Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    cmcard said:
    When you guys say "best available" do you just mean you put GA first and RS second?  Or did I miss something?

On paper it's an improvement over the old 10c system.  10c had you prioritize GA or Reserved as two different priorities.   Many people would go GA first, Reserved 2nd.   The major drawback being people who didn't want GA could put in for a different show reserved as #1, and then this show as #2, and get two pairs of tickets to two different shows, before someone got 1 pair.

This system lets you choose GA only, Reserved Only, or Best Available.   Except they all count as a single priority.   If you choose best available and your name gets drawn, you get GA if they are still available, otherwise you get reserved.  On paper that's an improvement, because it stops the reserved show 1, reserved show 2 people from bumping out the poor sod that tried ga show 2/reserved show 2.
  • dpphotodpphoto Posts: 284
    edited January 2020
    PB11041 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I added my last name about an hour ago and just scored Denver tickets.
    SO either it didn't matter, or it was in time.
    I'm guessing didn't matter
    I think it matters... since 10c communicated that they are watching fan-to-fan resale TM name would be the only way to cross-reference with a 10c member name.

Post edited by dpphoto on
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    mace1229 said:
    That is good news!
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    Goodness with the amount of analyzation we are putting into this ticket system, we could solve some world problems. :lol:
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    dpphoto said:
    PB11041 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I think it matters... since 10c communicated that they are watching fan-to-fan resale TM name would be the only way to cross-reference with a 10c member name.

I have definitely been misquoted
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    Goodness with the amount of analyzation we are putting into this ticket system, we could solve some world problems. :lol:
    This thing has run incredibly smooth thus far, but you'd never know it based on the contingent that need to anguish over every minor detail
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    If I ever have to find another job, I’m bringing the employment contract here before I sign...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Someone posted in the other thread they won Denver and didn’t have last name on tm account
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    RELAX everyone. What is it down to now after admissions of user error?  1 unexplainable case?  
  • Someone posted in the other thread they won Denver and didn’t have last name on tm account
    And even that I think has been an overreaction.  When you log into TM it always just says your first name.  Your last name is still on the account though.  You literally cannot create an account or purchase/sell tickets on that site with only a first name.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    RELAX everyone. What is it down to now after admissions of user error?  1 unexplainable case?  
    Yes
    RP123663 said:
    Someone posted in the other thread they won Denver and didn’t have last name on tm account
    And even that I think has been an overreaction.  When you log into TM it always just says your first name.  Your last name is still on the account though.  You literally cannot create an account or purchase/sell tickets on that site with only a first name.
    That is demonstrably false, I had no last name on my account until this morning and bought tickets for 7 years!   It may have no baring on winning and losing but why take the chance.

• I wish you could see submission on Ticketmaster account to check status instead of having email
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    yeah, which makes me think it HAS to be a user error.   Welp, I guess it could just be the anomaly.  Which....if I were in that person's shoes I would still push for an answer.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • cmcardcmcard Posts: 86
    Jed said:
    I just checked my TM account for last name. thanks for the heads up!
    Where are you guys talking about checking? Just in basic TM account?  Or did you have to call? Would like to check mine as well
  • PB11041 said:
    RP123663 said:
    That is demonstrably false, I had no last name on my account until this morning and bought tickets for 7 years!   It may have no baring on winning and losing but why take the chance.
    So you bought tickets with a credit card online without a last name?  I call b.s.   Your last name is on the account somewhere, even if it doesn't show up on your main page.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    cmcard said:
    Jed said:
    I just checked my TM account for last name. thanks for the heads up!
    Where are you guys talking about checking? Just in basic TM account?  Or did you have to call? Would like to check mine as well
    logged in, checked my profile
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    PB11041 said:
    RP123663 said:
    Same here.  Very odd.   Obviously has to be somewhere,  but after adding this morning it now shows my full name when I go in versus my first name.
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    RP123663 said:
    PB11041 said:
    RP123663 said:
    So you bought tickets with a credit card online without a last name?  I call b.s.   Your last name is on the account somewhere, even if it doesn't show up on your main page.
    I agree the Last Name is embedded in the account somewhere.  It's frightening when you check your profile and it shows only a first name though.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    RP123663 said:
    PB11041 said:
    RP123663 said:
    You can use any credit card and enter and delete multiple, as long as it is a working card they would not reject payment, none of that data draws into your profile.  Even for the PJ tickets an entirely separate payment page came up, could not use the cards on file had to enter a card during ordering.

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,555
    RP123663 said:
    PB11041 said:
    RP123663 said:

This. A profile is just what is publicly viewable to you. If they didn't have your last name, they wouldn't be able to charge your card or send you tickets through the mail.
  • What if the issue comes from the BA option ?
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • RP123663 said:
    I logged in just to make sure everything was ok. My last name was blank under account/settings. I bought a gazzilion tickets in the past 10 years (including two shows coming up showing under my events)
    Severed Hand
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    What if the issue comes from the BA option ?
    Its not. Most people chose that I think and there are very few issues
  • cmcardcmcard Posts: 86
    I'm starting to think my biggest mistake was coming to the board at all. I wasn't worried at all, now ...did I submit right, what is best available, is Ticketmaster account correct, what address is on file, is credit card authorized...

Surely as long as you got the confirmation email of submission you are fine(assuming you have money in account and name selected)

Anyway...shows I put in for haven't drawn yet.  So guess I'll wait some more, and read and get worried more 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    RP123663 said:
    After I added my last name this morning it now shows my full name. 
  • And then you had them send you your tickets to the attention of "Pete"?  Or "Bob"?    It's a required field when signing up for an account.  It's also required for billing purposes.  It's also required for shipping purposes.  Trust me, your last name was in there.  It's cool to double check and reassure yourself, but with all the people on here that are saying their last name was not on the account, you would have heard an enormous uproar yesterday with people getting shut out.  Not just 1 person who likely made some other error.
    RP123663 said:
    PB11041 said:
    RP123663 said:

This. A profile is just what is publicly viewable to you. If they didn't have your last name, they wouldn't be able to charge your card or send you tickets through the mail.
    When you order tickets and pay you choose the options of to mail, or digital delivery.  you fill out a form that includes an address and payment that corresponds, yes, but none of that has to match what is in your account profile and non of it repopulates.  I could charge a ticket purchase right now in my account with my wifes card that has a different last name than mine.

• RP123663 said:
    After I added my last name this morning it now shows my full name. 
    Yup same here.
    Severed Hand
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    PB11041 said:
    RP123663 said:
    PB11041 said:
    RP123663 said:
    You can use any credit card and enter and delete multiple, as long as it is a working card they would not reject payment, none of that data draws into your profile.  Even for the PJ tickets an entirely separate payment page came up, could not use the cards on file had to enter a card during ordering.
    Do we know whether the credit card payment is being processed by Ticketmaster or by the Ten Club? I would think TM, but asking just for the sake of knowing. 
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020