Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• I'm sick of seeing the word "seniority".
    Why is that? Explain.
    I actually have to explain that?
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    2024 – Dublin, Manchester, Wrigley I & II, NYC I & II
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    mace1229 said:
    JR86440 said:
    JR86440 said:
    I am trying to remember if I did that as well and have no idea. I remember putting my email when I first signed up, but after that, I changed my show choices a few times. I have no idea if I had to go thru the whole billing process again or not? and if so, if I put in my tenclub or ticketmaster email. Either way, it should NOT affect tickets. If so, that is ridiculous. Once you get your passcode, you should be able to buy tickets, simple as that
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was in the instructions, man. They need a unique identifier for you. Don't know what else to say.
    Right. I received the password so wouldn't that be the unique identifier??? You get a password, you should be able to get tickets. Simple as that
    Until people who arent going to put in for tickets give out their password to non members. I think that was the point of the email verification.
    But if I was going to give my code to someone else, why wouldn't I just also tell them what email address I use for the club?
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    JR86440 said:
    mace1229 said:
    JR86440 said:
    JR86440 said:
    I am trying to remember if I did that as well and have no idea. I remember putting my email when I first signed up, but after that, I changed my show choices a few times. I have no idea if I had to go thru the whole billing process again or not? and if so, if I put in my tenclub or ticketmaster email. Either way, it should NOT affect tickets. If so, that is ridiculous. Once you get your passcode, you should be able to buy tickets, simple as that
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was in the instructions, man. They need a unique identifier for you. Don't know what else to say.
    Right. I received the password so wouldn't that be the unique identifier??? You get a password, you should be able to get tickets. Simple as that
    Until people who arent going to put in for tickets give out their password to non members. I think that was the point of the email verification.
    Reason that doesn't make sense is, once you use that password to get in and put in for 2 tickets, that password can never be used again. At least common sense tells me that's the way it should be. Having an email tied to that password really shouldn't be the identifying factor. 
    oops. Misread your post...I see what you mean
  • PT276628 said:
    Anyone know why picking GA only lessens your chance of being selected even when it was 99% odds, and does member number come into play at all (under 420,000)?  I picked one show (Quebec City) GA only (99%) and was not selected, very bummed!
    Because QC GA ended at 75% odds
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Gonzo1977 said:
    I love people getting bent out of shape over the value of a $20/year membership. I’ve seen people spend over $20 at Starbucks.

The ticket rejection pain is real.
    Again, I imagine your Starbucks membership usually gets you a Starbucks coffee..No?

10C memberships have not included guaranteed concert tickets for a long time. I honestly don't remember when they did. The issue here is not the 10C membership benefits, it's your expectations.
    Again, I ask.... what does your $20.00 membership get you? Nobody has answered that question.
    I can tell you this was a hell of a lot easier to answer back in the day when you got : priority seating at shows, annual (sometimes) 45"single, & a newsletter with original artwork. 

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    I love people getting bent out of shape over the value of a $20/year membership. I’ve seen people spend over $20 at Starbucks.

Again, I imagine your Starbucks membership usually gets you a Starbucks coffee..No?

10C memberships have not included guaranteed concert tickets for a long time. I honestly don't remember when they did. The issue here is not the 10C membership benefits, it's your expectations.
    Again, I ask.... what does your $20.00 membership get you? Nobody has answered that question.
    I can tell you this was a hell of a lot easier to answer back in the day when you got : priority seating at shows, annual (sometimes) 45"single, & a newsletter with original artwork. 

There's a chart for your review on the previous page.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Looks like this is what we get for our $20 or $40

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

A ton of people answered that question, you prat. 
  • No back rubs though. :(
    No back rubs though. :(
    Front rubs?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,121
    edited January 2020
    PT276628 said:
    Anyone know why picking GA only lessens your chance of being selected even when it was 99% odds, and does member number come into play at all (under 420,000)?  I picked one show (Quebec City) GA only (99%) and was not selected, very bummed!
    Because QC GA ended at 75% odds
    Yeah, sorry, but bad luck for you.  3 out of 4 people who put QC GA would appear to be in line to get tickets.  1 out of 4 would not.
    Member # is 100% meaningless when it comes to GA ticket selection.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234

Well, 1 thing it gets you is a chance to buy concert tickets reserved specifically for 10 club, and only have to compete with 10 club people instead of ticket brokers.

• 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • cannotstaylongcannotstaylong Posts: 668
    edited January 2020
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

It gets you the opportunity to purchase tickets, annual bootleg codes, and better seating (as a result of a lower membership number) if you score reserved seating tickets.

If you've been a member for as long as you're implying, then the overall pool of 10C members has grown exponentially since you joined. The pool of people interested in getting tickets is significantly larger. In response to that reality, the band has chosen to extend the opportunity to secure tickets to as many people as possible. Hence, the lottery.

If you disagree with that direction by the band, then you should not renew your membership. It's been this way for a long time, and I doubt it's going to change.
    Post edited by cannotstaylong on
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • JR86440 said:
    Front rubs?
    Foot rubs?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    Not true
    If your member number is below 75,000 you can schedule one with Boom.
    If your below 25,000 you schedule with Stone.
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    So let's review this ticketing system.
    You get an email alerting you to PJ fan club pre-sale. You immediately log into your PJ.com account, follow all of the instructions, pick the show and seating arrangement that best fits your schedule, give your payment information. You get an email, saying Thanks...we'll get back to on Sunday and let you know if you get tickets. Then you get an email telling a couple days later....Sorry demand was high.

On top of that, someone can receive the same alert, log in the NEXT DAY, request tickets for 3 SHOWS, get an email telling them that they are confirmed for ALL 3 SHOWS

In what backwards fucking alternative universe does this seem fair to anyone ? 

• JR86440 said:
    Front rubs?
    I'd settle for that
  • Gonzo1977 said:
    You get an email alerting you to PJ fan club pre-sale. You immediately log into your PJ.com account, follow all of the instructions, pick the show and seating arrangement that best fits your schedule, give your payment information. You get an email, saying Thanks...we'll get back to on Sunday and let you know if you get tickets. Then you get an email telling a couple days later....Sorry demand was high.

On top of that, someone can receive the same alert, log in the NEXT DAY, request tickets for 3 SHOWS, get an email telling them that they are confirmed for ALL 3 SHOWS

They picked Best Available instead of GA only, making a smarter choice?
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    JimmyV said:
    I was relieved that my code matched the combination on my luggage. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

You still get priority seating at shows.  Again, I ask...do you think earlier 10c members should get tickets over newer ones?
  • Gonzo1977 said:

It's a fair system, you seem to have difficulty accepting it.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    2024 – Dublin, Manchester, Wrigley I & II, NYC I & II
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    Gonzo1977 said:

Gonzo1977 said:

I think it is very fair. Not everybody is at their computer the second the email is sent out. Some people need to see the tour schedule, talk to spouse, make plans etc. Sometimes those plans take longer than 3 minutes
  • BE9456BE9456 Posts: 148
    Gonzo1977 said:

pretty much everyone.
  • My alternative universes do not include backward fucking.

Perhaps I need to be more creative in my daydreaming.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Gonzo1977 said:

No one requested shows after you were notified that your request was unsuccessful. Everyone had the same window of time to submit their requests. 
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    tdawe said:
    mace1229 said:
    JR86440 said:
    JR86440 said:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But if I was going to give my code to someone else, why wouldn't I just also tell them what email address I use for the club?
    True. Maybe it was so they cant use a robot to randomly guess numbers and that they must match, I dont know. But it seemed it was for verification purposes and it clearly said enter your 10C email, not just any email.
  • jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Posts: 456
    edited January 2020
    Isn't that like saying "I think I should have a better chance at winning the PowerBall because I entered my numbers on Monday morning and you entered yours on Wednesday evening right before the drawing" ?
    Not really how it works.
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Gonzo1977 said:

Where are the "reading is fundamental" folks?
  • Isn't that like saying "I think I should have a better chance at winning the PowerBall because I entered my numbers on Monday morning and you entered yours on Wednesday evening right before the drawing" ?
    Not really how it works.
    Or because I've been playing longer?