Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    Well that sucks, I didn't notice my last name was missing from my TM account either.
    Anyone know if they've started drawing for Denver yet?
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    This thread has made me paranoid, now. My TM and 10c email addresses are different. Since the form specifically asked for my 10c email address, I assume I'm fine. But y'all made me wonder. I can't change my TM address to my 10c address, and I'm worried if I change my 10c address, it will then conflict with the form I filled out. 
    I changed my TM email before the lottery closed to match my 10C... you can do it :)
    I apparently have an old, defunct TM account with the email address on my 10c account, so I can't.  :anguished:
    Same
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
    Noload said:
    "Your name under your Ticketmaster account must match your name under your Ten Club membership account."  
    Name..not email?
    I emailed 10C about this, as my emails didn't match originally (I updated, just to be safe). Got the following response:

So long as your name under your Ten Club membership account matches the name under your Ticketmaster account then you're fine.

What's the 10 Club email? Looked around and couldn't find it. Just the Ticketmaster 10 Club support email.
    if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.
  • mace1229 said:
    Well that sucks, I didn't notice my last name was missing from my TM account either.
    Totally perplexed why so many people are having this same issue... missing last names.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• EugeneEugene Posts: 124
    So are we determining now best available is GA first choice reserved second. Now I’m nervous I should have just selected reserve for Baltimore as my best way to get into building 
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    mace1229 said:
    Does not sound like it, so hopefully you have time to go in and fix
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    mace1229 said:
    This apparently is common when signing up for the TM account (to only have the first name).  I understand people will shit on this as a failure on my part, but one extra line in instructions pointing out that TM commonly only uses 1st name under TM profile would have been tremendous.  This setting up to be a dark weekend for me :anguished:
    The only relief is it seems like so many have missing last names there would be more people who got shut out if that was really the cause. Didn't 1 admit he didn't know a new request erases the old one? Here's to hoping it isn't just a last name deal.
  • Eugene said:
    So are we determining now best available is GA first choice reserved second. Now I’m nervous I should have just selected reserve for Baltimore as my best way to get into building 
    No, it's just BA. They are drawing entries randomly, starting with priority 1. If you are selected and your entry was BA, you get GA if available, otherwise Reserved
  • My wife changed her name to mine when we married this past year.  Her ten club last name was different than her Ticketmaster name, had different emails, etc.  with all that bullshit I didn’t even have her try for lotto tickets I knew it would be screwed up somehow
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    Maybe some Canada folks can check their TM account and see if they only had 1st name, and if they won any of their selections yesterday?
  • UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    tdawe said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:
    Step 2. On the resulting Ticket Request site, sign in to your Ticketmaster account, or create a new one if you don’t have one. Your name under your Ticketmaster account must match your name under your Ten Club  membership account.  

This was step 2 on the pre sale ticket info page.  
    wouldn't that have triggered an error on the submission though?  That is crazy if not.  I just went in to my ticket master account and sure enough my last name was fucking missing.  
    Same thing happened to me (last name randomly missing), I didn't know (totally realize it was right there in the rules and just missed it) - they haven't chosen my shows yet, however.  I called the 800 number and he said that since they haven't gotten to my shows yet I should be OK - I just emailed them as well.
    fuck me, I updated it.  Holy shit what a cluster. I have been on my current TM account which is the same email as my TC since 2013, but for some shit reason my last name was not showing and that makes no sense to me.
    My last name wasn't originally showing up either, as was the case for many of us. Not sure what the deal was with that.

Did you enter it prior to the lottery closing or after?  Have they drawn your shows yet?
    I was able to update my info prior to lotto close. I was chosen for my Toronto/Hamilton reserved picks.

Thanks for letting me know - I just updated mine... NYC & St Louis (only two shows I chose) haven't been drawn yet.  Don't know if they do account matching as they're drawing shows OR if they did it at the beginning and just eliminated accounts that didn't match.  800# rep told me if they haven't drawn my show I should be OK - who knows.
    That's good for people to know, double check your name is correct in TM profile
    Also, when you look at your "Account Overview" it might show your first and last name, but click through to "Edit Profile" and make sure that the names are entered separately in the first and last name fields, and not both in the first name field. This was the case with mine. When I first looked at my account overview, on the left hand side in big bold letters it said my name like so:

John Doe
    Fan Since 2007
    [Edit Profile]

I updated my profile so that my first and last names were where they should be, and now on my account overview it looks like this:

John
    Doe
    Fan Since 2007
    [Edit Profile]
    tdawe, that is exactly what my account said this morning!  I just changed it, hopefully it was in time!    Waiting to hear on LA today.  Weird that the name would be in the TM site like that, I have bought tickets through there numerous times and it has never been an issue before.

Did not even think to look at it until now because ALL of my correspondence regarding this ticket process has had my full name on it (confirmations, etc.) so far, hopefully it was not an issue?

GO CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT!

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    mace1229 said:
    The only relief is it seems like so many have missing last names there would be more people who got shut out if that was really the cause. Didn't 1 admit he didn't know a new request erases the old one? Here's to hoping it isn't just a last name deal.
    Yeah, we're currently sitting at one anomaly and pages upon pages of normal results. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Eugene said:
    I don't think so. I believe everyone who ranked Baltimore first priority (whether they put BA, GA or Res) is thrown into the pool, then as they draw each entry out they determine whether it goes into GA or reserved based on the option selected (GA goes to GA and reserved goes to reserved, BA goes to GA until there's no GA left, then goes to reserved). I'm not really basing this on anything concrete, but it seems like that's how it's supposed to work. Best Available is the best way to get into the building, with reserved only being basically identical odds-wise (accounting for the very small possibility that they draw thousands of reserved-only selections before filling up the pit).
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • EugeneEugene Posts: 124
    Eugene said:
    No, it's just BA. They are drawing entries randomly, starting with priority 1. If you are selected and your entry was BA, you get GA if available, otherwise Reserved
    Thank you 
  • Guys, check your account. I just checked mine and surprise surprise: my last name was not on it.

Severed Hand
  • mace1229 said:
    Does not sound like it, so hopefully you have time to go in and fix
    Your last name very well might be associated with your lottery order - even if it doesn't appear in your Ticketmaster profile. When I called TM customer service this morning they confirmed my last name was associated with the order since I entered it during the order process (even though it wasn't appearing on my TM profile).  But either way, I was able to update the profile and they said I would be fine.

I entered for the two OAK shows, which also draw today.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • UtahBolt said:
    tdawe said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:
    Step 2. On the resulting Ticket Request site, sign in to your Ticketmaster account, or create a new one if you don’t have one. Your name under your Ticketmaster account must match your name under your Ten Club  membership account.  

This was step 2 on the pre sale ticket info page.  
    wouldn't that have triggered an error on the submission though?  That is crazy if not.  I just went in to my ticket master account and sure enough my last name was fucking missing.  
    Same thing happened to me (last name randomly missing), I didn't know (totally realize it was right there in the rules and just missed it) - they haven't chosen my shows yet, however.  I called the 800 number and he said that since they haven't gotten to my shows yet I should be OK - I just emailed them as well.
    fuck me, I updated it.  Holy shit what a cluster. I have been on my current TM account which is the same email as my TC since 2013, but for some shit reason my last name was not showing and that makes no sense to me.
    My last name wasn't originally showing up either, as was the case for many of us. Not sure what the deal was with that.

Did you enter it prior to the lottery closing or after?  Have they drawn your shows yet?
    I was able to update my info prior to lotto close. I was chosen for my Toronto/Hamilton reserved picks.

Thanks for letting me know - I just updated mine... NYC & St Louis (only two shows I chose) haven't been drawn yet.  Don't know if they do account matching as they're drawing shows OR if they did it at the beginning and just eliminated accounts that didn't match.  800# rep told me if they haven't drawn my show I should be OK - who knows.
    That's good for people to know, double check your name is correct in TM profile
    Also, when you look at your "Account Overview" it might show your first and last name, but click through to "Edit Profile" and make sure that the names are entered separately in the first and last name fields, and not both in the first name field. This was the case with mine. When I first looked at my account overview, on the left hand side in big bold letters it said my name like so:

John Doe
    Fan Since 2007
    [Edit Profile]

I updated my profile so that my first and last names were where they should be, and now on my account overview it looks like this:

John
    Doe
    Fan Since 2007
    [Edit Profile]
    tdawe, that is exactly what my account said this morning!  I just changed it, hopefully it was in time!    Waiting to hear on LA today.  Weird that the name would be in the TM site like that, I have bought tickets through there numerous times and it has never been an issue before.

Did not even think to look at it until now because ALL of my correspondence regarding this ticket process has had my full name on it (confirmations, etc.) so far, hopefully it was not an issue?

GO CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT!

Do us a favor and let us know if you get/don't get tix - if you don't, I'd be curious about the rejection email you get.  Thank you!

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• mace1229 said:
    Totally perplexed why so many people are having this same issue... missing last names.
    I don't know but I just checked and my TM account was missing my last name, too. Thank god for this thread though. Able to update my account w/ last name prior to the Bal/NYC drawings 
    2009 Philadelphia (10/31)
    2010 Boston (5/17)
    2013 Worcester (10/15); Worcester (10/16); Hartford (10/25)
    2016 Boston (8/5); Boston (8/7)
    2018 London (6/18); Boston (9/2); Boston (9/4)
    2019 EV Lisbon (6/20)
    2021 Ohana Dana Point (10/2)
    2022 EV Earthlings NYC (2/3)
    2022 NYC (9/11); Camden (9/14)
    2023 St. Paul (8/31); St. Paul (9/2); Austin (9/18); Austin (9/19)
    2024: NYC (9/3); NYC (9/4); Philadelphia (9/7)
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    mace1229 said:

I wonder if it has something to do with how old your TM account is. Mine said I've had an account since 2003. I have to be honest, I buy a TON of tickets and this is the first time I've ever noticed my last name not being present in the "my account' section of my profile. It's there in every other part of the account (billing, shipping, etc.) it was just absent on that first page. Very random. I also called and was told that my last name was with my entry and that was the most important piece of information to match. She suggest to add my last name to my TM account, which I had already done, but that it shouldn't have a bearing. Especially since my shows (Nash & St. Louis) have yet to draw. 
  • Noload said:
    Maybe some Canada folks can check their TM account and see if they only had 1st name, and if they won any of their selections yesterday?
    Mine has my full name and I’ve had a Ticketmaster account since 2011.
  • IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    edited January 2020
    Response from TM (not from 10C YET):

Thank you for contacting Ten Club's Ticketmaster Presale Support. We are happy to assist you.

As long as the email you used for the request is the same as the one for both your Ticketmaster account and your Ten Club membership, then there wouldn't be any problems.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know. Have a great day!

Thank You,
    Edgar J.
    Ten Club's Ticketmaster Presale Support  

Hilarious - now it appears email is important even though it clearly states in the rules names need to match.  Hilarious!

I just changed my name on Ticketmaster to Stew Pidasshole. Lets hope it was in time.
  • BRWillyBRWilly Posts: 81
    Eugene said:
    How do we know they are doing priority 1 show and then pulling names and matching that with your selection. Why don't we think they'd be drawing "Priority 1 - GA" then "Priority 1 - Reserved" then "Priority 1 - Best Available." 
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23
    Philadelphia 9/7/24
    Baltimore 9/12/24

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    That's pretty wierd.  My last name is on my TM account, and says I've been a member since '06 (which i'm pretty sure I used TM online before '06).    I wonder why people don't have last names.  You can't really use TM without a last name.  Were those accounts setup for a 3rd party process and never used for other things?
  • I was able to use TM in the past with my first and last name both being listed with “**”. I have no idea how that even gets set up. 

Was able to change it during the lottery. 
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    My TM account says from 2003, and mine only had my 1st name.  Changed it 3 days ago......just in case.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • I was shut out of Quebec City, my only selection, when the odds said I had a 99% chance of getting them😩
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    Response from TM (not from 10C YET):

Thank you for contacting Ten Club's Ticketmaster Presale Support. We are happy to assist you.

As long as the email you used for the request is the same as the one for both your Ticketmaster account and your Ten Club membership, then there wouldn't be any problems.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know. Have a great day!

Thank You,
    Edgar J.
    Ten Club's Ticketmaster Presale Support  

Hilarious - now it appears email is important even though it clearly states in the rules names need to match.  Hilarious!

Geez....good to know. Thanks for sharing. PS. I like the username. I assume you're in Illinois somewhere?!? So am I. And if you happen to be born in '76 then we have something else in common. 
  • BRWilly said:
    Eugene said:
    How do we know they are doing priority 1 show and then pulling names and matching that with your selection. Why don't we think they'd be drawing "Priority 1 - GA" then "Priority 1 - Reserved" then "Priority 1 - Best Available." 

Because that's what Ten Club told me in an email