Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• So a few hours and half dozen pages later, I'm checking in and it looks like we still don't have an official answer as to what happened to Moses?
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Gonzo1977 said:
    I don't think anything needs addressed, it's the luck of the draw. I'm sorry but you can't have the expectation that you will win tickets in every pre-sale.
     So, I got shut out of Hamilton.
     My request was for 2 x seats BA - it showed I had 99% chance when I ordered. I receive an email telling me that they'll let me know by Sunday January 19th if I am confirmed for the show. But, last night around 11 pm, I get an email telling me that I didn't get tickets. Yet, my friend  who put in her request one day later than me, got tickets for all 3 of her requested shows Toronto, Montreal, & Hamilton. WTF???

Certainly begs the question of what exactly is the value of being a 10 club member in 2020? . 

When I became a member back in 1995 or 1996,  we got a newsletter and a 10 club single in the mail, and priority seas to PJ shows. 

Now days, membership fee is considerably higher, the band hardly puts out records, we get no annual single, &  no guarantee of tickets to PJ shows.

All we seem to get are a 10 Club T-shirt and emailed newsletter.  Doesn't exactly feel like we're getting a very good bang for our buck these days. 

So, perhaps some explanation is in order to the long time fans who are getting shut out of shows.

This is gonna ruffle some feathers. Don't take this personally, but I think people are in denial when they get rejected for tickets. You currently have two more opportunities to get tickets.

It doesn't matter if somebody put a request in for tickets later than you. You might have submitted the request when it was 99% but that does go down the more people request. Doesn't matter when you became a member either. If you feel so strongly about being disadvantaged as a member, cancel your membership. There's no explaining necessary from Ten Club, they have to meet a lot of demand and ultimately a few people are not going to be happy about it.

Yes. I lost on the Moline lottery then scored tix via Ticketmaster the next week. Good seats too! Always a way into the venue
    That's the spirit!
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    2024 – Dublin, Manchester, Wrigley I & II, NYC I & II
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    Hmmm so wonder if this is reason people didnt get tickets? I think I did this correctly but I really don't know. Once you get  your access code, that is all that should matter. 
    Step 9. On the Billing Page, enter the email address associated with your Ten Club membership account, and the cardholder information. Review the “Your Requests” section, then read and check all the required boxes below. Click “Submit” at the bottom.
  • Gonzo1977 said:
    Great! so as I now understand this system....neither seniority, time of request, show or seat preference have anything to do with getting Pearl Jam tickets at your local show. It's now truly a lottery system, and being a 10 club member for over 25 years, means you get a T-shirt and an email every once in a while about various charities and heads up about vault shows that you can buy from the 10 club for a higher price than on Amazon. Nice !!      
    Yep - exactly what you were promised though so this shouldn't be news.
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Great! so as I now understand this system....neither seniority, time of request, show or seat preference have anything to do with getting Pearl Jam tickets at your local show. It's now truly a lottery system, and being a 10 club member for over 25 years, means you get a T-shirt and an email every once in a while about various charities and heads up about vault shows that you can buy from the 10 club for a higher price than on Amazon. Nice !!      
    It's been this way a long time
    Never had an issue getting tickets before
  • So a few hours and half dozen pages later, I'm checking in and it looks like we still don't have an official answer as to what happened to Moses?
    Official, no, but very possible his two email addresses had something to do with it. He can't remember which one he used on Step 9.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    So you missed out on tickets once and now think the membership that got you tickets every time before has little/no value?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BmyersBmyers Posts: 58
    I went into TM this morning and the CC info i but in earlier this week when i set up my verified fan account was not there... I added it to my TM account..
    Maybe that's what happened?
    So a few hours and half dozen pages later, I'm checking in and it looks like we still don't have an official answer as to what happened to Moses?
    Official, no, but very possible his two email addresses had something to do with it. He can't remember which one he used on Step 9.
    I am trying to remember if I did that as well and have no idea. I remember putting my email when I first signed up, but after that, I changed my show choices a few times. I have no idea if I had to go thru the whole billing process again or not? and if so, if I put in my tenclub or ticketmaster email. Either way, it should NOT affect tickets. If so, that is ridiculous. Once you get your passcode, you should be able to buy tickets, simple as that
  • Gonzo1977 said:
    Sorry to be blunt, but it's been like this for a long time. The band has been working to open up the opportunity to score tickets to more fans, and they've been moving away from a seniority-based system for a while. Nothing about this approach is new or surprising. 
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • Gonzo1977 said:
    Sorry to be blunt, but it's been like this for a long time. The band has been working to open up the opportunity to score tickets to more fans, and they've been moving away from a seniority-based system for a while. Nothing about this approach is new or surprising. 
    Thank you! I'm glad someone said it.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    I assumed that 10c email thing was to verify you didnt give your code out to someone. Why you wouldnt use your 10c email when it says "enter 10c email here" I don't know. But I am guessing the explanation is going to be something along those lines. There are more than enough tickets, I am guessing there are even tickets left over for most shows.
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    Can't wait to see the same complaints when people miss out on the posters and merch. 
  • It just sucks that so many people want GA. As I posted in another thread, I haven't been able to get GA since 2003 and it's pissing me off, especially since I've been a 10club member since 1996. Yes, I'm older, but I'm fit as hell and want to have fun in GA. I have my fingers and everything else I can cross that I land GA LA tickets today. 
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    edited January 2020
    JR86440 said:
    I am trying to remember if I did that as well and have no idea. I remember putting my email when I first signed up, but after that, I changed my show choices a few times. I have no idea if I had to go thru the whole billing process again or not? and if so, if I put in my tenclub or ticketmaster email. Either way, it should NOT affect tickets. If so, that is ridiculous. Once you get your passcode, you should be able to buy tickets, simple as that
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was in the instructions, man. They need a unique identifier for you. Don't know what else to say.
      Great business model. We'll automatically take money out of your account each year, make you believe you're accumulating seniority by staying a member....but then we slowly take away all the benefits you originally signed up for in the first place, take your money and give you nothing of value in return.  I feel like I'm enrolled in Trump University.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    mace1229 said:
    I assumed that 10c email thing was to verify you didnt give your code out to someone. Why you wouldnt use your 10c email when it says "enter 10c email here" I don't know. But I am guessing the explanation is going to be something along those lines. There are more than enough tickets, I am guessing there are even tickets left over for most shows.
    If that turns out to be the issue, while I definitely feel sick in the gut for people who lost out, it seems crazy to screw up something so obvious as "enter 10C email here".  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    I chose only Hamilton RES for the Canada leg and won. They chose tickets and no matter where in the process I pull, my seniority gets me in the front, for the same cost as the last row in the venue and you don't see the benefit?
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Gonzo1977 said:
      Great business model. We'll automatically take money out of your account each year, make you believe you're accumulating seniority by staying a member....but then we slowly take away all the benefits you originally signed up for in the first place, take your money and give you nothing of value in return.  I feel like I'm enrolled in Trump University.
    You/we still get the best seats based on seniority for reserved.  Why should the same long time members get first dibs at GA all the time?
  • I'm sick of seeing the word "seniority".
    2012 – Manchester II
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • I don't care what they say about the new Best Available option, IMO if you want to get in the door at all costs for the one show that you can't miss, you put down Reserved.  I get it if you have a really high 10c number and you're almost better off with a public sale or finding a spare instead, but if it means enough to you to be there any you have decent seniority you should go reserved.  I have yet to be completely skunked on the a tour when I put in RES as my 1st priority per show.  

There's a much smaller number of GA tickets now matter what the odds say, and if you're prioritizing that, your odds are going to go down.

I don't even trust BA honestly, because in my mind, if ALL the requests are getting calculated at once I would assume it's going to prioritize GA first.

If GA processes at the same time as RES then I feel like RES is going to be going down in availability at the same time that GA is.  So if you picked BA, Not only are you getting one of the GA tix because it tried to fill that for you first, but the number of RES is going to be equally dropping or even going faster.  Your chance at RES may effectively become the 3rd pass of allocations, and you could be outta luck by then.  

I put in for 1) MSG RES, 2) BAL RES, and 3) SD BA.  I'm only using BA on SD because it would be nice if I got a GA for one show but it's not going to break my heart if I don't have to fly cross country and take vacation time to be there.

I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Gonzo1977 said:
    The business model works since you keep handing them money. You don't have to. Honestly man, I'm bummed they don't rub my back when I buy a Big Mac but I'm not going to complain about it - I know what comes with the Big Mac.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    Sounds like someone doesn't wear his tshirt. 
  • radial21radial21 Posts: 228
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Drop your membership then.....if you aren’t happy with the service being provided then that’s your right. 

It’s impossible for the 10c to get tickets to every person who wants them for every show.  They do the best they can, and it sure seems like most people are getting tickets this year.  It sucks that you didn’t, but there’s no guarantee of anything by being a 10c member.  I put in for Baltimore and will be totally bummed if I don’t get tickets, but I surely won’t come on the board and bash the club if I don’t.  
    JimmyV said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    So you missed out on tickets once and now think the membership that got you tickets every time before has little/no value?
    Exactly. What is the value of a 10 club membership now? A chance to play the lottery? 
    JR86440 said:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was in the instructions, man. They need a unique identifier for you. Don't know what else to say.
    Right. I received the password so wouldn't that be the unique identifier??? You get a password, you should be able to get tickets. Simple as that
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    edited January 2020
    Exactly. What is the value of a 10 club membership now? A chance to play the lottery? 
    For most of us...yeah. 
  • cannotstaylongcannotstaylong Posts: 668
    edited January 2020
    Gonzo1977 said:
    You are still accumulating seniority by maintaining your membership.  In the event you were successful in scoring reserved seats for a show, your seniority would give you better seats than someone who joined last year.  It's pretty simple.

Consider the alternative situation in which tickets are allocated based on seniority alone.  There would be little membership value at all for newer members.

So the current approach actually is a great business model for the band.  It encourages new members to fork over money to join the 10C....
    Post edited by cannotstaylong on
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    Sounds like someone didn't download his bootleg
  • JR86440 said:
    Right. I received the password so wouldn't that be the unique identifier??? You get a password, you should be able to get tickets. Simple as that
    What's to stop anyone from just putting in random numbers then? Need to marry it up with a valid email address. A specific, valid email address associated with the 10C account.