Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    franko49 said:
    I did two separate entries for Toronto and Hamilton. I got confirmation for Hamilton but I haven't received a notification for Toronto at all. Not even one stating that I did not qualify for Toronto. Could there still be a chance?
    Your second entry replaced your first one. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    edited January 2020
    aidt17 said:

Side note my buddy didn’t have his Ticketmaster account in line with his 10 club account and his “loser” email said they just couldn’t fulfill his order. Not that he made a user error 
    Need to repost this, could be very key.

Is this possibly what happened, moses-i?
    IF that's the case, as I just mentioned... no where in the rules did it state:  Your 10c and Ticketmaster email addresses need to match as well as the exact first and last name between your two accounts - align those two or you may have issues... type thing.  No where was that called out.  

If you chose any of the shows that they haven't drawn yet, go in and make sure these are aligned :)

This would be two bad errors by TM 10c. An inaccurate email communication plus a absurdly complex rules.

If James enters for tickets and Jim wins them, and Jimmy has a perfectly clean 10c membership history, at the very least 10c should clear this up before denying tickets due  to "demand."
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415
    franko49 said:
    I did two separate entries for Toronto and Hamilton. I got confirmation for Hamilton but I haven't received a notification for Toronto at all. Not even one stating that I did not qualify for Toronto. Could there still be a chance?
    Entries were submitted as one. My understanding is if you went back to the page and submitted a "2nd" entry it overwrites your first entry. All shows needed to be on one entry
  • aidt17aidt17 Posts: 633
    edited January 2020
    franko49 said:
    Did you log in first and do Toronto then log back in and pick Hamilton?  I read somewhere they took your last submitted entry.  So if you logged back in and only picked Hamilton and not Toronto the system only reads you applied for Hamilton I believe
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• PJamminPJammin Posts: 606

PJammin said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:
    Step 2. On the resulting Ticket Request site, sign in to your Ticketmaster account, or create a new one if you don’t have one. Your name under your Ticketmaster account must match your name under your Ten Club  membership account.  

This was step 2 on the pre sale ticket info page.  
    wouldn't that have triggered an error on the submission though?  That is crazy if not.  I just went in to my ticket master account and sure enough my last name was fucking missing.  
    Same thing happened to me (last name randomly missing), I didn't know (totally realize it was right there in the rules and just missed it) - they haven't chosen my shows yet, however.  I called the 800 number and he said that since they haven't gotten to my shows yet I should be OK - I just emailed them as well.
    Holy shit!!! Thanks for sharing this. I just checked my TM account and my last name was missing as well. WTH. I buy a LOT of tickets to shows and never noticed this before. Hopefully I'm still in good shape since I only picked Nashville and ST. Louis which haven't drawn yet. Exactly which phone # did you call and/or email addy did you send a note to? I might give them a heads up as well to be safe.

Called: 855-868-4782 

Was told I should be OK

Emailed: tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com & tickets@tenclub.net.

I'll report back on if the email response comes back with the "you should be ok because they haven't drawn your show yet"

Thank you kindly! Sure hoping so. I'd hate for that to be the tipping point that monkey wrenches the system. Have we heard from anyone who had a single name in their ticketmaster account but successfully "won" a drawing yesterday? That would ease some minds if that was the case. 
  • aidt17 said:

Side note my buddy didn’t have his Ticketmaster account in line with his 10 club account and his “loser” email said they just couldn’t fulfill his order. Not that he made a user error 

IF that's the case, as I just mentioned... no where in the rules did it state:  Your 10c and Ticketmaster email addresses need to match as well as the exact first and last name between your two accounts - align those two or you may have issues... type thing.  No where was that called out.  

If you chose any of the shows that they haven't drawn yet, go in and make sure these are aligned :)

This would be two bad errors by TM 10c. An inaccurate email communication plus a absurdly complex rules.

If James enters for tickets and Jim wins them, and Jimmy has a perfectly clean 10c membership history, at the very least 10c should clear this up before denying tickets due  to "demand."

This is on me - I clearly missed it in bullet two of the rules that your first/last name needed to match between the two.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• franko49 said:
    Entries were submitted as one. My understanding is if you went back to the page and submitted a "2nd" entry it overwrites your first entry. All shows needed to be on one entry
    Was that stated in the instruction email? I did get 2 separate reference numbers.   
  • PJammin said:

PJammin said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:
    Step 2. On the resulting Ticket Request site, sign in to your Ticketmaster account, or create a new one if you don’t have one. Your name under your Ticketmaster account must match your name under your Ten Club  membership account.  

wouldn't that have triggered an error on the submission though?  That is crazy if not.  I just went in to my ticket master account and sure enough my last name was fucking missing.  
    Same thing happened to me (last name randomly missing), I didn't know (totally realize it was right there in the rules and just missed it) - they haven't chosen my shows yet, however.  I called the 800 number and he said that since they haven't gotten to my shows yet I should be OK - I just emailed them as well.
    Holy shit!!! Thanks for sharing this. I just checked my TM account and my last name was missing as well. WTH. I buy a LOT of tickets to shows and never noticed this before. Hopefully I'm still in good shape since I only picked Nashville and ST. Louis which haven't drawn yet. Exactly which phone # did you call and/or email addy did you send a note to? I might give them a heads up as well to be safe.

Was told I should be OK

I'll report back on if the email response comes back with the "you should be ok because they haven't drawn your show yet"

Thank you kindly! Sure hoping so. I'd hate for that to be the tipping point that monkey wrenches the system. Have we heard from anyone who had a single name in their ticketmaster account but successfully "won" a drawing yesterday? That would ease some minds if that was the case. 
    You got it!

I'm SUPER confident their names were thrown out - it clearly stated that in bullet 2 of the rules that they had to match exactly.  Yep.... 

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• franko49 said:
    Wouldn't doing a second entry on your Canada shows wipe out your first? Thought that's what I read. I live in the US, and it stated that if you resubmitted your entry it would cancel out your first entry. Wouldn't you have had to do both Canada (or US) entries on the same submission? Separate single entries would have canceled out the first entry, I believe.
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    aidt17 said:

This is on me - I clearly missed it in bullet two of the rules that your first/last name needed to match between the two.
    I don't think you're alone there. I changed mine (Dan/Daniel), but that sort of nitpicking seems overboard. I mean, I get if the names are completely different, but if they had to be EXACTLY the same, maybe they could have made that language a little bolder....
  • PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

fuck me, I updated it.  Holy shit what a cluster. I have been on my current TM account which is the same email as my TC since 2013, but for some shit reason my last name was not showing and that makes no sense to me.
    My last name wasn't originally showing up either, as was the case for many of us. Not sure what the deal was with that.

Did you enter it prior to the lottery closing or after?  Have they drawn your shows yet?
    I was able to update my info prior to lotto close. I was chosen for my Toronto/Hamilton reserved picks.

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • aidt17 said:
    franko49 said:
    Did you log in first and do Toronto then log back in and pick Hamilton?  I read somewhere they took your last submitted entry.  So if you logged back in and only picked Hamilton and not Toronto the system only reads you applied for Hamilton I believe
    I did, I was in a meeting i had to do it covertly. Guess it's on me.
  • ecdanc said:
    aidt17 said:

I don't think you're alone there. I changed mine (Dan/Daniel), but that sort of nitpicking seems overboard. I mean, I get if the names are completely different, but if they had to be EXACTLY the same, maybe they could have made that language a little bolder....
    My problem is my Ticketmaster account somehow randomly removed my last name all together....

• PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    PJammin said:

PJammin said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

Was told I should be OK

You got it!

I'm SUPER confident their names were thrown out - it clearly stated that in bullet 2 of the rules that they had to match exactly.  Yep.... 

Damn.....sweating it out now. Hope the operator you spoke with that claims you/we "should be OK" is right. 
    ecdanc said:
    aidt17 said:

My problem is my Ticketmaster account somehow randomly removed my last name all together....
    Ouch. That's messed up. Unless you're Cher....
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

I just realized my profile was my first name only in TM.  I called the number and not a lot of help.  I updated my TM profile adding my last name and emailed tickets@tenclub.net.  My shows are Balt, NYC and Nashville.  I'm probably fucked.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

fuck me, I updated it.  Holy shit what a cluster. I have been on my current TM account which is the same email as my TC since 2013, but for some shit reason my last name was not showing and that makes no sense to me.
    My last name wasn't originally showing up either, as was the case for many of us. Not sure what the deal was with that.

Did you enter it prior to the lottery closing or after?  Have they drawn your shows yet?
    I was able to update my info prior to lotto close. I was chosen for my Toronto/Hamilton reserved picks.

Thanks for letting me know - I just updated mine... NYC & St Louis (only two shows I chose) haven't been drawn yet.  Don't know if they do account matching as they're drawing shows OR if they did it at the beginning and just eliminated accounts that didn't match.  800# rep told me if they haven't drawn my show I should be OK - who knows.

• TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    Somone posted that the TM rep said as long as you change it before your drawing, you are fine. 
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    franko49 said:
    franko49 said:
    Was that stated in the instruction email? I did get 2 separate reference numbers.   
    yes....everytime I re-did my picks I got a new number. The LAST ONE DONE is the only one that counts
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    ecdanc said:
    aidt17 said:

That's pretty out there! My gut feeling says that between when they sent out the email requiring a full match on name and when they allowed entries, they thought better and decided validating on email address made more sense and kiboshed the name match (hence email not being mentioned in the original instructions but required for the entry submissions).
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,466
    Get_Right said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Get_Right said:
    The odds are BS and demand for this tour will be higher than ever. Demand exceeds supply which means that some people will not get tickets. That is all, there is your explanation.
    That WOULD make sense... if TOR weren't his 1st choice, and others got in with TOR as their 3rd choice.  So no, it's not an odds issue.
    LOTTERY - a process whose success or outcome is governed by chance. Sometimes your name is called, sometimes it is not. It is not complicated.
    Correct. Other unknown factors:

How many tickets per venue were actually allocated to the 10club.  Were identical amounts allocated for each venue? Were more tickets secured for some venues and less at others? 

How were the ticket odds actually calculated? How often were the odds being updated? Was there a large last minute submittal of ticket requests that would have caused the actual odds to be off at the moment of the draw and the site was not updated? How were submissions of “best available” classified in the odds, or were they even included in the odds calculation?

How were the ticket draws actually done? Let’s say there were 5,000 tickets per venue available. And they put 3000 tickets in the “first priority” draw. Those who had first priority, but not selected got bumped into “second priority” draw with 1000 tickets with all the people who had made that selection, and so on?

No one here actually knows how the draw went. No where in any communication was there language that everyone would be guaranteed tickets if the odds showed 99%. If someone really sleuthed around the ticket site they’d probably find language stating that the reflected odds may not be accurate or considered accurate.

sometimes people get lucky, sometimes things suck.

Thanks for reading this topic carefully before that long comment.  The odds have always been simple. And the odds were never before 99% for most shows. So simple explanation is the odds are wrong

But that does not explain how 2 fans lost 4 shows total that were 99%, including first and second priority picks where others won tickets with 3rd and 4th picks.

If you have statistical proof how that is a valid occurance in a random 99% draw, please share.

Are you 100% sure that the stated 99% odds were 100% accurate? Or are the stated odds “for entertainment purposes only”? We don’t know.

Also the ticket request was stated as being a lottery, not a ticket request guarantee. Lottery implies a chance of winning and chance of losing. 99% still means you have 1% chance of losing. Don’t have to like it, but it is what it is.

When I wrote that it looked like it happened to 2 fans with 2 picks (4 total picks), where other fans won tix to same show with lower priority picks. A 1% loss 4 times? Losing to a lower priority pick 4 times?

I'm not certain how statistics could explain that. Apparently one was explained by user error.
    I think you are placing too much faith and trust in the accuracy of of the stated odds. Again, we have no idea how that number was calculated, what variables were accounted for, likelihood of user error, and so on. because of that it can only be used as a figure to make an educated guess or an assumption of which choice could yield a best result, not a guarantee.

Yes, it seems odd that someone got shut out on a first priority, and others scored on 3rd priority. Again, no matter what info has been relayed to us on how the process works, they still bill it as a lottery, which implies chance and some randomness in how things shake out. And, as mentioned the users ability to comprehend the info that was provided and user error probably will account for the majority of the folks who get shut out.
  • Okay, so far it seems like a lot of name mismatches and other user errors.  Going back to the OP, I thought the lottery system was set up to work like it has in previous years.  Therefore, their entry was essentially...
    1 - Toronto GA,
    2 - Toronto RES,
    3 - Hamilton GA,
    4 - Hamilton RES.
    Is that correct or no?

I was there...
    PJ - 8/15/2000, 4/23/03, 6/18/03, 10/3/04, 9/11/05, 6/30/06, 8/5/07, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/3/10, 5/4/10, 9/4/11, 7/19/13, 10/3/14, 10/17/14, 10/19/14, 10/20/14, 4/16/16, 8/7/16, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, 6/18/18, 6/24/18, 6/26/18, 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/1/22, 9/3/22, 8/31/23, 9/2/23, 9/5/23, 9/7/23, 9/13/23, 9/15/23, 9/18/23, 9/19/23, 5/16/24, 5/18/24
    EV - 11/30/12, 12/1/12, 2/10/22, 10/7/22
    Sox - 10/22/05, 10/23/05, 9/30/08, 7/23/09, 8/12/21
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415
    franko49 said:
    franko49 said:
    Yes, in your tickets today confirmation email: 

Updating Your Request
    If you would like to update your request (e.g. add shows, add sections, change ticket quantity, etc) you can submit a new request with all of your preferences re-selected. We will only consider your most recent request
  • Noload said:
    PB11041 said:
    aidt17 said:

I just realized my profile was my first name only in TM.  I called the number and not a lot of help.  I updated my TM profile adding my last name and emailed tickets@tenclub.net.  My shows are Balt, NYC and Nashville.  I'm probably fucked.
    This seems to be an issue with a LOT of people - last names on TM accounts just randomly not there.  What did the 800# rep tell you when you asked them this morning?  

• Great, no chance on getting tix now. I'll have to try for Fan Verified but with my works lousy internet connection I'll doubt I will. 
  • franko49 said:
    franko49 said:
    From the email I got after I selected my shows:

Updating Your Request
    If you would like to update your request (e.g. add shows, add sections, change ticket quantity, etc) you can submit a new request with all of your preferences re-selected. We will only consider your most recent request.
  • ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    aidt17 said:

Ouch. That's messed up. Unless you're Cher....
    God I sure hope not......LOL

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    Get_Right said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Get_Right said:
    The odds are BS and demand for this tour will be higher than ever. Demand exceeds supply which means that some people will not get tickets. That is all, there is your explanation.
    That WOULD make sense... if TOR weren't his 1st choice, and others got in with TOR as their 3rd choice.  So no, it's not an odds issue.
    LOTTERY - a process whose success or outcome is governed by chance. Sometimes your name is called, sometimes it is not. It is not complicated.
    Correct. Other unknown factors:

How many tickets per venue were actually allocated to the 10club.  Were identical amounts allocated for each venue? Were more tickets secured for some venues and less at others? 

How were the ticket odds actually calculated? How often were the odds being updated? Was there a large last minute submittal of ticket requests that would have caused the actual odds to be off at the moment of the draw and the site was not updated? How were submissions of “best available” classified in the odds, or were they even included in the odds calculation?

How were the ticket draws actually done? Let’s say there were 5,000 tickets per venue available. And they put 3000 tickets in the “first priority” draw. Those who had first priority, but not selected got bumped into “second priority” draw with 1000 tickets with all the people who had made that selection, and so on?

No one here actually knows how the draw went. No where in any communication was there language that everyone would be guaranteed tickets if the odds showed 99%. If someone really sleuthed around the ticket site they’d probably find language stating that the reflected odds may not be accurate or considered accurate.

sometimes people get lucky, sometimes things suck.

Thanks for reading this topic carefully before that long comment.  The odds have always been simple. And the odds were never before 99% for most shows. So simple explanation is the odds are wrong

But that does not explain how 2 fans lost 4 shows total that were 99%, including first and second priority picks where others won tickets with 3rd and 4th picks.

If you have statistical proof how that is a valid occurance in a random 99% draw, please share.

Are you 100% sure that the stated 99% odds were 100% accurate? Or are the stated odds “for entertainment purposes only”? We don’t know.

Also the ticket request was stated as being a lottery, not a ticket request guarantee. Lottery implies a chance of winning and chance of losing. 99% still means you have 1% chance of losing. Don’t have to like it, but it is what it is.

When I wrote that it looked like it happened to 2 fans with 2 picks (4 total picks), where other fans won tix to same show with lower priority picks. A 1% loss 4 times? Losing to a lower priority pick 4 times?

I'm not certain how statistics could explain that. Apparently one was explained by user error.
    I think you are placing too much faith and trust in the accuracy of of the stated odds. Again, we have no idea how that number was calculated, what variables were accounted for, likelihood of user error, and so on. because of that it can only be used as a figure to make an educated guess or an assumption of which choice could yield a best result, not a guarantee.

Yes, it seems odd that someone got shut out on a first priority, and others scored on 3rd priority. Again, no matter what info has been relayed to us on how the process works, they still bill it as a lottery, which implies chance and some randomness in how things shake out. And, as mentioned the users ability to comprehend the info that was provided and user error probably will account for the majority of the folks who get shut out.
    Actually, I think we're placing too much faith in the entry being submitted with the instructions followed precisely. We've now discovered two incidents that were user error. Are there any others?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • If the show or shows you put in for have not been drawn, can you update on your ticket master account now? Wasn’t sure if it would affect it since it’s already been submitted. My issue is my ten club is under Steve and my ticket master is under Steven. My last name, emails were the same. 
  • franko49 said:
    franko49 said:
    From the email I got after I selected my shows:

Updating Your Request
    If you would like to update your request (e.g. add shows, add sections, change ticket quantity, etc) you can submit a new request with all of your preferences re-selected. We will only consider your most recent request.
    Fantastic F UP on my part. My wife is not impressed.