Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I was shut out of Quebec City, my only selection, when the odds said I had a 99% chance of getting them😩
    Did you only request GA?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Response from TM (not from 10C YET):

Thank you for contacting Ten Club's Ticketmaster Presale Support. We are happy to assist you.

As long as the email you used for the request is the same as the one for both your Ticketmaster account and your Ten Club membership, then there wouldn't be any problems.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know. Have a great day!

Thank You,
    Edgar J.
    Ten Club's Ticketmaster Presale Support  

Hilarious - now it appears email is important even though it clearly states in the rules names need to match.  Hilarious!

Contradictory to the answer so many others have received (only name needs to match) but I just went in and changed my TM email.  Fuuuuuuuuuuck I'm stressed.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Response from TM (not from 10C YET):

Thank you for contacting Ten Club's Ticketmaster Presale Support. We are happy to assist you.

As long as the email you used for the request is the same as the one for both your Ticketmaster account and your Ten Club membership, then there wouldn't be any problems.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know. Have a great day!

Thank You,
    Edgar J.

Hilarious - now it appears email is important even though it clearly states in the rules names need to match.  Hilarious!

Yeah that's odd.  I got tickets for Toronto and have a different ticketmaster email address and 10C email address.  I did input my 10C email on line 2 of the entry as stated.  My ticketmaster email was already inputed at the end of the entry......
    03/20/94 - Ann Arbor
    09/22/96 - Toledo
    10/16/14 - Detroit
    09/26/21 - Dana Point
    10/01/21 - Dana Point
    10/02/21 - Dana Point
    05/06/22 - Los Angeles
    05/07/22 - Los Angeles 
    07/03/22 - Stockholm
    07/05/22 - Copenhagen
    09/08/22 - Toronto 
    09/16/22 - Nashville
    09/18/22 - St. Louis
    09/20/22 - OKC
    09/05/23 - Chicago 
    09/07/23 - Chicago 
    05/16/24 - Vegas
    05/18/24 - Vegas
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    I'm guessing where they say your emails must match it is probably not the email associated with the TM account, but when it asked you what your 10C email is. But that is frustrating to not get the same answer as in the directions. 
  • Response from TM (not from 10C YET):

Thank You,
    Edgar J.

Contradictory to the answer so many others have received (only name needs to match) but I just went in and changed my TM email.  Fuuuuuuuuuuck I'm stressed.

I contacted TM support and they didn't seem sure of their answer (they said something similar to the above).

I contacted 10C support and they confirmed it was only name (NOT email address).
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    Guys, check your account. I just checked mine and surprise surprise: my last name was not on it.

Holy shit. I had just checked mine, and my last name wasn't in my profile. Just updated the profile all the way through. Thanks for posting this. Thank goodness my shows are not currently being drawn and was able to resolve this ahead of time. 
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    Response from TM (not from 10C YET):

Thank You,
    Edgar J.

I contacted TM support and they didn't seem sure of their answer (they said something similar to the above).

I contacted 10C support and they confirmed it was only name (NOT email address).
    Good to know. I tried changing my ticketmaster email to match tenclub but apparently that email is already in use. Did you talk to somebody from tenclub or they email you?
  • Starting to get a bad feeling about my Balitmore chances reading this thread. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • UtahBolt said:
    tdawe said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:
    Step 2. On the resulting Ticket Request site, sign in to your Ticketmaster account, or create a new one if you don’t have one. Your name under your Ticketmaster account must match your name under your Ten Club  membership account.  

This was step 2 on the pre sale ticket info page.  
    wouldn't that have triggered an error on the submission though?  That is crazy if not.  I just went in to my ticket master account and sure enough my last name was fucking missing.  
    Same thing happened to me (last name randomly missing), I didn't know (totally realize it was right there in the rules and just missed it) - they haven't chosen my shows yet, however.  I called the 800 number and he said that since they haven't gotten to my shows yet I should be OK - I just emailed them as well.
    fuck me, I updated it.  Holy shit what a cluster. I have been on my current TM account which is the same email as my TC since 2013, but for some shit reason my last name was not showing and that makes no sense to me.
    My last name wasn't originally showing up either, as was the case for many of us. Not sure what the deal was with that.

Did you enter it prior to the lottery closing or after?  Have they drawn your shows yet?
    I was able to update my info prior to lotto close. I was chosen for my Toronto/Hamilton reserved picks.

Thanks for letting me know - I just updated mine... NYC & St Louis (only two shows I chose) haven't been drawn yet.  Don't know if they do account matching as they're drawing shows OR if they did it at the beginning and just eliminated accounts that didn't match.  800# rep told me if they haven't drawn my show I should be OK - who knows.
    That's good for people to know, double check your name is correct in TM profile
    Also, when you look at your "Account Overview" it might show your first and last name, but click through to "Edit Profile" and make sure that the names are entered separately in the first and last name fields, and not both in the first name field. This was the case with mine. When I first looked at my account overview, on the left hand side in big bold letters it said my name like so:

John Doe
    Fan Since 2007
    [Edit Profile]

I updated my profile so that my first and last names were where they should be, and now on my account overview it looks like this:

John
    Doe
    Fan Since 2007
    [Edit Profile]
    tdawe, that is exactly what my account said this morning!  I just changed it, hopefully it was in time!    Waiting to hear on LA today.  Weird that the name would be in the TM site like that, I have bought tickets through there numerous times and it has never been an issue before.

Did not even think to look at it until now because ALL of my correspondence regarding this ticket process has had my full name on it (confirmations, etc.) so far, hopefully it was not an issue?

GO CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT!

Same for me. Fixed it earlier this morning so hopefully good for Denver drawings today. 

Question. My 10c email and TM email were different. I remember I entered my 10c email correctly on the appropriate step during entering for tickets. I also changed my TM email to align with 10c this morning. 

For folks hearing back on tickets this far...are those emails going to your 10c email account? 
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    phoned ticketmaster and they told my wife even though her e mails were different as long as name and credit card were the same . by the way thanks to 10 c and the band for securing more tickets than ever for their fans. they made it more difficult for seat license holders giving them a 2 hour window and no transfers of seats and only the person on the account could have them. they are really making these fan shows to the best of their ability.  that's why there are so few complaints of shut outs. in the past the boards would be full of disappointed people. so kudos to the band and club.  the proof is in the results so far. as far as the most popular shows ny and balt yes there will be more disappointed people but that will be due to demand . and even then they must have gotten way more seats as the odds are still relatively high with just one ny show.  so every one enjoy the ride the shows and if you can help someone out do something nice . its a great feeling to make someone else happy.  
  • Ray J. T. said:
    Guys, check your account. I just checked mine and surprise surprise: my last name was not on it.

Holy shit. I had just checked mine, and my last name wasn't in my profile. Just updated the profile all the way through. Thanks for posting this. Thank goodness my shows are not currently being drawn and was able to resolve this ahead of time. 
    Yup same here.
    Severed Hand
  • I contacted TM support and they didn't seem sure of their answer (they said something similar to the above).

If that's true it is a very unusual unique identifier to use, as a name is so easy to misspell (or it can be written in several different ways).
    An email address or a phone number is an unique identifier in many, many databases.
    It would also mean that I'm f*cked, since my last name in my 10c profile has a scandinavian ø (o with a dash) and Ticketmaster U.S don't allow that.
  • mace1229 said:
    I just changed my name on Ticketmaster to Stew Pidasshole. Lets hope it was in time.

LMAO!!!!
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
    foodboy said:
    phoned ticketmaster and they told my wife even though her e mails were different as long as name and credit card were the same . by the way thanks to 10 c and the band for securing more tickets than ever for their fans. they made it more difficult for seat license holders giving them a 2 hour window and no transfers of seats and only the person on the account could have them. they are really making these fan shows to the best of their ability.  that's why there are so few complaints of shut outs. in the past the boards would be full of disappointed people. so kudos to the band and club.  the proof is in the results so far. as far as the most popular shows ny and balt yes there will be more disappointed people but that will be due to demand . and even then they must have gotten way more seats as the odds are still relatively high with just one ny show.  so every one enjoy the ride the shows and if you can help someone out do something nice . its a great feeling to make someone else happy.  
    Ha. I called ticketmaster and the lady I talked to was about as clueless as you could get
  • UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    edited January 2020
    JR86440 said:
    foodboy said:
    Ha. I called ticketmaster and the lady I talked to was about as clueless as you could get
    Yup, my experience as well. She was reading the pearl jam policy etc
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    JR86440 said:
    foodboy said:
    you do realize there are so many of them and all they know is the policy they are given? 
    JR86440 said:
    foodboy said:
    you do realize there are so many of them and all they know is the policy they are given? 
    Correct but sounds like people on this board are actually talking to people who know what they are talking about
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Whoever is working the weekend shift at Ticketmaster customer service is in for a pretty rude surprise.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    PJNB said:
    Get_Right said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Get_Right said:
    The odds are BS and demand for this tour will be higher than ever. Demand exceeds supply which means that some people will not get tickets. That is all, there is your explanation.
    That WOULD make sense... if TOR weren't his 1st choice, and others got in with TOR as their 3rd choice.  So no, it's not an odds issue.
    LOTTERY - a process whose success or outcome is governed by chance. Sometimes your name is called, sometimes it is not. It is not complicated.
    Correct. Other unknown factors:

How many tickets per venue were actually allocated to the 10club.  Were identical amounts allocated for each venue? Were more tickets secured for some venues and less at others? 

How were the ticket odds actually calculated? How often were the odds being updated? Was there a large last minute submittal of ticket requests that would have caused the actual odds to be off at the moment of the draw and the site was not updated? How were submissions of “best available” classified in the odds, or were they even included in the odds calculation?

How were the ticket draws actually done? Let’s say there were 5,000 tickets per venue available. And they put 3000 tickets in the “first priority” draw. Those who had first priority, but not selected got bumped into “second priority” draw with 1000 tickets with all the people who had made that selection, and so on?

No one here actually knows how the draw went. No where in any communication was there language that everyone would be guaranteed tickets if the odds showed 99%. If someone really sleuthed around the ticket site they’d probably find language stating that the reflected odds may not be accurate or considered accurate.

sometimes people get lucky, sometimes things suck.
    They do not do it that way. Why are we complicating things. 

If there is 5000 pairs to be won and 10,000 people put in for them odds are at 50%

They draw first priority first (crazy I know). Lets say 4000 people put in as a first pick. All of those people are selected and win their show thus giving them all 100% true odds. 

They then move on to second priority (crazy again I know)  Lets say 4000 people put in for it as a second pick. Only 1000 pairs are left so only 25% of these people are going to win. Their true odds are 25% and the majority of the second picks lose out. 

3rd and 4th get nothing since there are no more tickets left and their true odds are 0%. 

So, if a person puts "best available" as their #1 priority,  how could someone with a #2 priority or worse win that same show?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    JR86440 said:
    JR86440 said:
    foodboy said:
    Correct but sounds like people on this board are actually talking to people who know what they are talking about
    I'm sure like any place else they have some reps who are seasoned and have been through similar sales before and can give good answers and others who are recent hires and just know to pull up the page associated with the sale and regurgitate the info.
    Luck of the draw which one you get when you call.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    JR86440 said:
    foodboy said:
    My experience as well.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    Change your name to ”drop table users” . That might help.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Vedd Hedd said:
    So, if a person puts "best available" as their #1 priority,  how could someone with a #2 priority or worse win that same show?
    They would win if there were still tickets left over from the 1st priority draw and everyones name was drawn and one. 

They would then start the second priority draw until all the tickets were claimed or names ran out. Whichever comes first. 
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,940
    Like others, just this morning I realized TM's default only listed my first name on my account. Big thanks to those posting about similar situations as it gave me the opportunity to go in and add my last name. I just spoke w/ a TM rep via the pre-sale phone number given by 10C and they said if last names were added for today's drawings then all is well, as they've yet to process today's drawings. Just wanted to pass this along to hopefully alleviated some concerns.
  • jjflash said:
    Like others, just this morning I realized TM's default only listed my first name on my account. Big thanks to those posting about similar situations as it gave me the opportunity to go in and add my last name. I just spoke w/ a TM rep via the pre-sale phone number given by 10C and they said if last names were added for today's drawings then all is well, as they've yet to process today's drawings. Just wanted to pass this along to hopefully alleviated some concerns.
    Thanks man! 
  • JBob87 said:
    I think it’s becoming more clear that the straightforward 10c lottery we all know and love has been replaced by some sort of TM fuckery...exactly what level of fuckery still remains to be seen
    I wouldn't have expected anything less when TM got involved.     
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    At the end of the day, out of hundreds or thousands submitting lottery entries, how many got shut out on confirmed non-user error? One, the OP? I think everyone is getting jumpy on here. Too many profiles on TM that had missing last names by default. If that was the issue, there would be many more people shut out
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • mace1229 said:
    Well that sucks, I didn't notice my last name was missing from my TM account either.
    Anyone know if they've started drawing for Denver yet?
    Does not sound like it, so hopefully you have time to go in and fix
    Your last name very well might be associated with your lottery order - even if it doesn't appear in your Ticketmaster profile. When I called TM customer service this morning they confirmed my last name was associated with the order since I entered it during the order process (even though it wasn't appearing on my TM profile).  But either way, I was able to update the profile and they said I would be fine.

I entered for the two OAK shows, which also draw today.
    Wait- OAKLAND draws today?!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    At the end of the day, out of hundreds or thousands submitting lottery entries, how many got shut out on confirmed non-user error? One, the OP? I think everyone is getting jumpy on here. Too many profiles on TM that had missing last names by default. If that was the issue, there would be many more people shut out
    People are quick to freak out and TM is an easy vent for frustrations. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,535

Two fans with errors on 3 shows total and potentially a 3rd fan who has yet to specify if they were BA or GA

Wouldn't you rather 10c figures out what happened before this doesnt happen to any other fans on draws beginning today?

I do agree the last name issue is probably not causing  the ticket denials