Options

[[MEGATHREAD]]: Dance of The Clairvoyants [NEW SINGLE] - Opinions, first impressions, reviews...

Comments

• Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    drummer1 said:
    As of yet I’ve not found words accurate enough to describe how intensely and deeply I already love this song. I am blow over by this display of technical musicianship and true artistry. These guys have always been a source of inspiration for me and hearing this has only increased my connection to their music. They are so brave, you guys. I love how they put themselves out there with this song. I think we have something very special on the way with Giga. I’m so ready. 
    The nice thing about this place is that others on here can say it so much better sometimes than you can yourself. Well said. I  feel exactly the same. 

I rest my case about this song. 
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    Im the  same
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,250
    molecule said:
    What songs from Talking Heads and Bowie do people hear or relate to? Would like to check them out.
    There are pieces and parts mixed through out, but I would suggest Psycho Killer, Found a Job or Pulled Up from TH.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    tbergs said:
    molecule said:
    What songs from Talking Heads and Bowie do people hear or relate to? Would like to check them out.
    There are pieces and parts mixed through out, but I would suggest Psycho Killer, Found a Job or Pulled Up from TH.
    Thanks @tbergs. Will check those out.
    🤙
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 750
    molecule said:

I'm hearing Bowie's Ashes To Ashes in the outro vocals.   Specifically the "My mother said, to get things done
    You'd better not mess with Major Tom" part....

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    Wow. Black Circle makes me get the song even more.
    Me too. can't wait to hear this song live
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JJ42005JJ42005 Posts: 119
    THIS..
    Excited to hear what the boys do with it live now...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    edited January 2020
    EarlWelsh said:
    TR136913 said:
    PJ is taking itself too seriously. I'm guessing they listened to the Beatle's White album, dropped some acid and then wrote and performed this song. It is self indulgent and over produced. Go back to the basics boys. That is what got you here. All of the PJ fans falling all over themselves is to be expected. But what do you expect from a bunch of lemmings. Let's hope the rest of the album does not follow suit with the waste of time that is DofC. 
    (To be read in Shatner’s Captain Kirk voice)

When has....Pearl Jam....not released....music that sounds serious or....is to be taken....seriously?

Ahh, anyway. Silly fucking comment ya got there, guy.
    They’re at their worst when they’re trying to downplay  the seriousness. 
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    My friend sent me a screen shot of apple lyrics with it saying "fire things" instead of "file things." Has this been updated?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    I never heard of that Black Circle band before. But I think I like their cover version better. The guitar instead of the keys made a big difference to me. I tried finding that band online and didn't see anything other than more videos posted. Do they do live cover shows?
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,535
    My friend sent me a screen shot of apple lyrics with it saying "fire things" instead of "file things." Has this been updated?
    Still hear ''file things''..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    Cant tell you how much I really really really dig this song.  Have not had a song hit me this quickly before right out of the gate. 

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited January 2020
    23scidoo said:
    Still hear ''file things''..
    Me too. I think file things makes more sense than fire things at this point too. Girls are dancing away the problem, men are being assholes, putting a band aid on it and filing it away to deal with it down the road...

Fire sounds cooler though
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,036
    edited January 2020
    I hear fire things and makes much more sence  in the context.  Why would only boys file things? Boys and guns i get. It defo must be

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    TR136913 said:
    PJ is taking itself too seriously. I'm guessing they listened to the Beatle's White album, dropped some acid and then wrote and performed this song. It is self indulgent and over produced. Go back to the basics boys. That is what got you here. All of the PJ fans falling all over themselves is to be expected. But what do you expect from a bunch of lemmings. Let's hope the rest of the album does not follow suit with the waste of time that is DofC. 
    Aww, someone didn't get tickets :(
  • Options
    LeleRMLeleRM In My Tree Posts: 16
    Best single since NAIS can't wait to hear It live
    Rome 07/07/1993 - Rome 11/12/1996 - Milan 06/22/2000 - Bologna 09/14/2006 - Verona 09/16/2006 - Milan 09/17/2006 - Pistoia 09/20/2006 - Zagreb 09/26/2006 - Venice 06/15/2007 - Nijmegen 06/28/2007 - Werchter 06/2972007 - Rotterdam 08/13/2009 - Berlin 08/15/2009 - Arras 07/03/2010 - Werchter 07/04/2010 - Venice 07/06/2010 - Stockholm 07/07/2012 - Oslo 07/09/2012 - Milan 06/20/2014...
    EV: Florence 24/06/2017
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,153
    TR136913 said:
    Aww, someone didn't get tickets :(
    If it’s 10 songs like this, I’ll be dancing with the elated.

We’ve had endure ten years of bitching about albums 6 thru 10. Those albums are god like compared to 11. So far. 
  • Options
    TR136913 said:
    Dude, they don’t care what you think
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Me too. can't wait to hear this song live
    Same....I'm really hoping PJ uses guitar rather than keys just like BC did.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    TR136913 said:
    I'm guessing you weren't around in the lightning bolt years, were you?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,079
    TR136913 said:
    Cool.  You dont like it.  Move on.  Why shit on people that are loving it?
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 930
    I've friends of mine saying they love this song. Non pj fans. I think its excellent.  Eddie is off the charts with the lyrics.  Yet again. Hes some way with words 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    TR136913 said:
    I love it - Some of these comments are reminiscent of the "Who You Are" vitriol back in '96. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    TR136913 said:
    I love it - Some of these comments are reminiscent of the "Who You Are" vitriol back in '96. 
    I'm sure. i had no pc or internets back then. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    TR136913 said:
    I'm sure. i had no pc or internets back then. 
    I didn't either - I was referring to DJ's on the radio - who played "Habit" by announcing "We've got another new Pearl Jam song - and this one ROCKS!"  or what I'd hear from some of my friends at the time. 
  • Options
    Got a PJ Harvey drum and base going. Totally dig it. 
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side
    I am right by your side...
  • Options

The Talking Heads called, they want their music back. 

• Options
    Related image
  • Options
    TR136913 said:

The Even Bros called, they want their posting style back. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,828
    TR136913 said:

The Even Bros called, they want their posting style back. 
    Ha