Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Kevinman said:
    Question:  if you selected BA did it check GA and Res?

If so, this is the same as 1st priority GA 2nd priority Res.

Lottery works as follows:

2 Hats first round:  GA and BA in 1 hat.  Res in separate hat2.

Hat 1: Names are drawn out of GA and BA until seats are full.  If you had GA selected and name not drawn...you are out.  If you had BA selected you stay in this hat for second round.

Hat2:  Res names are drawn until full or out of names.  If there are seats still left after all Res names are drawn, the remaining names from Hat 1(BA) are drawn until full or out of names.

if still seats are available then people with this show as 2nd choice are drawn.

The only thing I’m unsure of is if someone had 2 shows selected Res only.  This was their 2nd choice, do they enter with BA hat 2nd drawing of hat1 or only picked after BA all picked.

How do you know? Stop spreading speculation as fact
    Believe what you want....this is pretty much how it worked in the past.  Read the whole comment, “if so” usually is not typical in a factual statement but more of a hypothesis. 
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    rider10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    rider10 said:
    I've already said it in other threads but I requested only for reserved seats in STL and got declined. Other people have pointed out that people with that show as their second choice got tickets though. I'm disappointed but mostly confused by what happened.
    Write and call 10c and keep writing and calling until they give you an actual explanation. That shouldn't have happened to anyone. Hope you make it into the show.
    I appreciate it. I've never worked with 10 club customer service before. Obviously I don't expect that they can fix my ticket situation but are they generally pretty helpful and response to inquiries like this?
    I agree with Jimmy. If I were in your position, I'd be persistent until someone explained to me what I did wrong or how the mistake happened. Based on other posts, one selection of Reserved STL should have netted you tickets. I would reach out to both TicketsToday/Ticketmaster and Ten Club. "Demand exceeded supply" does not explain your situation. 
  • You lost you lost, you won you won. Move on. It’s not the end of the world. 
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,347
    Kevinman said:

Hat 1: Names are drawn out of GA and BA until seats are full.  If you had GA selected and name not drawn...you are out.  If you had BA selected you stay in this hat for second round.

Hat2:  Res names are drawn until full or out of names.  If there are seats still left after all Res names are drawn, the remaining names from Hat 1(BA) are drawn until full or out of names.

if still seats are available then people with this show as 2nd choice are drawn.

The only thing I’m unsure of is if someone had 2 shows selected Res only.  This was their 2nd choice, do they enter with BA hat 2nd drawing of hat1 or only picked after BA all picked.

There is only one hat
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
    Kevinman said:

I see you’ve only been a member since 2016 so maybe you don’t know how lotteries worked in the past...but that is a pretty accurate description of how it worked in past.  10C should have explained this further for newer members.  I’m not trying to argue, just trying to help people understand the process.  Like others have said, BA only caused confusion and misinterpretation.  It was a bad idea or not explained well enough.  
    Not 100% sure but I understood BA as a shortcut so you could check just 1 box instead of having to check GA then Res.  If you clicked BA it would simply check both boxes for you.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    CO278952 said:
    Kevinman said:

There is only one hat
    Wrong

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Kevinman said:
    Kevinman said:

I see you’ve only been a member since 2016 so maybe you don’t know how lotteries worked in the past...but that is a pretty accurate description of how it worked in past.  10C should have explained this further for newer members.  I’m not trying to argue, just trying to help people understand the process.  Like others have said, BA only caused confusion and misinterpretation.  It was a bad idea or not explained well enough.  
    Not 100% sure but I understood BA as a shortcut so you could check just 1 box instead of having to check GA then Res.  If you clicked BA it would simply check both boxes for you.
    Yes, but best available as an option fundamentally changes things. In the past, people were forced to prioritize GA/RES. You may well be right, but simply pointing to past practice isn't especially convincing in this case. 
  • Kevinman said:
    Kevinman said:

I rejoined in 2016, was a member before as well. I am very familiar with how lotteries have worked in the past, including the 2016 and 2018 lotteries.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    Kevinman said:
    Kevinman said:

How it worked in the past is not how it worked this time. The vast majority of people understood this. It's ok if you didn't, but why constantly argue with people about it?
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,347
    Kevinman said:
    CO278952 said:
    Kevinman said:

There is only one hat
    Wrong
    just trying to help you out. Not sure what you are talking about. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    How the drawing worked in the past is irrelevant. The BA option necessitated there be one hat with all 1st priority to start.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    How the drawing worked in the past is irrelevant. The BA option necessitated there be one hat with all 1st priority to start.
    I'm actually thinking they still drew GA first from the pool of GA and BA entries, sent initial notifications when that finished, then did the same for Reserved from the Reserved/BA entries. Processing all by priority
    JimmyV said:
    I'm actually thinking they still drew GA first from the pool of GA and BA entries, sent initial notifications when that finished, then did the same for Reserved from the Reserved/BA entries. Processing all by priority
    None of us know for sure (I assume: if someone does, just settle the question!), but I think JimmyV describes how it should work (imho) and Newfie describes how it did work (though that's based on less than overwhelming evidence). 
  • ecdanc said:
    JimmyV said:
    None of us know for sure (I assume: if someone does, just settle the question!), but I think JimmyV describes how it should work (imho) and Newfie describes how it did work (though that's based on less than overwhelming evidence). 

I'm guessing this as almost all the GA only winners seemed to get their notifications in the initial set of emails. But I'm just speculating. (But this would be consistent with the draws for 2016/2018 as far as the order of the drawing)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    JimmyV said:
    I guess that is possible too. It seems like an extra, unnecessary step though.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    ecdanc said:
    JimmyV said:

I'm guessing this as almost all the GA only winners seemed to get their notifications in the initial set of emails. But I'm just speculating. (But this would be consistent with the draws for 2016/2018 as far as the order of the drawing)
    That's exactly why I'm inclined to believe you're right (the timing of emails as reported here). Isn't how I would do things, but yeah. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    edited January 2020
    tubes10s said:
    Just my opinion, but this is how I see this lottery system working with the descriptions we were all given before we all made our selections:

All 1st Priority BA, 1st Priority GA-only, and 1st Priority Reserved-only names are thrown into the pool.  Names are drawn.  Names drawn with BA as their choice get GA until GA tickets are gone, and then names drawn with BA as their choice get Reserved tickets.  Names drawn with GA-only get GA tickets when they get picked as long as there are GA tickets remaining.  Names drawn with Reserved-only get Reserved tickets when they get picked as long as there are Reserved tickets remaining.  This continues until all tickets are gone.  If all 1st Priority names are drawn and there are still tickets left, then repeat this process with 2nd Priority, etc.  

I tend to believe that this is how it worked... or is at least this is how it was intended to work based on the emails we received before signing up for tickets.  To think that Reserved-only or GA-only were going to give precedence over BA in any scenario at all just doesn't make sense.  Choosing BA says "just get me in the building."  It gives you access to 100% of the available tickets.  Every ticket in the building is the Best Available at some point in the process.  Choosing GA-only or Reserved-only is of course going to lower your chances compared to BA.  Those choices give you access to some percentage LESS THAN 100% of the available tickets.  

If this were accurate, then all tickets would be BA and Tenclub wouldn't bother with GA or Reserved options. You are still giving BA two chances at tickets to one chance for those who requested Reserved, and even those who requested GA! That is inherently unfair. There would be no GA tickets for those who requested GA, which would be kind of odd. This is not at all how it was intended to work, and there is nothing in the emails that says or implies that this would be the case.     

Wrong. Each member gets their number randomly drawn ONCE. Why is this becoming a challenging concept?

When BA gets drawn, the available inventory of tickets is slightly larger than RES, but that has ZERO impact on the chances BA has to get into a show. Because if that random draw is after RES sells outs, then the fan loses whether they picked BA or reserved.

ONCE. ONE draw for all applicants 

edit, ONCE per round. 
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
    tubes10s said:
    Just my opinion, but this is how I see this lottery system working with the descriptions we were all given before we all made our selections:

All 1st Priority BA, 1st Priority GA-only, and 1st Priority Reserved-only names are thrown into the pool.  Names are drawn.  Names drawn with BA as their choice get GA until GA tickets are gone, and then names drawn with BA as their choice get Reserved tickets.  Names drawn with GA-only get GA tickets when they get picked as long as there are GA tickets remaining.  Names drawn with Reserved-only get Reserved tickets when they get picked as long as there are Reserved tickets remaining.  This continues until all tickets are gone.  If all 1st Priority names are drawn and there are still tickets left, then repeat this process with 2nd Priority, etc.  

I tend to believe that this is how it worked... or is at least this is how it was intended to work based on the emails we received before signing up for tickets.  To think that Reserved-only or GA-only were going to give precedence over BA in any scenario at all just doesn't make sense.  Choosing BA says "just get me in the building."  It gives you access to 100% of the available tickets.  Every ticket in the building is the Best Available at some point in the process.  Choosing GA-only or Reserved-only is of course going to lower your chances compared to BA.  Those choices give you access to some percentage LESS THAN 100% of the available tickets.  

If this were accurate, then all tickets would be BA and Tenclub wouldn't bother with GA or Reserved options. You are still giving BA two chances at tickets to one chance for those who requested Reserved, and even those who requested GA! That is inherently unfair. There would be no GA tickets for those who requested GA, which would be kind of odd. This is not at all how it was intended to work, and there is nothing in the emails that says or implies that this would be the case.     

Wrong. Each member gets their number randomly drawn ONCE. Why is this becoming a challenging concept?

When BA gets drawn, the available inventory of tickets is slightly larger than RES, but that has ZERO impact on the chances BA has to get into a show. Because if that random draw is after RES sells outs, then the fan loses whether they picked BA or reserved.

ONCE. ONE draw for all applicants 
    Yes, this sounds completely reasonable. I don't find the concept challenging; in fact, I've said that's how I would do things. Do you know--without any doubt--this is how they did things? If so, thank you (for settling the question)!. If not....
    myoung321 said:
    Definitely not a “fair” process. When the odds are 99% for reserved tickets for most shows, and there are this many upset 10c members, it’s obvious they (Ticketmaster and 10c) messed up. What a shame. 
    Just because the odds were 99% when entered does not mean it stayed at 99% - a majority were much much lower as the lottery ended.

3 hours before lottery ended MSG - TOR - BAL were like 60% Res & 10% GA 
    Not even close to true.

Those look close to the reported odds at the end of the registration. Do you have evidence otherwise?
    Kevinman said:

No, there were no hats.

every member’s number was drawn ONCE per round. I’m one of the densest members on this forum and even I get that.

its becoming fairly easy to understand why the current occupant at 1600 PA Ave is who it is.
    JimmyV said:
    Sounds like a reasonable scenario.  I just don’t think it was 1 draw with everyone together.  Doesn’t make sense.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Kevinman said:

No, there were no hats.

every member’s number was drawn ONCE per round. I’m one of the densest members on this forum and even I get that.

its becoming fairly easy to understand why the current occupant at 1600 PA Ave is who it is.
    I'm really confused how you're so confident about this. Do you have inside information? Or do you just find the two-hat theory so ridiculous that you're dismissing it out of hand?
    ecdanc said:
    Kevinman said:

No, there were no hats.

I'm really confused how you're so confident about this. Do you have inside information? Or do you just find the two-hat theory so ridiculous that you're dismissing it out of hand?

Step 6. If you selected 2 or more shows, you can prioritize your shows by dragging and dropping them into the order you wish.”

They are prioritizing by show. They said they are drawing by show, not by ticket category. Where on any ten club 2020 literature does it state there is an separate independent draw for each ticket category for each round for each show?
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    This isn't complicated, guys.

Here's how I suspect they did it based on it being straightforward and aligning with everything they've shared about the process.

1. Filter on just the applicants for the show being drawn, in first priority
    2. Pick a name. 
    3. Check their preference
    4a. If they requested GA, check if there are GA available. Deplete the inventory if necessary, and notify on win/loss.
    4b. If they requested Best Available, check if there are GA available. If not, check if there are Reserved available. Deplete the inventory if necessary, and notify on win/loss.
    4c. If they requested Reserved, check if there are Reserved available. Deplete the inventory if necessary, and notify on win/loss.
    5. Once all entries have been processed to either win/loss within the priority, repeat the exercise with the next priority
    6. Once all entries for the show have been processed to either win/loss, move on to the next one (hence why the email alerts came one show at a time)

Technically, once they knew a show was fully allocated, they could've also stopped lottery-ing for that show and send loss notices to everyone after too. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    ecdanc said:
    Kevinman said:

No, there were no hats.

“ Step 6. If you selected 2 or more shows, you can prioritize your shows by dragging and dropping them into the order you wish.”

They are prioritizing by show. They said they are drawing by show, not by ticket category. Where on any ten club 2020 literature does it state there is an separate independent draw for each ticket category for each round for each show?
    I'm typically on board with your posts and, as I've said repeatedly, I hope they did it the way you describe. But the step-6 language doesn't unequivocally confirm your position. I don't find it difficult at all to reconcile that language with the two-hat theory. 
    Kevinman said:

No, there were no hats.

One of the densest members has figured it all out...close the thread.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Kevinman said:

No, there were no hats.

“ Step 6. If you selected 2 or more shows, you can prioritize your shows by dragging and dropping them into the order you wish.”

I'm typically on board with your posts and, as I've said repeatedly, I hope they did it the way you describe. But the step-6 language doesn't unequivocally confirm your position. I don't find it difficult at all to reconcile that language with the two-hat theory. 
    You aren’t going to get an official statement that has been notarized. Better start believing something or this conversation will continue until we are doing this again for the fall. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • dutz054dutz054 Posts: 72
    You lost you lost, you won you won. Move on. It’s not the end of the world. 
    This 
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Kevinman said:

No, there were no hats.

You aren’t going to get an official statement that has been notarized. Better start believing something or this conversation will continue until we are doing this again for the fall. 
    I mean, that's sort of my point: we don't actually now; either is possible. I'm just confused by the self-assuredness that is now prompting insults. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    edited January 2020
    BA did not give you 2 chances and Reserved only 1.
    You have 1 chance for your name to be drawn. If you selected GA only and it’s not available then you don’t get tickets. If you selected BA and GA is not available, you get placed in reserved. Your name only had 1 chance to be drawn. That’s what Best Available means, you’ll take whatever seats are best when your time comes, not putting your name in the hat twice.
    Post edited by mace1229 on