The coronavirus

Comments

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:
    Watch it over and over until you realize just how stupid he sounded. IMO the “drink bleach” memes are just overkill if you’re going for comedic impact. They need no alterations.

Not saying his words never get twisted but when you say something that monumentally stupid you deserve whatever exaggerations. 
    It is extremely embarrassing when you see that Lysol had to come out with a public statement immediately following this brainless fucktard's comments and suggestions. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/lysol-manufacturer-warns-against-internal-use-after-trump-comments-n1191586
    This is the beef I have with these stories though. Lysol wouldn’t have to make that announcement if the media and social media didn’t intentionally misquote him.
    Even that article says “ President Donald Trump suggested that people could get an "injection" of "the disinfectant that knocks (coronavirus) out in a minute.” And he never said that in the clips I’ve seen. He specifically says it should be tested by medical doctors to see if it has any promise. But the media like this article is saying he says you can get an injection.

It was already a dumb comment on its own, we don’t need to make it worse. And guess what, if someone actually is dumb enough to try it who are they going to blame, Trump or the media who actually said it?
    Trump said it.  He openly wondered if this was a possibility.  The chances are very slim that anyone actually does this....but its possible.  Why even suggest this out loud?

Here is what happened....he was getting briefed and was told that the virus gets killed with disinfectants after a certain period.  And sunlight or UV rays kill it after a certain period. 

Then he openly wondered if there was a way to test if injecting disinfectants would kill the virus.  Then he openly wondered if you can get UV light or sunlight into the body, through an injection.  

ok, so, I agree that almost nobody will actually attempt this.  But how low is our bar set here?  Are we actually defending him at this point?  These are the dumbest comments yet, by a guy who is making a career of dumb comments.  And  yes, suggesting it is dangerous.  like he did with hydroxychloroquine. 

Lets not blame the media, ok?   Trump needs to take heat for saying this stuff.  He was not misquoted.  A person this dumb should not be leading a country.  When the President of the United States openly wonders if we can mainline lysol, bleach or alcohol, that is newsworthy, because its stupidity beyond expectations. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:
    Watch it over and over until you realize just how stupid he sounded. IMO the “drink bleach” memes are just overkill if you’re going for comedic impact. They need no alterations.

Not saying his words never get twisted but when you say something that monumentally stupid you deserve whatever exaggerations. 
    It is extremely embarrassing when you see that Lysol had to come out with a public statement immediately following this brainless fucktard's comments and suggestions. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/lysol-manufacturer-warns-against-internal-use-after-trump-comments-n1191586
    This is the beef I have with these stories though. Lysol wouldn’t have to make that announcement if the media and social media didn’t intentionally misquote him.
    Even that article says “ President Donald Trump suggested that people could get an "injection" of "the disinfectant that knocks (coronavirus) out in a minute.” And he never said that in the clips I’ve seen. He specifically says it should be tested by medical doctors to see if it has any promise. But the media like this article is saying he says you can get an injection.

It was already a dumb comment on its own, we don’t need to make it worse. And guess what, if someone actually is dumb enough to try it who are they going to blame, Trump or the media who actually said it?
    By saying that it should be tested, he is indeed "suggesting" that it is something people "could" get (if the tests prove successful). 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:

The president inferred injections of disinfectants could kill the virus (aka ingesting chemicals like bleach, Lysol, etc.) No, he didn't say, go drink bleach, he inferred the doctors should spend time testing the viability of putting the chemicals we use to clean in our bodies. He's dumb and it's a dangerous comment because there are a lot of dumber people out there than him. It sounds like the kind of testing the fucking Nazis conducted on the Jews. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    Like follow me here.  The virus attacks the lungs, right.  what if we removed the patient's lungs, then the virus would have nothing to attack and die off, right?  Now Im not a doctor, but just really smart and can figure these things out.  Dr Birx.  Please look into the removal of patients lungs. right.  OK.  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,384
    MayDay10 said:
    Like follow me here.  The virus attacks the lungs, right.  what if we removed the patient's lungs, then the virus would have nothing to attack and die off, right?  Now Im not a doctor, but just really smart and can figure these things out.  Dr Birx.  Please look into the removal of patients lungs. right.  OK.  
    Makes perfect sense to me. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,022
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:

The fact of the matter is that this is major headlining news and it is extremely concerning. No, he never suggested that people should go to their kitchens and pull out the bleach from underneath the sink and down the hatch like it's a Friday afternoon happy hour get together, but he did present these ideas as if some of the task force members and professionals suggested that this would be cutting edge treatment. We have to stop and consider the fact that there are many ignorant, uneducated, dull, and or impressionable individuals in this world that would think that these are very impressive ideas and or suggestions and would go as far as taking these measures as a line of protection, or cure through self medicating. Watch the video again. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-suggests-infecting-disinfectant-video-transcript-2020-4
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:

I didn’t deny that, he does sound moronic. But I put this on the level of a CNN segment I saw about hydroxychloroquine. When a man ate fish tank cleaner because it had a similar, but not the same, name and CNN reported it as “Man dies after taking medicine Trump pushes.”
    Which, by the way, looks like it was actually a murder

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/man-who-died-ingesting-fish-tank-cleaner-remembered-as-intelligent-levelheaded/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
    mcgruff10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    And of course non of us here thought of this sooner, because we are no where near his level of high intelligence. Because let us not forget that he is a stable genius. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    mcgruff10 said:
    50,000+ American deaths and many more to come
    But let's drink household cleansers
    Getting close to Vietnam numbers, insane.  All this from something that is like the flu.  
    This is worse way worse, 50k in less than 3months do the math at this rate will be way over 100k in no time! But yeah let’s go out I def need a haircut or a massage..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,197
    Ray J. T. said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    And of course non of us here thought of this sooner, because we are no where near his level of high intelligence. Because let us not forget that he is a stable genius. 
    A "very" stable genius playing 4D chess, I think you meant.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    MayDay10 said:
    It's hard to believe this is real life sometimes.  How Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci have held it together and not told Trump to just shut the fuck up is beyond me.  Just amazing how dumb this president is.  And even more amazing how many people listen to and believe every word he says.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    edited April 2020
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:

The president inferred injections of disinfectants could kill the virus (aka ingesting chemicals like bleach, Lysol, etc.) No, he didn't say, go drink bleach, he inferred the doctors should spend time testing the viability of putting the chemicals we use to clean in our bodies. He's dumb and it's a dangerous comment because there are a lot of dumber people out there than him. It sounds like the kind of testing the fucking Nazis conducted on the Jews. 
    I agree (except for the last sentence).. I’ll just reply to you because it applies to the rest who responded to my comment.
    It was a dumb comment, I’m not arguing that. As I listened I just rolled my eyes at how stupid it sounded.
    But my point is there is a massive difference between asking medical doctors to look into something and asking people to try it. The media is misquoting him as asking people to try it or at least suggesting this treatment already exists. However dangerous you think his comment was, wouldn’t it be 10 times worse to misquote him on that to make it sound like he thinks  it’s safe? 
    Now if anyone is truly concerned that this is so dangerous that they feel the need to warn people, then how big of a story would it be if the media ignored it, or just reported the actual truth? The false reporting of his comments and comments like Hilary’s are more dangerous because they give false credibility to those claims.
    If I didn’t watch the clip I would probably believe he’s suggesting to drink chemicals because you have the media and even Hilary saying he did.

Now to that last comment. What makes you think this would be like the Nazi’s treatment of the Jews? We do medical testing every day, what makes you think this time we’d ignore all safety protocols and just sacrifice people?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    mace1229 said:
    Trumps comments did sound moronic. But I do love how him saying medical doctors should test if injecting disinfected is effective has turned into him telling people to drink bleach.
    Right, injecting bleach sounds so much better than drinking it.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:
    Trumps comments did sound moronic. But I do love how him saying medical doctors should test if injecting disinfected is effective has turned into him telling people to drink bleach.
    You mainline anything it will work better than drinking.
    Ajax
    Clorox
    Lysol
    Mr. Clean

Shoot it all
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:
    Right, injecting bleach sounds so much better  Safer* than drinking it.

Here, fixed it for you. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:

I agree (except for the last sentence).. I’ll just reply to you because it applies to the rest who responded to my comment.
    It was a dumb comment, I’m not arguing that. As I listened I just rolled my eyes at how stupid it sounded.
    But my point is there is a massive difference between asking medical doctors to look into something and asking people to try it. The media is misquoting him as asking people to try it or at least suggesting this treatment already exists. However dangerous you think his comment was, wouldn’t it be 10 times worse to misquote him on that to make it sound like he thinks  it’s safe? 
    Now if anyone is truly concerned that this is so dangerous that they feel the need to warn people, then how big of a story would it be if the media ignored it, or just reported the actual truth? The false reporting of his comments and comments like Hilary’s are more dangerous because they give false credibility to those claims.
    If I didn’t watch the clip I would probably believe he’s suggesting to drink chemicals because you have the media and even Hilary saying he did.

Now to that last comment. What makes you think this would be like the Nazi’s treatment of the Jews? We do medical testing every day, what makes you think this time we’d ignore all safety protocols and just sacrifice people?

He is President of the United States. He needs to be held to that standard, not a lesser one where we dismiss what he says as crazy gibberish and then critique the media for how it covers him.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    MayDay10 said:
    It's hard to believe this is real life sometimes.  How Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci have held it together and not told Trump to just shut the fuck up is beyond me.  Just amazing how dumb this president is.  And even more amazing how many people listen to and believe every word he says.
    It is out of duty. They feel the need to sit the fence and remain on the administration to save as many lives as possible.  That includes trying to appear to accept these wacky theories, not publicly second guessing the president, watching him not give clear information, etc...  but if they can remain and influence policy, they could save 100,000s of lives (or more).  Thats heavy....

But Im thinking that they hold the hammer right now.  If Birx and Fauci went a bit on the offensive right now, and Trump fired them (while things appear to be on a plateau or on a down-trend)... re-opened the country too early and finds horrific calamity.  That is 100% on Trump.  Birx and Fauci could blow the lid off the administration going anywhere they can to spread what should be done and how the administrating has and is failing.  THEY hold the hammer.  I saw the other day that Fauci had like an 80% approval rating and 7% disapproval. 
     Trump is going to open things too early either way.  The only difference is, if Brix and Fauci are still there, he will fire them then and out-source the blame, which would cost them their huge credibility currency they have right now.
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:

The media is not saying, "He suggested people try it"

The media is saying, "He suggested it as a possible cure"

There are people that are reading/hearing that and saying, "he suggested people try it". 

Just like, some poeple will actually try it. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,584
    Ray J. T. said:
    50,000+ American deaths and many more to come
    But let's drink household cleansers
    And the majority of that blood is on his hands. Especially while he was pushing hydroxychloroquine which turned out to have detrimental consequences for a good number of patients. It is unfathomable how this P.O.S. still has supporters out there at this point. 
    This!

AND, it made that drug less available for those who do need it for diseases not COVID-19 related.  The man is a menace to society.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Vedd Hedd said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:

There are people that are reading/hearing that and saying, "he suggested people try it". 

The media is leaving out the word possible. They are saying he’s promoting an injection you could get that’s a cure. False, he promoted testing by medical professionals.
    Hilary tweeted don’t ingest chemicals because trump thinks it’s a good idea. False, he never told anyone.

If Lysol and Hilary and all the other media outlets weren’t trying to push an agenda (make Trump look even worse) wouldn’t they just tell the truth? It would be safer and more effective to just say “don’t invest anything. That is not what trump suggested so don’t try it!” Then add your 2 cents about how it won’t work anyway.

But just saying not to listen to trump and don’t drink bleach puts out a message that’s false.

I already said it comments were dumb. So I’m not defending him, I’m calling out those who aren’t accurately reporting the incident though. 

At this point I’ve repeated myself enough. I don’t agree with twisting someone’s words and misquoting him to make a dumb comment sound even worse, and then blame him when people listen to the false reporting. Many seem okay with it. That’s my opinion, everyone can have theirs.

mace1229 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:

The media is leaving out the word possible. They are saying he’s promoting an injection you could get that’s a cure. False, he promoted testing by medical professionals.
    Hilary tweeted don’t ingest chemicals because trump thinks it’s a good idea. False, he never told anyone.

If Lysol and Hilary and all the other media outlets weren’t trying to push an agenda (make Trump look even worse) wouldn’t they just tell the truth? It would be safer and more effective to just say “don’t invest anything. That is not what trump suggested so don’t try it!” Then add your 2 cents about how it won’t work anyway.

But just saying not to listen to trump and don’t drink bleach puts out a message that’s false.

I already said it comments were dumb. So I’m not defending him, I’m calling out those who aren’t accurately reporting the incident though. 

At this point I’ve repeated myself enough. I don’t agree with twisting someone’s words and misquoting him to make a dumb comment sound even worse, and then blame him when people listen to the false reporting. Many seem okay with it. That’s my opinion, everyone can have theirs.

Hillary Clinton is not "the media".  She ran against him.  This is the pot calling the kettle black, though, as Trump has said flat out lies about others as well. So this is a wash. 

The media isnt leaving out the word possible.  Every article or clip i have read or seen is phrasing it correctly....then yes, opinion people say its dangerous to even suggest it. 

Are you seriously accusing LYSOL of pushing an agenda?  

You have been fair in this argument, so I dont mean to belittle it or anything.  I just disagree based on what I am seeing. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:

I didn’t deny that, he does sound moronic. But I put this on the level of a CNN segment I saw about hydroxychloroquine. When a man ate fish tank cleaner because it had a similar, but not the same, name and CNN reported it as “Man dies after taking medicine Trump pushes.”
    Which, by the way, looks like it was actually a murder

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/man-who-died-ingesting-fish-tank-cleaner-remembered-as-intelligent-levelheaded/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
    It’s funny that even that article is still saying the drug he took was the same drug Trump was promoting testing of. It wasn’t. Similar name, 2 different drugs.
    No one ever runs out of salt (sodium chloride) and reaches for chlorine bleach, then blames the salt maker. Half the same name doesn’t mean much in chemistry.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JimmyV said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:

He is President of the United States. He needs to be held to that standard, not a lesser one where we dismiss what he says as crazy gibberish and then critique the media for how it covers him.
    Fucking eh.

If your response to the President of the United States proving himself to be total moron is to move directly to the subtlety of the media's coverage of his idiocy...wow.  I don't want a ban, so I'll just say wow.
    Especially if you voted for that walking meatball...

This whole thing angers me on a deep level, that we have accepted such an utterly ignorant man as our leader.  This isn't even idiocy on and adult level, it's middle school level idiocy.  
    The idiocy is bad enough, but more galling is the arrogance to think, from the depths of your proven ineptitude, that such a simpleton's idea might be a novel solution that scientists have never thought to try. The level of basic science knowledge that he must lack to make that statement is fucking STAGGERING!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    edited April 2020
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:

Holy fucknuts. Trump has outed himself as the least informed person in this crisis, a position he's in by choice, after making one of the most profoundly dumb statements that have ever been made by a sitting president.

And you're more concerned with whether the statement was to inject bleach or drink it, and like, what's up with the media?

Fuck.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,584
    Mike D88 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:

Holy fucknuts. Trump has outed himself as the least informed person in this crisis, a position he's in by choice, after making one of the most profoundly dumb statements that have ever been made by a sitting president.

And you're more concerned with whether the statement was to inject bleach or drink it, and like, what's up with the media?

Fuck.

I can't figure out if Trump is simply a fucking idiot, the world's biggest Troll, a super misanthrope who like watching people die, or all of the above.  Probably all of the above and more.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    DewieCox said:

I get what you're saying and how directly quoting him should be the focus, but I think it's pretty obvious that most people naturally interpret his words the way we've seen the general public and media address it. This all comes back to what many have said for years, words matter. To watch that part of the briefing is painful. For him to take the information he's received and relay it in that way is irresponsible. Why would you even make that comment or suggestion during a live briefing? I know you said it's moronic, but it's more than that because of who he is and the fly in the face of logic supporters we have seen who are his base. Never should he, or any other leader, be the one making suggestions related to medical response in an open forum. Fine if he wants to ask those dumb questions behind closed doors, but not then. It's almost like he's trying to make it seem like he's more knowledgeable than the professionals on his team specifically tasked with doing that work and that goes toward the division he's sowed with trusting experts in most fields the last 3 years.

As for my last comment, you're right, I was referring to it as if proper testing wasn't done and people were just injected to see what happened. Probably not a fair assessment and basing it just off Trump's off handed recommendation.
    It's a hopeless situation...
This discussion has been closed.