flu, that killed 12,000+ US people in a year period! (Check the current fatalities from COvid-19)
    2) This is just the flu! Well in 18-19 flu season the flu killed roughly 35,000 people. In 2-3 months check Covid-19.

And, again, the stay at home order wasn't to magically make covid-19 go away.  It was meant to ensure the health care infrastructure wasn't overwhelmed and people didnt die just because we couldn't serve them.

As with all things safety, people always question the cost because, if you are successful, the benefit isn't truly known.  Which is why I sometimes hate my job and always hate people.
    hippiemom = goodness
    I just re-watched the complete interview Anderson Cooper had with that idiot Las Vegas Mayor. Guess what? He never called her an idiot. He called a statement that she made, "ignorant." Is it possible CNN edited the interview they posted on their website? Sure, I guess. I found it on my phone and can't find it on CNN's page. If you can find it, watch it. Then decide for yourself if the mayor of Las Vegas is an idiot. Don't think what Anderson Cooper wants you to.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/politics/carolyn-goodman-anderson-cooper-las-vegas/index.html
    We all view things through our bias.  I will say, I had a very liberal friend of mine send me the interview.  He was bashing Cooper.  I like Cooper, I watched it, I didn't actually think it was as bad as my far more liberal friend thought it was.  The world is upside down.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Gotta vent..just saw a single mother of 7...SEVEN...lost her job as a cashier and is complaining...
    Those "Dads" better be doing their part!  I but they aren't.

But yes, I tend to look at any family that has more than 2 kids as being a bit selfish and irresponsible.  Ok, more than a bit.  And it goes up as the number of kids goes up.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    edited April 2020
    https://twitter.com/davidcorndc/status/1253654468429860864?s=21
    Let’s caption this ok, what is she thinking? 
    “When can I retire when can I retire oh god please”

When the director tells you “look exasperated, annoyed, shocked. I’ll cut when I’ll cut when I get the take”
    Post edited by DewieCox on
    There’s already been reports, prior to Team Trump Treason promoting bleach ingestion and UV light penetration, of a spike in home poisonings due to people going overboard with cleaning supplies. One woman was taken to the ER after filling her kitchen sink with 10% bleach solution, vinegar and her store bought produce, creating a gas cloud. Had to be on oxygen for several hours. What the fuck is wrong with people?
    People don't know.  Chlorine gas is some bad stuff.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    Sorry, three tweets. While everyone else is in a pig pile over bleach drinking, consider that the Army's independent research seems to match other studies that the spread slows considerably when the virus is in contact with uv light, heat, and humidity. This is potentially good news, in the same vein as the study Gottlieb shared yesterday. 

pjl44 said:
    Sorry, three tweets. While everyone else is in a pig pile over bleach drinking, consider that the Army's independent research seems to match other studies that the spread slows considerably when the virus is in contact with uv light, heat, and humidity. This is potentially good news, in the same vein as the study Gottlieb shared yesterday. 

Yes all good & dandy what happens once the fall comes again and it comes back , again most folks are flabbergasted not that he’s preaching disinfectant against C19 but that is the president of the most advanced nation 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    But, you know, both sides are the same.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    pjl44 said:

Yes all good & dandy what happens once the fall comes again and it comes back , again most folks are flabbergasted not that he’s preaching disinfectant against C19 but that is the president of the most advanced nation 
    Everyone understands the cold weather will present a new challenge, but even if we can loosen up for just a couple months in the summer that will be very good for people 
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Just out of morbid curiosity, did some napkin math comparing Coronavirus to various wars we've been involved in: 

pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Everyone understands the cold weather will present a new challenge, but even if we can loosen up for just a couple months in the summer that will be very good for people 
    No doubt ,I’ll just loosen up way over here all by myself let’s make it 12’ between us..

• Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,022
    pjl44 said:
    Ninas tweet - Going from an unproven malaria drug to shooting up
    https://twitter.com/the_resistor/status/1253683835952230401?s=21
    Football stadium full damn the estimated 100k is not out of the ? 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    Trumps comments did sound moronic. But I do love how him saying medical doctors should test if injecting disinfected is effective has turned into him telling people to drink bleach.
    mace1229 said:
    Trumps comments did sound moronic. But I do love how him saying medical doctors should test if injecting disinfected is effective has turned into him telling people to drink bleach.
    lol yeah ok 
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

amidoingthisright?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    edited April 2020
    Watch it over and over until you realize just how stupid he sounded. IMO the “drink bleach” memes are just overkill if you’re going for comedic impact. They need no alterations.

Not saying his words never get twisted but when you say something that monumentally stupid you deserve whatever exaggerations. 
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    DewieCox said:
    Watch it over and over until you realize just how stupid he sounded. IMO the “drink bleach” memes are just overkill if you’re going for comedic impact. They need no alterations.

Not saying his words never get twisted but when you say something that monumentally stupid you deserve whatever exaggerations. 
    Ya bro he did not say drink bleach just that doctors should research if injecting disinfectant works! Get that disinfectant all over our lungs! Also lets get that UV light inside our body! Kills the virus in 1 minute! Cancer oh well! What do we have to lose?
    edited April 2020
    DewieCox said:

It is extremely embarrassing when you see that Lysol had to come out with a public statement immediately following this brainless fucktard's comments and suggestions. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/lysol-manufacturer-warns-against-internal-use-after-trump-comments-n1191586
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,515
    Trumps injecting disinfectant comment was beyond stupid because it actually removed some significant good news yesterday from the headlines. If the NY data is accurate, 14% have been infected and have antibodies, which would significantly lower the estimated covid mortality rate
    DewieCox said:

I didn’t deny that, he does sound moronic. But I put this on the level of a CNN segment I saw about hydroxychloroquine. When a man ate fish tank cleaner because it had a similar, but not the same, name and CNN reported it as “Man dies after taking medicine Trump pushes.”
    The thing is its Nd in your if it’s just a joke. But people quoting him as saying things he didn’t, when like you said it’s already bad enough.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    Sure, he sounded insane, but he didn't sound THAT insane. Why do people twist his words?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Trump the doctor - Imgflip
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    50,000+ American deaths and many more to come
    But let's drink household cleansers
    And the majority of that blood is on his hands. Especially while he was pushing hydroxychloroquine which turned out to have detrimental consequences for a good number of patients. It is unfathomable how this P.O.S. still has supporters out there at this point. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,384
    edited April 2020
    Getting close to Vietnam numbers, insane.  All this from something that is like the flu.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:

It is extremely embarrassing when you see that Lysol had to come out with a public statement immediately following this brainless fucktard's comments and suggestions. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/lysol-manufacturer-warns-against-internal-use-after-trump-comments-n1191586
    This is the beef I have with these stories though. Lysol wouldn’t have to make that announcement if the media and social media didn’t intentionally misquote him.
    Even that article says “ President Donald Trump suggested that people could get an "injection" of "the disinfectant that knocks (coronavirus) out in a minute.” And he never said that in the clips I’ve seen. He specifically says it should be tested by medical doctors to see if it has any promise. But the media like this article is saying he says you can get an injection.

It was already a dumb comment on its own, we don’t need to make it worse. And guess what, if someone actually is dumb enough to try it who are they going to blame, Trump or the media who actually said it?
This discussion has been closed.