The coronavirus

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,649
    I wonder how many Chinese travelers have been to N Korea since Jan......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • rhanishanerhanishane Posts: 505
    brianlux said:
    11.2 million people in Aus now have compromised lungs after the bushfires. It's spreading from doctors to healthcare workers to patients and schools and nursing homes. Western Sydney is a hot spot for it. Those tested positive in self isolation have continued to work and expose the virus to multiple people including one student who continued to work in a busy hotel. 

Very sorry to hear that, rhanishane.  I hope you are well.  How is it that people are testing positive in self isolation and continuing to work?  Do you mean working from home?
    Nope they're not working from home. Ridiculous another woman who tested positive was eating at a local highway fuel stop near me.. I stop there all the time. They choose to self isolate and are not followed up. If we present with flu like symptoms we must go get tested for corona virus. Guess who is getting flu like symptoms wahhhhh me🙄
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,469
    ^^i hope you  are ok  thinking of you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,588
    brianlux said:
    11.2 million people in Aus now have compromised lungs after the bushfires. It's spreading from doctors to healthcare workers to patients and schools and nursing homes. Western Sydney is a hot spot for it. Those tested positive in self isolation have continued to work and expose the virus to multiple people including one student who continued to work in a busy hotel. 

Very sorry to hear that, rhanishane.  I hope you are well.  How is it that people are testing positive in self isolation and continuing to work?  Do you mean working from home?
    Nope they're not working from home. Ridiculous another woman who tested positive was eating at a local highway fuel stop near me.. I stop there all the time. They choose to self isolate and are not followed up. If we present with flu like symptoms we must go get tested for corona virus. Guess who is getting flu like symptoms wahhhhh me🙄

Oh bummer! 

Get well soon!  I'm no doctor so ask around about this, but my doctor recommends 50,000 IU of vitamin D3  daily for 2 to 3 days when having the flu.  I've found it helpful in the past.  Sounds like a lot but it's not.    You would have to several hundreds of thousands of IU to have ill affect. 

This doctor concurs:

"In those patients who do have influenza, we have treated them with the vitamin D hammer, as coined by my colleague. This is a 1-time 50 000 IU dose of vitamin D3 or 10 000 IU 3 times daily for 2 to 3 days. The results are dramatic, with complete resolution of symptoms in 48 to 72 hours. One-time doses of vitamin D at this level have been used safely and have never been shown to be toxic.8 We urgently need a study of this intervention."

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rhanishanerhanishane Posts: 505
    I will be ok. Just the sniffles, hoping it's just the change in weather as it's getting cooler in Aus finally. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,075
    My mom starts yesterday..'' maybe we should buy some stuff, just in case you know, the news says..''
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,288
    I’m no doctor either but I started taking 1-3 drops of oil of oregano and haven’t caught a cold in 2 years. I would be good for 2-3 colds per year before then. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,005
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m no doctor either but I started taking 1-3 drops of oil of oregano and haven’t caught a cold in 2 years. I would be good for 2-3 colds per year before then. 
    Oil of oregano?  No shit?  You must be talian.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,062
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    nicknyr15 said:

I sure am. But it was recommended to me years ago by a Greek (still not surprising). And it’s been a life saver. I’ll never go without it. I’m not usually a believer in stuff like that but I’ve 100% saw the difference. 
    So, yesterday, Sunday is my weekly shopping day.

The supermarket was PACKED!  I guess people are loading up on things?

I purchased my regular items, not stockpiling.  If needed I can survive 2 weeks without leaving my place.

Visited my aunt at the ER and they had a person in "isolation" there.  I told the nurse that it was a nice way to say quarantined, lol.

People are getting overtly worried but I am glad that people are finally starting to wash their hands.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I sure am. But it was recommended to me years ago by a Greek (still not surprising). And it’s been a life saver. I’ll never go without it. I’m not usually a believer in stuff like that but I’ve 100% saw the difference. 
    I use it too. A family member had a funny experience where she took 2 droppers full instead of 2 drops. She thought she was dying because it was a highly concentrated one. Those of you who have had it probably can understand that! Anecdote aside, I also would vouch for oil of oregano.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

I purchased my regular items, not stockpiling.  If needed I can survive 2 weeks without leaving my place.

Visited my aunt at the ER and they had a person in "isolation" there.  I told the nurse that it was a nice way to say quarantined, lol.

People are getting overtly worried but I am glad that people are finally starting to wash their hands.
    The best thing to come out if this is exactly that. People are more aware now. Plus it seems as if planes and public transportation are cleaner than they’ve ever been. Every day I get emails from airlines, my gym etc.. telling how much they’re cleaning. Which makes me wonder, what were or weren’t doing before this!!!?? It shouldn’t have taken an outbreak but , oh well. 
    nicknyr15 said:

The best thing to come out if this is exactly that. People are more aware now. Plus it seems as if planes and public transportation are cleaner than they’ve ever been. Every day I get emails from airlines, my gym etc.. telling how much they’re cleaning. Which makes me wonder, what were or weren’t doing before this!!!?? It shouldn’t have taken an outbreak but , oh well. 
    My biggest pet peave at a gym is people not wiping down the unit they were on after using it.

I also agree with you, you mean to tell me that you are cleaning the facility "better" now?  They should have been doing this all along.
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I'm going to start using it.

TY
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I'm going to start using it.

TY
    North American Herb & Spice Oreganol P73, 1 Fl Oz 
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019LWTQW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5cJzEbMZ5EJX0

1-2 drops daily. Ramp it up a little if you’re around sick peoole during cold season. It’s strong and gross, but you’ll get used to it. 

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    https://apple.news/AA1qTeVJcSi2La5dMYao-yw
    Great leaders rise up or are made when the shit hits the fan , so far the leader of the free world has fallen on his orange face! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    nicknyr15 said:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/south-korea-coronavirus-testing-death-rate-2020-3?amp I’m sure this administration would rebuke this information!
    This is clearly the case.  They know the numerator but the denominator is “self reported.”   Actually, the administration was pointing this out.  
    I don’t believe anything this administration has to say about any issues at all! I rebuke all their info 
    This is how I feel about ANY administration 

BSAB?

clip clop

How do your horseshoes fit?
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/south-korea-coronavirus-testing-death-rate-2020-3?amp I’m sure this administration would rebuke this information!
    This is clearly the case.  They know the numerator but the denominator is “self reported.”   Actually, the administration was pointing this out.  
    I don’t believe anything this administration has to say about any issues at all! I rebuke all their info 
    This is how I feel about ANY administration 

BSAB?

clip clop

How do your horseshoes fit?
    What 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,312
    Trump telling us, yet again, that he doesn't give a shit about people.  Speaking about the ship off the shore in Oakland...

“I’d rather have the people stay, but I’d go with them. I told them to make the final decision.”

“I would rather because I like the numbers being where they are,” Trump continued. “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault. And it wasn't the fault of the people on the ship either, okay? It wasn't their fault either and they're mostly Americans. So, I can live either way with it. I'd rather have them stay on, personally.”

mrussel1 said:
    Trump telling us, yet again, that he doesn't give a shit about people.  Speaking about the ship off the shore in Oakland...

“I’d rather have the people stay, but I’d go with them. I told them to make the final decision.”

“I would rather because I like the numbers being where they are,” Trump continued. “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault. And it wasn't the fault of the people on the ship either, okay? It wasn't their fault either and they're mostly Americans. So, I can live either way with it. I'd rather have them stay on, personally.”

If the ship is indeed infected, why wouldn't you have them stay on the ship?  Keeping them on there would quarantine them successfully.

Not sure why this is an issue?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,062
    mrussel1 said:

This sounds like a line written for  a character in Arrested Development.

What the fuck is that.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,388
    mrussel1 said:

If the ship is indeed infected, why wouldn't you have them stay on the ship?  Keeping them on there would quarantine them successfully.

Agreed.  Keep them on the damn ship. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

If they’re being cared for then what’s the difference where they’re quarantined? I agreee 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,211
    If it were any of you posting from that ship, you’d be screaming for the ACLU and complaining about illegal detention, particularly if you were a “citizen.” Think there’s still an open bar?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mrussel1 said:

Because of the reasoning he articulates.  He is worried about the "numbers", and that it wasn't "our fault". 

Where in that sentence does he talk about the best care for the patients?  And these are American citizens, 40% of them are CA residents.  You're telling me that we can't bring them onshore and quarantine them?  

He is putting his political calculations and the 'numbers' before the care of the citizens.  It's a window into how he thinks. 
  • If it were any of you posting from that ship, you’d be screaming for the ACLU and complaining about illegal detention, particularly if you were a “citizen.” Think there’s still an open bar?

Yeah, nobody on that ship is happy. 
    How much extra booze do they store?  (And how ugly will things get when they run out?!)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,211
    If it were any of you posting from that ship, you’d be screaming for the ACLU and complaining about illegal detention, particularly if you were a “citizen.” Think there’s still an open bar?

Yeah, nobody on that ship is happy. 
    How much extra booze do they store?  (And how ugly will things get when they run out?!)
    Imagine the outrage if Obama had kept them there and then moved them to a FEMA camp? Maybe they should evacuate them to the facilities holding detained migrant children, seeing how good they have it?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

If they’re being cared for then what’s the difference where they’re quarantined? I agreee 
    @mcgruff10 too..

In what world would cruise ship health care be better than that of the California medical system?
    In what world should the CDC not be prepared to handle this situation?
    In what world would you think that your parents or children should be left quarantined on a cruise ship rather than getting care as a US citizen?

Have you all checked your empathy at the door?  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Because of the reasoning he articulates.  He is worried about the "numbers", and that it wasn't "our fault". 

Where in that sentence does he talk about the best care for the patients?  And these are American citizens, 40% of them are CA residents.  You're telling me that we can't bring them onshore and quarantine them?  

He is putting his political calculations and the 'numbers' before the care of the citizens.  It's a window into how he thinks. 
    Got it.  I missed that point about the numbers.

I personally would keep them on the ship and care for them there.  The ship will be rendered useless for a week anyways so might as well just wait out the full 14 days so it is cleared of anymore spreading of the virus.
This discussion has been closed.