Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Gonzo1977 said:
    I don't think anything needs addressed, it's the luck of the draw. I'm sorry but you can't have the expectation that you will win tickets in every pre-sale.
     So, I got shut out of Hamilton.
     My request was for 2 x seats BA - it showed I had 99% chance when I ordered. I receive an email telling me that they'll let me know by Sunday January 19th if I am confirmed for the show. But, last night around 11 pm, I get an email telling me that I didn't get tickets. Yet, my friend  who put in her request one day later than me, got tickets for all 3 of her requested shows Toronto, Montreal, & Hamilton. WTF???

Certainly begs the question of what exactly is the value of being a 10 club member in 2020? . 

When I became a member back in 1995 or 1996,  we got a newsletter and a 10 club single in the mail, and priority seas to PJ shows. 

Now days, membership fee is considerably higher, the band hardly puts out records, we get no annual single, &  no guarantee of tickets to PJ shows.

All we seem to get are a 10 Club T-shirt and emailed newsletter.  Doesn't exactly feel like we're getting a very good bang for our buck these days. 

So, perhaps some explanation is in order to the long time fans who are getting shut out of shows.

When you placed your entry had no bearing on if you won or lost. 

Did you submit any other Canadian entries? If so, did you win any of those?

Lost out on Toronto too - requested BA for both Toronto and Hamilton and got nothing for any of the shows I requested.

Pretty pissed off because I've been going to concerts for many years and have been going to PJ shows for many years, and this ticketing system doesn't make the slightest big of sense to me.

On the surface it seems that neither 10 club seniority, time of request submitted, ticket preference, or requested show, seem to have any correlation to who gets tickets to what show.

This system, just seems to be random, rigged, or completely broken ...I don't know which.

But it's hard not to feel like I'm being ripped off in regards to my 10 club membership.

Hopefully the 2020 Analog T-shirt is a good one this year & hopefully I score some public tickets through Ticketmaster on the 24th . 

I can't help but think of what it would be like to travel back in time to 1995 and having to explain to my younger self  what it will be like to be a 10 club member in 2020, and explain that unlike the 1995 membership, the 2020 membership, no longer includes an annual single, a newsletter, or guaranteed tickets to PJ shows? 

I imagine that my younger self would probably think:
     "My god!... I grow up to be a total fucking idiot" !!

• cmcard said:
    Did anyone screenshot the final odds?
    Yes, it's been posted many times
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,192
    As someone else said I believe the best available screwed up the odds. The 99% is likely the odds if you choose reserved as your first choice. I don't think anyone didn't get reserved as a first choice.

As there would be more entries for reserved after people lost out on the GA the odds would change. Likely to the low 99% range.

Also if you choose best available for say 4 shows you are essentially making 8 picks. Your odds will go down as you go through the shows.
    If one person got a show with their 3rd pick BA and someone missed with their 1st pick BA, something else is afoot. It's not an odds issue. You can put that at 100%
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    Im sure it has something to do with only selecting GA and resubmitting picks and not including original shows. Lastly, not putting in the correct 10Club email on step 5
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    edited January 2020
    mace1229 said:
    Are you fucking telling me that because my last name wasn't saved on the TM site but EVERYTHING ELSE WAS FINE I got shut out of every lottery last night for Canada??? That is SOME BULLSHIT
    I feel bad for everyone who missed tickets, I'd be crushed. But it wasn't the "lottery." The odds were essentially a guarantee for all non-GA only requests except for Bal and MSG.
    Has anyone from the states been shut out? One possibility is an auto decline from the credit card for out of country purchases. TM was aware of this and warned people to inform their credit cards not to cancel purchases from Ticketmaster. My guess is we will learn soon that everyone who was shut out had something like this happen, or a typo in their email or something.
    Hope you find some another way.
    The confirmation email says:

"Make sure your credit card has sufficient funds to cover your highest possible total. If you are confirmed but your card has insufficient funds, we will not process your request and the tickets will go to the next Ten Club member. INTERNATIONAL FANS: See additional bank precautions towards the end of this email.

If you are confirmed for a show, but your card is declined for any reason, you will be contacted by Ticketstoday."

It sounds like if your card is declined you will lose out, but they'll let you know why. So if that's the reason why anyone got shut out, they should know about it.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    RS151862 said:
    BA Hamilton, GA TO, BA OT...Nothing. But I looked at my TM and everything looks fine. So I don't understand.
    Not sure how u didn’t get Hamilton, but honestly you had no chance of getting Tor GA with your 2nd pick. It was a wasted selection which in turn made it harder to get Ottawa since it was prioritized 3rd and not 2nd. 
    That shouldn't have mattered anyway, with 99% odds anyone who had any order of prioritized list of BA tickets for all 4 shows should have scored.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    I'm beginning to wonder if some people are typing BA when they mean GA....
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Gonzo1977 said:
    I don't think anything needs addressed, it's the luck of the draw. I'm sorry but you can't have the expectation that you will win tickets in every pre-sale.
     My request was for 2 x seats BA - it showed I had 99% chance when I ordered. I receive an email telling me that they'll let me know by Sunday January 19th if I am confirmed for the show. But, last night around 11 pm, I get an email telling me that I didn't get tickets. Yet, my friend  who put in her request one day later than me, got tickets for all 3 of her requested shows Toronto, Montreal, & Hamilton. WTF???

Certainly begs the question of what exactly is the value of being a 10 club member in 2020? . 

When I became a member back in 1995 or 1996,  we got a newsletter and a 10 club single in the mail, and priority seas to PJ shows. 

Now days, membership fee is considerably higher, the band hardly puts out records, we get no annual single, &  no guarantee of tickets to PJ shows.

All we seem to get are a 10 Club T-shirt and emailed newsletter.  Doesn't exactly feel like we're getting a very good bang for our buck these days. 

So, perhaps some explanation is in order to the long time fans who are getting shut out of shows.

Don't take this personally, but I think people are in denial when they get rejected for tickets. You currently have two more opportunities to get tickets.

It doesn't matter if somebody put a request in for tickets later than you. You might have submitted the request when it was 99% but that does go down the more people request. Doesn't matter when you became a member either. If you feel so strongly about being disadvantaged as a member, cancel your membership. There's no explaining necessary from Ten Club, they have to meet a lot of demand and ultimately a few people are not going to be happy about it.
    All the Canadian shows ended at 99% for Reserved, and people won BA entries with priorities 2,3,4.
    99% at the Euro Tour meant you got your 8th priority as well... which I did. so all these TM odds are questionable 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    pjl44 said:
    As someone else said I believe the best available screwed up the odds. The 99% is likely the odds if you choose reserved as your first choice. I don't think anyone didn't get reserved as a first choice.

As there would be more entries for reserved after people lost out on the GA the odds would change. Likely to the low 99% range.

Also if you choose best available for say 4 shows you are essentially making 8 picks. Your odds will go down as you go through the shows.
    If one person got a show with their 3rd pick BA and someone missed with their 1st pick BA, something else is afoot. It's not an odds issue. You can put that at 100%
    Sure its not a 50/50 proposition?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • I wish they could allocate more tickets for the fanclub. I'm not sure why they can't. In the past, I figured it had something to do with the fact that we bought our tickets on this website, and sort of went around Ticketmaster service charges. But this time, we're using Ticketmaster. So why can't there be more tix for the fanclub? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    pjl44 said:

I'll put it at 99%, since thats the highest we use here.
    I wish they could allocate more tickets for the fanclub. I'm not sure why they can't. In the past, I figured it had something to do with the fact that we bought our tickets on this website, and sort of went around Ticketmaster service charges. But this time, we're using Ticketmaster. So why can't there be more tix for the fanclub? 
    The consensus here is they do have more tickets this time. The issue is GA: the pit isn't getting any bigger. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    I wish they could allocate more tickets for the fanclub. I'm not sure why they can't. In the past, I figured it had something to do with the fact that we bought our tickets on this website, and sort of went around Ticketmaster service charges. But this time, we're using Ticketmaster. So why can't there be more tix for the fanclub? 
    It seems like there are a ton of tickets for the fanclub. If anything they may look into making the entire floor GA in the future. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Great! so as I now understand this system....neither seniority, time of request, show or seat preference have anything to do with getting Pearl Jam tickets at your local show. It's now truly a lottery system, and being a 10 club member for over 25 years, means you get a T-shirt and an email every once in a while about various charities and heads up about vault shows that you can buy from the 10 club for a higher price than on Amazon. Nice !!      
  • JPPJ84 said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

Don't take this personally, but I think people are in denial when they get rejected for tickets. You currently have two more opportunities to get tickets.

It doesn't matter if somebody put a request in for tickets later than you. You might have submitted the request when it was 99% but that does go down the more people request. Doesn't matter when you became a member either. If you feel so strongly about being disadvantaged as a member, cancel your membership. There's no explaining necessary from Ten Club, they have to meet a lot of demand and ultimately a few people are not going to be happy about it.
    All the Canadian shows ended at 99% for Reserved, and people won BA entries with priorities 2,3,4.
    99% at the Euro Tour meant you got your 8th priority as well... which I did. so all these TM odds are questionable 
    We have one case where something is off, without being able to confirm if there was a problem with the info put on the entry.

Again, it isn't an odds issue. If that was the case, we'd be hearing from people who had these shows as 3rd or 4th choice BA/Reserved saying they lost
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Seems like they did allocate A LOT MORE this time no?  99% chance on all but 2 shows
  • ecdanc said:
    The consensus here is they do have more tickets this time. The issue is GA: the pit isn't getting any bigger. 
    JimmyV said:
    It seems like there are a ton of tickets for the fanclub. If anything they may look into making the entire floor GA in the future. 

Yeah that'd be great if the entire floor was GA. Kinda weird that it isn't actually. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Out of 16 shows only two of them are not guaranteed tickets to get in the building. Thats an amazing accomplishment by them imo. If we compare odds from 2016 and 2020 for MSG they are 3 times better. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Live Nation/Ticketmaster have been working with a 10% rule for allocations to fan clubs for a long time. 10 club managed to get them to lift that this year. (they got lots of tix for Fenway in 2018 but that's not a TM/LN venue).
    So hard to ask for more than they got. If all but 2 shows had 99% for the reserved option, they got plenty.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,003
    They did supposedly allocate a lot more tickets for 10C members. Do you expect them to reserve the whole venue? I doubt that would happen.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Great! so as I now understand this system....neither seniority, time of request, show or seat preference have anything to do with getting Pearl Jam tickets at your local show. It's now truly a lottery system, and being a 10 club member for over 25 years, means you get a T-shirt and an email every once in a while about various charities and heads up about vault shows that you can buy from the 10 club for a higher price than on Amazon. Nice !!      
    You're absolutely sure you requested best available for the shows?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,192
    Poncier said:
    pjl44 said:

Sure its not a 50/50 proposition?
    I hope the missing holiday singles wind up being a carefully curated selection of the goofiest customer service calls they've had to handle for this presale
  • Gonzo1977 said:
    It's been this way a long time
  • Gonzo1977 said:

This is gonna ruffle some feathers. Don't take this personally, but I think people are in denial when they get rejected for tickets. You currently have two more opportunities to get tickets.

Yes. I lost on the Moline lottery then scored tix via Ticketmaster the next week. Good seats too! Always a way into the venue
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • I wish they could allocate more tickets for the fanclub. I'm not sure why they can't. In the past, I figured it had something to do with the fact that we bought our tickets on this website, and sort of went around Ticketmaster service charges. But this time, we're using Ticketmaster. So why can't there be more tix for the fanclub? 
    Are you serious? This tour there’s more tickets than ever before for fan club. Like waaaay more. Some of the seating charts like LA & Oakland they had access to the entire building for fan club seating. This is why 14 out of 16 shows finished the lottery with 99% odds for seating. 
  • Poncier said:
    Live Nation/Ticketmaster have been working with a 10% rule for allocations to fan clubs for a long time. 10 club managed to get them to lift that this year. (they got lots of tix for Fenway in 2018 but that's not a TM/LN venue).
    So hard to ask for more than they got. If all but 2 shows had 99% for the reserved option, they got plenty.
    I just wonder why there is that 10% allocation rule. Does Ticketmaster lose out a bit by doing that, and that's why they won't allocate more tickets? 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Ticketmaster wants to be able to serve the general public as well and, maybe more importantly, we haven't seen what prices for the general sale will be yet. It's very possible they'll be at different price points.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Yes. 
    They did supposedly allocate a lot more tickets for 10C members. Do you expect them to reserve the whole venue? I doubt that would happen.
    NO

Pearl Jam bootlegs: