Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan said:
     If you don’t draw ba in the pool with GA, their isn’t much point to having BA.
    The only point would be that it allows you the chance to enter the lottery for the same show twice, even if your Res odds are reduced. Otherwise, you're restricted to the single GA selection.
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    moses-i said:
    As to the question of whether I have an explanation for what happened the answer is no. The Ticketmaster Ten Club support gave me a canned response about how they tried to fulfill all requests and that tickets go on sale next Friday. Ten Club has not responded to my inquiry. 

I stopped posting in this thread because I was tired of the negativity. A lot of you have been great but from the minute I posted this I got "you picked all GA it's all your fault" or "well you probably made a mistake". Now ppl are making claims of lying. The only plausible explanation is the possibility that I didn't put in my 10 club email. I am a pretty meticulous guy and I highly doubt that I would have made this oversight but I promise all of you who keep saying that I can't be sure so that must be it that if you were in my shoes you would be second guessing yourself too. It's easy to say you followed the steps to T when you got all your picks.

My last word on this is even if I fucked up with the email it doesn't explain how some ppl fucked up with other steps (some have admitted that their full name was not on one account or another yet that would go against the rule about full names needing to match) yet they had no issues as I did. So it appears that some mistakes get a pass while others don't. The Ten Club has my full name linked to my account, personally I feel that would have been sufficient to clear up any discrepancies assuming a computer didn't process the tickets (and even then it could have matched up my names on the accounts). 

I'm over the whole thing, my intent was never to suggest a mass conspiracy I was simply upset and wanted answers and to vent especially since last time I had a similar thing happen to me. And just to be clear what happened was that last time I put in Toronto reserved as my first choice and got nothing but I did get ottawa GA for my 2nd choice. I knew other ppl got Toronto and several shows that time but since I got SOMETHING I  chalked it up to bad luck. This time I waited up until midnight and got shut out while others got all four Canada shows often with lower priority picks than me. I was gutted and barely slept a wink. The odds had me convinced that I was going and my wife and I were super excited all week. Truth be told I was most upset that I got my wife's hopes up. We have a 7 month baby boy that we love very much but as many of you know its exhausting and frustrating at times with your first child-these little getaway shows are a nice way to refresh and its nice to have something to look forward to when you are stuck at home (especially with Canadian winters). I'm not looking for sympathy or trying to give you a sob story (because it definitely is not...our son is a blessing and worth all the frustration, stress and monotony of our day to day lives). And now I'm rambling. My point is that I was excited. Probably more excited for a Pearl Jam show for a long time. And my wife definitely was too. I feel like I let her down. And having ppl blame me and say I am just "butthurt" makes it worse. 

Those of you who said kind things thank you. Those of you who make jokes and essentially say this is my own fault there are many things I would like to say but I won't. 

I have hope that I get tickets through the verified fan presale (but first I have to get chosen) or through some kind soul. Otherwise I am going to have some serious FOMO.

I'm done.

That sucks, man. I'm sorry. My wife and I have an 8 month old, so I'm right there on the exhaustion and frustration. Go hug your son, and we all will keep our fingers crossed that you can make it to some shows.  
  • Just got off the phone with a TM guy.  He pulled my account and said everything looked correct, lottery was entered correctly.  He also said they weren’t rejecting requests or entries if there was an email missing or a name missing/incorrect or a first or last name in the same box.  He just laughed and said that was being paranoid and they can figure that stuff out pretty easily.  He said if a card gets charged but there’s a credit card issue they don’t reject you, it isn’t gets set aside until they contact the card user.  He was surprised to hear that a lot of folks hadn’t gotten emails yet one way or another for LA or OAK, and had no idea that there was even a schedule posted about which shows they were doing lottery for when. Only could say that the process continues until tomorrow evening and if you haven’t gotten an email either way, don’t worry until Sunday night.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Someone has to win, no?
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Just got off the phone with a TM guy.  He pulled my account and said everything looked correct, lottery was entered correctly.  He also said they weren’t rejecting requests or entries if there was an email missing or a name missing/incorrect or a first or last name in the same box.  He just laughed and said that was being paranoid and they can figure that stuff out pretty easily.  He said if a card gets charged but there’s a credit card issue they don’t reject you, it isn’t gets set aside until they contact the card user.  He was surprised to hear that a lot of folks hadn’t gotten emails yet one way or another for LA or OAK, and had no idea that there was even a schedule posted about which shows they were doing lottery for when. Only could say that the process continues until tomorrow evening and if you haven’t gotten an email either way, don’t worry until Sunday night.

this person gets it..... get answers, stop complaining - maybe find a solution!!!!
  • True ... I was going on the premise that GA only was selected first. If there were fewer requests for the allotted GA, then BA would get some of those tickets. If GA only and BA are in the same pool, then there's really no reason to pick GA only, unless you are unwilling to have a Reserved seat.
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    True ... I was going on the premise that GA only was selected first. If there were fewer requests for the allotted GA, then BA would get some of those tickets. If GA only and BA are in the same pool, then there's really no reason to pick GA only, unless you are unwilling to have a Reserved seat.
    I approached this lottery assuming that picking GA only was for people who are GA or bust people, but that me selecting BA will give me the same chance at GA tickets as a GA only person. Maybe Santos will clarify this at some point.
  • agentpinckneyagentpinckney Posts: 267
    edited January 2020
    That was my mindset on submitting BA at the time, because I thought I'd be in the GA pool from the outset. And if I didn't get a GA ticket, then hopefully I'd score Reserved.
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    That was my mindset on submitting BA at the time, because I thought I'd be in the GA pool from the outset. And if I didn't get a GA ticket, then hopefully I'd score Reserved.
    I still think that's how they are doing it. Short of ten club chiming in here, we probably won't have a good idea of how it went down until tickets are revealed the week of January 27th.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816
    Sarava said:
    I still think that's how they are doing it. Short of ten club chiming in here, we probably won't have a good idea of how it went down until tickets are revealed the week of January 27th.
    And then the conversations will start about how the tickets are not the best seats in the house.  How is it possible that I am in the 30th row when the 3rd row in my section is on stubhub? So predictable.
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    Sarava said:
    That’s how I took it. I assumed that (like in the past) they chose NAMES and looked at your request. 

If you chose GA and GA was full, you lose. If not,
    you won. 

If you chose BA and both GA and RS was open, you got GA. If GA was full and RS was open, you got RS. 

I don’t believe they fill up GA first and then move on to RS. I believe they select individual requests and fulfill GA and RS at the same time as they go. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    Get_Right said:
    Sarava said:
    And then the conversations will start about how the tickets are not the best seats in the house.  How is it possible that I am in the 30th row when the 3rd row in my section is on stubhub? So predictable.
    They never claim to have the best seats in the house. The wording is clearly “some of the” best seats in the house. 

In order to accommodate more Ten Club members than ever before, please be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread further back than usual, and include some of the best seat locations in the house.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Just got off the phone with a TM guy.  He pulled my account and said everything looked correct, lottery was entered correctly.  He also said they weren’t rejecting requests or entries if there was an email missing or a name missing/incorrect or a first or last name in the same box.  He just laughed and said that was being paranoid and they can figure that stuff out pretty easily.  He said if a card gets charged but there’s a credit card issue they don’t reject you, it isn’t gets set aside until they contact the card user.  He was surprised to hear that a lot of folks hadn’t gotten emails yet one way or another for LA or OAK, and had no idea that there was even a schedule posted about which shows they were doing lottery for when. Only could say that the process continues until tomorrow evening and if you haven’t gotten an email either way, don’t worry until Sunday night.
    Thank you @RoleModelsinBlood31
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816
    Get_Right said:
    Sarava said:
    They never claim to have the best seats in the house. The wording is clearly “some of the” best seats in the house. 

In order to accommodate more Ten Club members than ever before, please be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread further back than usual, and include some of the best seat locations in the house.
    no kidding
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,535
    moses-i said:
    As to the question of whether I have an explanation for what happened the answer is no. The Ticketmaster Ten Club support gave me a canned response about how they tried to fulfill all requests and that tickets go on sale next Friday. Ten Club has not responded to my inquiry. 

I stopped posting in this thread because I was tired of the negativity. A lot of you have been great but from the minute I posted this I got "you picked all GA it's all your fault" or "well you probably made a mistake". Now ppl are making claims of lying. The only plausible explanation is the possibility that I didn't put in my 10 club email. I am a pretty meticulous guy and I highly doubt that I would have made this oversight but I promise all of you who keep saying that I can't be sure so that must be it that if you were in my shoes you would be second guessing yourself too. It's easy to say you followed the steps to T when you got all your picks.

My last word on this is even if I fucked up with the email it doesn't explain how some ppl fucked up with other steps (some have admitted that their full name was not on one account or another yet that would go against the rule about full names needing to match) yet they had no issues as I did. So it appears that some mistakes get a pass while others don't. The Ten Club has my full name linked to my account, personally I feel that would have been sufficient to clear up any discrepancies assuming a computer didn't process the tickets (and even then it could have matched up my names on the accounts). 

I'm over the whole thing, my intent was never to suggest a mass conspiracy I was simply upset and wanted answers and to vent especially since last time I had a similar thing happen to me. And just to be clear what happened was that last time I put in Toronto reserved as my first choice and got nothing but I did get ottawa GA for my 2nd choice. I knew other ppl got Toronto and several shows that time but since I got SOMETHING I  chalked it up to bad luck. This time I waited up until midnight and got shut out while others got all four Canada shows often with lower priority picks than me. I was gutted and barely slept a wink. The odds had me convinced that I was going and my wife and I were super excited all week. Truth be told I was most upset that I got my wife's hopes up. We have a 7 month baby boy that we love very much but as many of you know its exhausting and frustrating at times with your first child-these little getaway shows are a nice way to refresh and its nice to have something to look forward to when you are stuck at home (especially with Canadian winters). I'm not looking for sympathy or trying to give you a sob story (because it definitely is not...our son is a blessing and worth all the frustration, stress and monotony of our day to day lives). And now I'm rambling. My point is that I was excited. Probably more excited for a Pearl Jam show for a long time. And my wife definitely was too. I feel like I let her down. And having ppl blame me and say I am just "butthurt" makes it worse. 

Those of you who said kind things thank you. Those of you who make jokes and essentially say this is my own fault there are many things I would like to say but I won't. 

I have hope that I get tickets through the verified fan presale (but first I have to get chosen) or through some kind soul. Otherwise I am going to have some serious FOMO.

I'm done.

Thanks for the update. And you are right, the most important thing is spending time with your son. Those are precious and challenging years. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    moses-i said:

I'm done.

Thanks for the update. And you are right, the most important thing is spending time with your son. Those are precious and challenging years. 
    Challenging? Yes.
    Precious? That starts at about age 3
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Sarava said:

no kidding

Thanks for the info but this topic is about fans losing 99% shows and also losing top priority picks to fans with lower priority picks.

So Moses came back and said  he highly doubts it’s email related.

Fans will go to extreme lengths defending this ticket system, even accuse those losing out of lying. Anything to protect the golden goose. But this system is not defeating the scalping problem without a cost to the consumer. They are simply replacing that one problem with other problems.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838

For all those passing judgment on others from their holier than thou perch, you would also be curious if you put BA for a show with your 2nd priority, and lost, while someone else put that same show as BA with their 4th priority and won it.   It wasn't a f*cking credit card issue, it wasn't a f*cking name issue, it was just a flaw somewhere in the system or the communication.  It isn't the first time that technology didn't get something right and won't be the last.   It is fair to ask questions because it would be nice to fix that flaw.

I did everything right.  I won two shows yesterday and am stoked, but I'll be curious as to whether I lose out on OAK 1 with my 4th priority (reserved) and someone wins it with their 5th priority (BA).  I want to know why because the answer may impact my future lottery picks as I trusted the odds and put the show I wanted the most last because I wanted reserved for it and saw the odds were 99%.  I am happy I have won tickets and have not given up yet on OAK 1 as I received no rejection email. 

mace1229 said:
    moses-i said:

I'm done.

Challenging? Yes.

Oh man I loved the late months in year one and the toddler years. But I was lucky my girl slept pretty good in those days. Now shes the teeny bopper telling her dad to leave her alone while she is snap chatting, whatever that might be.
  • Or as Bill Belichick says, instaface.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269

For all those passing judgment on others from their holier than thou perch, you would also be curious if you put BA for a show with your 2nd priority, and lost, while someone else put that same show as BA with their 4th priority and won it.   It wasn't a f*cking credit card issue, it wasn't a f*cking name issue, it was just a flaw somewhere in the system or the communication.  It isn't the first time that technology didn't get something right and won't be the last.   It is fair to ask questions because it would be nice to fix that flaw.

I did everything right.  I won two shows yesterday and am stoked, but I'll be curious as to whether I lose out on OAK 1 with my 4th priority (reserved) and someone wins it with their 5th priority (BA).  I want to know why because the answer may impact my future lottery picks as I trusted the odds and put the show I wanted the most last because I wanted reserved for it and saw the odds were 99%.  I am happy I have won tickets and have not given up yet on OAK 1 as I received no rejection email. 

This is interesting to me because you’re one of the only Ive seen who got some and not the rest.
    most sound like they were a complete shut out, or admitted to making separate requests not realizing it deleted the previous ones.
  • A couple of things about the odds:

1) The last update was several hours before the deadline, correct?  There may have been a large number of fans who waited until the last minute to put in their requests and the odds would have dropped. Procrastinators, odds-watching, sorting things out, etc. It could have been a significant number of fans. 

2) How does BA factor into the reserved odds? Once GA is full, wouldn’t the reserved odds go down to fulfill the requests and draw names of  both reserved and the remaining BA requests? So, if you thought you were guaranteed to get reserved on your 3rd/4th/5th priority, that’s not necessarily true, just because it was at 99% at 5:00 EST?

* That’s just a take on the odds for people of the same priority or less. Fans who had higher priority (as long as it wasn’t GA) shouldn’t have missed out in favour of fans with lower priority for that same show, if we understand the system correctly. 
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Just FYI - I had both the differing emails and the 1st name only shown in TM profile and just got Nashville with my 3rd choice BA. 
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    Noload said:
    Just FYI - I had both the differing emails and the 1st name only shown in TM profile and just got Nashville with my 3rd choice BA. 
    3rd choice now?! Fuck me 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    mace1229 said:
    moses-i said:

I'm done.

And ends at about 6, or the first time they say "I hate you".
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    jefft said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    I would just like to say that the funniest, most ironic thing I read in this entire thread of some smart and some not so smart posts was the person who complained about being shut out despite entering properly for Toronto, Ottawa and MONTRÉAL.

Other than that, I would like to say the person who never heard of Timmies should have all Canadian tickets revoked :)
    Whoa whoa I m the guy who has never heard of timmies!!  To make up for my ignorance I shall try their coffee while in Quebec City and post a photo of it here as proof. 
    Let me save you the trouble and tell you not to try anything at Tim Hortons. :P
    Your not missing much.
    Well I was only kidding but I’ll be in QC and the first cup is on me if McGruff wants to give it a try! 
    So I have to try Tim Horton s and poutine

For the true Canadian experience, you have to mix them.

Poutine in a Timmie's coffee and chug it down at the pre-party.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415

100% this.  Happy I got one show yesterday, hopefully 2 tomorrow.  Not giving up hope on OAK 1 - no emails received and higher priority than others that won with 4/5/6.  BA selection.
    A couple of things about the odds:

1) The last update was several hours before the deadline, correct?  There may have been a large number of fans who waited until the last minute to put in their requests and the odds would have dropped. Procrastinators, odds-watching, sorting things out, etc. It could have been a significant number of fans. 

2) How does BA factor into the reserved odds? Once GA is full, wouldn’t the reserved odds go down to fulfill the requests and draw names of  both reserved and the remaining BA requests? So, if you thought you were guaranteed to get reserved on your 3rd/4th/5th priority, that’s not necessarily true, just because it was at 99% at 5:00 EST?

* That’s just a take on the odds for people of the same priority or less. Fans who had higher priority (as long as it wasn’t GA) shouldn’t have missed out in favour of fans with lower priority for that same show, if we understand the system correctly. 

These are good points. Dimi posted odds right as the apply period ended on FB and someone copied them here. But it's possible late entrants didnt get put into the odds. This could impact west coast more than the east.

I'm not sure I've read anything definitively on how BA gets into RES odds. BA should go into GA at time of entry and reclassed to RES once GA is full. In that scenario the RES odds would never have been accurately updated.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    edited January 2020
    Since it seems we have to post this every 5 pages or so:

The potential issues being reported have nothing to do with the odds. Even if a given show was really at 25% instead of 99%, it wouldn't explain someone getting in with their 4th pick and someone else losing with their 1st.

The symptom of an odds issue would be 30-40 people getting declined for a show that was at 99%.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,614
    andrew68 said:
    0-4 as well

explanation is we DID NOT WIN the lottery .....such is life 
    That's about it.  Nothing is a guarantee.