Options

[[MEGATHREAD]]: Dance of The Clairvoyants [NEW SINGLE] - Opinions, first impressions, reviews...

Comments

• Options
    Didn't like it after first listen but its growing on me after a few more
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did you notice Mike's comment on Twitter? :smile:

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,804
    Kat said:
    nicknyr15 said:

No I didn’t! Please share. I don’t have Twitter. 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/rRlseVQSJQY

Someone posted this in another thread. Seems these guys did a pretty kick ass job of translating live. 

smiths24 said:
    Uncle Snuffy said: 
    I give them an “A” for trying something different.  I give them a “C” for execution.

I’d prefer the synth sound in the first ~20-25 seconds be removed and then remove the last ~25-30 seconds of the song to shorten/tighten it up so I don’t lose interest.  

It will be interesting to hear how it sounds when performed live.  

I'm wondering the same thing. All I can picture is how smoothly Radiohead makes this sound work in studio and concert. But this is how they have always made music (for most part). I'm just having a hard time seeing how this song will be smoothly played or transitioned to live. Guess I only have a few more months to find out. 

Great version
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    nicknyr15 said:
    Kat said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I don’t either and can still read it. It’s not private 
  • Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,075
    nicknyr15 said:
    Kat said:
    nicknyr15 said:

He replied to Black Circles cover 
    “wow!  Impressive!” - McCready
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    nicknyr15 said:
    jesus h christ. how did they manage to sound EXACTLY like the band in such a short time?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
  • Options
    Thanks @Kat!!! That’s so awesome 
  • Options
    That's  why  we love this band.!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I just knew deep down that somebody from the band would acknowledge that cover. 
  • Options
    Damn, that cover is incredible!  Everybody's pretty much spot on, but the singer's voice is amazing, bravo!
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    Really dig the music but not relating to the lyrics. Chorus is not my favorite. I really hope this album isn’t their Me. Roboto 
  • Options
    Listening to Stones interview where he said DoC is the outer edge or something like that really makes me think there won’t be too many like this on album if any at all. He says there will be “some straight rock songs” “some ballads”. A good variety as he says. Super pumped!!
  • Options
    Liked the music more than Ed’s vocals. The dad growl in the beginning was, meh. Thought I heard a line about boys take pills for their dicks lol. Was grooving at the end though.....
    Me too was grooving until the chorus. Then it was like someone knocked over the DJS turn tables and the dancing stopped. 
  • Options
    Justin538 said:
    I have never waited so long to be punched in the face. What on earth was that!? It wasn’t music! 
    Lol. It’s kind of like the Chicago Bears football season this year. The bears were all hyped and expected to be great then meh. 
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    Thanks for sharing. Even more excited to hear the album now. 

Just love the first single-the more I listen to it!
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    The new single is great. Eddie's voice is as strong as ever. I love the new direction. It was time to mix it up a bit!!!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    MedozK said:
    Listened a few more times. Like the music, just can't get with the vocals. Maybe its just the aging voice, but again... the song is ok.
    Definitely will not become my new go to PJ song on my playlists.
    Kinda sad how his vocals sound. He got away with it somewhat on LB but when his voice sounds like this in the studio you know it's lost a lot of it's punch. Age and smoking will do that to do. Obviously he still sounds great but it's not what it used to be. 
    His voice has more or less sounded like this since Backspacer. At least here it seems like he knows his limitations. He obviously has lost some off the top of his vocal register, but that's expected at this point. His voice has changed from album to album since the beginning and he's had to constantly adapt it.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    I m well known among my circle of friends to love Pearl Jam. There are many that despise pj and have made fun of me for years.  Dude who absolutely hate pj texts me today and says, “mike I cant believe I m saying this but I totally love Pearl Jam s new song.” Wtf?! Lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I m well known among my circle of friends to love Pearl Jam. There are many that despise pj and have made fun of me for years.  Dude who absolutely hate pj texts me today and says, “mike I cant believe I m saying this but I totally love Pearl Jam s new song.” Wtf?! Lol
    I'm expecting to get lot of that from my group that also makes fun of me for being a loyal pearl jam fan
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    I get "mocked/picked on/made fun of/singled out" by all my friends for being The Pearl Jam Guy.  They all think I only ever listen to Pearl Jam and nothing else.  What cracks me the hell up about this is - aside from being totally wrong on that front -  they all chase the same fucking bluegrass bands at the same fucking festivals year after year after year and never listen to nor go see ANYTHING live except for bluegrass shows.  They never shut the fuck up about fucking bluegrass.  If you try to change the subject or move the conversation to another genre, they just ignore you and continue talking about bluefuckingrass. All. The. Time.
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    I get "mocked/picked on/made fun of/singled out" by all my friends for being The Pearl Jam Guy.  They all think I only ever listen to Pearl Jam and nothing else.  What cracks me the hell up about this is - aside from being totally wrong on that front -  they all chase the same fucking bluegrass bands at the same fucking festivals year after year after year and never listen to nor go see ANYTHING live except for bluegrass shows.  They never shut the fuck up about fucking bluegrass.  If you try to change the subject or move the conversation to another genre, they just ignore you and continue talking about bluefuckingrass. All. The. Time.
    Are you me? Lol. What's funny is that while I constantly get mocked for being the "Pearl Jam Guy", I have literally never even attempted to play them around anyone aside from folks who seem majorly interested. All my friends know about my fandom is the fact that I occasionally skip town to go to a show or two with my pops.
  • Options
    try showing them Billy Strings' cover of In Hiding...bluegrass meets Pearl Jam
    you're god and you've got big hands
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 926
    AlaG said:
    Are you me? Lol. What's funny is that while I constantly get mocked for being the "Pearl Jam Guy", I have literally never even attempted to play them around anyone aside from folks who seem majorly interested. All my friends know about my fandom is the fact that I occasionally skip town to go to a show or two with my pops.
    haha, that's me too, I'm the pj guy in my group of friends. Everyone thinks I'm a weirdo, but they go to every effin dumb ass county show that comes to town and listens to it constantly! At least my band has a soul!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    try showing them Billy Strings' cover of In Hiding...bluegrass meets Pearl Jam
    They're the ones that showed me that.  I'm pretty sure they're all Billy Strings groupies at this point.
  • Options
    me too. it was even mentioned a few times at my wedding. last summer, a bunch of us sitting around drinking, I just shouted out randomly  "PEARL JAM SUCKS" and there was honestly, literally, a massive gasp from everyone in attendance. 

it was fucking funny in how stupid it was. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    nicknyr15 said:
    jesus h christ. how did they manage to sound EXACTLY like the band in such a short time?
    No kidding.  That's some talent.  
    hippiemom = goodness