The coronavirus

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,005
    If it were any of you posting from that ship, you’d be screaming for the ACLU and complaining about illegal detention, particularly if you were a “citizen.” Think there’s still an open bar?
    I got chickenpox at the ripe age of 34.  I was all set to go on a plane across the country to a business function that was mandatory.

Had to cancel the trip because I had a highly contagious infection and didn't want to spread it knowingly so I stayed home.  Nobody dies from getting chicken pox that I've heard but I stayed home to stop the spread.

The people on that ship need to understand that them staying put helps stop the spread of something that can actually kill people.

It's an inconvenience, yes but it can also be life saving.
    I’m assuming you were home, which I’ll also assume is larger than 150-220 square feet, the average size of a cruise ship cabin? I’ll also assume you might not have shared your square footage with a spouse or travel companion and that you were also able to do the other vagaries of life, like pay your bills, care for your pets, maybe even cook and clean, take in the mail, water your plants?
    I was not on a ship, correct but I understand about taking one for the team so to speak.  Thanks for using my morale compass against me, nice touch.

I am not worried about contacting the virus should I get it, I'll survive, it's the other people that can't fight off the virus that I would be afraid for. It wouldn't sit well with me knowing I spread something that could potentially kill someone.
    I'd love for you to be posting from that ship as your attitude seems to be, "whats the big deal, I stayed home for a week." You were home. With chicken pox. Should I call you a hero for not flying? The bottom line is that the current US government is incapable of dealing with the situation and by now, they should have had a plan for docking, removing, testing and quarantining those passengers requiring it, whether at home or collectively. Canada seems ready and able to remove their citizens. Will Team Trump Treason prevent them from doing so because he doesn't want to look stupid?

You would only spread something if you disobeyed the direction of the medical personnel and went out and about on your daily routine. Are you advocating for those people who are self-isolating to be collectively held? Maybe under armed guard?
    Your last sentence grabbed me the most. Man you really go off the fucking rails sometimes...

I also said I’d be mad at them (govt) fornot having a plan. 

Should I not be mad then if I was placed in a hospital under quarantine or that’s acceptable?
    I'm not sure what you're worried about. From our very stable geniuses twitter:

So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!

You tell me? Personally, I'd rather be in a hospital knowing I'm getting medical care, if needed/required, rather than being stuck on a cruise ship with no end in site and no information about my immediate future, and worried about all the shit I have at home to deal with, you know, mortgage payments, car payments, utility bills, because I'm sure the Team Trump Treason Response Team has that part figured out too. Or, allow me to self-isolate at home.

Some people's defense of this idiot in chief is astounding.
    I'm not defending Trump though.  Just stating that I thought it was a good idea for them to be on the ship.  Amazing how Trump laways creeps into everything you do.  It must be quite maddening...

Someone posted that the crew is sick. That I did not know.  That changes it a bit then since the people could not very well fend for themselves.  I can change my mind after hearing more facts.
    Ummm, excuse me? Who the fuck is POTUS, currently? Everything I do? I’m washing my hands for 20 seconds minimum, using copious amounts of hand sanitizer and avoiding being in close contact with people, particularly if they’re coughing and/or sneezing. Would love to see Team Trump Treason actually become presidential but at this point, it’s never going to happen.
    Excuse you.  Yes,  all that you do is Trump Madness.  

Glad to see that you are finally washing your hands, too bad it took this for you to do what you should have been doing all along.
    All that I do? I cannot believe the level of excusing going on for an Administration as corrupt and incapable as this one. Just wait until the real disaster or crises hits. Or go speak with the residents of Puerto Rico, you know, those other Americans?

My life style, other than being more diligent than previously, hasn’t changed. Except Tempo’s my hero now.
    Awwww.  TY.

I'll be sure to make you proud!

Save the rest for the Trump thread.  Back on topic.

I was planning on seeing PJ in Germany this summer and if this craziness keeps up I would think that I won't be able to fly.  I haven't bought plane tix yet but don't want to shell out the extra to get refundable tix.  It is an extra cost that I feel is bullshit.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,288
    If it were any of you posting from that ship, you’d be screaming for the ACLU and complaining about illegal detention, particularly if you were a “citizen.” Think there’s still an open bar?
    I got chickenpox at the ripe age of 34.  I was all set to go on a plane across the country to a business function that was mandatory.

Had to cancel the trip because I had a highly contagious infection and didn't want to spread it knowingly so I stayed home.  Nobody dies from getting chicken pox that I've heard but I stayed home to stop the spread.

The people on that ship need to understand that them staying put helps stop the spread of something that can actually kill people.

It's an inconvenience, yes but it can also be life saving.
    I’m assuming you were home, which I’ll also assume is larger than 150-220 square feet, the average size of a cruise ship cabin? I’ll also assume you might not have shared your square footage with a spouse or travel companion and that you were also able to do the other vagaries of life, like pay your bills, care for your pets, maybe even cook and clean, take in the mail, water your plants?
    I was not on a ship, correct but I understand about taking one for the team so to speak.  Thanks for using my morale compass against me, nice touch.

I am not worried about contacting the virus should I get it, I'll survive, it's the other people that can't fight off the virus that I would be afraid for. It wouldn't sit well with me knowing I spread something that could potentially kill someone.
    I'd love for you to be posting from that ship as your attitude seems to be, "whats the big deal, I stayed home for a week." You were home. With chicken pox. Should I call you a hero for not flying? The bottom line is that the current US government is incapable of dealing with the situation and by now, they should have had a plan for docking, removing, testing and quarantining those passengers requiring it, whether at home or collectively. Canada seems ready and able to remove their citizens. Will Team Trump Treason prevent them from doing so because he doesn't want to look stupid?

You would only spread something if you disobeyed the direction of the medical personnel and went out and about on your daily routine. Are you advocating for those people who are self-isolating to be collectively held? Maybe under armed guard?
    Your last sentence grabbed me the most. Man you really go off the fucking rails sometimes...

I also said I’d be mad at them (govt) fornot having a plan. 

Should I not be mad then if I was placed in a hospital under quarantine or that’s acceptable?
    I'm not sure what you're worried about. From our very stable geniuses twitter:

So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!

You tell me? Personally, I'd rather be in a hospital knowing I'm getting medical care, if needed/required, rather than being stuck on a cruise ship with no end in site and no information about my immediate future, and worried about all the shit I have at home to deal with, you know, mortgage payments, car payments, utility bills, because I'm sure the Team Trump Treason Response Team has that part figured out too. Or, allow me to self-isolate at home.

Some people's defense of this idiot in chief is astounding.
    I'm not defending Trump though.  Just stating that I thought it was a good idea for them to be on the ship.  Amazing how Trump laways creeps into everything you do.  It must be quite maddening...

Someone posted that the crew is sick. That I did not know.  That changes it a bit then since the people could not very well fend for themselves.  I can change my mind after hearing more facts.
    Ummm, excuse me? Who the fuck is POTUS, currently? Everything I do? I’m washing my hands for 20 seconds minimum, using copious amounts of hand sanitizer and avoiding being in close contact with people, particularly if they’re coughing and/or sneezing. Would love to see Team Trump Treason actually become presidential but at this point, it’s never going to happen.
    Excuse you.  Yes,  all that you do is Trump Madness.  

Glad to see that you are finally washing your hands, too bad it took this for you to do what you should have been doing all along.
    All that I do? I cannot believe the level of excusing going on for an Administration as corrupt and incapable as this one. Just wait until the real disaster or crises hits. Or go speak with the residents of Puerto Rico, you know, those other Americans?

My life style, other than being more diligent than previously, hasn’t changed. Except Tempo’s my hero now.
    Awwww.  TY.

I'll be sure to make you proud!

Save the rest for the Trump thread.  Back on topic.

I was planning on seeing PJ in Germany this summer and if this craziness keeps up I would think that I won't be able to fly.  I haven't bought plane tix yet but don't want to shell out the extra to get refundable tix.  It is an extra cost that I feel is bullshit.
    Most airlines are applying those policies to any tier ticket. I would double check 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,316
    Kat said:
    The virus hitchhikes a ride...on people. I'm doing all I can to not give it a ride.
    Cuomo is on TV talking about it right now letting people know that they are overreacting.
    He also asked for a state of emergency over the weekend too...
    Which is really declaring a state of preparedness. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    Regarding my question, would you rather be mandatorily quarantined in a hospital or volunteer to self-isolate at home? @tempo_n_groove
    If given the choice who wouldn't want to self isolate?  I'm not sure why my answer would be any different than anyone else's?
    Here ya go @Halifax2TheMax
    Page said the county learned about the father-daughter dance on Sunday and officials told the man "to stay home or they will issue a formal quarantine that will require him and the rest of his family to stay home by the force of law."
    They were given a choice though, weren’t they? Would you have recommended they have been picked up and detained somewhere? You never answered my question regarding mandatory hospitalization or self-isolation. Again, if your ass was on the boat, I could only imagine your posts.

And to your bolded part, and people thought it was Obama setting up the involuntary detention camps. In a red state no less.
    I've been in situations before beyond my control and rode it out knowing that it was only temporary and things would go back to normal.  My 10 weeks in Iraq is a testament to that type of thinking.  I would be fine on that ship.

I didn't see you ask a question about hospitalization.  You mentioned wanting to be able to go to one but nothing about it being mandatory?  Re ask the question please.

Being court ordered to stay home to stop the spread of a virus during the incubation period IN YOUR OWN HOME, shouldn't be that hard to do.
    Does Coronavirus cure stupidity?
    Huh?
    Kat said:
    The virus hitchhikes a ride...on people. I'm doing all I can to not give it a ride.
    Cuomo is on TV talking about it right now letting people know that they are overreacting.
    He also asked for a state of emergency over the weekend too...
    Which is really declaring a state of preparedness. 
    He mentioned that.  The state can do much more on their own by not waiting for federal govt action.  
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,211
    Page said the county learned about the father-daughter dance on Sunday and officials told the man "to stay home or they will issue a formal quarantine that will require him and the rest of his family to stay home by the force of law."
    They were given a choice though, weren’t they? Would you have recommended they have been picked up and detained somewhere? You never answered my question regarding mandatory hospitalization or self-isolation. Again, if your ass was on the boat, I could only imagine your posts.

And to your bolded part, and people thought it was Obama setting up the involuntary detention camps. In a red state no less.
    I've been in situations before beyond my control and rode it out knowing that it was only temporary and things would go back to normal.  My 10 weeks in Iraq is a testament to that type of thinking.  I would be fine on that ship.

I didn't see you ask a question about hospitalization.  You mentioned wanting to be able to go to one but nothing about it being mandatory?  Re ask the question please.

Being court ordered to stay home to stop the spread of a virus during the incubation period IN YOUR OWN HOME, shouldn't be that hard to do.
    Huh?
    Regarding the idiot in Missouri going to the father/daughter dance. Then again, it’s a red state.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

Huh?
    Regarding the idiot in Missouri going to the father/daughter dance. Then again, it’s a red state.
    He wasn't too bright yes.  Something like that happened here in NY too.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,588
    Excellent piece by James Howard Kunstler today as relates to what may happen as a result of the virus and hit to the economy:

"We’re lucky for one thing: this crisis of advanced civilization is striking at the very start of the planting season. If you’re prudent, you can begin at once to organize serious gardening efforts, if you live in a part of the country where that is possible. I’d go heavy on the potatoes, cabbages, winter squashes, and beans, because they’re all keepers over winter. Baby chicks sell at the local ag stores for a few bucks each now and you’ll be very grateful for the eggs. Get a rooster — even though they can be a pain-in-the-ass — and you won’t have to buy any more chicks.

If you live in a part of the country where the terrain is rugged and well-watered — as I do — start scoping out local hydro sites that might potentially generate electricity or drive machinery directly from water power. We will probably need more of that. Around here many of those sites are signified by the ruins of decommissioned factories and hydro-stations from not much more than a century ago. They were originally built with a lot less machine power than we would use today, and a lot more power of men working in groups. We’ve forgotten how effective men can be working together with pretty simple tools. We were too busy devaluing men in recent decades for the sake of a moral crusade to erase “gender” differences. Well, that will be bygone so fast your head will spin.

The big cities won’t do well if supply chains stay down for a month or longer. This ought to be self-evident. If you have friends or relatives in places where food can be grown, or in the small towns favorably located near productive land and running water, maybe this is a good time to start negotiating some new arrangements and making a move, if you can. Nobody knows yet just how deeply the effects of corona virus will cut through daily life in the weeks ahead. The potential for disorder isn’t tiny, looking at the current situation, at least in terms of broken business relationships and the flow of vital goods. We’ve apparently entered the hunkering-in-place stage of the crisis. Be prepared for plenty of action when the hunkering ends and the hungering begins."

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,312
    Head of the port authority for NJ and NY has the virus.  That's no good. 
    brianlux said:
    Excellent piece by James Howard Kunstler today as relates to what may happen as a result of the virus and hit to the economy:

"We’re lucky for one thing: this crisis of advanced civilization is striking at the very start of the planting season. If you’re prudent, you can begin at once to organize serious gardening efforts, if you live in a part of the country where that is possible. I’d go heavy on the potatoes, cabbages, winter squashes, and beans, because they’re all keepers over winter. Baby chicks sell at the local ag stores for a few bucks each now and you’ll be very grateful for the eggs. Get a rooster — even though they can be a pain-in-the-ass — and you won’t have to buy any more chicks.

If you live in a part of the country where the terrain is rugged and well-watered — as I do — start scoping out local hydro sites that might potentially generate electricity or drive machinery directly from water power. We will probably need more of that. Around here many of those sites are signified by the ruins of decommissioned factories and hydro-stations from not much more than a century ago. They were originally built with a lot less machine power than we would use today, and a lot more power of men working in groups. We’ve forgotten how effective men can be working together with pretty simple tools. We were too busy devaluing men in recent decades for the sake of a moral crusade to erase “gender” differences. Well, that will be bygone so fast your head will spin.

The big cities won’t do well if supply chains stay down for a month or longer. This ought to be self-evident. If you have friends or relatives in places where food can be grown, or in the small towns favorably located near productive land and running water, maybe this is a good time to start negotiating some new arrangements and making a move, if you can. Nobody knows yet just how deeply the effects of corona virus will cut through daily life in the weeks ahead. The potential for disorder isn’t tiny, looking at the current situation, at least in terms of broken business relationships and the flow of vital goods. We’ve apparently entered the hunkering-in-place stage of the crisis. Be prepared for plenty of action when the hunkering ends and the hungering begins."

If shit hit the fan I'm heading east to where the rich people w acreage live.

They have deer and Turkey out there. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114

Huh?
    No detail too small that can't be turned into hacky partisan grenade launching
    This is pretty good if you're looking to check your symptoms and/or talk someone off the ledge

Huh?
    Disgusting. Is it ok to call someone an idiot if they believe in god? Or if they think they’re the opposite sex? Why is ok to completely trounce and abuse someone based on their political belief? The hypocrisy is insane and Dems like you are gonna screw us with another 4 years
    pjl44 said:

Huh?
    No detail too small that can't be turned into hacky partisan grenade launching
    Were you around during the Obama years? In fact, I’d be willing to bet that if you polled residents of red states that they’d agree with Team Trump Treason’s dismantlement and defunding of the Obama era cabinet level position that was created to address and respond to this type of issue. You know, given the power of prayer and warmer weather and all? And that it’s no big deal.

What’s your over/under on the number of votes Team Trump Treason receives in November?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    pjl44 said:
    This is pretty good if you're looking to check your symptoms and/or talk someone off the ledge

Anyone w a fever will most likely climb on to that ledge, lol.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,412
    yeah they make you think you will projectile vomit and diarrhea and bleed from your eyes

it's the flu 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    yeah they make you think you will projectile vomit and diarrhea and bleed from your eyes

it's the flu 
    Ebola ain't the corona virus, that is for sure!
    nicknyr15 said:

Huh?
    Disgusting. Is it ok to call someone an idiot if they believe in god? Or if they think they’re the opposite sex? Why is ok to completely trounce and abuse someone based on their political belief? The hypocrisy is insane and Dems like you are gonna screw us with another 4 years
    Because the “other side” holds up Nazi flags at a Bernie rally and believes “both sides are the same.” Where was your outrage when Donny jr. stated that dems want to see millions of people die in order to make his daddy look bad, never mind Team Trump Treason’s continuous assault on our democratic institutions like the press and judiciary? Spare me the “hypocrisy.”

Brilliantati©
    nicknyr15 said:

Huh?
    Because the “other side” holds up Nazi flags at a Bernie rally and believes “both sides are the same.” Where was your outrage when Donny jr. stated that dems want to see millions of people die in order to make his daddy look bad, never mind Team Trump Treason’s continuous assault on our democratic institutions like the press and judiciary? Spare me the “hypocrisy.”
    Can someone show me how to ignore another member? What a sad existence to post nothing but trump stuff on a Pearl Jam site. I feel sorry for you. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Huh?
    Can someone show me how to ignore another member? What a sad existence to post nothing but trump stuff on a Pearl Jam site. I feel sorry for you. 
    BSAB?

clip clop

How do your horseshoes fit?
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    Regarding my question, would you rather be mandatorily quarantined in a hospital or volunteer to self-isolate at home? @tempo_n_groove
    On this topic, I'll try to remember where I came across this, but there was an article talking about how there's no historical precedence for quarantine being an effective control mechanism for a pandemic, but that there is historical precedence for isolation being an effective control mechanism. The major difference is that isolation would only contain sick people, whereas quarantine contains a mix. I'm curious to re-read that framed specifically around these cruise ship disasters.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    Can you imagine the logistics of taking a week off for a cruise and then being detained for a month?  How many employers would put up with someone being gone a month?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    pjl44 said:

Anyone w a fever will most likely climb on to that ledge, lol.
    Oh, I imagine most ledges are pretty crowded right now! It's interesting that, other than having been in a high risk part of the world, shortness of breath is the one distinct red flag.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Huh?
    Its a post on a political forum where Trump is very much a part of the coronavirus in america story due to his incompetence and narcissism.

I don't see that as sad at all. It's awareness.
    Can you imagine the logistics of taking a week off for a cruise and then being detained for a month?  How many employers would put up with someone being gone a month?
    14 days I thought for detaining?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

it's the flu 
    The myth that this is the flu has been talked about on this thread at length.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,469
    Now the news says in the next 10 days anyone with even cold  symptoms will have to self isolate. Thats gonna be lots of people all the  kids at nursery are forever snotty. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    dignin said:

it's the flu 
    The myth that this is the flu has been talked about on this thread at length.
    for all intents and purposes it's the goddamn flu

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    nicknyr15 said:

Huh?
    The fact that a truly stupid person decided to take a quarantine instruction as a suggestion and endangered others, is not a product of anything other than a truly stupid person's reckless decision. I think it's a pretty safe assumption that stupid people exist in most population cross-sections (Red, Blue, or Purple states), so I agree with you about calling this what it is - a stupid person, not a stupid State.

In terms of the "trounce and abuse someone based on their political belief", let's not pretend cheap shots rife with hypocrisies, exaggerations, and intentional context omissions, haven't been thrown in both directions. I'll let someone else pick up the inevitable fight over "who is worse/how much/why it's justifiable" because I don't care, but I agree that these subtle jabs do no one any favours.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
This discussion has been closed.