Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I don't think anything needs addressed, it's the luck of the draw. I'm sorry but you can't have the expectation that you will win tickets in every pre-sale.
     So, I got shut out of Hamilton.
     My request was for 2 x seats BA - it showed I had 99% chance when I ordered. I receive an email telling me that they'll let me know by Sunday January 19th if I am confirmed for the show. But, last night around 11 pm, I get an email telling me that I didn't get tickets. Yet, my friend  who put in her request one day later than me, got tickets for all 3 of her requested shows Toronto, Montreal, & Hamilton. WTF???

Certainly begs the question of what exactly is the value of being a 10 club member in 2020? . 

When I became a member back in 1995 or 1996,  we got a newsletter and a 10 club single in the mail, and priority seas to PJ shows. 

Now days, membership fee is considerably higher, the band hardly puts out records, we get no annual single, &  no guarantee of tickets to PJ shows.

All we seem to get are a 10 Club T-shirt and emailed newsletter.  Doesn't exactly feel like we're getting a very good bang for our buck these days. 

So, perhaps some explanation is in order to the long time fans who are getting shut out of shows.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    stawamus said:
    mrussel1 said:
    moses-i said:

There's no way GA was 99% at the time the lottery closed.  
    Am I correct that this is the only case we know of where someone claims to have selected BA for a show and not get selected? And the screengrab is when GA odds were 99% so would’ve been submitted shortly after the lotto opened. Are we absolutely sure moses-i didn’t re-submit their requests as GA only? 
    Yes his is the only case that I’ve seen. I don’t think anybody knows for sure if he re-submitted 
    The other case from earlier in the thread kristoph-ed, while he admitted resubmitting for Hamilton, thus unknowingly cancelling his Toronto pick still doesn't explain why he got shut out of Hamilton.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Gonzo1977 said:
    I don't think anything needs addressed, it's the luck of the draw. I'm sorry but you can't have the expectation that you will win tickets in every pre-sale.
     My request was for 2 x seats BA - it showed I had 99% chance when I ordered. I receive an email telling me that they'll let me know by Sunday January 19th if I am confirmed for the show. But, last night around 11 pm, I get an email telling me that I didn't get tickets. Yet, my friend  who put in her request one day later than me, got tickets for all 3 of her requested shows Toronto, Montreal, & Hamilton. WTF???

Certainly begs the question of what exactly is the value of being a 10 club member in 2020? . 

When I became a member back in 1995 or 1996,  we got a newsletter and a 10 club single in the mail, and priority seas to PJ shows. 

Now days, membership fee is considerably higher, the band hardly puts out records, we get no annual single, &  no guarantee of tickets to PJ shows.

All we seem to get are a 10 Club T-shirt and emailed newsletter.  Doesn't exactly feel like we're getting a very good bang for our buck these days. 

So, perhaps some explanation is in order to the long time fans who are getting shut out of shows.

When you placed your entry had no bearing on if you won or lost. 

Did you submit any other Canadian entries? If so, did you win any of those?
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Gonzo1977 said:

You requested Best Available for Hamilton? Did you have it as priority 1?
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    stawamus said:
    mrussel1 said:
    moses-i said:

Am I correct that this is the only case we know of where someone claims to have selected BA for a show and not get selected? And the screengrab is when GA odds were 99% so would’ve been submitted shortly after the lotto opened. Are we absolutely sure moses-i didn’t re-submit their requests as GA only? 

He indicated he did not

This is the challenge when a thread gets big. Ppl check in and assume the same things over and over. They want the easy explanation. And it's impossible to read thru hundreds of comments 

Potentially 3 fans with this issue. One who forgot to resubmit one show, but lost on their other show that was resubmitted to fans using a lower priority. Also, all BA tix outside of Bal and NY are 99% odds.
    And I feel bad for Moses-i but it seems to be the only case with proof that is fucked up
    Poncier said:
    stawamus said:
    mrussel1 said:
    moses-i said:

Yes his is the only case that I’ve seen. I don’t think anybody knows for sure if he re-submitted 
    The other case from earlier in the thread kristoph-ed, while he admitted resubmitting for Hamilton, thus unknowingly cancelling his Toronto pick still doesn't explain why he got shut out of Hamilton.
    Gotcha. I might have missed that. I can’t remember all the shit I’ve read in the past hour. So possibly two unexplained cases
  • Are you fucking telling me that because my last name wasn't saved on the TM site but EVERYTHING ELSE WAS FINE I got shut out of every lottery last night for Canada??? That is SOME BULLSHIT
  • Are you fucking telling me that because my last name wasn't saved on the TM site but EVERYTHING ELSE WAS FINE I got shut out of every lottery last night for Canada??? That is SOME BULLSHIT
    No, that has been debunked
  • Gonzo1977 said:

The timing of your request had no effect on your priority for the lottery vs. anyone else who also submitted.  It doesn't matter that you placed your request before your friend placed hers.  The lottery doesn't distinguish between 10C members based on the timing of their submission.  

What does matter is the priority that you assigned to the Hamilton request.  Was that the only show for which you submitted a lottery request?
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
    Are you fucking telling me that because my last name wasn't saved on the TM site but EVERYTHING ELSE WAS FINE I got shut out of every lottery last night for Canada??? That is SOME BULLSHIT
    Did you get shut out?  If so it wasn’t because of the  last name thing. That’s already been proven to not be an issue
    Are you fucking telling me that because my last name wasn't saved on the TM site but EVERYTHING ELSE WAS FINE I got shut out of every lottery last night for Canada??? That is SOME BULLSHIT
    What did you request?
  • 2 burgers, some fries, and a coke
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • BELLZDEEPBELLZDEEP Posts: 289
    cmcard said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I put the wrong eye color in my profile. Do you think I will be ok? Please help 

Call TM and either Stone or Jeff ASAP.

haha!! this is the best thing i've seen on here while scanning all the comments!
  • BA Hamilton, GA TO, BA OT...Nothing. But I looked at my TM and everything looks fine. So I don't understand.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    2 burgers, some fries, and a coke
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuNJq_wI1ns
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • BA Hamilton, GA TO, BA OT...Nothing. But I looked at my TM and everything looks fine. So I don't understand.
    If you got shutout, your entry must have failed some validation. Maybe your TC email you had to enter was incorrect? 
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Posts: 696
    edited January 2020
    These angry crowd mentality - first name/last name - TM conspiracy theory shenanigans are starting to crack me up!

- Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    2 burgers, some fries, and a coke
    That's where you screwed up. The order should have been...

Chee burger
    Chips no fries
    No Coke Pepsi
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    BA Hamilton, GA TO, BA OT...Nothing. But I looked at my TM and everything looks fine. So I don't understand.
    All made on one entry?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    BA Hamilton, GA TO, BA OT...Nothing. But I looked at my TM and everything looks fine. So I don't understand.
    That sucks.  One member earlier in the thread mentioned they re-submitted to add/change one show and did not realize they had to put all of the requested shows in the re-submission as well.  Did you re-submit at any point?

Chee burger
    Chips no fries
    No Coke Pepsi

:lol::lightbulb:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Just be 100% sure: you requested Best Available for Hamilton and Ottawa?
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Posts: 418
    edited January 2020
    Gonzo1977 said:

This is gonna ruffle some feathers. Don't take this personally, but I think people are in denial when they get rejected for tickets. You currently have two more opportunities to get tickets.

It doesn't matter if somebody put a request in for tickets later than you. You might have submitted the request when it was 99% but that does go down the more people request. Doesn't matter when you became a member either. If you feel so strongly about being disadvantaged as a member, cancel your membership. There's no explaining necessary from Ten Club, they have to meet a lot of demand and ultimately a few people are not going to be happy about it.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    2024 – Dublin, Manchester, Wrigley I & II, NYC I & II
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    Not sure how u didn’t get Hamilton, but honestly you had no chance of getting Tor GA with your 2nd pick. It was a wasted selection which in turn made it harder to get Ottawa since it was prioritized 3rd and not 2nd. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    edited January 2020
    Gonzo1977 said:

Don't take this personally, but I think people are in denial when they get rejected for tickets. You currently have two more opportunities to get tickets.

It doesn't matter if somebody put a request in for tickets later than you. You might have submitted the request when it was 99% but that does go down the more people request. Doesn't matter when you became a member either. If you feel so strongly about being disadvantaged as a member, cancel your membership. There's no explaining necessary from Ten Club, they have to meet a lot of demand and ultimately a few people are not going to be happy about it.
    All the Canadian shows ended at 99% for Reserved, and people won BA entries with priorities 2,3,4.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    I feel bad for everyone who missed tickets, I'd be crushed. But it wasn't the "lottery." The odds were essentially a guarantee for all non-GA only requests except for Bal and MSG.
    Has anyone from the states been shut out? One possibility is an auto decline from the credit card for out of country purchases. TM was aware of this and warned people to inform their credit cards not to cancel purchases from Ticketmaster. My guess is we will learn soon that everyone who was shut out had something like this happen, or a typo in their email or something.
    Hope you find some another way.
  • cmcardcmcard Posts: 86
    Did anyone screenshot the final odds?
  • As someone else said I believe the best available screwed up the odds. The 99% is likely the odds if you choose reserved as your first choice. I don't think anyone didn't get reserved as a first choice.

As there would be more entries for reserved after people lost out on the GA the odds would change. Likely to the low 99% range.

Also if you choose best available for say 4 shows you are essentially making 8 picks. Your odds will go down as you go through the shows.

Chee burger
    Chips no fries
    No Coke Pepsi
    Dimi's next clue for a Chicago show w/ pre-party at the Billy Goat?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • As someone else said I believe the best available screwed up the odds. The 99% is likely the odds if you choose reserved as your first choice. I don't think anyone didn't get reserved as a first choice.

As there would be more entries for reserved after people lost out on the GA the odds would change. Likely to the low 99% range.

Also if you choose best available for say 4 shows you are essentially making 8 picks. Your odds will go down as you go through the shows.
    This would not explain why a first priority BA entry lost and a 2nd priority or higher BA entry won