Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    kramer73 said:
    andrew68 said:
    0-4 as well

explanation is we DID NOT WIN the lottery .....such is life 
    That's about it.  Nothing is a guarantee.  
    Except going 0 for 4 with 99% chance of success for each. But Andrew did not say if the picks were RES.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    His were GA.
    pjl44 said:
    Since it seems we have to post this every 5 pages or so:

The potential issues being reported have nothing to do with the odds. Even if a given show was really at 25% instead of 99%, it wouldn't explain someone getting in with their 4th pick and someone else losing with their 1st.

The symptom of an odds issue would be 30-40 people getting declined for a show that was at 99%.

Weren't alot of Oak fans lamenting about not getting into a 99% show?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    pjl44 said:

The potential issues being reported have nothing to do with the odds. Even if a given show was really at 25% instead of 99%, it wouldn't explain someone getting in with their 4th pick and someone else losing with their 1st.

The symptom of an odds issue would be 30-40 people getting declined for a show that was at 99%.

You're looking at one variable and ignoring the other, which is people with lower priorities than them getting in. Thus, something else is going on.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    Poncier said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    jefft said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    I would just like to say that the funniest, most ironic thing I read in this entire thread of some smart and some not so smart posts was the person who complained about being shut out despite entering properly for Toronto, Ottawa and MONTRÉAL.

Other than that, I would like to say the person who never heard of Timmies should have all Canadian tickets revoked :)
    Whoa whoa I m the guy who has never heard of timmies!!  To make up for my ignorance I shall try their coffee while in Quebec City and post a photo of it here as proof. 
    Let me save you the trouble and tell you not to try anything at Tim Hortons. :P
    Your not missing much.
    Well I was only kidding but I’ll be in QC and the first cup is on me if McGruff wants to give it a try! 
    So I have to try Tim Horton s and poutine

For the true Canadian experience, you have to mix them.

Poutine in a Timmie's coffee and chug it down at the pre-party.

Sounds delicious. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

• So Moses came back and said  he highly doubts it’s email related.

Fans will go to extreme lengths defending this ticket system, even accuse those losing out of lying. Anything to protect the golden goose. But this system is not defeating the scalping problem without a cost to the consumer. They are simply replacing that one problem with other problems.
    Because the simplest answer is usually the right one.

Think about it. Moses said his TM email was different and the ticket selection occurred in the TM site. Field auto-population happens a lot with browsers and on that site, it would have autoed the TM email. Or, if someone uses two emails a lot, it's easy to forget which is for what and it could be typed in incorrectly.

It's not a major fuck up, it's easy to do and just as easily could have happened to anyone. I'm not defending anything - just trying to be rational. Not a fan of major conspiracy theories without evidence, especially when everyone gets all riled up as a result.

Between here and Facebook, I've seen at least 20 cases where if you just peel back the layers a bit, the person either put in all GA or didn't follow the instructions, or resubmitted or didn't get a rejection email yet. I've yet to see one open and shut case of TM fuckery.
  • pjl44 said:

I had 3 entries in this order: Baltimore, Denver, MSG. Put in reserved for all & ADA for MSG since I’m planning to take my buddy who’s in a wheelchair. Was feeling good about Denver at 99% but didn’t get in. Me and my wife have never been there, last shows I’ve been to were in 2016 before our 2nd son was born, our 3rd is about 8 months so we said if I got the tix we’d make a nice 3 or 4 day getaway out of it. Not stressing about Denver, will just save some money on hotel/airfare now, but really had my hopes up for Baltimore and MSG and will have to take my chances with the public on sale depending on how those drawings go. I have no clue how these drawings will turn out now. 
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022

So Moses came back and said  he highly doubts it’s email related.

Fans will go to extreme lengths defending this ticket system, even accuse those losing out of lying. Anything to protect the golden goose. But this system is not defeating the scalping problem without a cost to the consumer. They are simply replacing that one problem with other problems.

Think about it. Moses said his TM email was different and the ticket selection occurred in the TM site. Field auto-population happens a lot with browsers and on that site, it would have autoed the TM email. Or, if someone uses two emails a lot, it's easy to forget which is for what and it could be typed in incorrectly.

It's not a major fuck up, it's easy to do and just as easily could have happened to anyone. I'm not defending anything - just trying to be rational. Not a fan of major conspiracy theories without evidence, especially when everyone gets all riled up as a result.

Between here and Facebook, I've seen at least 20 cases where if you just peel back the layers a bit, the person either put in all GA or didn't follow the instructions, or resubmitted or didn't get a rejection email yet. I've yet to see one open and shut case of TM fuckery.
    You are correct that everything has an explanation.  The Big Bang Theory tells us the universe came from nothing so everything and anything can happen.

I did everything correctly.  Have the email with my last set of picks.   I’ve won two of my five picks.   I received emails for both.  Phoenix is tomorrow and NYC is later today.   I have not received any notification on Oak 1 yet.    Numerous folks in this thread are in the same boat even though people have won with lower priorities.  We’ll find out.    
  • Jason7192Jason7192 Posts: 312
    pjl44 said:

Correct. Someone getting tix as their 4th priority while someone with their 2nd priority getting shut out is contradictory to the way 10c explains priority. If there are more seats than priority 1 entries, all priority 1 should get tix. Then they'd start filling priority 2 requests. If tix still remain after that, they'd move to priority 3, etc. Not much anyone can do about it now, but something does seem off.

• I did everything correctly.  Have the email with my last set of picks.   I’ve won two of my five picks.   I received emails for both.  Phoenix is tomorrow and NYC is later today.   I have not received any notification on Oak 1 yet.    Numerous folks in this thread are in the same boat even though people have won with lower priorities.  We’ll find out.    
    Yes, I understand that's the case. Shit should hit the fan hard if y'all get rejections. Until then though, we wait.
    edited January 2020
    Jason7192 said:
    pjl44 said:

Correct. Someone getting tix as their 4th priority while someone with their 2nd priority getting shut out is contradictory to the way 10c explains priority. If there are more seats than priority 1 entries, all priority 1 should get tix. Then they'd start filling priority 2 requests. If tix still remain after that, they'd move to priority 3, etc. Not much anyone can do about it now, but something does seem off.

If that happened to me, I would definitely need an explanation. Did I do something wrong or what? I'm hoping we ultimately see some of those responses from people. Especially if it turns out to be their error - sucks to admit, but it would put others' minds at ease.
  • CL93527CL93527 Posts: 25
    Jason7192 said:
    pjl44 said:

Jason7192 said:
    pjl44 said:

i got shut out of both LA shows reserved seating. My only picks at 1 & 2. I dont get it. Still crushed.
    CL93527 said:
    Jason7192 said:
    pjl44 said:

Jason7192 said:
    pjl44 said:

i got shut out of both LA shows reserved seating. My only picks at 1 & 2. I dont get it. Still crushed.
    I won LA2 with my third priority using best available.  Something is right.  
  • hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 198
    Apologies if this was already mentioned (I didn't read all 28 pages of the thread) but could a total shutout of a 99% show happen if the TicketMaster email on the account didn't match the TenClub email account?

I seem to remember that they have to match - hell, I had to open up a second (new) TM account just for this as my original TM and TC accounts did not match.
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    10 - Bristow
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore
    24 - Las Vegas (16th) / Las Vegas (18th) / Baltimore
  • CL93527 said:
    Did you get a confirmation email after entering the lottery? Did you receive rejection emails?
  • hadfiiw said:
    Apologies if this was already mentioned (I didn't read all 28 pages of the thread) but could a total shutout of a 99% show happen if the TicketMaster email on the account didn't match the TenClub email account?

I seem to remember that they have to match - hell, I had to open up a second (new) TM account just for this as my original TM and TC accounts did not match.
    That doesn't seem to be the problem, no. The email problem is if you entered in something other than your TC email on the ticket selection submission. The Presale code and TC email on Step 9 need to match up as TM would expect.
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    Sarava said:
    That was my mindset on submitting BA at the time, because I thought I'd be in the GA pool from the outset. And if I didn't get a GA ticket, then hopefully I'd score Reserved.
    I still think that's how they are doing it. Short of ten club chiming in here, we probably won't have a good idea of how it went down until tickets are revealed the week of January 27th.
    That’s how I took it. I assumed that (like in the past) they chose NAMES and looked at your request. 

If you chose GA and GA was full, you lose. If not,
    you won. 

If you chose BA and both GA and RS was open, you got GA. If GA was full and RS was open, you got RS. 

I don’t believe they fill up GA first and then move on to RS. I believe they select individual requests and fulfill GA and RS at the same time as they go. 
    This.  It's the Name they draw. Everyone has the same chance. It's a lottery some win, some don't. 
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 198
    hadfiiw said:

That doesn't seem to be the problem, no. The email problem is if you entered in something other than your TC email on the ticket selection submission. The Presale code and TC email on Step 9 need to match up as TM would expect.

If they don't match do you just get rejected before the lottery even starts?  Just curious how that works (if anybody knows).
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    10 - Bristow
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore
    24 - Las Vegas (16th) / Las Vegas (18th) / Baltimore
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    one can get a 4th or 5th priority over 1st-3rd pick with 99% odds is they are drawing in rounds and limited numbers each round from all the names.

For example:they put all who entered for the show and draw 1000 random names, of those 1000 names 750 have GA only, 750 GA only won. 2nd round draw another 1000 random names, whoever put in GA only wins and they awards BA also, now GA is gone.
    3rd round 1000 names BA and RES people are awarded regardless of priority.

just saying it's possible. No one has a lottery "figured out" me included,  the phrasing in the instructions is a guide and not iron clad, I think there is room for interpretation.  

The odds are are not real, statistically accurate odds.  They are a guide to illustrate the demand for any given show.

the only way everyone has an equal chance is if all the names that put in for a show are in the hat when they draw.

just trying to help explain the anomalies 
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,555
    mace1229 said:
    Bmyers said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    I love people getting bent out of shape over the value of a $20/year membership. I’ve seen people spend over $20 at Starbucks.

The ticket rejection pain is real.
    Again, I imagine your Starbucks membership usually gets you a Starbucks coffee..No?

10C memberships have not included guaranteed concert tickets for a long time. I honestly don't remember when they did. The issue here is not the 10C membership benefits, it's your expectations.
    Again, I ask.... what does your $20.00 membership get you? Nobody has answered that question.
    I can tell you this was a hell of a lot easier to answer back in the day when you got : priority seating at shows, annual (sometimes) 45"single, & a newsletter with original artwork. 

It gets you the opportunity to purchase tickets, annual bootleg codes, and better seating (as a result of a lower membership number) if you score reserved seating tickets.

If you've been a member for as long as you're implying, then the overall pool of 10C members has grown exponentially since you joined. The pool of people interested in getting tickets is significantly larger. In response to that reality, the band has chosen to extend the opportunity to secure tickets to as many people as possible. Hence, the lottery.

If you disagree with that direction by the band, then you should not renew your membership. It's been this way for a long time, and I doubt it's going to change.
    And as our kids and kids friends grow up and listen to more PJ they will start joining the 10C and it will water down the lottery making it harder and harder for everyone to get tickets. It sucks but it is what it is.

A lottery is a lottery, do these poeple go to the Virginia Lottery office and say I bought a ticket for the mega millions and i didn't win.. I'm going cry about it on your forum. 

Shit changes, times change i remember when you didn't have to pay to get your luggage on a plane, I mean WTF is that. Rules change so we have to change, maybe you should read,  Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson.

I don’t like these lottery analogies that keep coming up. Because according to the rules everyone was basically guaranteed tickets as long as they chose reserved or BA. They do have a complaint when some are getting 5th round picks and others getting denied for priority 1 and 2. Call it a lottery or whatever you want, but that shouldn’t happen.

Now I’m in the camp where I still believe something went wrong, with either their entry or CC that caused this. But that is just a guess at this point.

Ten Club Policies

- Tickets are limited and not guaranteed.

mace1229 said:
    Bmyers said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    I love people getting bent out of shape over the value of a $20/year membership. I’ve seen people spend over $20 at Starbucks.

Again, I imagine your Starbucks membership usually gets you a Starbucks coffee..No?

10C memberships have not included guaranteed concert tickets for a long time. I honestly don't remember when they did. The issue here is not the 10C membership benefits, it's your expectations.
    Again, I ask.... what does your $20.00 membership get you? Nobody has answered that question.
    I can tell you this was a hell of a lot easier to answer back in the day when you got : priority seating at shows, annual (sometimes) 45"single, & a newsletter with original artwork. 

It gets you the opportunity to purchase tickets, annual bootleg codes, and better seating (as a result of a lower membership number) if you score reserved seating tickets.

If you've been a member for as long as you're implying, then the overall pool of 10C members has grown exponentially since you joined. The pool of people interested in getting tickets is significantly larger. In response to that reality, the band has chosen to extend the opportunity to secure tickets to as many people as possible. Hence, the lottery.

If you disagree with that direction by the band, then you should not renew your membership. It's been this way for a long time, and I doubt it's going to change.
    And as our kids and kids friends grow up and listen to more PJ they will start joining the 10C and it will water down the lottery making it harder and harder for everyone to get tickets. It sucks but it is what it is.

A lottery is a lottery, do these poeple go to the Virginia Lottery office and say I bought a ticket for the mega millions and i didn't win.. I'm going cry about it on your forum. 

Shit changes, times change i remember when you didn't have to pay to get your luggage on a plane, I mean WTF is that. Rules change so we have to change, maybe you should read,  Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson.

I don’t like these lottery analogies that keep coming up. Because according to the rules everyone was basically guaranteed tickets as long as they chose reserved or BA. They do have a complaint when some are getting 5th round picks and others getting denied for priority 1 and 2. Call it a lottery or whatever you want, but that shouldn’t happen.

Now I’m in the camp where I still believe something went wrong, with either their entry or CC that caused this. But that is just a guess at this point.

Ten Club Policies

Then tell me what the fuck the odds are for?  
  • hadfiiw said:

Was it 99% odds at the time of the lottery request being submitted or at the time of the ticket draw?  Not that I am any expert on any of this, but I heard some people say that the percent chance for a lot of shows dropped dramatically the day of whereas it was 99% the first day you enter it 
    mace1229 said:

Bmyers said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

Ten Club Policies

You're missing his point to post up a "well akshually"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    hadfiiw said:

Was it 99% odds at the time of the lottery request being submitted or at the time of the ticket draw?  Not that I am any expert on any of this, but I heard some people say that the percent chance for a lot of shows dropped dramatically the day of whereas it was 99% the first day you enter it 
    According to the last seen % before it closed, all shows were 99% for seats except Baltimore and MSG.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mace1229 said:
    Bmyers said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

Ten Club Policies

Then tell me what the fuck the odds are for?  
    Fodder 
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Seems to me most that are complaining...
    1) put GA as only choice
    2) went in to change submission and messed up choices 
    3) here’s the big one...people are saying they got shut out when others got their choice at pick 4 or 5. Now most I’ve seen claiming this have NOT received rejection email. Hopefully it comes through for them. If it doesn’t then as someone else said that’s when the shit will hit the fan and prove something went wrong with the process. 
  • hadfiiw said:

According to the last seen % before it closed, all shows were 99% for seats except Baltimore and MSG.
    Thanks for the info, I didn't really pay too much attention for odds on mine for LA 1+2 so was not sure of the odds regarding changes over time
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    I’m guessing those that haven’t received a rejection letter from yesterday or before it means 1 of 2 things.
    They didn’t realize a new selection deleted the previous, so since they weren’t in the lottery no rejection was needed- some have already admitted to doing this.
    Or a CC processing email is coming. Someone said they spoke with TM and said they will be sending out CC processing error emails with an opportunity to fix (with the exception of lack of funds I assume).
    Maybe that’s why we won’t have seats for at least a week, give time to sort that out?
    Just my guess

So Moses came back and said  he highly doubts it’s email related.

I thought Moses said (really loving that's his user name BTW) he highly doubted it was email mismatch. But you are right, things like autofill and even autocorrect can make errors easier even for fans that triple check their entry

Another challenge is the major email apps encourage users to consolidate all emails into one inbox. I've always resisted that. I want to know exactly which account I am looking at.

So would a simple check for moses have been if the TM lotto entry email was received in the same email account as his 10c emails? Having a consolidated inbox could really hurt in this situation. 
  • I’m quite confident the seat location holdback has nothing to do with credit card corrections and everything to do with keeping people from trying to upgrade in the verified fan or public sale.

Question for the person who had LA as the only two choices and lost both:  did you put reserved, GA, or BA?

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023