Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• Hurls15Hurls15 Posts: 161
    PJNB said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    So, if a person puts "best available" as their #1 priority,  how could someone with a #2 priority or worse win that same show?
    They would win if there were still tickets left over from the 1st priority draw and everyones name was drawn and one. 

They would then start the second priority draw until all the tickets were claimed or names ran out. Whichever comes first. 
    I assumed that to be the case too.  However, there were many people last night advising that they had just received their Toronto BA 2nd priority confirmations, while I didn't receive confirmation on my Toronto BA 1st priority until at least 30 minutes later (and I was refreshing email/ no CC issues etc).  I am happy to be in the building, but question whether
    A) the time you submitted your request (I didn't submit until Wednesday afternoon);
    B) your membership number (I have a high membership number); or
    C) human processing of requests (ie multiple people processing, one person finishes their 1st priority requests and moves on to 2nd while another person is still working on their 1st priority requests)
    played into it.

Hope that those were shut out have success in the coming days and in February.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    I think, like any situation, people are just trying to piece it together. 

Like that one person on this thread....admitted that they resubmitted their tickets, and left out the other city. 

I think people just want to get to the bottom of this one.  It may...in fact...be that this OP happened to actually be the ONE percent who got shut out of the first one, then it was a 50/50 shake for the 2nd one and lost out.  

But everyone is just trying to understand the new system.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • cmcardcmcard Posts: 86
    edited January 2020
    When you guys say "best available" do you just mean you put GA first and RS second?  Or did I miss something?

• BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    cmcard said:
    When you guys say "best available" do you just mean you put GA first and RS second?  Or did I miss something?

That was the only way to do both GA and reserved.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • mace1229 said:
    Well that sucks, I didn't notice my last name was missing from my TM account either.
    Anyone know if they've started drawing for Denver yet?
    Does not sound like it, so hopefully you have time to go in and fix
    Your last name very well might be associated with your lottery order - even if it doesn't appear in your Ticketmaster profile. When I called TM customer service this morning they confirmed my last name was associated with the order since I entered it during the order process (even though it wasn't appearing on my TM profile).  But either way, I was able to update the profile and they said I would be fine.

I entered for the two OAK shows, which also draw today.
    Wait- OAKLAND draws today?!
    Yup. My productivity has plummeted ever since I found out.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
    cmcard said:

In previous years...you could list it like this:

1st priority:
    Chicago GA Only
    2nd Priority
    Chicago Reserved Only. 

how it worked this year....you could do this:

1st Priority
    Chicago GA only

OR

1st Priority
    Chicago Reserved Only

OR 
    1st Priority
    Chicago GA OR RESERVED - Best Available

If you selected both GA and reserved, you would get "best available" automatically selected on your entry. 

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    PJNB said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    So, if a person puts "best available" as their #1 priority,  how could someone with a #2 priority or worse win that same show?
    They would win if there were still tickets left over from the 1st priority draw and everyones name was drawn and one. 

They would then start the second priority draw until all the tickets were claimed or names ran out. Whichever comes first. 
    So, the OP had "best available" for Toronto, lost.    Yet some people said they won with Toronto Best available as 2nd priority. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    BV84003 said:
    cmcard said:

That was the only way to do both GA and reserved.
    No, there were two different ways to do this. You could EITHER select "Best Available" (which if you clicked it would automatically select GA and Reserved) or you could individually select GA and Reserved both (which if you did that would automatically select "Best Available" above). Doesn't matter which way you went about it, the end result is the same (I believe).
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • Friend got this response after I told him to check the name on his account and it showed only his first name:

Thank you for contacting us via email. I'll be happy to assist you with your ticket request . I apologize for any inconvenience, regarding your request. Your ticket request is valid. We cannot check on our end if the order is going to be declined. When placing the ticket request, it was made clear that the name on ten club and ticketmaster have to match. You will be notified if you are or are not awarded tickets. Email confirmations will be sent out on a show-by-show basis over the course of 4 days, beginning Thursday, January 16th. Tickets will be digitally delivered with seat locations during the week of January 27th.  If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us back.
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    At the end of the day, out of hundreds or thousands submitting lottery entries, how many got shut out on confirmed non-user error? One, the OP? I think everyone is getting jumpy on here. Too many profiles on TM that had missing last names by default. If that was the issue, there would be many more people shut out
    Need one person that had only a 1st name on their TM profile when submitted AND didn't use the same email addresses between 10C and TM to come on and say they won tickets.  Then some of the panic would subside.  I'm still scared shitless.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • RobZRobZ Posts: 181
    Wow, this effing thread......Anyway, beautiful snow day here in Utah, coming down in buckets...I'm calling in sick and going skiing.  Hopefully this afternoon I'll get my Denver confirmation, if not, I'll rethink if I even feel like even going to Denver in April.  But If I do...I WILL score tix, like I always do, pretty simple.  Good luck hashing this shit out.....
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

Friend got this response after I told him to check the name on his account and it showed only his first name:

Thank you for contacting us via email. I'll be happy to assist you with your ticket request . I apologize for any inconvenience, regarding your request. Your ticket request is valid. We cannot check on our end if the order is going to be declined. When placing the ticket request, it was made clear that the name on ten club and ticketmaster have to match. You will be notified if you are or are not awarded tickets. Email confirmations will be sent out on a show-by-show basis over the course of 4 days, beginning Thursday, January 16th. Tickets will be digitally delivered with seat locations during the week of January 27th.  If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us back.
    That doesn't say a whole lot we didn't already know.  The bold part should trump everything else.
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Get_Right said:
    The odds are BS and demand for this tour will be higher than ever. Demand exceeds supply which means that some people will not get tickets. That is all, there is your explanation.
    That WOULD make sense... if TOR weren't his 1st choice, and others got in with TOR as their 3rd choice.  So no, it's not an odds issue.
    LOTTERY - a process whose success or outcome is governed by chance. Sometimes your name is called, sometimes it is not. It is not complicated.
    Correct. Other unknown factors:

How many tickets per venue were actually allocated to the 10club.  Were identical amounts allocated for each venue? Were more tickets secured for some venues and less at others? 

How were the ticket odds actually calculated? How often were the odds being updated? Was there a large last minute submittal of ticket requests that would have caused the actual odds to be off at the moment of the draw and the site was not updated? How were submissions of “best available” classified in the odds, or were they even included in the odds calculation?

How were the ticket draws actually done? Let’s say there were 5,000 tickets per venue available. And they put 3000 tickets in the “first priority” draw. Those who had first priority, but not selected got bumped into “second priority” draw with 1000 tickets with all the people who had made that selection, and so on?

No one here actually knows how the draw went. No where in any communication was there language that everyone would be guaranteed tickets if the odds showed 99%. If someone really sleuthed around the ticket site they’d probably find language stating that the reflected odds may not be accurate or considered accurate.

sometimes people get lucky, sometimes things suck.
    They do not do it that way. Why are we complicating things. 

If there is 5000 pairs to be won and 10,000 people put in for them odds are at 50%

They draw first priority first (crazy I know). Lets say 4000 people put in as a first pick. All of those people are selected and win their show thus giving them all 100% true odds. 

They then move on to second priority (crazy again I know)  Lets say 4000 people put in for it as a second pick. Only 1000 pairs are left so only 25% of these people are going to win. Their true odds are 25% and the majority of the second picks lose out. 

3rd and 4th get nothing since there are no more tickets left and their true odds are 0%. 

Only way that makes sense is if their submission fails some sort of validation (TC email doesn't match from their entry to what is in TC as an example)
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606

FYI - my response when asking about the random missing last name in my TM account. 

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for reaching Ten Club Support. I'd be happy to assist you!

Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to tell you if that would affect your chances. Ticket confirmations will be sent out on a show-by-show basis over the course of 4 days, beginning Thursday, January 16 and ending Sunday, January 19. If you were selected tickets, or not selected you would be notified by 1/19.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at 1-800-594-8499.

Thank you,

Christina A. 

Ten Club's Ticketmaster Presale Fan Support

That’s about as canned of a response as you could get. Probably getting a lot of these inquires at this point. 
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    mace1229 said:
    Well that sucks, I didn't notice my last name was missing from my TM account either.
    Anyone know if they've started drawing for Denver yet?
    A close friend of mine says he's received his confirmation of Denver tickets.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Noload said:
    Friend got this response after I told him to check the name on his account and it showed only his first name:

That doesn't say a whole lot we didn't already know.  The bold part should trump everything else.
    Sure but it might help with some of the anxiety going around that people have because tm account only shows first name
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    PJammin said:

FYI - my response when asking about the random missing last name in my TM account. 

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for reaching Ten Club Support. I'd be happy to assist you!

Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to tell you if that would affect your chances. Ticket confirmations will be sent out on a show-by-show basis over the course of 4 days, beginning Thursday, January 16 and ending Sunday, January 19. If you were selected tickets, or not selected you would be notified by 1/19.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at 1-800-594-8499.

Thank you,

Christina A. 

Ten Club's Ticketmaster Presale Fan Support

Yeah. I got same type of email. We really need to hear from tenclub, not the ticketmaster support
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    At the end of the day, out of hundreds or thousands submitting lottery entries, how many got shut out on confirmed non-user error? One, the OP? I think everyone is getting jumpy on here. Too many profiles on TM that had missing last names by default. If that was the issue, there would be many more people shut out
    there are quite a few people on facebook saying they lost, and on the surface it appears they were BA requests, so either these people are all lying, mostly lying, mostly wrong, or all wrong.  But the universe of people that lost is while not huge, larger than the few here.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,940
    Noload said:

Copying and pasting my post from a previous page...

Like others, just this morning (1/17) I realized TM's default only listed my first name on my account. Big thanks to those posting about similar situations as it gave me the opportunity to go in and add my last name. I just spoke w/ a TM rep via the pre-sale phone number given by 10C and they said if last names were added for today's drawings then all is well, as they've yet to process today's drawings. Just wanted to pass this along to hopefully alleviate some concerns.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    mace1229 said:
    I just changed my name on Ticketmaster to Stew Pidasshole. Lets hope it was in time.

LMAO!!!!
    Thank you. I thought no one caught that.

• For folks hearing back on tickets this far...are those emails going to your 10c email account? 
    Went to my ticketmaster account email......
    03/20/94 - Ann Arbor
    09/22/96 - Toledo
    10/16/14 - Detroit
    09/26/21 - Dana Point
    10/01/21 - Dana Point
    10/02/21 - Dana Point
    05/06/22 - Los Angeles
    05/07/22 - Los Angeles 
    07/03/22 - Stockholm
    07/05/22 - Copenhagen
    09/08/22 - Toronto 
    09/16/22 - Nashville
    09/18/22 - St. Louis
    09/20/22 - OKC
    09/05/23 - Chicago 
    09/07/23 - Chicago 
    05/16/24 - Vegas
    05/18/24 - Vegas
    jjflash said:
    Noload said:

Copying and pasting my post from a previous page...

Like others, just this morning (1/17) I realized TM's default only listed my first name on my account. Big thanks to those posting about similar situations as it gave me the opportunity to go in and add my last name. I just spoke w/ a TM rep via the pre-sale phone number given by 10C and they said if last names were added for today's drawings then all is well, as they've yet to process today's drawings. Just wanted to pass this along to hopefully alleviate some concerns.
    Hope thats true.  Need one person in this boat to say it didn't affect their winning tickets.
    I added my last name about an hour ago and just scored Denver tickets.
    SO either it didn't matter, or it was in time.
    I'm guessing didn't matter
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    mace1229 said:
    Image result for guessing gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

mace1229 said:
    This is actually great information to know. Thanks!
    PJammin said:
    mace1229 said:
    This is actually great information to know. Thanks!
    I like to share something useful from time to time.
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,175
    I just checked my TM account for last name. thanks for the heads up!
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,407
    The whole emails and name matching is reminding me of how if you didn’t fill the 3x5 file card out the right was to mail order for Grateful Dead tickets you would get em. 

Kinda simple. No match. No tickets.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    mace1229 said:
    nice!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......